Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Trials is supposed to be 3v3, based on info that leaked a few months ago. Nothing official has been said, as far as I know.

And damn, playing Crucible is a whole different story after the patch. I took a break from winning games for grimoire score, and got back into it this week. Playing Rumble is almost a joke sometimes. It's like people don't know how to use primary weapons at all. You'll see someone jump out to a big early lead, and then just free fall once they run out of shotgun ammo.

Last Word is still a problem though. When you do get killed by a non special weapon, it seems to be The Last Word, 90% of the time. People just run up to you and treat it like a mini shotgun. Keep your distance and you can take them out easily.

Trials is supposed to be 3v3, based on info that leaked a few months ago. Nothing official has been said, as far as I know.

And damn, playing Crucible is a whole different story after the patch. I took a break from winning games for grimoire score, and got back into it this week. Playing Rumble is almost a joke sometimes. It's like people don't know how to use primary weapons at all. You'll see someone jump out to a big early lead, and then just free fall once they run out of shotgun ammo.

Last Word is still a problem though. When you do get killed by a non special weapon, it seems to be The Last Word, 90% of the time. People just run up to you and treat it like a mini shotgun. Keep your distance and you can take them out easily.
Skirmish is a pretty difficult mode, but i guess if you team up with 2 friends its a lot better than with 2 randoms. As much as i hate camping, it seems like camping is your best bet to win games. I know i was playing skirmish yesterday and i got 2 bad players on my team most of the time. I remember one match i had the best score out of all six players, dude on the other team was like 3-13 and we still lost. I did manage to get the 11 wins i needed to get another grimoire score. So i have 53/100 wins. Today i got a rumble win but thats only 13/25. Salvage i only have 2/25 wins. I really hate that mode. But those are the only grimoire scores i can rank up with.

Im always seeing Last Word, Thorn, Hawkmoon, Red Death. But mostly Thorn. I even played in a double skirmish match yesterday where both guys had the thorn. -_- But there was a 15 kills with hand cannon bounty too, so that could have been a factor.

Im almost up to the max with vanguard/crucible marks for all three characters. Got at least rank 2 crucible and vanguard so i can buy the new updated armor right when the DLC drops if they do it the same way as last time. So all i really have to do is wait for this DLC to drop!

Salvage is the worst to me. Skirmish I can deal with, because I'm good at getting kills and staying alive, which is all you really need in that mode. Rumble would be second worst to me. I got my 50th win there today, so halfway done. I'll probably bat those out before moving on to the next mode. I used to exclusively play control, which I now realize is dumb and all my wins there could've applied to other games.

And I hate camping so much. There's nothing worse to me than someone bragging about having a 6 or 7 k/d and then you watch them play and they're blinking around everywhere with their last word out and hiding if an enemy spots them. Then when they're faced with a challenge, they usually die and blame it on lag.

I'm going to try this again: I want to raid on PS4. Someone else would need to be a leader of sorts since I have but 1 raid completion to my name. But I do have a Level 31 Titan with Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker at least.

Either Vault of Glass Normal, Vault of Glass Hard, or Crota's End Normal. I don't care which. I want to play at 5 P.M. Pacific/8 P.M. Eastern tomorrow (Sunday) night. If interested, please post your PSN name and preference of which raid to play.

1. Matt Young (MattYoung730)

Just platinum'd Bloodborne and ran out of things to play so i decided to fire up Destiny and look on r/fireteams for a raid group. In a weird turn of events we got the flawless raider trophy!!!

Now all I need are the two clan trophies left for the platinum in this game. 

Just platinum'd Bloodborne and ran out of things to play so i decided to fire up Destiny and look on r/fireteams for a raid group. In a weird turn of events we got the flawless raider trophy!!!

I admin a clan that pretty much exists solely for me to have something amusing on my player card. Anyone is welcome to join if you want to go for those trophies. I have the strike one but not the one for raiding with your clan.

I admin a clan that pretty much exists solely for me to have something amusing on my player card. Anyone is welcome to join if you want to go for those trophies. I have the strike one but not the one for raiding with your clan.
That would be awesome! I would put my name on that list but I won't be able to play at 8:00 PM. If it were any earlier I would be more than willing to hop on.

Just platinum'd Bloodborne and ran out of things to play so i decided to fire up Destiny and look on r/fireteams for a raid group. In a weird turn of events we got the flawless raider trophy!!!

