Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Wat a fun night I had. I found some guys on the destinylfg site and we did half of the raid so far. The relic holder was falling off all the time when facing the templar so I decided to give it a go and it was my first time being the relic holder and we beat the boss pretty quickly and I did real good. Only loot i got was another suros regime and a legendary sniper(Praedyth's Revenge) and thats it so far. Pretty crappy loot so far. Did get some shards and energy though.

I was telling guys what to do cause i was the only one who had experience in beating the raid.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the raid armor really rare? Our group has done two full clearings and only gotten one piece of armor TOTAL (hunter gloves). How are we supposed to gear up for the hard mode this way? At this rate it might take us to December when the expansion is out!

Maybe they expect everyone to make two alts to have more shots per week. *shrug* Hopefully, it's just a case of shitty RNG and stuff starts dropping soon.

Beat our first Nightfall last night. Took us only one try and we really didn't believe we were going to get through. More-so just messing around until we realized we got to the boss. Got the same exotic Hunter helmet Xur is selling this weekend as reward. Glad I didn't buy it! Buddy got the exoit weapon Plan C, though. Was a little jealous.

Made it to rank 3 for the queen. Now my xp says 0/0 so i guess no higher than that. It did add some new guns, Fusion, Sniper, Shotgun, Machine Gun, and Rocket Launcher all rare guns. Here are some pics to compare shaders/emblems, i dont see much of a difference.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/518429683935764481

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/518430062740115456

Made it to rank 3 for the queen. Now my xp says 0/0 so i guess no higher than that. It did add some new guns, Fusion, Sniper, Shotgun, Machine Gun, and Rocket Launcher all rare guns. Here are some pics to compare shaders/emblems, i dont see much of a difference.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/518429683935764481

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/518430062740115456
no postmaster letter?

no postmaster letter?
Sadly no letter. I was hoping for one too.

Me, Arjay, and Igatia are looking for 3 more CAGcast members to do the raid with tonight. I dont know what time, but probably after 8pm ET. Previous experience is nice, and to be level 28 or higher would be nice too but we can also do the raid with 27s. Only need 3 more people obviously.

Me, Arjay, and Igatia are looking for 3 more CAGcast members to do the raid with tonight. I dont know what time, but probably after 8pm ET. Previous experience is nice, and to be level 28 or higher would be nice too but we can also do the raid with 27s. Only need 3 more people obviously.
Mehhhh. I need the trophy. :lol: 2 raid clears

I'll go. Need the trophy as well. Level 28/29 defender titan with 2 clears experience.

Okay guys, Turtle, Dwarf, and Daver is gunna join us i believe. So we have a full raid team. Just make sure you are a CAGcast clan member.

grrr.. just need one walker. waited and fought it all alone. missed killing it by about 1-2%. where is everyone? coulda beat it if a level 4 woulda shot it twice.

Am I missing something that a 30+minute difficult strike gives 12 vanguard points? Or... I can do a 3 minute easy quest on earth 10 times WHILE collecting spinmetal? lol

Woohoo! Hit lvl 27 last night... after a ton of foraging (helium, spirit bloom).

The 2nd to last node on my exotic helm barely put me over & I had to buy the other helm Xur was selling just to dismantle it for the shards I was short.

I need another 8 shards to complete the last node... who knows how long that'll take me :roll:

Spinmetal and helium seem to be plentiful.  But spirit bloom is a "B-y :censored:"  to get and my legendary pulse rifle, gauntlets & chest armor all need it to upgrade.

Wonder how easy 28 strikes are when you're at 27, cuz I'm not dumping any shards into legendary armor.  Gotta save it to finish off my helm.

Also, keep forgetting to ask if there's a google doc with everyone's PSN ID.  Want to add more CAGs but can't tell most of the time if they're on PS3 or PS4.

EDIT: also finished last night at Queen's Rank 2, about 800pts in.  So yeah, NO shot at hitting Rank 3 before it ends, especially if Bungie ends it the same way they end Xur's trips

Vanquish update - Made it to the final wave once, got all the rolling ball droids but one which allowed the two bogeys to catch up to me and pound the fuck out of me while I waited to shoot the last one. There's just so much laser fire between the two of them that sometimes it is difficult to see.

Vanquish update - Made it to the final wave once, got all the rolling ball droids but one which allowed the two bogeys to catch up to me and pound the fuck out of me while I waited to shoot the last one. There's just so much laser fire between the two of them that sometimes it is difficult to see.
...what?

Should have thrown one of your cigs. :)

He meant to post in PSN-Off topic. :dunce:

thinking about running the raid tonight would be cool if we were all in the same clan to get the trophy but probably not gonna happen.

Lvl 27/28 Warlock

Man im like 3 moe upgades away from 29, i need dem ascendant shards. I'm right before the Atheon on the raid, if anyone wants to join me later.

thinking about running the raid tonight would be cool if we were all in the same clan to get the trophy but probably not gonna happen.

