Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got to Act IV Inferno last night. I was able to get to Rakanoth, but defintely hit a brick wall there. All he has to do is teleport to me and instadeath - he doesn't even seem to attack since last time his back was to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he requires a unique build. If you stand close, he'll spawn Soul Rippers. If you stand far away, he'll teleport and insta-kill you through Force Armor and Diamond Skin from full health.

The trick to beating him as a Wizard is to use a specific Familiar rune that I can't remember the name of and just use low health the entire fight while pairing it with Wormhole Teleport and Illusionist.

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, he requires a unique build. If you stand close, he'll spawn Soul Rippers. If you stand far away, he'll teleport and insta-kill you through Force Armor and Diamond Skin from full health.

The trick to beating him as a Wizard is to use a specific Familiar rune that I can't remember the name of and just use low health the entire fight while pairing it with Wormhole Teleport and Illusionist.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I actually just did that after looking it up. Just putting on that familiar was good enough to beat him. :D

And bah Blizzard, I bought a 1 mil set of boj anglers and the IAS doesn't work on them. I see now that only the ASI stat works. I guess i gotta hope another sucker buys them now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get this Gibbering Gemstone is quite arduous. I'm using my Level 60 DH in full MF gear to run it on Nightmare, since that lets me do it pretty fast but also find some decent equipment for my mid-level characters.

Hoping I won't have to run this thing for too much longer before I find it.

Still stuck at Inferno Phase 2 Belial. If only his reinforcements was not limitless... So anyone willing to sell (or loan) me a good 1000+DPS bow/xbow/1hxbow for cheap? Help a fellow CAG :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Ugh I'm getting crushed in Act 3 on Hell. Maybe I'm playing my lvl 55 monk wrong...what skills should I be using?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the skills exactly I was using in hell, but I have completed inferno with the Monk solo and I use:

Fists of Thunder: Thunder clap (Helps so much on enemies that like to run away, you can constantly stun lock mobs, and it's attack is so quick I generate spirit fast; I love this skill)
Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light, great CC and can stop some bosses nastier moves
Serenity: Ascension, but I used Peaceful Response until I started using Life per Hit gear
Breath of Heaven: Blazing Wrath, but Penitent Flame helps if you are constantly getting swarmed
Mantra of Evasion: Hard Target
The 6th skill I primarily use Sweeping Wind: Blade Storm now for the extra dps, but for Hell I alternated a lot between Tempest Rush (helps when you get surrounded to retreat a bit and keep as much of the enemies in front to stun lock with Fists of Thunder)
Lashing Tail Kick: the knockback rune
Mystic Ally (just gets owned in inferno, but I thought I used him a lot in hell cause he was great at distracting attention and is fairly cheap with no cooldown)

Passives: Seize the Initiative, Resolve, and One with Everything

Gear is obviously important too, and I have been focusing on Life per hit lately. It has made inferno so much easier and I didn't start stacking this until Act III Inferno. It's expensive though unless you get lucky.

My follower is the Enchantress with the increased armor and attack speed

Looking for people to play hardcore with, it is a very lonely category now that I'm in nightmare..always only see 1-2 people playing at a time. I have a level 40 monk, working my way through act 2.

Hit the "brick wall" earlier today in Act 3. The whole act can just kiss my monk's fist. I was able to run by a few areas in Act 2 and do decently with a group, but even regular mobs in Act 3 destroy me with or without a group. Like other people are doing I'm just going to start working on other characters in hopes they nerf Inferno. I just don't feel like grinding all day and would like to be able to solo Inferno with decent gear that doesn't require me to spend millions on the auction house or do one million butcher runs. No offense.

Nothing now....either maintenance or something f'd up. Damn it....and I just created my hardcore character and was going to sleep while walking through act 1. Guess it's bed time then.

Any tips for a WD in hell? My pets seem to die not long after they come out and this is all in group play. I have tried other builds that I have seen on the forums on the official site and still don't seem to last long.

[quote name='TLPRIME']No one is complaining about Act I.

Let us know how act II goes with your blue gear. I'm genuinely interested.

Resplendent chest farming is just a work around for the difficulty. Chests don't hit back. My point being, if you have to resort to chest farming because of shitty RNG and not having millions of gold to blow to get gear so you don't get flat out 1-2 shot. that's a problem imo.[/QUOTE]

Act II - w/my blue gear (and patches of lvl 59 and below yellow) is slow going. very much like the first few steps into inferno w/out high lvl 50 gear. At least playing a WD, the CC and range of the spells helps w/kiting and avoiding mortar mobs and bugs. While I'm not getting 1 shotted every turn, it's certainly no party...but it's not impossible.

