Direct2Drive "Scary Digital Treats" Sale! (Titles range from $4.95 to $19.95)

Far Cry 2 with the expansion is definitely worth $10, I recommend it.

Missing, get it from Steam. I've used D2D and I can't say I'm a huge fan. Their copies differ from retail and I had some problems with CoH.

[quote name='Missingdata']Steam having The Witcher deal too, which should I get it from? Steam or D2D? any recommendation?[/QUOTE]

If you own any other games on Steam, you might as well buy The Witcher from there as well. It's nice to have all your games in a single space.

[quote name='vherub']vampire masquerade for $5, that should be in the title![/QUOTE]

indeed, I second this.

If I didn't have it already, I'd pick it up!

check out the steam thread to see the impulse deal. Impulse allows you to download the game and play it without being within the client and you can get it for just 16 after the coupon code that expires Nov. 1

Far Cry 2 is scary now? Do they mean the gameplay, or the fact that it's still called Far Cry and not 'random crappy fps clone'?

[quote name='Guerrilla']Will wait and see if Steam drops Vampire for the holiday...[/QUOTE]
I am hoping for the same, I hope they drop as soon as possible, can't wait for the flick.

[quote name='vherub']that's true, but the unofficial patch 6.5 fixes the problem- and even if not on a 64bit system, the unofficial patch is probably the definitive version of the game to play with widescreen, high res textures and other changes

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. Sounds like this game was extremely buggy upon it's release, but I'll give it a shot with this patch.

Stubbs the Zombie looks like a good deal. The retail PC version seems to be rather expensive (OSX version is cheaper?!?).

Is the PC version of Dead Space considered any better/worse than the console version? Since it seemed like an FPS type game when I looked at screen shots, I thought it might feel more natural to me if I played it on the PC versus using a controller on a console.

[quote name='Drizzt']Is the PC version of Dead Space considered any better/worse than the console version? Since it seemed like an FPS type game when I looked at screen shots, I thought it might feel more natural to me if I played it on the PC versus using a controller on a console.[/QUOTE]

There's always the "PC is prettier" on the plus side, but I've heard that some people really dislike the port's change to the item menu. I hear that the control scheme feels really unintuitive in comparison to the console version.

In my experience with Dead Space on PC the controls are really floaty. Like worse than Killzone 2 before High Precision floaty. I could hardly play the game.

Anyone with Bloodlines know if it plays nice with Windows 7 32bit? I bought it from Gamestop's download service years ago and had problems with it on Windows XP.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Is Stubbs The Zombie any good? I know it's got a kick-ass soundtrack, but that's about all I know about it.[/QUOTE]

There's a demo, and it made me completely hate it. The controls were bad and it didn't tell you what you were supposed to do or how to play. I think it's really designed for a gamepad.

[quote name='Over easy']Anyone tried Downfall before? For $5, it seems interesting.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead a bought Downfall. I'm about 1 1/2 hours in.

If you are into point-and-quick games and are a fan of horror, you will love this game.

But I have found it to be quite difficult if you don't sit down and think about some of the situations. No randomly using items against random objects; you'll be walking circles for hours. Not for the short-tempered.

But definitely an above average point and click. Unique art, intriguing story; you cannot go wrong for five bucks.

Stubbs is Halo 1, but 3rd person and you're a zombie, plus a sense of humor. If that sounds like it would appeal to you, then you'll probably enjoy it. Can't really go wrong for $5.

I don't know about the PC version of Stubbs but I highly recommend the game otherwise. I got it for XBox 3+ years ago and had a lot of fun with it. It used Halo's engine(and you can tell - the menus and controls look fairly similar). It's about 8 hours or so and you'll have a good time with it. I thought it was horribly, horribly underrated and I wish they'd make a sequel for it though I doubt it'll ever happen because of low sales. You'll get some laughs out of it, and yes, the soundtrack is pretty awesome. So much so that I bought it when I was working at CircuitCity.

Does anyone know how long this sale goes on?

I've been wanting to play Bloodlines but I have never downloaded or played any PC games before. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it runs decent on WindowsVista Home Premium and if its easy to download and adding patches..I'm sure I'll have to turn the graphics down to make it run better but as long as it runs decent I'll be happy.

