Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I can't pull up anything game related at work. I'll tell you this though, I am beyond hate at this point at not getting a gjallahorn. 3 different raids a week on 3 different characters and nightfalls x 3 every week. I assume that TTK will have some nice gear, it just pisses me off too much now never getting is. They keep giving me other rocket launchers too. It's like Bungie whispers sweet words in my ear, only to then shove a fist in my ass.

I can't pull up anything game related at work. I'll tell you this though, I am beyond hate at this point at not getting a gjallahorn. 3 different raids a week on 3 different characters and nightfalls x 3 every week. I assume that TTK will have some nice gear, it just pisses me off too much now never getting is. They keep giving me other rocket launchers too. It's like Bungie whispers sweet words in my ear, only to then shove a fist in my ass.
A guy kills the archon priest, then dismantles a gjallarhorn, then rewards pop up and someone gets a gjallarhorn. Not sure if it was the same guy. But i know it seems like this game likes to give you stuff you have on your character.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what you have or don't have. They don't take that into account. That's why I've gotten 3 Thunderlords in the past week.

Nightfalls:

• Dragon's Breath #3
• Thunderlord #5
• A Used Tampon (Give/Take Equation)

You need to make peace with the fact that you will never get one. Rationally explain to yourself that it's not that much better than what you already have, it's getting nerfed anyway, and none of this will matter come the 15th. Take a deep breath, exhale, and realize that some things are beyond your control.

then you'll get one.

I've played way more than tukai and I dont have one and a guy got one last night was on what I've now been informed could have been his first ever nightfall...that he joined at the end and was dead as soon as he spawned. So it may never happen...

This was funny though: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81yz4L7a1F0

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to make peace with the fact that you will never get one. Rationally explain to yourself that it's not that much better than what you already have, it's getting nerfed anyway, and none of this will matter come the 15th. Take a deep breath, exhale, and realize that some things are beyond your control.

then you'll PROBABLY get one.
I made a little addition to you comment langdon... imagine what would happen if tukai does all that stuff and he still doesn't get one!

So... saw this on Bungie's site

What can I expect when I purchase the physical version of Destiny: The Taken King?
The physical versions of Destiny: The Taken King will contain

• A disc-based copy of Destiny

• Xbox/PSN redeemable codes for the previous Expansions (The Dark Below & House of Wolves)
• Xbox/PSN redeemable code for The Taken King

Basically, vanilla destiny disc with codes for everything else. For some reason, I thought they were going to press new discs. So much for my plans. Guess I'll be using the disc until digital TTK goes on sale.

And still can't find any info on TTK digital upgrade from Ps3 to Ps4

what would be a good level to try to find a group on 1 of the LFG sites for normal VoG? I stopped playing at launch and recently started again and have only got to lvl 27, but I do want to try the raids in the game.
A lot of the people on LFG can be real dipshits about your level &/or gear, even though you're perfectly fine for a lvl 26 VoG run.

I would recommend you hook up with some of us from here to get the VoG run done. I'm willing to help out for either a VoG or Crota run. We'll need more peeps for the VoG run, but we can get thru Crota easy with the two of us. It just comes down to being on at the same time.

Also, try buying armor from either the Vanguard or Crucible mentors. 150 marks will buy you two armor pieces and I think that would be enough for you to reach lvl 30 (or close to it). And that should make it easier for you to find groups.

I switch between the Ps4 and Ps3 versions so let me know which one you're on and we can knock it out.

Ive seen a few times where someone talked about a gun, then that gun popped up as a reward, so you need someone in your fireteam to say gjallarhorn into their mic, then you might get one. But you cant say it. Also do the gorgon chest praise with all gjallarhorns out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MFnD9qvC_Q

then you'll get one.
I keep telling him he's jinxing himself by constantly saying stuff like, "I can feel it. This is the night I get the Gjallarhorn!" The Destiny gods don't like that.

Hey, i honestly feel your pain, and i was doing the same thing you were. Last monday i Finally got my first Gjallahorn...and funny enough, the next day, I got my second. Just keep on going man, you'll eventually get one: )

Did anyone else randomly get some stuff at the postmaster today? I had 4 special delivery packages. 3 of them contained 3 strange coins each. The final package gave me another Give/Take Equation.

those were your coins for having signed up for bungie to email you...
Nope. Got those the first week they were available, and this delivery today also contained a gun. I checked the Destiny forums and everyone seems to be getting 9 strange coins, a legendary weapon, and all the Red Bull XP boost items (of which I have none). Check your postmaster from the app's vendors section and you'll have packages.

I had 2 green sparrows waiting for me at the postmaster. They state that they require a preorder and will not let me use them. Kinda humorous.

Checked the Postmaster, thru the app, and  don't see anything.  I have a bunch of cryptarch/vanguard packages in there but it looks like stuff I already had sitting there.

