deus ex, any good?

It is very good and it still holds up very well. And don't let anyone tell you the sequel isn't worth playing... just don't expect the same game ;)

fuck downloading it, buy it to support Warren Spector. I bought two copies of both Deus Ex games because I love them so much. I like Deus Ex more than Deus Ex: IW, but they're both great. Deus Ex: IW is better on XBox though, the PC programming is so wonky.

Do you have a link to the high res model textures?

One of my all time favorites, but a slow starter. Each mission gets more and more awesometastic though. Amazing storyline. The sequel was the opposite for me though; blew me away at the start but I liked it less the longer I played it.

Yeah, one of my favorite games of all time. I can't tell you how much I loved beating the whole game with only my pistol (and rocket launcher).

Yeah, the first game was only on Playstation 2 for the consoles. It was impressive they managed to get it on there as well as they did, but it was maybe only half as good as the real game (if that).

Anyway Nethack and Deus Ex are probably the two best games I've ever played.

believe it or not, there's still online servers, where you'll find maybe around 5-6 people still online everyday, although I don't know if the steam/gametap versions can find them

I had forgotten they'd added a multiplayer mode.

I ought to look into those high resolution texture packs (not that it doesn't look fine as is IMO).

I may not be reading your post right, but the first one was only on Windows/Mac and Playstation 2, not Xbox. (But the Playstation 2 port had to be vastly scaled down and altered to fit on the hardware...although it was still impressive what they managed to pull off.)

I just got the big boxed version of this and Daikatana(!) for $1.99 each at my local Microcenter. They had TONS and were clearancing them out. I wish I had seen them a month ago, as boxed copies of Daikatana would've been the perfect gag gift for all my friends.

Woah, that's a riot. I wanted to like it, but I played it on Gametap a few years back, and it was too hard and not much fun, if I'm remembering right.

Deus Ex is my favorite PC game of all-time and that's saying something considering how many great PC games I've played in my life. The storyline and atmosphere in that game are second to none IMO.

I've been playing thru Deus Ex recently with the Shifter mod and I'm enjoying it. My previous play-thru's of this game were done mostly stealthy, but with the Shifter mod you get a bit more ammo and items. Especially items that were great but were never given to you very often, like throwing knives.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite FPS games of all time.

bread's done
Back