Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

It's not. I most certainly have my complaints about this game, lack of content being right at the top. Just ask iGnatia and 7thNumber. But when you trade in/sell your game you lose your right to complain about it. I'm not going to get in to a back and forth with someone who doesn't even own the game because quite frankly I really don't care about your opinion. And I'm sure almost everyone else here feels the same.
What? lol Okay, Im clearly Im not conversating with a intelligent individual here so Im just gonna leave it be. Enjoy the boring, content starved, repetitive grindfest that is Destiny. Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrolyB593 said:
I am just echoing that I too cannot connect and I am on X1

Normally wouldnt be a big deal but I literally planned my entire day so that I would have time to play Destiny tonight and of course this happens hah what luck.

Hopefully it passes soon!
Hah - I got booted right in the middle of patrol. I was getting disconnected frequently last night as well but was always able to reconnect right away. Not tonight. Of course the error message (something about "cattle") tells you to check your connection. I hate that BS. When the servers are down, just freaking tell us that - don't make it sound like we have a local issue.

rbarba4 said:
Back up. Let's do this
Temporarily or is it still back for PS3/PS4? My son claims it still doesn't work (on X1 anyway). So it's been a few hours.

Hah - I got booted right in the middle of patrol. I was getting disconnected frequently last night as well but was always able to reconnect right away. Not tonight. Of course the error message (something about "cattle") tells you to check your connection. I hate that BS. When the servers are down, just freaking tell us that - don't make it sound like we have a local issue.

Temporarily or is it still back for PS3/PS4? My son claims it still doesn't work (on X1 anyway). So it's been a few hours.
It is another DDos from effing LizardSquad. They said that this weekend they would and bam here it is. So freaking annoying. Their reasoning for all that crap is because they can. I can sure do a lot and dont however because I am not an ass.

Ugh.

And no the servers are still down, at least on X1 here on my end. Havent bothered trying ps4 since I assume it would be the same.

I am in your same boat except I also am getting my masters full time on top of working full time : /
Man how da heck do you even pull or can get yourself to play? I work & take classes/study during the evenings and weekends. I've been playing Destiny since day one, just got to level 24 today (yeah my friend's list kinda sucks and didn't pay attention to Vanguard rep until now), and somehow after been booted out today when the servers went offline, I felt like I was really wasting my time on this game.

Don't get me wrong I love gaming and really enjoy Destiny, but after putting all this time and still not being able to get into the "meat" of the game I feel like it really has no point, and Bungie just developed the biggest grind fest ever. It will either get better or worst which is really what I am afraid of. Maybe after somehow getting to level 26 my mind will change...maybe

Man how da heck do you even pull or can get yourself to play? I work & take classes/study during the evenings and weekends.
Honestly, I just don't sleep. This past Thursday I got on at 12:30am after I got my crap done for the night after work. I ended up partying up with some friends for the Raid and didn't go to bed until 4:45 and had to be up at 7am for work.

*Edit*

Just got into the servers on X1. I am tired now though haha ugh.

What? lol Okay, Im clearly Im not conversating with a intelligent individual here so Im just gonna leave it be. Enjoy the boring, content starved, repetitive grindfest that is Destiny. Peace.
I'm not intelligent because you don't understand common logic? You're complaining about something you don't even own anymore. In a thread where several people are still enjoying what you clearly didn't none the less. We all get it, you don't like Destiny. It's like walking into a pizza joint, trying pizza for the first time and not enjoying it. After you're done eating do you sit there and bother everyone else in the restauraunt about how much you didn't like the pizza? No, you leave and eat something else. At least with Destiny you got a portion of your money back.

Honestly, I just don't sleep. This past Thursday I got on at 12:30am after I got my crap done for the night after work. I ended up partying up with some friends for the Raid and didn't go to bed until 4:45 and had to be up at 7am for work.

*Edit*

Just got into the servers on X1. I am tired now though haha ugh.
Hardcore man, I really admire your toughness (or lack of appreciation for sleep lol ). I have to get up at 7 to go workout at 7:15. Somehow we manage to stay alive right :D/

And no the servers are still down, at least on X1 here on my end. Havent bothered trying ps4 since I assume it would be the same.
PS3 has been running since I posted, so maybe PS4 is good???

