Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

I need to start spending more money. I might end up getting the complete set... too bad it doesn't come with Disgaea 1.

Edit: Yeah, it's gotta be the ultimate version... I wanna get everything there is for this game and I'm a sucker for soundtracks.

[quote name='Vinny']So, we order these through their store?[/quote]

Yes. And the complete set looks pretty killer. Just the game and the strategy guide will probably run you $75 if don't get any of their pre-order deals.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Yes. And the complete set looks pretty killer. Just the game and the strategy guide will probably run you $75 if don't get any of their pre-order deals.[/quote]

Jesus, you think the guide is going to be $25?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']bah, I wasnt going to tell anyone.

$74.99! Who do they think they are? Working Designs?[/quote]

Yeah I really considered keeping quiet on it, but I figured it would be posted soon enough anyways. Plus I've saved so much money here, I wanted to actually post a deal for once instead of just mooching off everyone elses.

Added some more stuff to the OP. The cover of the guide, and the free shipping upgrade through DJB.

If you dont care about the artbook or the manga, you can save a few bucks preordering just the game and getting the guide through doublejump with the better shipping.

Its all NIS, but Disgaea was published by Atlus as was Phantom Brave. They still assist in NIS publishing as far as I can tell, since a lot of their other games have been available at the Atlus store from time to time. Since they started their own NIS American subsidiary, they've been publishing in larger numbers than Atlus wouldve, I think.

Disgaea was published by Atlus because NIS didn't have a foothold for distribution in America yet.

After Disgaea though NIS was able to set up NISA (Nippon Ichi Software America) and now distributes their own games.

I was looking all over the page because I missed in the OP that it starts on Aug 1st. I'll be in for one of these thanks OP.

By the way, I really hope this becomes an increasingly popular trend with game publishers... getting Japan-style preorder orgies. It's always cool even if the stuff isn't that nice and you don't even feel bad about racking up an insane credit card bill... for a while.

This is just a bad, bad idea... their site is usually slow and their store is even slower, I can imagine the site continually going down when this goes on pre-order.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I wish the first part would've been included as well.[/QUOTE]

how many would paid 125 to 150 though if the first part was included

As Tony the Tiger would say, the 65 one looks GRRRRRRRREAT!!! I missed out on the first Disgaea, don't plan on missing out on the sequel.

Another good thing about ordering from the NIS site is the spending incentive plan they have. for every 100 you spend, you get a coupon for the website. And having already spent 80 on the Palm Figures I'll be going over the coupon line with this pre order. It's a $10 coupon, so after this order I'll be getting a Prinny plushie for $10.

I'm not clear on how the point system works. I supposedly have some points from ordering figures, but I dont actually see where these points are or how to use them.

Do they charge your card when your pre-order or when they ship? I wont have the room on it right now, but when it ships I definately will.

I don't think the manga will be worth it.. they're selling it by itself so I don't see the point.

BTW, any idea if these packages will come in one big box (like, an actual display box- not a plain brown box) or will everything be packed separately?

Is it just me, or does Double Jump suck?

Brady gives you high quality guides which are large and easy to read for 10 dollars, DJ provides tiny guides with tiny print on many pages for double the price...

Um... is 1,000 artbooks really accurate? This dosen't seem to be worth the trouble, this will be sold out in 5 minutes.

It's almost like someone left off a 0.

And 1,000 artbooks amongst two different bundles?

[quote name='62t']hmm so $9 for a manga that I wont be able to read?[/quote]

wont it be in english since...well...this is nis america? plus it says "finally, the disgaea manga is coming to the states" or something to that effect when you click the manga picture

[quote name='furyk']It's just you. The Double Jump guides are awesome beyond belief.[/quote]

That's right, the DJ guides are fantastic. And they use new binding now so it won't fall apart like the makai guide did.

[quote name='swetooth9']wont it be in english since...well...this is nis america? plus it says "finally, the disgaea manga is coming to the states" or something to that effect when you click the manga picture[/QUOTE]
but it said "We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!"
I hope I am wrong but this makes me think the manga might be in japanese.

Oh, man! My N1 fanboyness will probably force me to order the $75 combo... Thanks for the tip, even if it isn't a cheap ass deal.

Overall it's only 25 more than you owuld pay for the game itself.

$25 for
Soundtrack
Manga
$20 Strategy Guide

is a pretty good deal.

fuck why can't they just scrap the soundtrack on the CD and give the FULL soundtrack to us on a DVD instead or give people a choice between the two. Btw what's the Prinny cursor?

[quote name='Sarang01']fuck why can't they just scrap the soundtrack on the CD and give the FULL soundtrack to us on a DVD instead or give people a choice between the two. Btw what's the Prinny cursor?[/QUOTE]
if it is on a dvd how would cd player be able to play it? that would be really limiting if they release music on a dvd.
I am gussing the cursor is like a cursor for pc.

But I mean do they mean in game or what 62? I said give people a choice. I'm so fucking sick of the idea you have to pay $50 for a full RPG set soundtrack because it's 4 cd's instead of being given the option to pay half that or less for it on a DVD which could contain all those tracks. It could be done because there are DVD walkmans for one. Right now almost all HK companies make these products but if America would be willing to bury the fucking worthless disc format known as the cd I'd be grateful.

[quote name='Roufuss']Um... is 1,000 artbooks really accurate? This dosen't seem to be worth the trouble, this will be sold out in 5 minutes.

It's almost like someone left off a 0.

And 1,000 artbooks amongst two different bundles?[/QUOTE]

they could lie just to force sales. they probally wont be numbered so there is no way you could really prove over 1000 was made. Also i hope they limit it to 1 per person cause you know some SOB will put an order in for 1000 and then sell them on ebay for 200 each

bread's done
Back