Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='100xp']

...the quest for dat piece ring will no doubt be t hot topic. there goes the market again.[/QUOTE]

Curious if you can only find it once/bound to account like Staff of Herding, etc.

Never actually bought D3. I tried out the beta and it didn't appeal too much to me. Is it worth buying at this point for the new updates that are coming out or no?

[quote name='Pookymeister']Curious if you can only find it once/bound to account like Staff of Herding, etc.[/QUOTE]

i honestly hope for the market's sake the piece ring reward from the inferno machine is account bound. at least though it's built so if there is an algorythm tied to items in the AH to drops, it shouldn't suffer so.

I wonder how many pieces you need to make one.

I also see a lot of ppl going back to act 1 and 2 w/player X+ instead of just doing act 3 vanilla.

[quote name='Cfw_Master']Never actually bought D3. I tried out the beta and it didn't appeal too much to me. Is it worth buying at this point for the new updates that are coming out or no?[/QUOTE]

the game was good at launch, the game is good now.

if you happened to be playing when the first patch hit making repairs astronomical and no loot dropping from breakables in act 1 and IV you might have raged and cursed out blizzard. it's been slowly patching for the better after that. So you may not appreciate what's been changed if you didn't suffer through the early patches.

the continued updates are just adding/fixing the game. while not everyone likes the process or the speed at which...it is a continusly evolving game. Certainly worth the price imo, esp because it's always changing. If you don't want to shell out the $ buy Torchlight 2, it's $20 and according to the reviews addresses and even plays off on a lot of the problems d3 was/is sufferring.

Went to my local gamestop and noticed their new blizzard display shelf. Saw that they were selling diablo 3 prepaid cards (to load battle net accounts) to use for RMAH! might finally try buying something from RMAH.

[quote name='Cfw_Master']Never actually bought D3. I tried out the beta and it didn't appeal too much to me. Is it worth buying at this point for the new updates that are coming out or no?[/QUOTE]
if you didn't like it then it has not changed so radically that you'd like it now.

[quote name='100xp']the game was good at launch, the game is good now.

if you happened to be playing when the first patch hit making repairs astronomical and no loot dropping from breakables in act 1 and IV you might have raged and cursed out blizzard. it's been slowly patching for the better after that. So you may not appreciate what's been changed if you didn't suffer through the early patches.

the continued updates are just adding/fixing the game. while not everyone likes the process or the speed at which...it is a continusly evolving game. Certainly worth the price imo, esp because it's always changing. If you don't want to shell out the $ buy Torchlight 2, it's $20 and according to the reviews addresses and even plays off on a lot of the problems d3 was/is sufferring.[/QUOTE]

I had preordered TL2 months ago and just started playing it actually. I think I might stick with this for now, and if D3 improves a lot I might join in

funny.

I finally got Andariel's Visage to drop, no socket...no dex, but hey, the fire dmg is below avg and the proc chance above avg.

Death Watch Mantle (w/34% proc)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/death-watch-mantle

Andariel's Visage (12% fire/32% proc)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/andariels-visage

Fire Walkers (double rolled dex \o/)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fire-walkers

Mantra of Evasion/Backlash

It's been surprisingly effective in act 3, it seems to work great w/you have skeletal archers in the back firing at you while you've engaged anything melee. I'd invest in more thorns but...there's nothing visually stimulating about that.

now I'm going to try and will a http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bulkathoss-wedding-band for the life drain or http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/band-of-hollow-whispers for the haunt into dropping.

fun stuff.

Found like my forth Hellrack this today while doing are usual Act 3 CAG run with Dwarfman.

Also found this:

scaled.php

I think it might be on average side with some of the stats but it still sells for 130 million gold ($70) for lowest buyouts on lower stat items. Found the set belt a couple weeks back but it's been sold already. Nice way to start the week, Dwarf might be my new lucky charm. Sorry Hari :lol:

[quote name='Mad D']Found like my forth Hellrack this today while doing are usual Act 3 CAG run with Dwarfman.