I felt like I was really wasting my time on this game.

Don't get me wrong I love gaming and really enjoy Destiny, but after putting all this time and still not being able to get into the "meat" of the game I feel like it really has no point, and Bungie just developed the biggest grind fest ever. It will either get better or worst which is really what I am afraid of. Maybe after somehow getting to level 26 my mind will change...maybe
That's sorta where I'm at too. Those gauntlets I got earlier opened more lvling progress for me. I Hate invisible barriers like that.

EDIT: of course it looks like I'm now stuck at lvl 22 1/2

Hardcore man, I really admire your toughness (or lack of appreciation for sleep lol ). I have to get up at 7 to go workout at 7:15. Somehow we manage to stay alive right :D/
I have to get up at 7 to get to work by 9 : ( stupid commute.

I miss the days of when I could wake up and work out haha Now I just try and squeeze in my workouts at night which sucks but I dont wanna be a fatty haha

And I totally love sleep. I just hate doing it! It feels like such a waste of time...until I try to wake up of course. I somehow forget that every night however ; P

Anyone looking for a person? I need others so I can do the Queen's Wrath and Level 24 strikes on the strike playlist. I'm a level 25. Add me, JGeco (PS4)

PS3 has been running since I posted, so maybe PS4 is good???

That's sorta where I'm at too. Those gauntlets I got earlier opened more lvling progress for me. I Hate invisible barriers like that.

EDIT: of course it looks like I'm now stuck at lvl 22 1/2
Yup and you are going to be there for a while unless you put some serious time on it or have a couple people that can join you in doing different strikes & other stuff to get to better gear fast. That is what has been killing it for me too, the fact that if I go solo I'm pretty much dead vs anything that is even 1 level above mine so I either wait for my friends to come online (hopefully) or try to go with randoms :bs:

I'm worried that once I get to 26 I won't be able to do the raid since I have to go out and seek a group and what not. It might be easy in MMOs like WOW where apparently the system is very mature for raiding, but I think Destiny has a long way to get there and maybe it won't

I have to get up at 7 to get to work by 9 : ( stupid commute.

I miss the days of when I could wake up and work out haha Now I just try and squeeze in my workouts at night which sucks but I dont wanna be a fatty haha

And I totally love sleep. I just hate doing it! It feels like such a waste of time...until I try to wake up of course. I somehow forget that every night however ; P
I hear ya man, once you start putting on extra pounds is pretty hard to get them off or get back on track unless you invest more time than what you would have invested if you hadn't let yourself go down that path to begin with. And don't get me started on the freaking sleep, seems like everyone enjoys playing starting at 12 AM +

Anyone looking for a person? I need others so I can do the Queen's Wrath and Level 24 strikes on the strike playlist. I'm a level 25. Add me, JGeco (PS4)
Queen's Wrath - is easy solo:

1.Reload and orbit until you get the earth one. Your ticket isn't used until the end of the mission. (Rumored max of 10 can be held)

2.Bring a solar sniper and whatever the extra damage mode is/usually arc machine gun (I find the one that hold 72 rounds are good for this).

3.In the area when the "Respawn Limited" shows up, Sniper the little flying machine with solar shields from a distance 1st, there are 4.

4.2nd priority are the vandeels.

5.Take your time killing the last Doug before the the last boss to replenish desired abilities. If you are a sunslinger, flame shield the last Doug before the boss enters.

6.While the boss is getting out of the hole, dump your grenades and machine gun (usually arc)on him, until the mobs show up. Stay far away from him, he has an AOE.

7.Head to the back room and alternate exits with pot shots with machine gun at the boss.

8.Collect the dropped "house banner" and other drops as you wish, orbit, you don't have to kill all the mobs to get your goods. The cuts scenes last longer than the mission if done right.

Question: Anyone else get anything besides the helm and chest pieces from the one on earth or do I have do other missions to get the rumored ship and sniper rifle that could be gotten? All I've ever gotten were helms and chest and have been only doing the earth queens wraith, on PS3 if that matters.

