Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Shipped earlier with Wednesday delivery date. Was this not on the RDD schedule? Sigh. Whatever, I'll track down a local copy and do my thing.

There's no way to start installing this if you're getting a retail copy, right?

Holy shit... even though I have my CE pre-ordered from Amazon, which should arrive tomorrow before 5 PM, I am considering on buying the digital edition so that I can play at midnight... someone talk me out of my insanity!!!!

Unrelated, which server does everyone plan on joining? U.S. East, U.S. West? Do you think it will have a noticeable effect on performance (e.g., lag)?

[quote name='Jodou']Shipped earlier with Wednesday delivery date. Was this not on the RDD schedule? Sigh. Whatever, I'll track down a local copy and do my thing.

There's no way to start installing this if you're getting a retail copy, right?[/QUOTE]

Right, you can purchase the digital copy, and then input your CE key code, which will essentially cannibalize your digital copy, but open up the additional content.

You can. When I went to install it asked me to enter a serial, you can bypass that though and go straight to installing. You'll just have to add the serial to your BNet account when you get it.

[quote name='Swift900']Right, you can purchase the digital copy, and then input your CE key code, which will essentially cannibalize your digital copy, but open up the additional content.[/QUOTE]

You will get a couple months of WoW time as compensation.

I pre-ordered from newegg a couple months ago when it was available for $50 shipped. This morning they said payment was made. Any chance it comes tomorrow?

[quote name='SEH']You can. When I went to install it asked me to enter a serial, you can bypass that though and go straight to installing. You'll just have to add the serial to your BNet account when you get it.[/QUOTE]
God, I didn't even notice the OP was updated. So if I run the US installer it will essentially function like that? Guess I'll try it tonight, thanks!

[quote name='Jodou']Shipped earlier with Wednesday delivery date. Was this not on the RDD schedule? Sigh. Whatever, I'll track down a local copy and do my thing.

There's no way to start installing this if you're getting a retail copy, right?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about the CE but the regular edition is on RDD. I don't see why the CE wouldn't be. It's the same game, just with more stuff.

My game is supposed to be here tomorrow, and it better be. I preordered at Amazon so I didn't have to drive to Best Buy to get my game. It will be fucking pointless if I have to wait another day to play the game.

[quote name='Jodou']God, I didn't even notice the OP was updated. So if I run the US installer it will essentially function like that? Guess I'll try it tonight, thanks![/QUOTE]

Yup. Only reason I know is because I accidentally clicked to enter a key (I bought the digital version so its already on my account). It just opened my BNet account to enter a key while the actual installer began installing files.

I've finally settled on the DH as my first class. I'll wind up doing the WD on my more casual playthough with some friends who aren't online that much.

[quote name='SEH']I've finally settled on the DH as my first class. I'll wind up doing the WD on my more casual playthough with some friends who aren't online that much.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the exact opposite, haha. That should work out for my friends and I since one is a Wizard, one a Barbarian and one a Witch Doctor.

[quote name='TLPRIME']lol.. how long did it take?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, just saw the screenshot of them all laying over his beaten corpse.

Well, I was almost able to log into the Europe servers but got that error 12 about not having a license attached to my account despite have the digital version paid for. Hmm...

Did some digging and found this:

We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. We’ll provide an update once Global Play is enabled, and you’ll then be able to change the region you connect to through the game’s options. Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions and players who use Global Play to connect outside of their home region will only be able to access the gold-based auction house. More information can be found in our Global Play introduction article.

Lame.

[quote name='SEH']Not sure, just saw the screenshot of them all laying over his beaten corpse.

Well, I was almost able to log into the Europe servers but got that error 12 about not having a license attached to my account despite have the digital version paid for. Hmm...

Did some digging and found this:

Lame.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it was someone in Korea. Finished normal mode in ~6 hours. Straight run through, no side quests or anything.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Apparently it was someone in Korea. Finished normal mode in ~6 hours. Straight run through, no side quests or anything.[/QUOTE]

Seems kind of quick for a first playthrough.

[quote name='Josh5890']Seems kind of quick for a first playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Not really if you're straight up running through.

I played the shit out of the beta during that free weekend for the sole purpose of learning where to go and what to do so when the game launches tonight, I'll be able to speed through as fast as possible (at least that first chapter of Act . Its all about getting to Inferno.

I am downloading my Digital copy right now, I think Demon hunter to start. I am thinking if I should call into work sick tonight, cause I have yet to miss a day in 6 months and this game and beer would be a fun time.

[quote name='SEH']Its all about getting to Inferno.[/QUOTE]

It's all about farming Inferno.