Also found this:

scaled.php
[/QUOTE]

FYI.. to anyone in game.. I am a good luck charm :p

Grats again Mad D!

[quote name='Dwarfman']FYI.. to anyone in game.. I am a good luck charm :p

Grats again Mad D![/QUOTE]

haha...i have a friend who never finds legendaries w/we play coop, but as soon as he leaves...one of us (my other friend or I) finds one or we both find one. best time was finding Nat's ring and my friend finding Nat's slayer w/socket.

The punish you for hitting me proc build was going great, then I found...
Vile Wards. Heck yeah!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/vile-ward

w/high dex, arcane resistance which is what i've been stacking (monk) and 78 AR. sadly there is no life% or vit, but double dex roll and matching resist bonus is nothing im complaining about.

grats on IK.

Thought 1.05 was coming out today and saw my client update.....then saw no changes. Then I read about the PTR. Then I closed Diablo and did something else.

joy puke.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/innas-vast-expanse

I think reading dwarf's post re:dwarf being a good luck charm helped. I found a decent rolled Inna's chest while taking out...the trash. I was shock (would have been perfect w/arcane resistance but i'll take poison).

I saw chest and grinned.
(of course whenever I see a nice chest I grin)

Mine has 3 sockets, the tooltip on the website says 1 + 1 random stat. Is this wrong? I thought all "the class" set chests rolled 3 sockets post patch.

then we played w/my good luck charm friend and after he left the fight before Cydea she dropped probably the worst Ivory Tower shield post patch I've ever seen...but we're 3 for 3 now w/this theory.

I don't remember which message board I read it on (possibly Diablo Inc since I don't read the official whine filled forums) but there was an in depth magic find thread that said that half of your legendaries found will be from normal trash mobs. It also said that with about 280 MF you should find a legendary at about 80 elite packs compared to none which would be at 200 elite packs. I'm jealous about the Inna's though XP.

[quote name='100xp']

I think reading dwarf's post re:dwarf being a good luck charm helped. I found a decent rolled Inna's chest while taking out...the trash. I was shock (would have been perfect w/arcane resistance but i'll take poison).[/QUOTE]

The funny part about this is Dwarf just found one as well and it rolled with Arcane.

[quote name='Mad D']The funny part about this is Dwarf just found one as well and it rolled with Arcane.[/QUOTE]

O . o

oh snap.

is he interested in trading? treasure goblin? wha? treasure Dwarf.

(in other news, socketed Windforce w/1100 dps...happy daze)

[quote name='100xp']O . o

oh snap.

is he interested in trading? treasure goblin? wha? treasure Dwarf.

(in other news, socketed Windforce w/1100 dps...happy daze)[/QUOTE]

I suppose it depends on what it rolled. Since I double stack AR/Physical resist the Arcane does absolutely nothing for me.

Here is my profile so you can see the the stats on it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dwarfman-1396/hero/15840083

Give me your profile for your character and I'm sure we can figure something out!

i think the buffs outweigh the nerfs tbh...+ the addition of MPX and Infernal Boss Machine sound awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sever
w/life steal! (and 1038.6 dps)

heck yeah! I want to see if the archon/cm build still works w/this. i.e. everything you kill in archon form is a crit which triggers CM.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Curious if you can only find it once/bound to account like Staff of Herding, etc.[/QUOTE]

confirming the "Hellfire" ring is account bound, as it cannot even be dropped...which is good.

here's a blurry pic of it from the PTR.
http://i48.tinypic.com/a28c46.png

apparently when you put it together you can choose the main stat, STR/INT/or DEX. then the rest are randomly rolled. But it does come w/the hellfire fireball proc which apparently nukes the screen for sever death proc like damage...and then there's the 35% exp bonus. Most bang for your buck? I'm going Dex or Int.

and here's how you get the pieces to put together the key ring.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712951823#16

[quote name='IRHari']http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7390518/Public_Test_Realm_Patch_105_Notes-9_27_2012

Can someone take Blizzard's fucking nerf bat and break it? Please?[/QUOTE]

Oh now I see why you have a monk up of now instead of your wizard. I don't understand why they keep lowering those proc rates. What's so bad about class diversity and having tank wizards? For this prior patch they lowered and completely removed the rate for some skills on the demonhunter killing off one of it's easy assessable tank builds. Had to counter that with absurd amount of effective health, not sure if that style will benefit wizards though since they lack the high dodge rate.