Did you do it on Crota? How many people and what classes did you use?

I named a time that was convenient for me in the interest of having something firm in place. If those of you who want to raid have a different time when you can all get on, I may be able to adjust my schedule. Probably won't be possible for me to play before noon Pacific/3 P.M. Eastern, though.

I'll be on around that time tomorrow night Matt if you need a body or two or three. ( I can probably get some people if you need spots filled.)

Man did some work in doubles skirmish tonight. Met some guy yesterday and we teamed up and were knocking out win after win. It was almost too easy how we were winning. Then boom here comes a team of guys who just wont die. Shoot them with a whole clip of last word and they survive. All of a sudden we were cut down to mere mortals. After that we did get a few more wins but the lag really kicked it at least for me. Stuff like getting golden guns through a wall, shot before i even go through a doorway, etc. etc. I just dont understand how we can go from dominating with ease, to going against people who seem like they eat shots and kill us with half the ammo we have to put into them. All in all i ended up with 67 skirmish wins total now. So only need 33 more to get that over with.

Oh yeah got a Plan C from a control match tonight. Already have one but with a bigger vault i may hold onto it.

Did you do it on Crota? How many people and what classes did you use?
Yeah, Crota Normal mode, 6 Players (4 Titans, 1 Warlock, and I was the lone Hunter). The titans basically spammed bubbles the entire raid and warlock and I spammed our supers. Orbs were falling everywhere.

Yy3Z2hC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn thats impressive. I thought the lamp part, maybe a hunter could run it himself with the dont touch me's. 2nd part a titan use the sword and get across as the others jump up to the area to make thrall despawn. Get through the thrallway could be tricky. Deathsinger also could be tricky. Then Crota could be the most risky with the sword bearer running away, or Crota getting up too fast, etc. But id love to give it a shot.

What i want to know is if Destiny gives someone in pvp host. I know all about hosts powers in gears of war 2. But like last night our duo was a freight train running through teams over and over. Then one team joins and it feels like they had the host power. It sure does feel like whenever i run into a guy who eats shots, he is in a party with another player or players. But i dont know if they use a host for their pvp or not.

Damn thats impressive. I thought the lamp part, maybe a hunter could run it himself with the dont touch me's. 2nd part a titan use the sword and get across as the others jump up to the area to make thrall despawn. Get through the thrallway could be tricky. Deathsinger also could be tricky. Then Crota could be the most risky with the sword bearer running away, or Crota getting up too fast, etc. But id love to give it a shot.

What i want to know is if Destiny gives someone in pvp host. I know all about hosts powers in gears of war 2. But like last night our duo was a freight train running through teams over and over. Then one team joins and it feels like they had the host power. It sure does feel like whenever i run into a guy who eats shots, he is in a party with another player or players. But i dont know if they use a host for their pvp or not.
To be honest, it was really easy doing everything legit. Even the wizard part was easy. The bridge gave us the most trouble and that was because one of the players was doing it legit the first time and didn't know standing on the center plate activated the totems. The first 2 times we tried cheesing it but found it more troublesome. The third time we tried it legit and got three people across and the player doing it the legit the first time stayed on the platform when everyone else got off causing the death. The fourth time everything went smooth.

I ran the lamp solo every time because being a hunter was really easy.

Then we did the bridge legit. When three people are left on the starting side, have them go to those floating tower/platforms and wait for the sword bearer to spawn. It's safer and easier. Kill the swordbearer and send a person across repeat until the remaining players are across. Titans on the other side pop bubbles as usual.

The thrallway, we went up the stairs shot the shrieker and ran all the way back to outside. #Bubblepoppers should do their thing just in case. Wait for the blasts to disappear, then do the same for the next shrieker. Slowly make your way through the thrallway shooting everything you see as a group and jump down the hole.

For the wizards, 4 went right and 2(hunter and titan) went left (facing crota's spawn). One person lures the wizards out as normal (for left titan because has most defense and has bubble). When shriekers are down everyone group up on the right side ( left- if you are facing the crystal) and pop bubbles in the first circle area. Have people be on the look out/kill for thralls and cursed thrall spawning behind and call out if a cursed spawns (they come out through the door) Have two people with tracking rockets (Gjally preferred) be up front and fire rockets at ir yut. They should run into bubbles for shield if injured. If she is behind the crystal, fire rockets behind the crystal on the ground and the tracking should damage her and lure her out.

