Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Ran through the raid up until Oryx last night.  Joined a random group on reddit.  No one had ever beaten the raid and at least 3 of us had never played it before.  It was painful.  I did get a 303 chest piece, 307 cloak and 309 machine gun so I guess it was worth it.  

I actually bought the 1000 yard stare today so i could get it up to 313 using my hard raid sniper i got. Just cos the raid sniper has a lower impact, and i think the triple tap and mulligan might come in handy against the warpriest, golgoroth, and ogres during oryx.

Here is a video i made, got 2 exotic engrams on 1 Draksis kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp49TjBfPbM

Draksis still works with Three of Coins? For some reason I thought they fixed that one. Maybe it was just a rumor I heard then. 

I finally have all 3 guardians leveled for the normal raid (299, 298, 297), lol. Just as everyone else is running hard mode naturally.

Does anyone need to run through the Vault of Glass for the No Time to Explain exotic quest? I might try to get that one done tomorrow afternoon.

3 completions. 314 Ghost, 310 LMG, 316 LMG, 318 LMG, 313 Hunter gloves, 314 Hunter chest, 315 Hunter boots, 312 Warlock chest, 315 Warlock bond, 315 Warlock bond.

As for snipers, I run Eirene RR4, Still Piercer and the Black Spindle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vision and Fatebringer would amazing regardless of elemental burn.  It just added to the amazingness and made them excellent in nightfalls.

Draksis still works with Three of Coins? For some reason I thought they fixed that one. Maybe it was just a rumor I heard then.

I finally have all 3 guardians leveled for the normal raid (299, 298, 297), lol. Just as everyone else is running hard mode naturally.

Does anyone need to run through the Vault of Glass for the No Time to Explain exotic quest? I might try to get that one done tomorrow afternoon.
I need the next step from the FWC lady before I do the Vault step. I think it will pop next time that Daily Mission shows up.

I think I need to run Oryx Normal mode a few more times before I attempt Hard Mode again. Just to bulk up my Light by a point or two.

I'm actually glad they got rid of elemental legendary primaries. They made everything else useless or less desirable for PvE. I think that's a good change overall.
100% agree. The only reason I even attempted trials was because I wanted those elemental primaries and the grimoire. Now I don't really give a shit as long as there's no more grimoire behind it.

Did anyone see that oryx hard mode strategy of only weakening the ogres, staggering him, then finishing the ogres off and detonating bombs. The whole time you're standing on the daughters platform and don't have to worry about the vessel or Knights stealing the balls since you haven't killed the ogres yet. Definitely the best strategy I've seen so far.

100% agree. The only reason I even attempted trials was because I wanted those elemental primaries and the grimoire. Now I don't really give a shit as long as there's no more grimoire behind it.

Did anyone see that oryx hard mode strategy of only weakening the ogres, staggering him, then finishing the ogres off and detonating bombs. The whole time you're standing on the daughters platform and don't have to worry about the vessel or Knights stealing the balls since you haven't killed the ogres yet. Definitely the best strategy I've seen so far.
That's how my team did it the last two times. You do need the person responsible for ads to keep damaging the vessel once the relic holder drops to mid.

Im just going to drop this here. I was amazed lol. I love getting 8+ kills with a single stormtrance.

http://youtu.be/HiGwakUCMr4

Got a 310 Ghost, 315 Chest and 315 Sniper which i infused since all raid weaps are ugly af. 

We stopped after like 5 wipes on Oryx since were filthy casuals. 

Last night we spent a few hours on oryx. After someone said it was going to be our last run because they had to go, we did really well, better than all our previous runs. I think we were like one more run away from getting his health to zero. As Jimmy was jumping to get the spark, some LFG guy runs off the plate and dies and jimmy falls through his platform and we wipe. We were so close. I think if we had a stronger player instead of that guy we would have done it for sure. Like he was saying he was getting shot, but there are so many ways for a hunter to turn invisible its crazy he was not prepared for that. Im starting to think its not going to happen this week. Which is fine. Hopefully the hard raid will be kind to our group after reset so we can get some guys up to 311 or higher.

I actually bought the 1000 yard stare today so i could get it up to 313 using my hard raid sniper i got. Just cos the raid sniper has a lower impact, and i think the triple tap and mulligan might come in handy against the warpriest, golgoroth, and ogres during oryx.

Here is a video i made, got 2 exotic engrams on 1 Draksis kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp49TjBfPbM
Those were his balls.

Last night we spent a few hours on oryx. After someone said it was going to be our last run because they had to go, we did really well, better than all our previous runs. I think we were like one more run away from getting his health to zero. As Jimmy was jumping to get the spark, some LFG guy runs off the plate and dies and jimmy falls through his platform and we wipe. We were so close. I think if we had a stronger player instead of that guy we would have done it for sure. Like he was saying he was getting shot, but there are so many ways for a hunter to turn invisible its crazy he was not prepared for that. Im starting to think its not going to happen this week. Which is fine. Hopefully the hard raid will be kind to our group after reset so we can get some guys up to 311 or higher.
I was wondering how it was going in there last night when I saw you guys were playing. Hopefully this week we will get some ghosts and nicer guns

I need the next step from the FWC lady before I do the Vault step. I think it will pop next time that Daily Mission shows up.

