Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='Magus8472']Yeah, but after there were 7, so at least two of the archetypes aren't gonna be showing up immediately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...and?

This is Blizzard here, so you can count on an expansion or two.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Barb, Sorc, Assassin, Druid, Nec, Amazon and Paladin.

So they are cutting out 3 characters? Unless Witch Doctor = Nec.[/QUOTE]

It could be that they're using 5 all-new classes (like they did from Diablo 1 -> 2). Not sure though, didn't see the stream.

Awesome news.

But in Firefox I can't see the navigation, but can see the content. In Opera I can't see the content, but can see the navigation.

What the shit...

Diiiabllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooray!

Is it wrong that when I woke up at 5:30 am to go pee this morning I checked the web to see if the announcement was made yet?

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Is it wrong that when I woke up at 5:30 am to go pee this morning I checked the web to see if the announcement was made yet?[/QUOTE]

No. It's wrong that I stayed up all night to watch the live stream to see it the second it hit.

Daggumit, I'm slow. I guess I wasn't the only one who got up and went straight to the computer.

Anyway, guess I was wrong about the Blizzard splash. And it's about time! Any idea how far along they are???

That one gameplay video that blizzard shows is quite long. I stopped after a good 10 minutes. This is probably the only upcoming PC game that I'm truely excited for.

Now to find $500 to upgrade this PC to run it maxed out...

For those that registered their CD keys through the Blizzard download service, you can now download Diablo 2 and the Expansion as well.

It's over Battle.net, so I assume there is no pay to play.

I assume we will see this in 2010 the earliest (2009 earliest for SC2). Can't see Blizzard releasing both SC2 and D3 in the same year, unless this is much farther in development...

Best News Ever... this year.
Blizzard makes a PC worth upgrading as usual. Though I suspect the system requirements won't be as high so they can get everyone to buy a copy ala WoW.

That's what I'm praying for. My computer is now about two years old, if I can get it to run D3 at ~30 FPS with low-medium settings, I'll be happy enough.

At first when I heard it could be D3, I was a little mad because I want W4 sooooo badly, but after watching the gameplay video it does look like one kick ass fuckin game. Just hope some of those Bnet kiddies grew up :). From what it looked like in the gameplay video it didn't look like you would needs like a Crysis level PC to run it but I'm guessing a computer less then a year and half could run it decently and still be easy on the eyes.

[quote name='Halo05']That's what I'm praying for. My computer is now about two years old, if I can get it to run D3 at ~30 FPS with low-medium settings, I'll be happy enough.[/QUOTE]

Thats me too. I bought mine about a year and a half ago....praying im able to play this without updating. Im thinking they will keep the specs somewhat low since 1. Diablo isnt the most technical series. 2. They want to bring in D2 fanbase. 3. WoW has lower settings and I cant see this being much above WoW.

I can run WoW at high settings.....so hoping that means ill be able to run this. Also hoping since the videos look so polished already that the game will hit in October or so.

Im so damn hyped! I mean seriously I never pay more then $20 for a game but ill buy this day one.

Haven't watched the video yet, but I'm damn happy that it's Diablo III. And it sounds like it won't be an MMO, which means I'll actually play it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Haven't watched the video yet, but I'm damn happy that it's Diablo III. And it sounds like it won't be an MMO, which means I'll actually play it.[/QUOTE]

I'm even more damn happy that isn't a MMO. It's classic multiplayer/single player like Diablo 2.
Now I know this is REAL wishful thinking, but I hope dupes don't exist down the road. Maybe people will have to submit some sort of Credit Card or something of some sort to get a perma banning if so. Dupes ruined the Diablo 2 value of anything, even though the fun was still there.

Anybody have a link to a torrent or direct download of the gameplay trailer? Blizzard peer to peer downloader is still made of fail.

I'm really disappointed with the graphics... it's looks like Titan Quest (which is to say, bland and uninspired). It doesn't have the usual life of Blizzard visuals. Maybe they'll make some major changes before release, but all previous Blizzard games had very little change to the visuals between unveiling and release.

I agree that the graphics aren't groundbreaking but that should help a lot of people with old PCs that want to buy this game. If they went the Crysis route it would have lead to bad sales even with the Diablo name as soon as people found out that they had to upgrade their PC just for one game. WoW is successful in the sense that almost any PC can run it just like the Sims is, and hopefully Diablo 3 will be the same.

Remember, this is not a MMORPG so Blizzard has to rely on that one $50 sale to generate money rather then $10-$15 a month.

I'm just disappointed with the artistic aspect of the game. IMO it's Blizzard's worst to date -- which is not to say it's bad, just average.

I think you make a good point there, but at this point my Diablo fanboy has achieved a level over 9000 and I'm pretty much ignoring that. lol.