After she is dead everyone go back to the towers and kill everything. Take your time. To trigger the next phase, (i.e get the loot and get the objective update) you have to kill the boomers (knights with the guns).

Crota is really easy. Just be careful with rockets when firing at crota. Have a person only looking at Boomers and the knight that jumps on the dance floor for the entirety of the fight and have some one occasionally kill the boomer nearest crota on the right tower (leave the other knight alive).

Swordbearer - 3 hits per down, 2 downs per sword. (don't get greedy you'll do it in two swords)

It's really easy when you actually try to do it. Not as intimidating as one would think. It took less than 40 minutes all attempts included.

Yeah man, Crota's End isn't that tough to do legit on normal. Hell, the only really hard part on hard is the end. If you're planning to go for flawless, definitely do it on CE. VOG takes way too long, and if you screw up once you're done. CE, with a good team, you can do the whole thing legit in about 25-30 min.

With two flawless CE runs under my belt, here's my breakdown:

Fireteam #1 was 4 members: Titan #1, Titan #2, Hunter #1, Hunter #2 (Myself being Hunter #2)

Firetream #2 was 4 members: Titan #1, Titan #2, Titan #3, Hunter #1 (Myself being Titan #3)

Both times I ran sword.

Part 1 - Lamps/Abyss: Hunter solo's abyss, using Don't Touch Me/Blink Strike-Invis/Vanish Super/Shadowjack/Crouch-Invis (forget name).

Part 2 - Bridge: Fireteam (minus Titan) platforms up to tower for Thrall despawn. Titan left below starts event, flies across w/ sword. This is the trickiest part, experience in platforming a factor here.

Part 2.5 - Thrallway: Have fireteam lay down suppressing fire, and designated Rocketeer kills 1st Shrieker. We back out ALL the way back outside to avoid death-balls. Repeat for Shrieker #2. After shrieker is down, entire fireteam uses suppressing fire and WALKS through the Thrallway. Weapons with Firefly are recommended here (Fatebringer, Scout Rifles, etc), avoid using Rockets to clear thralls as to avoid accidental deaths.

Part 3 - Ir Yut: A fireteam with full Cluster/Gjally Rocket Launchers and at LEAST one defender Titan with Helm of Saint-14 recommended. Have team split up evenly for each tower, with one member designated on each side to pull out the wizard. If possible, Gjally/HoC them down ASAP, and if needed use rockets to clear adds in front of doors to make an easier patch for shrieker killing. Once both sides are down, I recommend your fireteam ALL move to the left tower, and enter through that side. Clear as MUCH as you can before attacking Ir Yut, and have a Titan w/ Saint-14 place a bubble in the hallway BEHIND your team to help with thrall spawning in.

*Note*: Have your defender Titan call out with CLEAR intent he is about to pop his bubble, to avoid reckless Rocket suicides.

Part 4 - I use the "center balcony" strategy, with at LEAST one Titan popping a bubble on the right platform for boomer distraction (one bubble on either platform is ideal). Player designated as Swordbearer should aggro the Sword-Knight after grabbing Chalice. You can stand ON the platform where the Chalice is located and pop a few rounds into him before retreating. Go for TWO kneels per sword, with 3-4 hits each down.

*note*: PS3 users, reminder that Crota's orange shield now negates ALL damage, so you NEED to wait until it has cleared before your next damage volley.

We tried flawless raider today with 4 people. Couple times we died just from jumping down to the lamp area. But the really tricky part was the second bridge. Im more comfortable swinging the sword across than trying to jump up on the tower to despawn. But we kept dying trying to get up to the despawn area, but falling all the way down. So we said F it and i think we had a pretty good run after that, go figure. :(

We tried flawless raider today with 4 people. Couple times we died just from jumping down to the lamp area. But the really tricky part was the second bridge. Im more comfortable swinging the sword across than trying to jump up on the tower to despawn. But we kept dying trying to get up to the despawn area, but falling all the way down. So we said F it and i think we had a pretty good run after that, go figure. :(
You can just have one person jump down and solo the abyss. Everyone else can stay up top.

Couldn't play at all this week until tonight. Did 3 nightfalls and got Dragon's Breath and two crap legendaries. Trying to find a last minute Gorgon chest now.