I think I need to run Oryx Normal mode a few more times before I attempt Hard Mode again. Just to bulk up my Light by a point or two.
I also would like to run the normal raid sometime this week. Pretty sure I can get a second character to 290 with a little luck and some infusion.

What method were you guys using? I saw the method that Stotch was talking about where you don't kill ogres until after you stagger Orxy on Reddit the other day and it seems very doable. There are some other ones that look good, but that one looks the easiest to me. I'm off today, so I'm around if anyone wants to try. I think Jimmy tried to invite me after you lost one last night, but I had just logged off to go pickup my parents at the airport. I also still need to get my Titan through the rest of the raid if anyone wants to do that.

The method I'm talking about is detailed here for anyone who hasn't seen it. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3q64cb/spoiler_easy_oryxhm_strategy_popular_post_was/

Does the suicide tactic on draksis still save your three of coins? Wasn't that patched?
It never saved your 3oC, it just keeps your checkpoint so you can do it again. They patched 3oC being useful immediately, now there is a 6 minute cool down (but you can still pop them right away). So when you kill a boss and it takes the 3oC buff, look at your clock and don't pop another until it has been 6 mintues.

It never saved your 3oC, it just keeps your checkpoint so you can do it again. They patched 3oC being useful immediately, now there is a 6 minute cool down (but you can still pop them right away). So when you kill a boss and it takes the 3oC buff, look at your clock and don't pop another until it has been 6 mintues.
That's knowledge that would've been useful these past two weeks. fuck.

That's knowledge that would've been useful these past two weeks. fuck.
nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

What method were you guys using? I saw the method that Stotch was talking about where you don't kill ogres until after you stagger Orxy on Reddit the other day and it seems very doable. There are some other ones that look good, but that one looks the easiest to me. I'm off today, so I'm around if anyone wants to try. I think Jimmy tried to invite me after you lost one last night, but I had just logged off to go pickup my parents at the airport. I also still need to get my Titan through the rest of the raid if anyone wants to do that.

The method I'm talking about is detailed here for anyone who hasn't seen it. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3q64cb/spoiler_easy_oryxhm_strategy_popular_post_was/
That's how I got my first clear. With an LFG group too. It's very doable.

This isn't actually correct. People still don't know what the diminished drop cool down rate is, but using coins immediately after consuming one (killing an Ultra) is highly recommended if you have the coins. It still has a chance to drop an exotic.

For instance, after the patch I would kill 1 shield brother and he would drop an exotic. I would then pop another 3 of coins and kill the other brother and occasionally get an exotic. Or vice versa, 3oC consumed via first brother and no exotic drop, so I pop another and end up with an exotic.

Same with Regicide, with the taken ogre and colossus ultras. Those can back to back. Any ultra can, it's just a reduced chance. But 3oC come easy generally, so stock up and ALWAYS have one popped.

Same with the Shade of Oryx in the raid and Oryx himself. Both can drop exotics and it has happened multiple times. Generally Oryx is dead within 5-6 minutes of the shade kill, but can still drop the engram with a 3oC. Or if you have to do 2 shades, then Oryx, it's 3 chances.

There was a really good guide on reddit, but it's buried under 10000 idiot 3oC posts.

TLDR; If you have plenty, use 3oC on every ultra/always have one active. If you are low, use them after 6 minutes after killing an ultra and rolling for an exotic. Never use more than 1 at a time.

Bungie should just put in a cooldown timer, but it's not a big deal.

I've had this game maybe a month now and have invested more time than I ever imagined. I don't have a "fire team" and have only been playing by myself or with others doing Strikes through the matchmaking. My character is 289 light and I think I've finally hit a wall with that doing my current routine which is mostly the Vanguard strikes. I'm guessing Nightfall/Raids are what I'll need to do to move past this point since that's the only thing left I haven't done. Also curious why the regular blue engrams I get are same or higher light than the few legendary engrams I get. I'll check out some characters from time to time and everything is usually legendary with much higher light levels than the ones I get, usually in 270s right now which is lower than my level. 

Advice is appreciated, and if anyone wants to team up for daily story/nightfall/story stuff just let me know. 

You need to infuse the legendary stuff you have with blues that have higher light and that will make the legendary gear better. Infusion will be needed constantly. When you infuse you get 70% of the difference in light added. So fusing a 290 blue into a 280 legendary will make the legendary 287.

I've had this game maybe a month now and have invested more time than I ever imagined. I don't have a "fire team" and have only been playing by myself or with others doing Strikes through the matchmaking. My character is 289 light and I think I've finally hit a wall with that doing my current routine which is mostly the Vanguard strikes. I'm guessing Nightfall/Raids are what I'll need to do to move past this point since that's the only thing left I haven't done. Also curious why the regular blue engrams I get are same or higher light than the few legendary engrams I get. I'll check out some characters from time to time and everything is usually legendary with much higher light levels than the ones I get, usually in 270s right now which is lower than my level.