I mean, to be fair, it was kind of ridiculous. I didn't spend that much gear making the stormchaser/critical mass build and I was sitting in desecrator + molten + arcane without losing life and tanking it like a boss.

It was a bit overpowered lol.

But they nerfed so badly that you need 50+% crit chance to make the build viable again. And if you have that much crit chance you probably gave up a ton of good stats in order to get it to 50%.

Ah well. Still love the wizard, but my monk is really good atm.

[quote name='IRHari']Add it in your next post. We'll all add you and that's it ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry I misread your post and added it to the main post. Well my battle Tag is Sephiroth#1837. I play a barbarian that doesn't use a double whirlwind build (i'm probably the only barbarian that doesn't lol). I'm usually on throughout the day. Let me know if I need to remove my name from the first post.

Edit:
Just did a session with some of the guys here and got an amazing Inna's Radiance.
InnasRadiance_zps95f7a1ec.png

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Oh sorry I misread your post and added it to the main post. Well my battle Tag is Sephiroth#1837. I play a barbarian that doesn't use a double whirlwind build (i'm probably the only barbarian that doesn't lol). I'm usually on throughout the day. Let me know if I need to remove my name from the first post.

Edit:
Just did a session with some of the guys here and got an amazing Inna's Radiance.
InnasRadiance_zps95f7a1ec.png
[/QUOTE]

Yep that's the CAG effect. Farm with each other and good things happen.

SO even though I didn't get anything good that run, right after the run I was trolling the AH. Grabbed this for 6.6 mill:

9Srav.jpg

can anyone tell me.
what the hell can you do with a battlenet balance. I thought i could just buy some WoW timecards and sell them, but it wont even let me.

[quote name='shosh']can anyone tell me.
what the hell can you do with a battlenet balance. I thought i could just buy some WoW timecards and sell them, but it wont even let me.[/QUOTE]

I think you use it to pay for expansions for your account or items off the diablo auction house. I don't think they have it set up so you can buy prepaid time on wow yet.

Was running with Mr. Good Luck Charm this morning, found an arcane version of this, sold it for 38 mill, then bought this for 42 mill:

q1pMe.jpg

[quote name='IRHari']Was running with Mr. Good Luck Charm this morning[/IMG][/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Ah nice I didn't know about that one. Two for two in games played with Dwarf this week. That pretty good Calamity with high Mark of Death and the Andy's helm with low fire damage percentage.

Think my character is at a plateau in regards of what I can reasonably upgrade without getting rid of too much armor, health and resist. At least until the new patch comes out. Also, no more gold.

Just started Diablo 3 thanks to TRU clearance and a CAG trade, my battlenet tag is NicaVic#1522. Still very very noobish in the ways of the diabolo.

[quote name='NicaVic']Just started Diablo 3 thanks to TRU clearance and a CAG trade, my battlenet tag is NicaVic#1522. Still very very noobish in the ways of the diabolo.[/QUOTE]

Same here, lovin' the game so far tho. added

Kage#1767

I need clarification since I read a lot of differing views on magic find. Does it affect legendary drop rates? I've been farming with a 200+ MF w/ NV everyday for the past 2 weeks and I never got a drop on that particular character. This is shenanigans.

Anyway, I keep on forgetting to add my tag here. It's glemtvapen#1954
I play a monk that can survive A3 but is seriously lacking on the DPS department so I mostly farm A2.

[quote name='glemtvapen']I need clarification since I read a lot of differing views on magic find. Does it affect legendary drop rates? I've been farming with a 200+ MF w/ NV everyday for the past 2 weeks and I never got a drop on that particular character. This is shenanigans.