I will likely go back to Act 1 and grind out some more rares as well as potions, I believe my stack is in the single digits again.

Wow! I actually sold a few low level items on the Auction House! I was putting stuff up there just to clear up storage space. Over 11,000 for a low-level yellow belt....Might try dropping items in the Real $ house once it opens.

[quote name='gotdott']Looking for people to play hardcore with, it is a very lonely category now that I'm in nightmare..always only see 1-2 people playing at a time. I have a level 40 monk, working my way through act 2.[/QUOTE]
After last night when 15% of the HC population died? No thanks. Not worth it with the always on DRM.[quote name='langdon_alger']Wow! I actually sold a few low level items on the Auction House! I was putting stuff up there just to clear up storage space. Over 11,000 for a low-level yellow belt....Might try dropping items in the Real $ house once it opens.[/QUOTE]
Err, 11k is like ten seconds in inferno if you know what you're doing. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']Err, 11k is like ten seconds in inferno if you know what you're doing. ;)[/QUOTE]

You make 39 million an hour? God damn Jodou, tell us your secrets. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']After last night when 15% of the HC population died? No thanks. Not worth it with the always on DRM.
Err, 11k is like ten seconds in inferno if you know what you're doing. ;)[/QUOTE]

I barely avoided that, had just gone to town when everything went haywire

[quote name='Jodou']
Err, 11k is like ten seconds in inferno if you know what you're doing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Mores shocked that people bought level 9-15 items, the gold is just a bonus.

(Some of us are still on our 1st play though)

[quote name='langdon_alger']Mores shocked that people bought level 9-15 items, the gold is just a bonus.

(Some of us are still on our 1st play though)[/QUOTE]

People like to twink out their alts.

I love that Blizzard just said on Twitter that they take cheating/hacking very seriously and will begin banning people soon. Uhhh...people have been cheating/hacking since day one. All the botters have already ruined the games economy, you're a little bit late to the party Blizz.

Tried Act 2 inferno again after a bunch of farming to buy some better equipment. Still getting fucking destroyed by normal mobs. The difficulty swing is just too fucking much. I don't even want to play anymore.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Tried Act 2 inferno again after a bunch of farming to buy some better equipment. Still getting fucking destroyed by normal mobs. The difficulty swing is just too fucking much. I don't even want to play anymore.[/QUOTE]

Take a week or two off. They're smoothing the Inferno difficulty in the next patch.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Tried Act 2 inferno again after a bunch of farming to buy some better equipment. Still getting fucking destroyed by normal mobs. The difficulty swing is just too fucking much. I don't even want to play anymore.[/QUOTE]
I'm sad they're nerfing it because if nothing is hard, all the droolers will be killing inferno diablo soon. It is a gear check but sometimes it's a skill check as well. People who don't want to learn the workings of their class or try different builds don't deserve to be at the top. I keep grinding and playing because it is hard. If I had beat it week one I'd probably have quit long ago.

Keep at it and read the forums. Once things start to click and you get some gear, the game gets interesting.

Is anyone bored of D3 yet? I played D2 to no other, for several years at first without getting bored, and then I made several comebacks to playing it.

I got my money's worth with this game for sure, but I just find it boring now. I got to Act 2 Inferno with my Witch Doctor and Act 1 Hell with my Monk, and I just can't find anything to do anymore. I am absolutely sick of playing through the game over and over and over now, Act 2 Inferno isn't a type of challenging where you can do it with enough practice, its more of play it several times and try to trick/manipulate the AI so that you can move on, which is more obnoxious than difficult. That and the auction house sucked hours and hours of gameplay out, because getting good gear so so streamlined, and gold is so easy to come across, that its absolutely no effort or challenge to upgrade gear anymore.

I loved it, I got my money's worth, but I haven't played it for nearly two weeks now. Does anyone else feel the same?

[quote name='Jodou']I'm sad they're nerfing it because if nothing is hard, all the droolers will be killing inferno diablo soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad I can say "I downed Inferno Diablo before any nerfs took place."

[quote name='Jodou']I'm sad they're nerfing it because if nothing is hard, all the droolers will be killing inferno diablo soon. It is a gear check but sometimes it's a skill check as well. People who don't want to learn the workings of their class or try different builds don't deserve to be at the top. I keep grinding and playing because it is hard. If I had beat it week one I'd probably have quit long ago.