Advice is appreciated, and if anyone wants to team up for daily story/nightfall/story stuff just let me know.
Blue items might be higher light, but typically have fewer perks. You might get two perks on a blue where you could get 5-6 on a legendary. But that's what infusion is for. You can infuse those higher light blues into your legendaries to get more light on them.

Use this infusion calculator if you're curious about what levels you'll get by infusing one item into another:

http://mattaltepeter.com/destiny/

You can get up to 300 light drops from any engram, and 310 chances from exotics once you're over 300. Your only options aren't the raid and the nightfall yet. You should definitely be doing the nightfall though. Try to do it today if you can, it's super easy and should take like 15 minutes at the most.

If you're having trouble finding a group, use r/fireteams on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new

Avoid sites like destinylfg.net unless you have absolutely no other option. 95% of the people you're going to run into there are complete assholes.

Pretty much covered, but think of blues as another material you need to make your purples & exotics better.

Keep an eye out for 280+ blues.  If you have the space save them for infusion.  You never know when you'll get a purple/exotic you like but don't have anyway of increasing it's light level.  And remember, infusion requires you infuse at least blue level gear (can be purple or exotic too) into purple or exotic gear.

Now, to get over 300 light, you'll want to do the Kings Fall raid.  That's your best shot at getting high level gear quickly, though still based on RNG.

So I'm guessing you can infuse an item more than once? How does the process work? In my mind, the legendary engrams should be the higher light level than the blue engrams. At least there's this "solution" although it's another grind among grinds. 

So I'm guessing you can infuse an item more than once? How does the process work? In my mind, the legendary engrams should be the higher light level than the blue engrams. At least there's this "solution" although it's another grind among grinds.
No, it is better this way. In the past, blues were instant garbage once you got anywhere near the endgame. Now they have the potential to be useful even for those who are 310+. I've gotten a few blues to decode at 300 even. They will always be useful as an intermediate infusion step on a legendary with good perks that might have dropped at, say, 280.

Is anyone else getting the error code NP-37680-4 on the PSN I've had it since this morning and I still can not log in... I'm missing all the Halloween stuff :(

Any blue, purple or exotic can be infused into a purple or exotic. Key point is that the item being used as infusion material has to be a higher level than the item it is going into. 2nd point to remember is that you can only infuse like-kind things, so special weapon into special weapon, chest armor into chest armor, etc. 3rd point to be aware of, you can infuse gear from one guardian type into another guardian type. In other words, hunter gear can be infused into titan or warlock gear (or vice versa) as long as you follow the above rules.

There's also a cost to each infusion: marks, glimmer, materials. Weapon parts and marks will be the ones you most likely run out of first.

Beat Oryx on hard, got a 314 auto rifle i think, and a 318 ghost shell, also now i have Destiny back to 100% trophies! Hope tomorrow brings me some new gear that i can use to get above 311. Mainly armor because i think im just going to keep leveling up my sniper and malice and just keep swapping them to the characters im going to play on.

This isn't actually correct. People still don't know what the diminished drop cool down rate is, but using coins immediately after consuming one (killing an Ultra) is highly recommended if you have the coins. It still has a chance to drop an exotic.
Yes no one knows the exact time, but there have been a few people (at least 2 on reddit) that took entire weekends (or more) to map out some data and find the drop off point, that point was at 6 minutes. Sure you might have a ton of strange coins, so 3oC are nothing to you, so pop away. However if you are low on strange coins I would recommend waiting 6 minutes.

And remember, any ultra has a chance at dropping an exotic. It isn't like the 3oC opens up that chance, it just ups it (it might actually unlock the 2nd exotic spot, but that is open for debate). So seeing an exotic from each shield brother doesn't mean much. While the odds are statistically against you, you could get an exotic from both of them, even without a 3oC.

Is today's daily mission important (black spindle or ghosts needed for no time to explain)? I can't check at work and I really need to sleep before the hard mode raids tonight. I think I didn't fall asleep until 1:30am after the Oryx fights last night.

Is today's daily mission important (black spindle or ghosts needed for no time to explain)? I can't check at work and I really need to sleep before the hard mode raids tonight. I think I didn't fall asleep until 1:30am after the Oryx fights last night.
As far as I know, it is not. The mission is called "Kings of Decay". But if you did the ghost collecting mission last week, the next step is available now due to the weekly reset.

Beat Oryx on hard, got a 314 auto rifle i think, and a 318 ghost shell, also now i have Destiny back to 100% trophies! Hope tomorrow brings me some new gear that i can use to get above 311. Mainly armor because i think im just going to keep leveling up my sniper and malice and just keep swapping them to the characters im going to play on.
:drool:

Welcome to the I ain't going to bed until I finished this fuck raid club. Granted 1:30 AM is not that bad, once I think we stayed until 4AM on a word day....not a good idea at all.

WTF tukai stayed up after 11 and he beat hard mode??? I call shenanigans. It was his son....or daughter. 

bread's done
Back