Diablo III - Out NOW on PS3, coming to PS4

I'm guessing that we'll have to wait for a proper comparison in terms of framerate, image quality, tearing and so on but between the content deal and the fact that Blizzard has been showing-off the PS3 version a ton it looks like that's the lead SKU on console.
dont forget the diablo 3 commericals on tv that dont even picture the 360 game making it look like an exclusive for ps3.

The funny thing is, this game was built from the ground up to be a console game from the start. That's largely why it's so awful. It's limited and unimaginative in all aspects, and is after a completely different demographic than it advertises. It's literally a dark fantasy version of farmville except linked to your Paypal.

The funny thing is, this game was built from the ground up to be a console game from the start. That's largely why it's so awful. It's limited and unimaginative in all aspects, and is after a completely different demographic than it advertises. It's literally a dark fantasy version of farmville except linked to your Paypal.
this game is basically torchlight 2 with the auction house addition, and much more pricey.

The fact that snooty elitist "PC gamers" dislike this game frankly only makes me that much more interested in Diablo 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that snooty elitist "PC gamers" dislike this game frankly only makes me that much more interested in Diablo 3.
Disliking a game makes you "snooty"? Fact is its a humongous step backward from Diablo 2 and is worse than Torchlight 2. The four acts are monotonous, the loot blows, they nerfed Inferno difficulty to the ground, and the auction house made whatever little fun that was there completely disappear. By all means though, waste your money on the game.

i loved diablo 2. i never got to finish it though cuz it was pretty impossible to play on a 56k dial up modem. contemplating getting this. it cant be that drastic of a change from d2. youre still dungeon crawling, finding loot and using potions.

Thanks for the info. Between what's been said on here and what I have found out on my own, I've decided to get the PS3 version. However, I could use some new PSN friends from this topic. MattYoung730 is my user name.

Had alot of fun with it on the PC. I expect the same on the PS3.

Some people just have sand in their vags.

I just wish it had come out over the holiday weekend.

Thanks for the info. Between what's been said on here and what I have found out on my own, I've decided to get the PS3 version. However, I could use some new PSN friends from this topic. MattYoung730 is my user name.
I will send you a FR tonight.. Looking for some guys to play this with!

I picked this up from BB on a PM of TRU earlier today. So far I'm liking it. I never played any of the prior Diablo games, but it has the whole Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance feel to it.

Can't find the answer to this or maybe I haven't looked hard enough, hoping someone can answer.  If you do an online game with friends does everyone get their own loot as they do on the PC version or do you have to share it ie Borderlands 2?  Really want a reason to pick this up for PS3 as I've dumped over 200 hours into it on PC.  Having to share the loot would probably be a deal breaker for me though.  Also any other impressions from those that have the PC version as well as PS3 would be appreciated.  I've heard some of the skills are hard to target with on PS3 but not too much else.  

Plus with my boy MattYoung rockin this I may be forced to cop it sons.

Can't find the answer to this or maybe I haven't looked hard enough, hoping someone can answer. If you do an online game with friends does everyone get their own loot as they do on the PC version or do you have to share it ie Borderlands 2? Really want a reason to pick this up for PS3 as I've dumped over 200 hours into it on PC. Having to share the loot would probably be a deal breaker for me though. Also any other impressions from those that have the PC version as well as PS3 would be appreciated. I've heard some of the skills are hard to target with on PS3 but not too much else.

Plus with my boy MattYoung rockin this I may be forced to cop it sons.
sadly, i believe when it comes to loot. it is every man for himself. LOL

Yeah that sucks, with Legendary and set drops being as rare as they are no way I want to play for five hours and see it go to somebody else. Doesn't mean I can't just play solo though. Anyone verify this?

That makes zero sense. Why would they change the way loot works when going from PC to console? They made such a big issue when it was first released for PC that you didn't have to fight with others over loot. I find it very hard to believe they went back on that only for the console versions.

Alright. I'm playing this on medium(aka normal) and the first level up to and including the main boss seemed to be a cakewalk. Now I've defeated him and I'm on the next level and I step into this glowing green goop an enemy dropped when they died....DEAD!

Not to mention when I respawn my weapons have now lost 10% of their durability. Joy.

Funny. It's like they held your hand for the whole first level and gave you somewhat easy enemies.

Only other issues I've had with the title so far is a little screen tearing and some framerate hiccups here and there.

Fun game though. I played it for about 3 or so hours tonight.

whats the best character to play in this game? since the targeting system is wonky apparently, would the barbarian be the better fit on console?

edit: also, you can duplicate your items with a save trick. so itll be like borderlands 2 where so long as you know someone, itll be easy to get great weapons.