I mean, the last game I played for over 100 hours after quitting Ultima Online for the second time was Diablo 2, so Diablo 3 is pretty huge for me. I just got a 8600GT but I'm willing to dump my cash for a new power supply and 8800GT (or whatever it is that's top of the line in five years when this game is out) just to run this game. I'd like Blizzard to put this game on the console to just to test the market, but this at the very least gives me a reason to continue to upgrade my PC, just like the Starcraft 2 announcement.

If anything, Blizzard is always there to prove PC gaming is far from dead.

I actually really enjoyed what we've seen of it artistically. Granted it's not on par with Starcraft II or WOW, but I still enjoyed seeing it. It looks like a HD version of the original.

I think it's time for me to get on building that new computer, I'm well overdue...

I said that when Crysis came out, but knowing this is in my future makes me positive.

And we might not even see this until like, 2010, but that's okay for me. My goal is to have my rig set up by 2009. It was one of my 2008 New Year's Resolutions xD

I've never played Diablo II (it's been sitting on my shelf, unopened, for the past three years!) so can you explain why the 1.10 patch ruined the game? Several posters around the interweb have mentioned it ruining the game or somesuch. The graphics remind me of Titan Quest, which makes sense, considering Titan Quest is the best Diablo clone ever.

[quote name='Koggit']I'm just disappointed with the artistic aspect of the game. IMO it's Blizzard's worst to date -- which is not to say it's bad, just average.[/quote]

wow, please show us the rest of the screens and gameplay vids. 'cause us normal people only got a minute of gameplay and about 2 screens.

http://kotaku.com/5020479/diablo-iii-videos-trailer-gameplay-footage 20 minute of gameplay.

About the graphics, they are obviously going with the let's say not top of the line graphics but they seem good enough and they have good reasoning behind it. They realize that a lot of the people who played D2 didn't have the most kick ass PC at the time and not all those dudes are just gonna go out and buy a whole new pc just for this game. I also beleive they are perhaps sticking to their roots they thought if they buffed it up to insane quality it wouldn't really feel like Diablo. A games graphics shouldn't make or break it or fault it, yes if they are terrible and make you're eyes bleed it is hard to play but I think gameplay should be number one prioity with graphics a far off second.

This is another great reason for me to start saving up for that new PC not saying it's going to tap all the potential in it but this does say somehow show that their still is a PC market and hopefully if the sales of D3, S2, and other games can show other companies we will support good well produced products.

[quote name='Koggit']I'm just disappointed with the artistic aspect of the game. IMO it's Blizzard's worst to date -- which is not to say it's bad, just average.[/quote]

Agreed. I shit a brick when I read the announcement post on blizzard.com. I looked at the screenshots and comepletely lost interest. The art style is much too bright and colorful for my ideals of what Diablo should be. It made me a little sick honestly. As we know with Blizzard it is still very early . Hopefully it will go back to the dark and dreary art style of the past games. Going to watch the gameplay trailer now. Hopefully that will get me excited (went from :hot: to :cold: in 30 seconds).

Yes I am excited for D3 also... But 5 chars including the witchdoctor? WTF?

Also I have always been curious so I will ask. How many of you will actually play the full singleplayer game or will you just go straight to multiplayer? I have always just played only multiplayer and was just wondering what everyone else did.

I'm very pleased to see Diablo III was the big reveal and not some stupid patch for WOW or something. I had completely assumed the announcement was going to be Lich King related.

The vids and screen shots look great. As usual with Blizzard it's, great art and low system requirements. But they really seem to straddle that line quite well. Too bad we'll probably have to wait 1-2 years before this actually comes out.

Jesus Christ I am elated!

I've been waiting for D3 for so long and I'm glad I was wrong about the splash - this is great news!

I know you guys aren't impressed with the screens/jobs right now, but I definitely am! I'm so glad Blizzard didn't go WoW on us and stuck to the original Diablo style. I will be getting this, mark my words.

I have a habit when playing games with both single and multiplayer to always try to finish the single player before joining multiplayer. The gameplay trailer got me back to :hot: but only having 5 classes is :cold:. They should atleast have the 7 characters from LoD.

[quote name='Moxio']Jesus Christ I am elated!

I've been waiting for D3 for so long and I'm glad I was wrong about the splash - this is great news!

I know you guys aren't impressed with the screens/jobs right now, but I definitely am! I'm so glad Blizzard didn't go WoW on us and stuck to the original Diablo style. I will be getting this, mark my words.[/QUOTE]

Let's beat up losers on Battle.net when it comes out, Moxio. :cool:

I can't wait.

Liquid and I will rule the forces of hell. :cool:

Also, gameplay looks solid. They definitely have time to polish it up though. Make it darker! :cool:

bread's done
Back