Warlocks really got the shaft on the class item. It should make your whole arm light up or something not just be like a little arm bracelet...

Opened the VoG chest right after reset: Boom, Gjallarhorn #3.

2nd chest: Boom, MIDA #3.

Then a Dragon's Breath from the NF.

Then a No Land Beyond from Crota normal.

Still one more normal CE run to do....and no Swordbreaker or Bone Circlet yet.

*EDIT*

Warning: The nightfall has been "fixed" at part 2, the sniping section. You can no longer hide at the first rock and snipe, as this will now prevent wave 2 from spawning. You will be simply stuck at the "use dinklebot to open gate" phase according to your mission tracker, and despite using it again, you CANNOT PROCEED PAST THIS POINT unless you got to orbit.

This happened to me on two separate runs, and apparently /r/destinythegame (destiny sub-reddit) has a thread on this exact "anti-cheese" problem. I never considered this a cheese in the least, given how the whole encounter @ Phase 2 takes place. This seems like a big "fuck you for not playing the game how we want you to" from Bungie IMO, but that might just be me.

Damn did my first weekly and got a legendary engram drop during the 3 waves, and two more for the end reward.

Legendary Primary = Up for anything (crowd control, spray and play)

Legendary Primary = For the People (hip fire, Grenadier )

Legendary Special = LDR 5001 (Unflinching, Armor piercing rounds, Outlaw)

Matt finally got to kill Crotard. It went fairly smooth...except I cant hear him cause of NAT issues haha.
Which is weird since we both stated that we have open NAT settings. But yeab, that was fun and quick! I told ECB I wanted to run it again tonight around 5 Pacific/8 Eastern. You're obviously very welcome to join.

Warning: The nightfall has been "fixed" at part 2, the sniping section. You can no longer hide at the first rock and snipe, as this will now prevent wave 2 from spawning. You will be simply stuck at the "use dinklebot to open gate" phase according to your mission tracker, and despite using it again, you CANNOT PROCEED PAST THIS POINT unless you got to orbit.

This happened to me on two separate runs, and apparently /r/destinythegame (destiny sub-reddit) has a thread on this exact "anti-cheese" problem. I never considered this a cheese in the least, given how the whole encounter @ Phase 2 takes place. This seems like a big "fuck you for not playing the game how we want you to" from Bungie IMO, but that might just be me.
Yup that is bull.

So what... it's ok to snipe from the closer rocks, just not the first one?

Won't be long before they nerf snipers :shame:

EDIT:

Bungie's saying it's an error and they'll look into what's causing the problem.

In the mean time, do what the others on the sub-reddit mention...

1) farm the area for your Pocket Infinity kills (wonder if this'll work for glimmer farming :whistle2:k )

2) kill everything except for 1-2 enemies, go up to the cliff and kill the last ones and wait for the prompt to open the door (then go back up top, rinse, repeat)

My nightfalls got me a Suros Regime, legendary hand cannon that i broke down, and energy.

Oh and last night i ranked up dead orbit with my titan and got The Nowhere shader which looks like chatterwhite on the titan. But looks pretty cool on my warlock. That was at rank 31.

Just watched the HoW teaser trailer... VoG armor up to Light Level 34, very cool.

Looks like they added a special node to the front of the upgrade tree, so it's not a full-blown re-level of ALL the nodes (thankfully). 

You should be safe leveling guns/armor up to HoW's release.

Of course, who knows what it'll take to unlock the extra node. 

My guess is a vendor, like Eric's Mom, selling a special Awoken filaMENTAL-sphere... which can only be purchased after you've completed enough Queen's Wrath bounties to hit rank 4.

Speaking of which, I hope we'll get another shot at getting Queen's armor.  I'm gonna want sets for my Warlock and minty-fresh Hunter.  Full set of armor would be nicer. Don't like going bottomless ;)

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the trailer. Do you mean VoG gear will have 34 light per piece or that you can reach level 34 with fully upgraded VoG armor in every slot?

Update: Looks like I'll be online around 8:15 P.M. Eastern tonight for Crota Normal.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the trailer. Do you mean VoG gear will have 34 light per piece or that you can reach level 34 with fully upgraded VoG armor in every slot?

Update: Looks like I'll be online around 8:15 P.M. Eastern tonight for Crota Normal.
Reach light level 34. From the vid, it shows a toon with full VoG gear. Unlocking the new node (assuming all pieces were unlocked) kicked the light level up to 34.