I looked with my hunter, In my postmaster there was 2 red bull things, and a package that gave me a give/take equation. Then checked with my titan but nothing. No sparrow, or multiple packages.

My 4 packages showed up in all characters' postmaster slots on the app. When I collected them with 1 character, however, that was it. Nothing for the other characters.

Matt your profile pic isn't loading on my end :/ it's like a little square broken page image. Anyone else seeing this?

Also Tukai, you just need to stop looking for it and it will find you. Like most things in destiny as soon as you let go of that last strand of hope, you'll get it. Examples:

"This is the last time I'll try to beat Crota..." ----> Beat him

"This is the last time I'll try to beat Skolas..." ----> Beat him

" fuck Gjally, who needs it anyway when I have Hunger of Crota" ----> Tukai found Gjallarhorn

A lot of the people on LFG can be real dipshits about your level &/or gear, even though you're perfectly fine for a lvl 26 VoG run.

I would recommend you hook up with some of us from here to get the VoG run done. I'm willing to help out for either a VoG or Crota run. We'll need more peeps for the VoG run, but we can get thru Crota easy with the two of us. It just comes down to being on at the same time.

Also, try buying armor from either the Vanguard or Crucible mentors. 150 marks will buy you two armor pieces and I think that would be enough for you to reach lvl 30 (or close to it). And that should make it easier for you to find groups.

I switch between the Ps4 and Ps3 versions so let me know which one you're on and we can knock it out.
thanks I may skip the VoG for now since both of you said CE is easier and that the gear is fine for it (my biggest concern). I am working on getting more Vanguard gear, but I wont be getting crucible gear since I didnt really care for the PvP in the game when I did play it

thanks I may skip the VoG for now since both of you said CE is easier and that the gear is fine for it (my biggest concern). I am working on getting more Vanguard gear, but I wont be getting crucible gear since I didnt really care for the PvP in the game when I did play it
Clone send me an invite (mayancondor) I'll help you through a CE run and if you do a prisión of Elders 28 (It has matchmaking) I'll help you through PoE 32 too!

I checked the postmaster for all three characters through the app and I have nothing. Are they really gonna dick me over because I haven't played in over a month?

• New green Weapons were stronger than Year 1 raid gear
  • End of mission to get new subclass will give you your super at a increased rate to try it out
  • Actual story telling!
  • No sparrow in Dreadnaught feels okay, compact action
  • Part of an Exotic weapon Quest bounty is collecting 50 pieces throughout the Dreadnaught
  • You will fight other races, as well as the taken, on this ship
  • If I understand correctly you can sacrifice weapons to add upgrade experience to a weapon of the same type. Kind of unclear.
  • Wider range of gear, looks to allow you to have more choices with appearance
  • As previously discussed light is just a measure of your power and activities have recommended light levels
  • Ghosts add stats and light now
  • Sample Ghost perks, Showed nearby materials, I.e. Spinmetal, And one increased Glimmer from hive
  • Can now decide which weapon, Primary, Special, Heavy, is shown in public spaces
  • Will be able to trade in old class specific armor mats for the new general one
  • You now can buy a item from XUR that boosts exotic drop rate from the next boss you fight!
  • Strikes now focus more on replay-ability, switching up the enemy compositions and even races strike to strike
  • AFKers now will be teleported up with he rest of the strike team, like POE is currently
  • Now 3 strike playlists
  • Vanguard Legacy is all the strikes from year one
  • Vanguard Ursa is random heroic strikes that will award Legendary marks and engrams
  • Vanguard Marmoset Is only TTK strikes
  • Will be hand crafting Nightfall strike modifiers
  • Lots of crucible stuff, mostly already covered, Crucible bounties are now "better"
  • New bounties Class, Fireteam, TOO, Featured playlists, And weekly bounties for big rewards

Summary from reddit: SOURCE

Alright, my plan is to get this new Hunter I made to level 20 (then 34 since I have all the hunter gear from the one I deleted) doing just bounties, crucible, and patrol on the moon and earth. I'll have all the story missions saved for when the new subclass hits, and using any new missions, plus the old ones, plus some focused lights, I should have it maxed pretty quickly.

• If I understand correctly you can sacrifice weapons to add upgrade experience to a weapon of the same type. Kind of unclear.

Summary from reddit: SOURCE
This right here is what I want cleared up. It's been floating out there for a while now but no one has really hit them for a definitive explanation.

I want to know if this applies to ANY legendary item and HOW MANY sacrifices are required to satisfy RNGeezy

Hey guys. I stopped playing Destiny before the last DLC but am considering getting the Taken King. Is there anything I need from House of Wolves? Obviously I'm only level 32 but I figure I can make that up fairly quick.