Yup and you are going to be there for a while unless you put some serious time on it or have a couple people that can join you in doing different strikes & other stuff to get to better gear fast. That is what has been killing it for me too, the fact that if I go solo I'm pretty much dead vs anything that is even 1 level above mine so I either wait for my friends to come online (hopefully) or try to go with randoms :bs:

I'm worried that once I get to 26 I won't be able to do the raid since I have to go out and seek a group and what not. It might be easy in MMOs like WOW where apparently the system is very mature for raiding, but I think Destiny has a long way to get there and maybe it won't
Sometime syou just have to be persistent though and really push yourself to master your character and maximize your playstyle depending on your gear. I tried the Ishtar Ruins Strike on 28 with 2 buddies and we couldnt kill the end boss. I said eff it and the next night I went at it alone and it was hard as balls, but I eventually got it!

Also in regards to the raids, you can jump in at 26 but really nobody will want you to play with them at 26. You really need to be at LEAST 27 to have people actually want you aboard. The enemies grow in difficulty so you very quickly will be outleveled in the Raid.

That being said it isnt ideal by any means but you can just hop into the Tower and chill for a minute and look at all the players in there. You can find all 27+ or whatever you want to set as you minimum and just shoot them a message, "Raid?"

Some group of guys did that to me and I ended up being the only person to have done it before so I helped them a ton and became the leader of that group haha.

I hear ya man, once you start putting on extra pounds is pretty hard to get them off or get back on track unless you invest more time than what you would have invested if you hadn't let yourself go down that path to begin with. And don't get me started on the freaking sleep, seems like everyone enjoys playing starting at 12 AM +
2526369-5145486735-Amen-.jpg

And in regards to starting past midnight, I have to get all the stuff I NEED to get done first. If it is a night without class I come home, make dinner, get some homework done, workout, shower, finish homework and THEN jump onto Destiny when I know if I fall asleep I wont be missing something. On days with class I get back at 11pm and so that timeline is usually even more condensed : P

Question: Anyone else get anything besides the helm and chest pieces from the one on earth or do I have do other missions to get the rumored ship and sniper rifle that could be gotten? All I've ever gotten were helms and chest and have been only doing the eatch queens wraith, on PS3 if that matters.
I have only gotten those two things as well. All I have done is the Earth Mission and the very first time I did the Black Garden on Mars.

I would be interested to know if there is different drop rates at each planet for these missions or what as well. I would actually go back to doing these missions and not have them pile up if I could get that sniper or ship more easily!

Getting other stuff from Queen's Wrath is very random. You can get a Legendary Sniper Rifle and a Legendary Ship as far as I'm aware. But I only got the Sniper Rifle, twice, albeit with different elements.

Getting other stuff from Queen's Wrath is very random. You can get a Legendary Sniper Rifle and a Legendary Ship as far as I'm aware. But I only got the Sniper Rifle, twice, albeit with different elements.
Yeah I finally got the Sniper last night but got the Ship on my very first Queen's Wrath mission. Do you think there will be a new set of rewards starting tomorrow?

I got a Legendary Sniper rifle.  I've made it through two queens wrath missions solo so far, but some I just have to bow out eventually.  By the way, looking for some people for strikes and eventually a raid.  Right now, I am level 26 hunter.  My PSN name is patsrule0316 if you want to send a friend request.  Generally I play early afternoon during the week, and early morning weekends.

Same here. Got two sniper rifles with different elements. Really wish i could get the speeder or ship if they are true. I was half way to rank 2 so i can get that class arm band. Im assuming that if i wear the arm band, even if she is gone, rep will continue to go to the queen, like other factions. Is this right? Kind of wish i had my awoken hunter up to level 20 to be part of the queen stuff. To me that would go well with the queen more than my human female warlock.

1.Reload and orbit until you get the earth one. Your ticket isn't used until the end of the mission. (Rumored max of 10 can be held)

2.Bring a solar sniper and whatever the extra damage mode is/usually arc machine gun (I find the one that hold 72 rounds are good for this).

3.In the area when the "Respawn Limited" shows up, Sniper the little flying machine with solar shields from a distance 1st, there are 4.

4.2nd priority are the vandeels.

5.Take your time killing the last Doug before the the last boss to replenish desired abilities. If you are a sunslinger, flame shield the last Doug before the boss enters.

6.While the boss is getting out of the hole, dump your grenades and machine gun (usually arc)on him, until the mobs show up.