Everyone thinking about picking up Bloodlines, DO IT. I played it couple years ago on a friends computer and ever since I always wanted to have my own copy. Great deal .

I played through Dead Space on the pc using a 360 controller. Haven't tried on the console, so don't have a point of comparison, but I thought it played fine. There weren't any times where controls marred enjoyment of the game or caused frustration. The only negative was the rather long loading times after death, but it's a small thing.

Edit:

Also, I am not sure why direct2drive hides sale games, but ghostbusters is a part of the sale at $9.95
probably should add to the OP

http://www.direct2drive.com/2/8103/product/Buy-Ghostbusters:-The-Video-Game-Download

Anybody in Canada purchase Damnation? Says US and Europe only so not sure if that is a mistake or if for some stupid reason it isn't available in Canada. Or if nobody knows that... if it isn't available in Canada it would tell me at some point in the checkout and not bill the credit card only to not be able to download it right?

[quote name='vherub']Also, I am not sure why direct2drive hides sale games, but ghostbusters is a part of the sale at $9.95
probably should add to the OP

http://www.direct2drive.com/2/8103/product/Buy-Ghostbusters:-The-Video-Game-Download[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't know that Ghostbusters was also on sale. I went ahead and edited the original post.

For those wondering, I don't really know when the sale ends (if you click on the page to the sale there's no sale end date). I would assume it ends 10/31 or 11/1. Also, I would've loved to name this topic title "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for $4.95 at Direct2Drive (and other games on sale too)". Best game ever made. LOL

[quote name='BMXJouster']Thanks, I didn't know that Ghostbusters was also on sale. I went ahead and edited the original post.

For those wondering, I don't really know when the sale ends (if you click on the page to the sale there's no sale end date). I would assume it ends 10/31 or 11/1. Also, I would've loved to name this topic title "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for $4.95 at Direct2Drive (and other games on sale too)". Best game ever made. LOL[/QUOTE]

It ends Sunday.

EDIT: Oh and I answered my own question about Damnation and you can buy it in Canada and it is just an error not listing Canada like they usually do.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='USB Cable']Anyone with Bloodlines know if it plays nice with Windows 7 32bit? I bought it from Gamestop's download service years ago and had problems with it on Windows XP.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it an am using Windows 7 32bit, and it runs fine (I don't know my specs, but I'm using a laptop). If your computer passes the specs on canyourunit.com (everything except the operating system spec), than you should be ok.

Ugh...I passed recommended on canyourunit.com and when I try to load the game, it tells me "Engine error! Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1", which should be impossible with this desktop. Is this because of Vista 64? Will that patch someone mentioned earlier help? :bomb:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Ugh...I passed recommended on canyourunit.com and when I try to load the game, it tells me "Engine error! Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1", which should be impossible with this desktop. Is this because of Vista 64? Will that patch someone mentioned earlier help? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a special patch you used to have to download in order for it to run properly on 64 bit systems. The newest unofficial patches from Wesp include the 64-bit patch as well. Here:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

Download "Unofficial English Patch 6.5 by Wesp (153MB)." It will include both the official 1.2 patch and the 64-bit patch I believe. Check his page out for more info. ;)

Thanks BMXJouster...got the patch and got it going. Fantastic game...can't believe how faithful they were to the pen and paper version. I always wished this came to a console though...I'm so used to console gaming, playing with a mouse & keyboard feels so weird to me. :twisted:

[quote name='Donnums']I don't know about the PC version of Stubbs but I highly recommend the game otherwise. I got it for XBox 3+ years ago and had a lot of fun with it. It used Halo's engine(and you can tell - the menus and controls look fairly similar). It's about 8 hours or so and you'll have a good time with it. I thought it was horribly, horribly underrated and I wish they'd make a sequel for it though I doubt it'll ever happen because of low sales. You'll get some laughs out of it, and yes, the soundtrack is pretty awesome. [/QUOTE]

This.

I bought mine for $5 on Steam since I sold my Xbox version ages ago. Never played the PC one however.

[quote name='lilwiggum']Thanks for the link. Sounds like this game was extremely buggy upon it's release, but I'll give it a shot with this patch.[/QUOTE]

Yes the game certainly had it's share of bugs but, still a great game! :applause:

bread's done
Back