Yeah that sucks, with Legendary and set drops being as rare as they are no way I want to play for five hours and see it go to somebody else. Doesn't mean I can't just play solo though. Anyone verify this?
The bronze trophy for picking up a legendary item was the first trophy I got last night. I can also confirm that each player sees their own loot, and it is not shared.

I hope you get the game, dude! I love it so far.

The bronze trophy for picking up a legendary item was the first trophy I got last night. I can also confirm that each player sees their own loot, and it is not shared.

I hope you get the game, dude! I love it so far.
how is the online gameplay, any lag? can you create your own private game, and allow only people on your friend list, or your friends to join? basically to keep out randoms

how is the online gameplay, any lag? can you create your own private game, and allow only people on your friend list, or your friends to join? basically to keep out randoms
There is a friends only, invite only and open to public option.

Coming from the PC version, I'm definitely amazed to see legendaries drop and actually change my build/playstyle as a result. (my first legendary drop had +fire damage so I swapped things around and used skills/runes that I normally wouldn't to take advantage)

Overall I'm seeing less loot but more upgrades and side-grades. They even managed to make gold feel meaningful.

Coming from the PC version, I'm definitely amazed to see legendaries drop and actually change my build/playstyle as a result. (my first legendary drop had +fire damage so I swapped things around and used skills/runes that I normally wouldn't to take advantage)

Overall I'm seeing less loot but more upgrades and side-grades. They even managed to make gold feel meaningful.
so from a pc version perspective, how is the ps3 online community? are they as populated, and is it easier to find games to join, or is it like a ghost town?

so from a pc version perspective, how is the ps3 online community? are they as populated, and is it easier to find games to join, or is it like a ghost town?
Yeah, Ive been able to get in online games no problem, though I play mostly solo atm to enjoy the 1st playthough.

Its #2 most active board on gamefaqs atm so I'm pretty sure the community is populated.

Yeah, I get randoms popping into my game all the time. I hate the people that rush thru. I want to explore every nook and cranny and I keep getting quest completed pop ups, lol. Not that it really bothers me tho, I eventually quit if they get too far ahead, and I start back to where I was. :p

Yeah, I get randoms popping into my game all the time. I hate the people that rush thru. I want to explore every nook and cranny and I keep getting quest completed pop ups, lol. Not that it really bothers me tho, I eventually quit if they get too far ahead, and I start back to where I was. :p
i thought you could disable others from joining your game. lol

i thought you could disable others from joining your game. lol
You can. I just choose not to. It nets me more xp if I am soloing it out exploring while they are far away rushing. :p

Let me explain: monsters health, damage, experience, drop rate all increase by 10% for each additional player in the room. So if they join your room, xp is 10-30% more than normal. If other players are near, XP is divided by 2-4. When your by yourself and they are too far, you net all the additional xp.

Anyone down for some co-op? PS3 of course. Add me put CAG or something in the message. I am like level 9-10 currently stuck trying to fight this boss. He keeps killing me I don't think I'm leveled enough to beat him.

Anyone down for some co-op? PS3 of course. Add me put CAG or something in the message. I am like level 9-10 currently stuck trying to fight this boss. He keeps killing me I don't think I'm leveled enough to beat him.
Skeleton King Leoric? Yeah he messes you up pretty bad if your not around level 13. Also to note, there is no downside to kicking the difficulty down to easy.

O yea can someone answer this?

I ordered D3 on PS3 from Amazon to get that Pre-order wings and etc bonus, but I haven't gotten the email yet.

Anyone that got it from Amazon, was your wings and other junk included in the infernal helm card in box?  Or are u still waiting?   I'm in like 10 contests to win D3 and I dont' want to open it yet in case I don't know get all the extra junk w/ non-preorder copies  (wings, ring, scarf, somethign else)

O yea can someone answer this?

I ordered D3 on PS3 from Amazon to get that Pre-order wings and etc bonus, but I haven't gotten the email yet.

Anyone that got it from Amazon, was your wings and other junk included in the infernal helm card in box? Or are u still waiting? I'm in like 10 contests to win D3 and I dont' want to open it yet in case I don't know get all the extra junk w/ non-preorder copies (wings, ring, scarf, somethign else)
Stash Chest in town, in the items section.

I'm loving this game so far. I was a very active D2 player back in the day and this feels like loot is spot on developing your character around it. If anyone wants to add me on psn my account if VolsVegasKing. Level 53 barbarian. With mic. Also have the blueprints for the staff for the secret level. Got it my first time through. I will be on tomorrow night for a while!

So just to clarify Diablo 3 is not the steaming pile of garbage that the PC master race would have us believe it is?

bread's done
Back