7.Head to the back room and alternate exits with pot shots with machine gun at the boss.

8.Collect the dropped "house banner" and other drops as you wish, orbit, you don't have to kill all the mobs to get your goods. The cuts scenes last longer than the mission if done right.

Question: Anyone else get anything besides the helm and chest pieces from the one on earth or do I have do other missions to get the rumored ship and sniper rifle that could be gotten? All I've ever gotten were helms and chest and have been only doing the earth queens wraith, on PS3 if that matters.
Thanks for the detailed report :D Will try it out later. I do not think I have a solar sniper though. I think a void one, but I'll try to see what I got.

My copy will be here today from eBay(38.00) with vanguard code. Ill probably sell that code. Are there any "loot caves" still working? Do I need to pick a server like wow? If so which are you guys playing on?

Thanks for the detailed report :D Will try it out later. I do not think I have a solar sniper though. I think a void one, but I'll try to see what I got.
The flying sharks or whatever they are called have solar shields, you need a solar weap or damage multiplier weapon, other wise it takes forever to kill them. In the beginging of the mission or when you press start (like when you are trying to bring up orbit triangle) there should be 3 signs. 1 for EPIC mode, 2nd is damage weapon multiplier (I've always gotten arc for the earth mission, hence arc machine gun for the boss). With the solar sniper its 1 hit kill for the sharks, I don't have an arc sniper to try how many hits it would take.

My copy will be here today from eBay(38.00) with vanguard code. Ill probably sell that code. Are there any "loot caves" still working? Do I need to pick a server like wow? If so which are you guys playing on?
Nope, no servers. Just boot up and play. I believe there are still some 'loot caves' that are still working.

Just shy of level 26 warlock. Feel free to add me and if you see me on invite me I'll always be down for strikes/whatever to get gear. I play pretty randomly as I fit it in around work/wife&baby/school but if I'm on I'm up for whatever. Blainex

Done 3 missions (earth) and one vs the Giant Gate Lord and always the fuck helmet

I wish there was an option for open world pvp. I loved questing AND killing horde scum in wow.
That would be terrible. Just imagine going about your business doing missions or patrolling for materials and some faggot just keeps sitting in a corner near a popular objective with his exotic sniper rifle stopping you and everyone else from minding your own business just to raise his K/D.

Got a bit lucky last night in that I got invited to a fire team shortly after (probably cuz I was a 22). Did a few strikes, including Queen's Wrath and I got the helmet. Yay! So that kicked me up to lvl 23.

But definitely seeing that strikes are gonna be a necessity. Which means it'll REALLY be helpful to have a team together instead of randoms (though I've only had one bad experience with randoms so far).

Hopefully I can get more Queen events completed to at least hit level 2 and grab the scout rifle she's peddling. Already had Queen orders maxed at 10 from all the bounties, but I'll keep doing them just to level up. And the new gear I've gotten might give me a chance at doing the missions solo

With the right equipment ;) .

I tried a few missions, including earth, when I was lvl 21 and would eventually hit an enemy that's too OP or run out of specialty ammo. Sure didn't help that they could kill me in 1-2 shots.

I did work out a good pattern for the earth mission; meant relying heavily on my grenades (+ waiting for them to recharge). It let me save up as much ammo as possible for the boss fight. The part that did me in were the respawing Vandals that pop up with the boss.

I could take out most Vandals & get the boss down to 30% but there were always more coming and again, I'd eventually run out of ammo.

I've gotten the sniper and ship, both from the Earth mission. Problem is, the probability of getting the Earth mission is the lowest out of all of them. Resetting until I get it takes so goddamn long sometimes, which is why I prefer doing it with friends and have everyone reset their own games then joining.

I know last time I asked for people who wanted to raid I got much too many messages on PSN about it and couldn't accommodate people but...

I will probably be looking to put together and 2nd and 3rd raid group this coming week on my alts. If anyone is interested, send me a PM here or message me on PSN. The raids should be at night at or around 9pm EDT, probably during the weekend (Friday-Sunday).

Can send me a message/PM too if you're looking to do the weekl8 28 strike or Nightfall. I have more alts than my friends so I need to find other people doing it.

