Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Also, finally hit 60 last night with my wizard; my first and only "main" on US servers. Playtime was clocked at around 15 hours 15 mins, but I suspect wife/baby interruptions mean it's a little lower than that in reality.

I hit 60 shortly after killing Diablo. I'd been levelling on "Expert" most of the way, with a combination of +50%/+100% xp buffs.

Job done.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the DL for the expansion going to happen at 9 PM PST or will there be any type of preloading available (just bought the digital version last night)?

I am just curious because I would like to start my download of the expansion before bed. Also I am kinda annoyed that when I bought RoS I used paypal from the Blizzard client but somehow without even logging into paypal, the Blizzard client knew my username, password, everything else and just purchased it in three clicks. Kinda a security risk imo but whatever.

So is the DL for the expansion going to happen at 9 PM PST or will there be any type of preloading available (just bought the digital version last night)?

I am just curious because I would like to start my download of the expansion before bed. Also I am kinda annoyed that when I bought RoS I used paypal from the Blizzard client but somehow without even logging into paypal, the Blizzard client knew my username, password, everything else and just purchased it in three clicks. Kinda a security risk imo but whatever.
pretty sure its an unlock code and a few switches turned on by Blizzard. Crusader gear is in the game and I suspect the rest is too.

Yea I believe they said if you plan on playing right at launch, its best to login in advance. Once the clock strikes 12:00 AM EST everything unlocks without needing to do anything.

Hello!
Search for "Brawny Coconuts" (our tag is <BGCQ>) and you'll find us. I'm told you'll need to search in the "British English" language section to find us; I set up the clan so you'll have to bend to my rule.
:whee:
P.s. Pre-ordered RoS over the weekend. I'd feel bad about it but I've played hardly anything else for the last two weeks so I've not been spending spare cash, so it kinda evens out.
P.p.s. Dem pre-order wings sure are purdy.
OK I finally found it and sent a request. I found it under "English" and not "British English" so that's what was throwing me off.

If your D3 install is patched up, you're good to go, they're doing a live launch on servers.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407839/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-launch-day-preparation-3-21-2014#launchnight

Is that going to work for retail copies too?
If you've played D3 in the last couple days then you don't need to worry about any patches or installs. If you bought digital you can enjoy RoS as soon as its live. If you bought a physical copy you'll need to wait until you can get the CD key to register to your account. The CD Itself in the physical copy is just there so you have an easier time with a fresh install.

Well RoS went live in Asia so I tried to play, too laggy obviously haha.

Hey guys,

I set up a CAG clan after I was getting sick of random clan invites from silly people. Clan tag is CAG, and it's called 'CheapAss Gamers' if you want to filter it. Me and Pookymeister are the only ones in, at time of posting.

Any and all requests to join will be accepted, no questions asked. Just keep it mature. :)

I didn't read back very far, but when I made the clan there was no other CAG clan, so...

Since I won't pay 40 for an expansion, I'm going to be watching for deals like a hawk.  I'm sure there's going to be a discount soon, but I'm eager to start a Crusader. 

Hey guys,

I set up a CAG clan after I was getting sick of random clan invites from silly people. Clan tag is CAG, and it's called 'CheapAss Gamers' if you want to filter it. Me and Pookymeister are the only ones in, at time of posting.

Any and all requests to join will be accepted, no questions asked. Just keep it mature. :)

I didn't read back very far, but when I made the clan there was no other CAG clan, so...
If you get bored, there's around 15-20 of us in <Brawny Coconuts>, an evil, secret, and entirely questionable offshoot of CAG. The tag is BGCQ, and you're welcome to jump in.

Since I won't pay 40 for an expansion, I'm going to be watching for deals like a hawk. I'm sure there's going to be a discount soon, but I'm eager to start a Crusader.
If it was any other publisher I'd tend to agree but Blizzard is pretty chintzy with their deals.

Hey guys,

I just joined the other clan earlier but wth I might as well join this one too, my name is AceFan84.

If you get bored, there's around 15-20 of us in <Brawny Coconuts>, an evil, secret, and entirely questionable offshoot of CAG. The tag is BGCQ, and you're welcome to jump in.

I guess we'll see how things go over the next day or two and see if that's just the way to go. =)

I think you can only join one clan? I tried to invite some people to ours (Brawny Coconuts) and got a message like 'So&So is already in a clan'.

I guess it's like an MMO where you can only join one. *shrug*

I think you can only join one clan? I tried to invite some people to ours (Brawny Coconuts) and got a message like 'So&So is already in a clan'.

I guess it's like an MMO where you can only join one. *shrug*
That sucks.. I figured you could join multiple. I tried looking that clan up and couldn't find it at all either. =/

Looking forward to playing a Crusader in 30 minutes... Here's hoping they actually have everything under control since there's no patching or server downtime, and queues...