Hey guys. I stopped playing Destiny before the last DLC but am considering getting the Taken King. Is there anything I need from House of Wolves? Obviously I'm only level 32 but I figure I can make that up fairly quick.
You need to own HoW if you plan on buying TTK digital (and I'm talking about the $40 version). Otherwise, if you're buying the $60 version (digital or physical), you'll end up getting HoW anyways.

As for HoW gear, can't think of any gear that is a must-have-right-now for TTK's release.

Honestly? Not really. Some of the Trials gear looks pretty cool if you're into aesthetic stuff. Judging from what's being said so far, most of the weapons are going to be pretty useless for new content.

So my UI decided to disappear not once, not twice, but three times while helping a friend do a NF tonight. First two times were in the first cave, where the vex are fighting the fallen. It came back when we entered the snipey-zone, but quickly disappeared.

Going to orbit seemingly fixed it.....until we got to the Archon Priest. That was...fun, especially when my friend died and I had to locate his ghost purely but sight.

No UI = No radar, no name plates, no damage numbers, no ammo counters.

Yikes.

You need to own HoW if you plan on buying TTK digital (and I'm talking about the $40 version). Otherwise, if you're buying the $60 version (digital or physical), you'll end up getting HoW anyways.

As for HoW gear, can't think of any gear that is a must-have-right-now for TTK's release.
Thanks. I own HoW just never played it.

So I have this on disc and bought the current DLC. What would be the cheapest way to switch to all digital by the Taken King's release? Sell the disc and rebuy digital? The $40 Taken King? Something else?

No UI = No radar, no name plates, no damage numbers, no ammo counters.

Yikes.
That actually sounds pretty cool, a hardcore mode of sorts.

So I have this on disc and bought the current DLC. What would be the cheapest way to switch to all digital by the Taken King's release? Sell the disc and rebuy digital? The $40 Taken King? Something else?
Pretty sure you will still need the disc if you buy the 40 dollar TTK DLC.

EDIT: Here is a nice link from reddit that might help you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3gtysl/all_the_buying_options_for_the_taken_king_in_a/

Last night i ran with a 4 man normal crota run and it was fun. We did the first thrall part legit. Cheesed the second bridge, and then beat the deathsinger/crota three times. I did the sword all three times. Hunter was easy, beat crota on the first try. As the Titan i died 5 times at least but ended up getting the job done. Warlock was a bit better. I got a hard light for all my troubles.

If anyone wants a hard mode checkpoint at crota boss fight i have it. I still can do it on my hunter and warlock if we can get 6 people together.

PS, TotallyJem is half way to becoming a member of Dance Guardian Dance. I think that means NJMane is the only CAG guy i see playing with our clanmates often that isnt an official member. No pressure to join, and its not required. Just thought i would mention it. ;)

3 gjally's dropped last night and Ignatia got one of the and 2 crux's as well. I am taking a vow of silence. I will no longer speak in any raid until I get one to drop for me. Dylan (Deon Snares) will be my voice and my will going forward.

Last night i ran with a 4 man normal crota run and it was fun. We did the first thrall part legit. Cheesed the second bridge, and then beat the deathsinger/crota three times. I did the sword all three times. Hunter was easy, beat crota on the first try. As the Titan i died 5 times at least but ended up getting the job done. Warlock was a bit better. I got a hard light for all my troubles.

If anyone wants a hard mode checkpoint at crota boss fight i have it. I still can do it on my hunter and warlock if we can get 6 people together.

PS, TotallyJem is half way to becoming a member of Dance Guardian Dance. I think that means NJMane is the only CAG guy i see playing with our clanmates often that isnt an official member. No pressure to join, and its not required. Just thought i would mention it. ;)
That was fun last night but I was disappointed at not getting a single exotic on the Gorgon chest or the entire Crota deal. I'd gladly run the hard checkpoints with you for a chance at the Crux!

3 gjally's dropped last night and Ignatia got one of the and 2 crux's as well. I am taking a vow of silence. I will no longer speak in any raid until I get one to drop for me. Dylan (Deon Snares) will be my voice and my will going forward.
It sucks man, i know how it is. I know the Monte Carlo is not a Gjallarhorn, but it was the last exotic i needed pre HoW DLC. I would see that gun drop so many times in raids, pvp, strikes, every time going to someone else, and someone who most likely already had 1 or more. It will drop for you eventually. Ive gotten a Gjallarhorn from a legendary engram before, so it can happen at any time, when you least expect it. Hopefully you will get it soon.

So i guess me and Matt are able to do hard mode crota. If anyone else is interested let us know. Could possibly do it tonight if schedules are open and people are online. I really have nothing to do except help people out and do bounties.

Lies :D/

I did a hard VOG run last night after our Crota fun and got not a single drop beyond materials. Not a single gun or armor dropped. Atheon gave me a sparrow. Stingy bastard. I still need 3 armor pieces. Arms on both my hunter and warlock and chest on my warlock...this raid is so tight with the drops.

bread's done
Back