Also supposedly rumored they are patching soonish Tuesday/Thursday whatevers and that the crytarch guy is going to be better, purple engram  has a higher chance of being legendary.  But all purple engrams saved up will be turned blue.

Does anyone know if the postmaster can hold more than 1 of the emails from the cyrtarch for leveling at a time? 

Plan to loot cave as much as possible to get as many blues/purple engrams to level my cyrptarch rank to get as many saved postmaster emails as possible.

With the right equipment ;) .

I tried a few missions, including earth, when I was lvl 21 and would eventually hit an enemy that's too OP or run out of specialty ammo. Sure didn't help that they could kill me in 1-2 shots.

I did work out a good pattern for the earth mission; meant relying heavily on my grenades (+ waiting for them to recharge). It let me save up as much ammo as possible for the boss fight. The part that did me in were the respawing Vandals that pop up with the boss.

I could take out most Vandals & get the boss down to 30% but there were always more coming and again, I'd eventually run out of ammo.
I believe I've outlined everything needed done. besides, at that level who doesn't have a solar sniper and arc 72 round machine gun

Edit: that is why loot caves are valuable. Doesn't need to be fancy any solar sniper and arc machine gun will do.

All this talk of the Queen's missions and their difficulty makes me giggle a little. At level 28, the Earth mission especially, takes longer to keep refreshing than it does to actually beat it.

I will say however that playing the Black Garden was a pain because I didnt have any Arc weapons and it had the modifier on where you dont get ammo for the gun you are using.

All this talk of the Queen's missions and their difficulty makes me giggle a little. At level 28, the Earth mission especially, takes longer to keep refreshing than it does to actually beat it.

I will say however that playing the Black Garden was a pain because I didnt have any Arc weapons and it had the modifier on where you dont get ammo for the gun you are using.
Yeah the earth mission at level 23 and I kept getting my @ss kicked by the Shanks. They are way harder than the boss, we'll see how it goes today @ level 24

Damn Bungie, I could have 24-36 Ascendants Shards by now if they didn't nerf Queen Armors.

At least I can build exp and hope for the random legendary drops. 

Haha, yeah I'm just frustrated that I know this is usually an easy boss fight. Hell, I felt like more of a bad-ass when I fought him at the beginning of the game (no upgrades and a hooptie of a rifle) than when I tried to solo it as a Queen's mission with my current bling.

I would stop if I finally got the legendary ship..if only the 4 random ship I have from loot chests where them :(
I still haven't changed from my Collectors Edition ship. It is the best looking one I have seen so far in the game anyway. The Queen's Wrath is the same as one of the other available ships (that I already have) but just purple. Not worth hunting that much for in my mind. I would rather focus on the daily and weekly stuff and then Crucible bounties.

I still haven't changed from my Collectors Edition ship. It is the best looking one I have seen so far in the game anyway. The Queen's Wrath is the same as one of the other available ships (that I already have) but just purple. Not worth hunting that much for in my mind. I would rather focus on the daily and weekly stuff and then Crucible bounties.
Speaking of the CE Ship, I have it and I found a ship called the Fangs of Nyx and it doesn't change the ship at all, does that mean they are both exactly the same?

Speaking of the CE Ship, I have it and I found a ship called the Fangs of Nyx and it doesn't change the ship at all, does that mean they are both exactly the same?
Have you brought it to the Shipmaster or whatever? You cant preview them until you have encoded from her or whatever I have noticed otherwise it just shows what you already have equipped. This is what that ship looks like and as you can see it is drastically different than the CE ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0d3mTtmljg

Anyone else see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hrpzx/ama_request_someone_from_bungie_or_activision_who/ckvowy2

Pretty interesting read on what went down during Destiny's last year of development.
Thats disappointing to know this game could be that much better. Especially with the story. The beginning makes sense knowing it was meant for the Exo. Would have loved to see the other beginnings for Human and Awoken. This is really sad honestly. I would have loved longer cut scenees, as long as you could skip past them once you played that part before. Oh well.

I keep doing the queen bounties still because i want to get the class arm band for my warlock, and always hope to get the ship as one of the prizes, ive already gotten two snipers. So the ship is the only thing im missing. If i got rank 2 and the ship i would probably cool it on the queen bounties. But i like how they are doing events like this.

bread's done
Back