BTW, Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy, but they said it's on the truck, getting ready to ship... *sigh*

[quote name='Click']BTW, Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy, but they said it's on the truck, getting ready to ship... *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I've had release date delivery ship out at 2AM on Tuesday and I still got it the same day. Every time a release date delivery item releases, everybody seems to fret over it to no end. You guys need to learn some patience as they have a very good track record of delivering release date delivery items on time (it's not perfect of course).

Yeah, it depends on where you live. Do you have an Amazon distribution center in your state (if you have to pay tax on Amazon purchases, you do)? If you do, then it will likely ship late tonight. Amazon has a distribution center here, so if I get RDD on games they usually ship late the night before or early in the morning.

[quote name='SEH']Yeah, it depends on where you live. Do you have an Amazon distribution center in your state (if you have to pay tax on Amazon purchases, you do)? If you do, then it will likely ship late tonight. Amazon has a distribution center here, so if I get RDD on games they usually ship late the night before or early in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Mine already shipped out actually. Closest distribution center to St. Louis, Missouri is in Tennessee I believe. That's one of the two places stuff usually ships from.

[quote name='crystalklear64']so when people actually know what they are doing it will take less than 6 hours...
holy shit.[/QUOTE]

Thats on normal difficulty dude. Dont expect to blow through Nightmare and Hell that fast. And dont expect to get through Inferno at all.

[quote name='panzerfaust']bet you can get under 6 hours with a solid group. can't wait to join the races, i have a feeling i'll be the first one to inferno in this thread :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'd probably be able to give you a run for your money even though I have work tomorrow. Not that it really matters either way and I'll be playing at my own pace, which is fairly fast.

[quote name='crystalklear64']would it surprise anyone if i had diablo 3 preordered?[/QUOTE]

Nah. I was under the impression you still wanted to play it, you just don't like the things they changed from 2.

Ok guys.... I just talked to my manager friend at Gamestop and not all of the stores got their allotments of the Collectors Editions. If you are going to one of these stores, you might want to head there early, as usual.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok guys.... I just talked to my manager friend at Gamestop and not all of the stores got their allotments of the Collectors Editions. If you are going to one of these stores, you might want to head there early, as usual.[/QUOTE]

I'll fucking kill someone. I'm leaving in half an hour, I doubt there will be that many people at the one I go to. There was only about 15 people for Cataclysm so I'm guessing 20-25 for Diablo. I preordered my CE day 1 so they better have one for me.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok guys.... I just talked to my manager friend at Gamestop and not all of the stores got their allotments of the Collectors Editions. If you are going to one of these stores, you might want to head there early, as usual.[/QUOTE]
As in typical gamestop fashion. :lol: I have to go to GS in the morning to hopefully grab a $13 fightstick for modding. Hopefully since they were doing a midnight release, the line isn't too bad of people buying D3 (although this GS is in fucking redneck city so I think I might be good, lol). Not that it really matters to me because I will be there at opening and as long as I am out of there by like 11:45 I will be good for the UPS man.

Got my CE! There was about 40-50 people at my Gamestop, but I saw at least 10 of them getting Max Payne. They didn't have any extra CEs and they were all sold out of the CE guides too. The CE is really nice, the Diablo USB skull is really cool. Now to try and get some sleep so I can get up nice and early and start playing tomorrow.

Sigh... I preordered the Collector's Edition at the GameStop my EX-Fiance works at. They say I have to wait till last to pick mine up, since it was in her name still.

When it comes time to it, they realized they sold my copy to a walkin.

I'm depressed now. :(

My local Gamestop didn't even have a midnight release for D3. Best Buy had some people in it, picking up pre-orders, but didn't get any CEs and didn't sell non pre-orders. Walmart was selling retail copies, but they also didn't get any CEs. Looks like CEs are actually going to be rare...

[quote name='ExplodingRat']Sigh... I preordered the Collector's Edition at the GameStop my EX-Fiance works at. They say I have to wait till last to pick mine up, since it was in her name still.

When it comes time to it, they realized they sold my copy to a walkin.

I'm depressed now. :([/QUOTE]

Ouch, that sucks.

I preordered a copy at gamestop and picked it up ... went to walmart for some food and checked out electronics. Not a single copy of diablo 3 anywhere.

Me and my friend got posters for a door prize raffle, they had one for the display standee and the guy that got called wasnt there lol. It would have gone good with my d2 standee that I got for free for asking eb and then tossed just before d3 was announced :(.

I have some videos, two people dressed up, and various other line stuff. I thought that more people would have CE's since gamestop had them forever. People were all like, whats that, then light came through the ceiling and touched my hands as I held my copy, and somewhere a choir's voice could be heard.

Some guy was jealous ranting about how its white and ugly, and should be black and thats why he got the regular edition
image17.jpg

But open it up

d3box-1118-001.jpg

Sorry for the big pics, im too lazy put it all out for display. And this page will be behind another soon anyways :p

bread's done
Back