Agreed. There's a reason why the loot patch went live so long before the expansion... The game is in a really good place and they've proven it.
Considering they slashed the price for the base game, I wouldn't put it past them to drop the price after a little while.

Edit:
Crap. Wrong post. Sorry.

Bah, gotta wait til 10am to pick up my CE from Best Buy.   I would just try to knock myself out for 9 hours but for w/e reason I cant seem to get to sleep til like 3am these days.

Considering they slashed the price for the base game, I wouldn't put it past them to drop the price after a little while.

Edit:
Crap. Wrong post. Sorry.
Yeah, they "slashed" the price of the base game two years after it launched. The expansion will be $40 for at least the next year, likely longer.

Anyway, got my Crusader up to 24. Enjoying the class so far, really liking the ranged abilities on it.

Disappointed that I couldn't hit 70 in 1 act 5 run. Did a chunk of it on Torment 1 too. I had to do quite a few Royal Audience runs for quick exp to 70 =/

How bad are the servers?

Are they playable or D3 launch day bad?

I might have Witch and the Hundred Knights coming today. Curious if I should play that or if the servers are stable enough to start Act V.

Why is best buy still dont have the CE up for in store pickup? I hope they put it up. I dont think these will sell out that quick.

Been playing for about an hour and I enjoy it.  As soon as I hit 61 I started getting drops that were so much better than my 60 eq.  Really looking forward to the future equipment.

I started adding people from the OP to my friends list, but since I don't know how long its been since that's been updated.  My Blizzard id is Bezerker#1591 .

The servers last night at the Americans launch were solid and stayed solid for hours.  I got two disconnects the night before, but launch night was solid.

Anyone know if the CEs are in any of the stores? I ordered it on Amazon the other day (yes yes $80 for an expansion; CAG card revoked) and it was supposed to ship today but Amazon hasn't shipped it yet. I checked and there's a bunch of people complaining that Amazon screwed up the release.

I suppose I can run by Best Buy tonight. I noticed Best Buy is showing the CE out of stock online now and Target is showing it unavailable. Walmart seems to be showing it in stock locally but eww, srlsy?

I buy my games on Steam. I'm not used to all this boxed retail delayed release dragging your ass out to the store nonsense. I guess I could have pulled a DrabeLincoln and got the Digital Deluxe but I felt like if I was going to pay $60 I might as well throw in another 20 and go whole hog with the physical junk.

Been playing for about an hour and I enjoy it. As soon as I hit 61 I started getting drops that were so much better than my 60 eq. Really looking forward to the future equipment.

I started adding people from the OP to my friends list, but since I don't know how long its been since that's been updated. My Blizzard id is Bezerker#1591 .
I logged in and was like "Who the hell is Bezerker?" Eventually thought to check here.

Anyone know if the CEs are in any of the stores? I ordered it on Amazon the other day (yes yes $80 for an expansion; CAG card revoked) and it was supposed to ship today but Amazon hasn't shipped it yet. I checked and there's a bunch of people complaining that Amazon screwed up the release.

I suppose I can run by Best Buy tonight. I noticed Best Buy is showing the CE out of stock online now and Target is showing it unavailable. Walmart seems to be showing it in stock locally but eww, srlsy?

I buy my games on Steam. I'm not used to all this boxed retail delayed release dragging your ass out to the store nonsense. I guess I could have pulled a DrabeLincoln and got the Digital Deluxe but I felt like if I was going to pay $60 I might as well throw in another 20 and go whole hog with the physical junk.
I also had the CE ordered thru Amazon. When I got the email from them saying they couldn't "locate" the game and it had no estimated arrival date I said fuck that and just bought it digitally thru Blizzard. Amazon rarely screws the pooch to this level, I have no idea how it got bungled so badly. I kind of wanted the CE but not enough to go to a store and pick it up (I mean who does that anymore honestly haha).

As it happens, I happen to live half a block away from a Fred Meyer. Just for the hell of it on the way home I stopped there and they actually had one copy of the CE in stock so I bought it and cancelled my Amazon order. I buy groceries there all the time, never really thought to buy PC games from them but this time it worked out.

I don't know what the hell was up with Amazon but yeah they really messed the launch on this one up.

As it happens, I happen to live half a block away from a Fred Meyer. Just for the hell of it on the way home I stopped there and they actually had one copy of the CE in stock so I bought it and cancelled my Amazon order. I buy groceries there all the time, never really thought to buy PC games from them but this time it worked out.
Very much off topic but I miss Fred Meyer from my Washington State days.

I loathe these rock covered Primordial enemies. I keep having to fight elite ones and they take forever to knock out of their shell, and then you only get like 20-30% damage on them when they're unprotected.  They dont do much damage, but they're super annoying.

bread's done
Back