Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='tcrash247']Remaking characters 3 times was what kept me playing Diablo 2 for 3+ years. I had 3 accounts with all the character slots full and each character being 80+ except for my couple mules. Rolling a new character and digging for loot is Diablo to me. They completely took one of those options out, and for what? So people don't have to use their brains? [/QUOTE]

But it had nothing to do with using his brain, He made a mistake where the only remedy was starting a lvl 95 character completely over. That's not hardcore imo. Just tedium.

Alright, this thread has gotten super lame.

Here is a picture of the D3 Character Profile:
TWZZS17LGT7J1336780406881.jpg

Character Progression:
5BJC8X9SVFMK1336789564161.jpg

[quote name='strikeratt']Sorry no magic here. You have these comments, the game is server side not client to stop hacks and dupes, lans don't need to be removed. So a lan as in a closed network, would need all the information client side to produce a lan game. Again the game would need internet access anyways. They in fact are mutually exclusive. Never once did I say lan / offline items would magically appear online. And they are obviously doing it for good reasons.

As for blizzards AH cut, how about money to support servers for the game.[/QUOTE]
What? You don't need internet access to run a LAN game. Thats why its a LAN game. Its local network, not an outside one. You know like, your home network?

fuck man, I'm so torn between wizard and barb. I think I need to give in and roll a barb this time since I never did the whole CCB thing back in the day. They look like too much fun.

[quote name='crystalklear64']What? You don't need internet access to run a LAN game. Thats why its a LAN game. Its local network, not an outside one. You know like, your home network?[/QUOTE]

I understand that, originally, at least so it sounded, that they could implement lans, as in not remove the option, and have the system to prevent dupes and hacks, which is a server side system. which would be impossible.

I am pumped about the tracking pages

Figured Friday was a good day to reformat for me even though it's not a big deal. Allowed me to do some spring cleaning on my files organization and update a bunch of shit. Also fixed my 80% fragmentation on my SSD, not that it really matters a whole lot as the speed difference is pretty negligible despite that. However taking the time to organize everything was well worth it as lately I've been throwing files all over the place.

Mothers day, then two work days before I get a few days off since I had about 4 weeks of vacation available to me. Needed a stress reliever from work anyways, so it should do me some good. Hopefully these next couple of days I can avoid spoilers and keep my mind off of Diablo. All I need to do now is plan meals for the remainder of the week so I don't putz around doing stupid shit. Should probably stock up on some snacks as well since going to the store on a gaming binge is too troublesome.

I am ready

And for me, I'll be starting with a Wizard. Take her straight to Inferno difficulty and hopefully if all goes well, get utterly destroyed. I'll have one dedicated leveling partner with me and a few others who probably won't be able to keep up initially, but should be okay for a day or two.

Also, on an unrelated note just so people know if they haven't figured it out yet since they changed skills to "categorical" and everything. There are arrows on the skill calculator and when choosing skills that allows you to choose any skill that you have unlocked and aren't stuck using their default choices. Had a friend who apparently didn't know, so I figure I'd spread the information if you didn't know this already as a lot of calc builds I've seen are from their default windows.

Lol, that's the kind of stuff I'd do for an MMO release. For D3, I'm not even taking off time or doing the midnight release thing.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, that's the kind of stuff I'd do for an MMO release. For D3, I'm not even taking off time or doing the midnight release thing.[/QUOTE]

I rarely take time off of work (Else I wouldn't have 4 weeks available to me), however lately it's been stressing me out so since I needed to get away for a bit (Soo many big projects back to back and at the same time for the last two months straight, one of which includes a city project), Diablo 3 release fell at a good time. I'm not really in a hardcore guild/clan like you are, so I don't have to keep up with people.

I don't think I've purposely ever taken time off for a game before. SWTOR happened to release the week of my vacation I planned out 6 months prior and I took a couple extra days for early access for the hell of it. That's about the only other time I've done something remotely similar. Though I want to say I had another release that happened to fall on the same week as a vacation in the past, but I can't remember for the life of me what the game was.