Lvl 27/28 Warlock
Will be doing this trophy in the near future but I'm not in the CAG clan. Made our own since we had one in WoW and D3 so... yeah. One of these days I'll invite 2 other people into the clan to get that trophy out of the way but not ATM :p

I have 90 ascendant shards and 135 energies. What I don't wanna do is farm that stupid helium and spirit bloom :(

I'll add the few of you who were interested in raiding tonight. I think start time will be around 10pm EDT.

Saw saw some of cags played vault of glass last night! How was it. Hopefully next time i can join. Finally got to hunter Lvl 27. Then i decided to level up my warlock. Got him from lvl 14 - lvl 19 in like 4 hours or so i think. Just did bounties and tried canguard strikes. Later hell be 20 and can finally wear 3 legendary armors my hunter got from engrams awhile back. Hehe! Hopefully the alrernate wont have that much of the grind.

Saw saw some of cags played vault of glass last night! How was it. Hopefully next time i can join. Finally got to hunter Lvl 27. Then i decided to level up my warlock. Got him from lvl 14 - lvl 19 in like 4 hours or so i think. Just did bounties and tried canguard strikes. Later hell be 20 and can finally wear 3 legendary armors my hunter got from engrams awhile back. Hehe! Hopefully the alrernate wont have that much of the grind.

[quote name="jedi0077" post="12139165" timestamp="1412485255"]grrr.. just need one walker. waited and fought it all alone. missed killing it by about 1-2%. where is everyone? coulda beat it if a level 4 woulda shot it twice.[/quote]
Kill the patrol one instead. Just go to the same spot via patrol and there is a Walker that won't reset if you die.

grrr.. just need one walker. waited and fought it all alone. missed killing it by about 1-2%. where is everyone? coulda beat it if a level 4 woulda shot it twice.
Kill the patrol one instead. Just go to the same spot via patrol and there is a Walker that won't reset if you die.
This, but also if you're in doing a strike anyways, just go stand near everyone else when it's close to death. It counts for you as long as your near whomever makes the final shot.

So we had a pug who I found on DestinyLFG come, do pretty mediocre for the first 3 bosses. Wipes us a couple times on the maze by straggling behind and just going god know where, and then he ninja bails. Leaves party, fireteam, then removes me from friend list. Lol, I fucking hate pugging.

Judging by his trophies it's probably because he already killed Atheon earlier in the week and couldn't get loot off him anymore. Didn't tell me beforehand. Swell guy.

Well I tried the VOG for the first time today and didn't get pass the Oracles on the first boss. I was randomly invited to the party, but stuck together until the team called it quits. 2 of the members dropped out, and nobody had experience with the vault, so that did us. I did start following a guide online right away and trying to keep up with the oracles, but after loosing the 1st member it got ridiculously hard and we kept getting all killed by the boss  :nottalking:

Am I missing something that a 30+minute difficult strike gives 12 vanguard points? Or... I can do a 3 minute easy quest on earth 10 times WHILE collecting spinmetal? lol
kill a VIP patrol mission gets you 25 vanguard rep. In can take anywhere from 1 sniper rifle shot in the head or "Troll Patrol", yes that is the title of the VIP mission, where an Archon shows up, which took 5 arc rockets.

Tiger strikes have a small chance at legendaries and exotics from what I've read. Total RNG though.

I need advice, whats  really good mod for a special weapon for PvP? I need to get a 25 kill/die spread for an exotic bounty. Was thinking a shotgun with stager rounds.

Gah! Finally hit 29!

And then we have a checkpoint at Aetheon on Hard in the Raid so tomorrow night we should be beating that and crossing our fingers like crazy for that Rifle!!

*EDIT*

I forgot, I also got the Ice Breaker exotic sniper tonight too just out of dumb luck!! That is the first exotic I have gotten without having to buy.

That being said I am level 29, do countless bounties, have cleared the raid like 6 times, get my nightfalls, do almost every daily mission... and I am yet to somehow get a single exotic bounty whereas all my friends have had handfuls. WTF.

Also, I broke down an Exotic Titan Helmet... and it only gave me two shards when it was supposed to give me 3.. ugh

DId the raid with some aussies and completed it in less than an hour, I was killing oracles left and right. I got 3 shards and Thunderlord machine gun exotic. Now I got two exotic weapons and 2 exotic armor pieces. Lol

How did the clan raid go?  Would love to take part next time.

I'm at the last boss, will probably try to beat it tonight EST before they reset progress on Tuesday.  Would like to have some experienced CAGs to help out.

PSN: gujimmy

The people on my friend list are never online. I'm gonna need some CAGs to help me with the Raid this coming weekend. I should be at lvl 27 by then (just hit 26 last night)

bread's done
Back