did you get your PW plushie?

LiK

CAGiversary!
this is just great, i prordered the game from Capcom during the preorder timeframe and they said my plushie would be guaranteed. but i received the game this past Sat and no plushie. i emailed their CSR but they said it's not shown in my order so i'll need to call them.

they gave me a number that doesn't look toll free so i asked if it's toll free in my reply before i waste time calling them. man, what a drag. i should've preordered from Gamestop to avoid this trouble.

I preordered from Gamestop a while back, and on the day(10/24) I went to pick my copy up, they told me they didnt receive any plushies.

yea, i heard about the GS problem. but Capcom sent out an email and said it would be guaranteed for all preorders on their site when my preorder was placed on backorder. oh well, i'll update my situation if i make any progress...

I didn't get my plush either.
I sent an email to capcom about it, but I'm guessing I'll have the same response you got.
Sucky thing is, I work at GC. I could have bought this game the day it came out way cheaper.
I kept my order and paid that insane amount on shipping for the toy. Bummer.

Oh! Will you post the number they gave you? I'll call them. I don't have an issue if it's not toll free.

I got my plushie and I love it. Totally makes my keychain 100% better. He's so neat looking too. Though I haven't cracked open the game yet, I'm still chipping away at PW2 :lol:

[quote name='Ahadi']I got my plushie and I love it. Totally makes my keychain 100% better. He's so neat looking too. Though I haven't cracked open the game yet, I'm still chipping away at PW2 :lol:[/quote]

Did you get it by going into GS or ordering from Capcom?

[quote name='squid']Did you get it by going into GS or ordering from Capcom?[/QUOTE]

Through Gamestop. Though I think that because I know the manager there it was a bit easier to get the plushie. But I'm pretty sure he said everyone who preordered at that store got their plushie.

Hey OP.. I don't know about you, but I got an email from capcom today apologizing and saying it was on the way.
Hopefully you got the same.
There must have been a major mix up from it being on backorder for so long.

My local GS just had them sitting out on the counter next to a bunch of other free, leftover promo stuff. It looks great next to my ridiculous Watermelon-Pig thing from Monster Hunter 2.

update!

the number that Capcom CS gave me was a complete joke. after i was put on hold for 30 minutes, the woman (who was very nice) said they are only in charge of processing the online orders. she said they are not in charge of the inventory from the warehouses so she can't help me. she gave me the URL to Capcom's support page which is useless. even that CSR woman felt bad for me and said i waited so long to not receive what i was promised.

so now I'm back to square one and I emailed that douche that gave me the number and told him what happened. this is friggin lame. i will update again if i make any progress.

squid, your post gives me hope since you're receiving yours but i didn't receive any emails that i'm getting mine. the only reason i preordered through Capcom was because they guaranteed my preorder bonus when my order was placed on backorder. i would've cancelled to save on shipping by ordering at Amazon. :(

edit: i'm gonna try calling again tomorrow and hope i get someone better.

Just thought I'd post this email I got from Capcom:

To our loyal Capcom Store customers:

Capcom would like to sincerely apologize for the confusion and troubles caused by the recent shortage of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials &
Tribulations in our online store. Please accept our deepest apology; We were caught off-guard by the strong fan reaction to our offer and stumbled.
We are taking this very seriously and promise that we will not have issues like this going forward.

Our pre-order total for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations was more than double our pre-sale estimates. We found similar enthusiasm
for the game throughout our retail partners which immediately created a shortage of the product. As a result, many of our loyal online customers did
not receive the game until a month after it was released. We also offered a Phoenix Wright plush toy to all those who pre-ordered the game. Some of
you did not receive the plush toy when the game finally did arrive.

We want to do what we can to remedy this situation. We have more Phoenix Wright plush toys in our warehouse now and all customers who placed their
order before 10/23, but did not receive the Phoenix Wright plush, will be receiving one in a few days. Also, we are extending our Thank You coupon
to the end of December in the hopes that it will, in a small way, thank you all for your patience, loyalty and understanding.

Please use coupon code PWthanksyou in the Capcom store at checkout for 10% off of you entire purchase through 12/31/2007. We apologize again for the
inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Darin Johnston
Customer Support & eCommerce Manager
Capcom Entertainment, Inc.

Ooh, I wonder if anyone can use the coupon.

Then again, I also wonder if there's anything worth getting at the Capcom store.

Good for Capcom... I mean its foolish that they were in this situation to begin with, but they appear to have addressed it well.

bread's done
Back