Keep at it and read the forums. Once things start to click and you get some gear, the game gets interesting.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. There is very little skill in this game. Its all about gear and getting lucky. This is what makes it so frustrating. In any skill based game the more you play the better you become but in this game it doesn't matter how much you play. If you don't find nice items then you can do hours of farming and gain nothing but a few thousand gold which doesn't really help since you need millions to buy anything good. If you don't have good gear then it wont matter what build or strategy you use unless you just rush the bosses since the bosses are a joke compared to the champions/elites.

What really frustrates me are the random modifiers the champions/elites get. Being rooted while stuck in a fire or poison pit, being endlessly feared into a corner, being walled into a group of arcane sentries, and being frozen is so annoying as a barbarian. I just started a wizard and love being able to attack from afar and not have to worry about all that as much as I do with my Barbarian.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm sad they're nerfing it because if nothing is hard, all the droolers will be killing inferno diablo soon. It is a gear check but sometimes it's a skill check as well. People who don't want to learn the workings of their class or try different builds don't deserve to be at the top. I keep grinding and playing because it is hard. If I had beat it week one I'd probably have quit long ago.

Keep at it and read the forums. Once things start to click and you get some gear, the game gets interesting.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. Act 1 is a challenge and it's fun but that's because it's not impossible. The fact that all the time I've spent farming in Act 1 hasn't provided me with anything that is usable in Act 2 is a pretty serious flaw though. I understand the game is built around the AH but I feel like I've spent more time there than in the fucking game...

[quote name='Sinfulfate']What really frustrates me are the random modifiers the champions/elites get. Being rooted while stuck in a fire or poison pit, being endlessly feared into a corner, being walled into a group of arcane sentries, and being frozen is so annoying as a barbarian. I just started a wizard and love being able to attack from afar and not have to worry about all that as much as I do with my Barbarian.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you'll run into issues as a ranged class too once you get to Inferno. That's not to say it's impossible, because it's not. Just stating that there will be plenty of annoying shit that you can't always do much about.

I can't even stand to play anymore. Even if I want to, I get on to play by myself and I get lagged out. I play with a friend, and I get lagged out every so often. There are times when I can't even party, as it gives me errors. Lagged out, playing by myself, in the middle of the afternoon, on a weekday? Not really a much better time to play than right then.

I'm ashamed of supporting Blizzard (with my money -- I didn't like them before D3 came out) when they still can't get the servers straight. And then there's last night, where something happened to the servers, causing a massive lag spike and killing so many hardcore characters.

[quote name='Draekon']Don't worry, you'll run into issues as a ranged class too once you get to Inferno. That's not to say it's impossible, because it's not. Just stating that there will be plenty of annoying shit that you can't always do much about.[/QUOTE]
Ya I know. I have already died more times in Nightmare mode alone on my wiz then all my deaths combined in Normal, Nightmare, and hell on my barbarian. I feel like the issues for range classes aren't really frustrating since for wizards they are given a great set of abilities to keep enemies at a distance and shield themselves when enemies are in close. When I die on my wiz It's usually my fault and when enemies are being cheap I can be cheap right back with skills like Archon which is crazy powerful.

I'm just so amazed at the amount of options I have as a wizard. We have so many damage dealing skills for multi target and single target and a whole host of different skills for defense its awesome. On my barbarian Its not like that at all. Like many people are saying about barbarians in inferno we are forced to play a certain way or we will not progress and it sucks.

I can not find a WD set up that I like to play and I'm only in act 2 of hell. Nothing seems to work. I'm considering no longer playing till the update but want to make it to inferno and beat it before that update comes out. Any ideas for WD set ups?

Currently, I'm on Act 2 of hell and this is what I'm using:

Firebomb with Roll the Bones
Grasp of the Dead with Unbreakable Grasp
Spirit Walk with Healing Journey
Mass Confusion with Mass Hallucination
Spirit Barrage with Phantasm

Spirit Vessel, Jungle Fortitude and Spiritual Attunement

I switch back to Toads and Toad Affinity as well as Poison Dart with Splinters sometimes.

One of my old reliable builds consisted of:

Soul Harvest, Poison Dart, Firebats, Wall of Zombies, and Garg with Vision Quest, Jungle Fortitiude and Spirital Attunement.

I'm going to start experimenting with non pets again. I've had some success without them.

Garg with Restless Giant

I am seriously trying to enjoy this game because I dont want to feel like I wasted $60, but I'm finding it difficult. It's just not nearly as rewarding as D1 or D2. The excitement from levelling is no longer there because there is no character customization. The excitement from loot hunting is essentially nonexistent because 99.999% of drops are garbage. Progression is 100% dependent on gear which seems quite convenient considering that they will likely make more money on their cut from the AH than from actual sales. Brilliant business move by Blizzard and a big F U to the fans of the franchise.