I took off Tuesday so I could have a big block of uninterrupted time with the game. I'll pick my CE up at midnight but then just go to bed and wake up early Tuesday to start playing. I'd probably stay up Monday night and play through the night but since I'm on the east coast, waiting 3 hours twiddling my thumbs with my game all ready to go wasn't fun for Cataclysm so I'll pass on that for Diablo.

I'm planning on rolling a Witch Doctor as my main since the Necromancer was my favorite Diablo 2 class. A Demon Hunter will probably be the second class I roll. Out of all the classes, the Monk will be the last I do, I didn't find him all that interesting in the beta. He's like a hybrid Assassin/Paladin from Diablo 2, but not a very fun one. Maybe he's better at higher levels, I dunno.

Only time I took off of work for a game was when Rage came out last year. Boy, what a mistake that was. I took three days off. After an hour of playing the game, I spent the next 71 hours doing pretty much nothing.

Now that I do freelance shit, I get to play D3 whenever the hell I want. Definitely looking forward to blasting straight through to Inferno. Still not sure if I'm going to start with a WD or a DH.

Also, this:
https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/201405207039578113
"@Cwatz using programs that alter graphics is against TOS and can get you banned."

Ugh. Guess we cant use DarkD3.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, Rage? What in the world made you think that game would be worth taking 3 days off?[/QUOTE]

I thought this to myself as well after my first hour or so with the game. I was super excited for it, as was a friend of mine. We couldn't wait to get into the co-op. Unfortunately the co-op stunk (random one-off missions...cool?). Hell, the whole game stunk. Such a letdown.

It's worrying me that Amazon still didn't ship my game out:

amazond39nxk5.png

Are they going to use overnight shipping so it will get to me by Tuesday? Kind of costly for a game, especially a game that's their most pre-ordered ever...

If it says Delivery Estimate May 15th, they'll overnight it, don't worry. A couple times I've preordered games from Amazon with their FSSS and still got it release day.

And I actually liked Rage for what it was. I thought it was very fun and the gameplay was well done. It definitely could have been a lot better, but I enjoyed my time with it.

[quote name='SEH']Any time I've ever gotten release day delivery, its been overnighted. They'll send it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tcrash247']If it says Delivery Estimate May 15th, they'll overnight it, don't worry. A couple times I've preordered games from Amazon with their FSSS and still got it release day.
[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks.

It's weird how I've bought so many games from Amazon, but never had them shipped for release day. Guess when I buy games day 1, it's always at a B&M store.

They must be spending tons of $$ shipping all those D3s overnight, lol.

I had that urge a few months ago. After playing it to act 3 I think it was I stopped. It just wasn't doing anything for me anymore. Well I should say the Druid Bear form wasn't.

[quote name='Click']It's worrying me that Amazon still didn't ship my game out:

Are they going to use overnight shipping so it will get to me by Tuesday? Kind of costly for a game, especially a game that's their most pre-ordered ever...[/QUOTE]
My games with RDD come via UPS overnight or have so in the past. So you shouldn't be worried unless it's tomorrow night and they have not shipped it yet. I am still in a way worried about my copy, due to Amazon's track record and me (Last big purchase was a $500 camera and they shipped me the wrong item).

[quote name='Draekon']https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/201726183740686336[/QUOTE]

Awsome to hear. I see no problems with graphic and UI change mods.

I will be rocking a monk to start. Probably play through the softcore section of the game a few times and try to gain some profits through the RMAH, of course while having fun. Then moving on to hardcore, it's a rush if you haven't ever tried it.

I think we should make our own "ladder". Such as first one to 60, beat inferno, perhaps even beat hardcore inferno?

[quote name='SEH']Weird how he says its not a cheat "...yet". How could a filter that improves color/contrast and sharpens edges ever be considered a cheat? I'll still probably hold off just because of the wording he uses.[/QUOTE]

What I think he means is it should be okay to use, yet people find a way to push stuff like this beyond the envelope. Perhaps he means that right now in its current state it's probably okay, but future updates might go to far.