Anyway, I keep on forgetting to add my tag here. It's glemtvapen#1954
I play a monk that can survive A3 but is seriously lacking on the DPS department so I mostly farm A2.[/QUOTE]

This thread is pretty in depth, so much that it's basically a text book:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/

From what I gathered if a monster has 0.5% chance to drop a rare and 0.05% chance to drop a legendary, 100% mf will give you 1% chance for rare and 0.1% chance for legendary instead.

I no longer use MF, that choice is upon you. Every now and then in games when running with CAGs we will all find a legendary/set item. Sometimes someone (me) will find two (hopefully).

Just to throw in my 2 cents with MF... last night I ran with MF and I haven't been for a few weeks.. I had Manajuma's Carving Knife drop http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-carving-knife

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Put it up for 150 million starting bid with a 350 Million buyout. Checked the AH this morning and it SOLD! I have 297,500,000 left over after the 15%. I nearly crapped my pants... good hunting everyone!

[quote name='Dwarfman']Just to throw in my 2 cents with MF... last night I ran with MF and I haven't been for a few weeks.. I had Manajuma's Carving Knife drop http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-carving-knife

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Put it up for 150 million starting bid with a 350 Million buyout. Checked the AH this morning and it SOLD! I have 297,500,000 left over after the 15%. I nearly crapped my pants... good hunting everyone![/QUOTE]

Congrats on the nice sale!!

Seeing how much some gold hardcore players can dispose of to buy items makes me realized im too poor in this game... i barely have 10M gold!

Im at Hell Act 2 right now for all 5 classes i have. (I like to balance my gaming! hehe!) Im thinking of just shelling out real cash to buy auction house balance card to buy gold to purchase better gear to reach Inferno and just hope i do well in getting better drops then.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Congrats on the nice sale!!

Seeing how much some gold hardcore players can dispose of to buy items makes me realized im too poor in this game... i barely have 10M gold!

Im at Hell Act 2 right now for all 5 classes i have. (I like to balance my gaming! hehe!) Im thinking of just shelling out real cash to buy auction house balance card to buy gold to purchase better gear to reach Inferno and just hope i do well in getting better drops then.[/QUOTE]

With 10m you can get a really nice character going for Inferno farming. Even if you can't do A3 solo by yourself with 10m you can do A1/A2 easy. I'd say focus on 1 character and start leveling paragon. As you level up you'll slowly start finding better and better gear/drops and can progress into A3 Inferno.

If you are planning on buying stuff from the RMAH it should be gold. With gold so cheap lately you can get a great amount and use it on the GAH and get even more. Honestly I wouldn't put anything more han $10 in (20ish million depending on what gold goes for now/haven't checked). With 30 million you could really get a nice character and start farming A3.

Honestly with the paragon system set up the way it is there is no incentive to have multiple level 60's. I'm sure it is very nice for a change of pace but if you can level up 1 and have it farm the crap out of A3 inferno you'll find upgrades for your alts. Just a few thoughts.

Woah. You deserved it treasure dwarf. After all the items we've found while running with you while you politely congratulated us, it's nice that it came back to you :lol: I need some more Dwarfman luck, the other day I accidentally set those Blackthorne pants to two million instead of twenty buyout. I guess I shouldn't have listed them if I was in a hurry. It could have been worse though, like if I did that with an item like that dagger.

[quote name='Dwarfman']Just to throw in my 2 cents with MF... last night I ran with MF and I haven't been for a few weeks.. I had Manajuma's Carving Knife drop http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-carving-knife

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Put it up for 150 million starting bid with a 350 Million buyout. Checked the AH this morning and it SOLD! I have 297,500,000 left over after the 15%. I nearly crapped my pants... good hunting everyone![/QUOTE]

I didnt know people actually spent that much gold on a single item before. Congrats.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I didnt know people actually spent that much gold on a single item before. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Yea, i don't think i would even take a second look at the stats if it wasn't a set item. Shows what i know ;)

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Lucky. Now if only I could find some thing that'll give me 50m at least, I could finally start building up my DPS. I'm still poor to buy those gears.
BTW, whats the other random properties?

bread's done
Back