Well seeing as how there's 5 characters I just went with a Witch Doctor while the Monk is stuck in Act 3 Inferno. Work on multiple characters or go for some of the achievements. That's what I'm doing anyways.

I think Pink'd is buggest cuz I killed The Skeleton King wearing full pink as well as Azmodan and got no credit.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Currently, I'm on Act 2 of hell and this is what I'm using:

Firebomb with Roll the Bones
Grasp of the Dead with Unbreakable Grasp
Spirit Walk with Healing Journey
Mass Confusion with Mass Hallucination
Spirit Barrage with Phantasm

Spirit Vessel, Jungle Fortitude and Spiritual Attunement

I switch back to Toads and Toad Affinity as well as Poison Dart with Splinters sometimes.

One of my old reliable builds consisted of:

Soul Harvest, Poison Dart, Firebats, Wall of Zombies, and Garg with Vision Quest, Jungle Fortitiude and Spirital Attunement.

I'm going to start experimenting with non pets again. I've had some success without them.

Garg with Restless Giant[/QUOTE]

Nope. The correct build for Witch Doctor is Hex - Angry Chicken, then kite for 15 seconds, and repeat.

Beat Inferno Belial with my DH finally! I have to blew 1mil gold for a 1100 DPS Bow but it really did make a difference in crushing him quickly. Now Act 3 is a fucking bad joke and stuck on the very first mission. I'm beginning to think pure glass cannon is the only way for a DH to progress.

So the RMAH goes live today? If nothing else, it should be interesting to see what it does to the economy of the gold auction house. I'm assuming prices will inflate even further.

Yeah, if I can't find the upgrades I'm looking for anymore on the AH then I will quit. I've already been searching for a week for a new chest and helm, but the sad fact is there just aren't any on the AH with the specs I need, even at a crazy price. I refuse to support micro-transactions so they'll never see a dime from me. I'm really hoping they put it off again, at least until I'm done with the game.

Also, been farming for a week solid and have yet to find a single piece of gear for myself, so it's safe to say their itemization system is garbage. I also get 20 billion xbow rares and never a single god damn sword, mighty weapon, or 1H otherwise so that's another issue when trying to gear lol. The loot system needs to be re-evaluated.

At least they banned thousands of botters before the RMAH went up. Although, you'd think with a game like this they'd just ban as soon as they find out, instead of in waves. Why wait and let the botters screw with the economy even for a few days before removing them?

Servers almost back up! WE SHALL SEE.

Also, I want a goddamn rollback. I've wanted one ever since the third day of launch. But it'll never happen, /sigh

I think they changed the maintenance window, so it will be another three hours. I'm having the patcher loop bug again, but once the servers are actually up it should be fixed. They really need to fix their shitty launcher because I'm tired of having to force close the agent every time the launcher fails.

Sadly, if there's maintenance and a patch* then the entire day** is shot.

*this scenario can often entail only one or the other but typically still results in 'extended maintenance'
**day often means a 24-72 hour period

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Also, I want a goddamn rollback. I've wanted one ever since the third day of launch. But it'll never happen, /sigh[/QUOTE]

I just want to see a ladder option that lasts for so many months before it gets wiped and everybody has to start fresh again. That way the economy resets every time and you get a chance to start fresh.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
Also, I want a goddamn rollback. I've wanted one ever since the third day of launch. But it'll never happen, /sigh[/QUOTE]

I'd be in favor of a rollback if it actually was accompanied by Blizzard fixing all of the issues which caused the economy to end up in this state to begin with. Since that's pretty unlikely, I doubt a rollback would do anything but frustrate. And no, like you said, it'll never happen.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']RMAH is out! Price as outrageous as expected. Gonna see if I can make some money, lololol.[/QUOTE]

The prices were fucking stupid. Legendaries for $100, then the same item by someone else for $5. The AH went down though as I was browsing, but I did get to see there is no way to sell gold, only buy it. I don't know if I missed something, but is the gold actually being sold by Blizzard?

[quote name='SEH']I love that Blizzard just said on Twitter that they take cheating/hacking very seriously and will begin banning people soon. Uhhh...people have been cheating/hacking since day one. All the botters have already ruined the games economy, you're a little bit late to the party Blizz.[/QUOTE]
I just love how Blizzard gives them all a heads up so they have time to move all the gold/items off of their hacked/botted account.

bread's done
Back