Again just a guess though.

[quote name='sasukekun']You need to buy both Diablo 3 AND Max Payne 3.[/QUOTE]

Funniest thing is, I'd totally hit that deal up if Max Payne 3 PC was out on Tuesday.

Still bothers me to no end that Max Payne 3 on PC is getting shafted so hard by Rockstar, when the previous games were primarily PC games.

[quote name='crystalklear64']thought that was gonna be the case[/QUOTE]

Check out the update I posted to that. Jay said as of now DarkD3 is fine.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Funniest thing is, I'd totally hit that deal up if Max Payne 3 PC was out on Tuesday.

Still bothers me to no end that Max Payne 3 on PC is getting shafted so hard by Rockstar, when the previous games were primarily PC games.[/QUOTE]
It's really fucking annoying. Rockstar's track record for PC ports in the last few years have been pretty shitty. I mean sure GTA IV did get fixed up, but it's pre patch state was pretty ugly to say the least.

I would of seriously thought about that deal if Max Payne 3 PC was out. I could of used that gaming coupon to get a 2nd copy of Diablo for almost half off for my GF.

Even post-patches, GTAIV still runs like dogshit. My 2500k at 4.2Ghz and my 580 struggle with it. Such a horribly unoptimized mess. I'll eventually grab MP3 down the road, but they kinda screwed up releasing it AFTER D3 (at least for the PC crowd, though R* has clearly shown they don't give a shit about us).

[quote name='SEH']Even post-patches, GTAIV still runs like dogshit. My 2500k at 4.2Ghz and my 580 struggle with it. Such a horribly unoptimized mess. I'll eventually grab MP3 down the road, but they kinda screwed up releasing it AFTER D3 (at least for the PC crowd, though R* has clearly shown they don't give a shit about us).[/QUOTE]
wat. i have a 2500k at stock and a 570 and it runs fine. might be an overclocking thing.

I will have to watch the other videos tomorrow but I checked out Wizard and Monk. Wizard looks like a mage from WoW. Nothing wrong, just eh it's a mage. Monk looks really fun, so I think I am going to roll him first unless the other classes inspire me tomorrow.

[quote name='sendme']I'm thinking witch doctor for my first build. I might even try to play it like the video from IGN.[/QUOTE]

Probably gonna try Wizard/Demon Hunter. I liked how they played in the beta, but the Demon Hunter did change a lot from last time I played it.

Amazon order has shipped for me. Lets hope they didn't fuck it up.

Also great news on the starter edition. I can give my GF the guest pass so she could make sure the game runs fine on her mac before she buys it next month.

Looked at all the ign class vids. Gonna try monk first, then decide between the others. Demon Hunter reminds me of a skillshot champ in League of Legends which your ability to play him is based on how well you can land the skillshot. All of the classes look like a ton of fun in their own ways though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some updated information ... I'll add this part to the front page.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/

Updated with item stats for the legendary and set items and such

Also if you really must. People from Asia are already playing.

http://en.twitch.tv/angrybirdstw

http://en.twitch.tv/evildark0507

http://pl.twitch.tv/irix1009

http://en.twitch.tv/ickeal

Asian streams BIG SPOILER alert though.

[quote name='BREVITY']Didnt they say we could preinstall today? I am at work and have not tried yet but have any of you?[/QUOTE]

Also yes I believe you can install it now actually

Last edited by a moderator:
Still shipping soon; hopefully they don't fuck me on RDD. BB stopped taking pre-orders for the CE right? I might ask my buddy there what the deal is because they always have more than is pre-ordered.

Argh! I've been holding out to try the Starter edition. I want to see how it runs on my laptop before I buy it, and I got the laptop right after the open beta ended. :/

Since everyone except me and one other person on earth are getting Diablo 3 on launch, would anyone be willing to spare me a guest pass?

bread's done
Back