So you'll have normal VoG gear that would max out at 30, but the new node would push it up to 34. Not shown, but expect that each armor piece will have a new node to unlock

YES, looks like I can convince some of you knuckleheads to help this knucklehead with VOG some more!

Still need the Hunter chest + Praetorial Foil, along with the dreaded "Glass Minuet" aka The Crafty Bastard.

I still need titan boots from VOG. LOL. Never got them, and ive beaten the VOG 13 times on hard and 4 times on normal with my titan. Though maybe most of those came from just beating atheon and not the full raid.

One thing i hate about this game is the lack of armor. Its nice that i might be able to upgrade VOG and Crota armor to the new light level. But there needs to be more variety. Whenever i get a legendary armor engram i know its something im just going to dismantle because of its light 33 level. Really hope they add more armor. Trials of Osiris armor looks sick though. Hope we can upgrade our Iron Banner armor the same way we may be able to upgrade the raid armor.

Cant wait to see what bungie shows us tomorrow!

I still like running VoG.  It's more fun than Crota, so you'll find me an easy mark to hit up.

And the armor upgrade gives me hope that we'll be able to upgrade ANY purple armor pieces, not just raid armors.  But like you said, we'll find out tomorrow.

Of course I dismantled my VOG armor since bungie made it seem like old, non exotic gear would be worthless.

Is max level 34? If so, I'll start collecting some of the pieces again. I need 11 more raid completions for grimoire anyway.

I still like running VoG. It's more fun than Crota, so you'll find me an easy mark to hit up.

And the armor upgrade gives me hope that we'll be able to upgrade ANY purple armor pieces, not just raid armors. But like you said, we'll find out tomorrow.
*edit part deux but coming une"

I have resigned myself to running normal VoG until the chest piece Glass Minuet drops. Or if more than 30% of the fireteam has been drinking.

*edit*

Winter's Run changes are "unintentional" says Bungie's official twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/590576802713706496?s=09

Wonder if you have to buy HoW to upgrade your VoG gear.  I don't even have the TDB expansion.  It'll probably be another like another Eris/Queens rank grind to be able to level your old gear. 

So I've just gotta say, even after re-adjusting to the Crota changes, he has never been buggier.

Last weekend, my group had the swordbearer hightail it to either ogre-tower at least 4 times in a row. This was after going to orbit after attempt #2.

This week we saw Crota will still do his "hop", but this time he's doing it BEFORE he kneels instead of on his way up. Kneel #2 is still ending in half the time it should, with manageable latency consistently inconsistent. And STILL the swordbearer runs and hides at least half the time.

Previous to the "fix", it had just started to be that the largest issue my fireteams had was human error during the Ogre phase (if there even WAS an Ogre phase!).

In theory this fix should make things easier, and aside from the aforementioned human error, I believe it can (and almost was on one attempt). But alas, after about a dozen attempts with 2 separate fireteams.....Bungie merely broke what was already working to begin with.

I'd gladly do Vault of Glass with you guys. Did just Atheon on Hard last night (my first time on VoG Hard) and got Vision of Confluence. Prior to that, beat Crota's End Normal with both my Titan and Hunter. Got boots for each character as well as the Song of Ir Yût both times. Titan got No Land Beyond as well.

I never got boots on any of my characters in VoG either. I remember I ended up grinding all of them to rank 3 in Iron Banner in 2 days because I was leaving to go on a vacation for the rest of the week. I could hit 30 with all of them once I got boots and I didn't want to miss my chance to get there. I played way too much to pull it off.

Outside of Praedyth's Revenge and Found Verdict my luck with drops in VoG was terrible. I hope they add a new difficulty that drops upgraded gear with better rates for those of us that dismantled their armor.

Hit lvl 20 with my Hunter last night... yay me!

So the official tally was 9h31m; the real world tally was more like 11h.

A lot of dead time spent flying around and watching un-skippable cut scenes.

I probably could have been done in 8.5-9h if I hadn't decide to bank the last few bounties for when I hit lvl 20. Got on a decent run in crucible so, went for 20 that way and then cashed in the bounties once I equipped my purple & exotic armors.

Now I need to find a sweet soul to help my virgin hunter get some crota armor ;)

bread's done
Back