Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I feel a lot better giving my money directly to NIS rather than going through Gamestop.[/quote]

Ditto.

Indeed. I'll order the $75 one if I can. NIS needs a better store format whoever coded that is terrible.

as by 44 pages I mean 22 actual pages total front and back so its pretty thin...and somehow 1/10th of my 1 GB bandwidth has been eaten up

well, the pages are small. Maybe about the size of a dvd case. But yes, there is certainly a lot of information there. The entire back half is probably just charts

do you think there will be the same demand for this game as Disgaea 1? I mean, will this sell on eBay for way more?? Could I preorder one, and sell the whole package for double the price??

For those who have ordered from NIS before, do they take Paypal? I've got about 20 bucks in my PP account coming and I could use that towards Disgaea 2 and pay for the rest via CC.

Demand? I dont think so. They know the demand is there, and everything they've printed since Disgaea 1 is quite common and relatively cheap.

The artbook seems limited in the same way that the Makai Kingdom artbook was, in which case, it will be uncommon but not valuable.

If it was a box set and not a bundle like Working Designs, then MAYBE.

So far I don't see preordering it elsewhere will get you the soundtrack CD. If the CD bonus is exclusive to NIS store only, I will most likely preorder it there.

Indeed. I'll order the $75 one if I can. NIS needs a better store format whoever coded that is terrible.

NIS America is a very, very small operation.

a SIX HUNDRED FORTY PAGE strategy guide?

As someone else stated the pages are small. Double Jump guides tend to be modeled after standard Japanese video game guides, which tend to be around the same size. However, compared to American guides, Double Jump guides tend to be very thorough and they chart every single thing out.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea... I might be passing too. If it was a full fledged art book I might bite, but I'm already getting the game + guide + soundtrack CD at Gamestop as it is. Game + guide are $66 if bought together at Gamestop (thanks to the 20% off the guide when bought with the game), soundtrack is free as a preorder bonus, and after tax it's the same price you'll be paying from NIS for the "gamer pack" + shipping.

Maybe if it was packaged in an LE format, that would definitely be worth it, but I'm not going to frantically try and get my order through for a mini art book which they only have 1,000 of, which still seems like its way too small of a number.

But wait, you get a manual download and a prinny cursor! I have no interest in that stuff.[/quote]you're only saying this to try to sway the rest of us to not compete with you for the 1000 artbooks!

[quote name='banpeikun']you're only saying this to try to sway the rest of us to not compete with you for the 1000 artbooks![/QUOTE]

Meh, the more I think about it the more I agree with him. I have kinda been going over it in my head the last week and this probally wont be worth as much as Disgaea was, the extras arnt that great and again its 50/50 if it will go up in value....and when you really think about it buying this 1 game with its extras alone will cost as much as buying Guitar Hero...and almost half as much as the preorder of my Wii.

[quote name='62t']but it said "We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!"
I hope I am wrong but this makes me think the manga might be in japanese.[/QUOTE]

Broccoli Books will be translating the manga into English. Their booth at Comic Con had a lot of Disgaea merch (which is the same items on sale at the NIS booth)

Got a response to my message worrying about people ordering 50 copies.

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us at NIS America. We are glad to hear that you and others are so interested in our products. There will be a limit of 5 pre-order sets per order for Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. We believe that should allow everyone who orders early on to get the art book with their order. Thank you for being such a great fan of our titles.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

NIS America, Inc.

You wrote:

I was wondering if your limiting the Disgaea 2 preorder bonuses to one per order. Iv been talking to alot of online friends and message boards and alot of people are scared to preorder the $65 or $75 packages because they dont think they will get their art book. Alot of people are worried a few jerks are going to order multiple copies just to ebay preorder bonuses leaving people like us out of luck when we order to find no art book.

[quote name='appleyum']Is it up? I went to NIS shopping site I don't even see it[/quote]

Just like where you don't see in the first post where it says August 1st @ 10am? ;)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Got a response to my message worrying about people ordering 50 copies.

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us at NIS America. We are glad to hear that you and others are so interested in our products. There will be a limit of 5 pre-order sets per order for Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. We believe that should allow everyone who orders early on to get the art book with their order. Thank you for being such a great fan of our titles.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

NIS America, Inc.

You wrote:

I was wondering if your limiting the Disgaea 2 preorder bonuses to one per order. Iv been talking to alot of online friends and message boards and alot of people are scared to preorder the $65 or $75 packages because they dont think they will get their art book. Alot of people are worried a few jerks are going to order multiple copies just to ebay preorder bonuses leaving people like us out of luck when we order to find no art book.[/QUOTE]

should been limit 1 per household. Even at 5 per order that is only 200 orders an it be sold out.

If you order and dont get the art book just disput the charges . I know that is what im going to do

5 per pre-order?

There is no way that artbook is limited to 1,000, I don't believe it at all. Like Slidecage said, that is a maximum of only 200 people if hoarders get in on it... all NIS is going to do is royally piss off a ton of fans who didn't get it.

Since Disgaea is #1 seller and high demand title. I think ATLUS have big plans for Disgaea 2 (no-more limited print), you endup find this game for $30 or cheaper after 6-8 months.

[quote name='groundskeeper']For me the NIS online Fulfillment site this is supposed to sell through has considerably slowed down since 10:00 EST.[/QUOTE]

Awesome... the damn thing is going to crash probably.

[quote name='Roufuss']Awesome... the damn thing is going to crash probably.[/QUOTE]

Well when I first posted I could at least move around waiting about 30-45 seconds per page to load. Now I just get timeouts. Also I did not see the bundles posted yet.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Well when I first posted I could at least move around waiting about 30-45 seconds per page to load. Now I just get timeouts. Also I did not see the bundles posted yet.[/QUOTE]

Same as you.. I don't even think I'm going to bother with this anymore.

Oh yeah! The engines, she canna handle it captain! She's gonna BLOW!

I don't even know WHY I want in on this, I never finished the first one. I liked it, it just got to be too much time spent leveling the new characters I got.
I think I am craving it because of the rarity factor! *pardon the rambling*

was the question answered about whether or not methods of payment are gonna be charged when the order is placed for Disagea 2?? Sorry if I looked and didn't see it.

[quote name='soliddragon']I don't even know WHY I want in on this, I never finished the first one. I liked it, it just got to be too much time spent leveling the new characters I got.
I think I am craving it because of the rarity factor! *pardon the rambling*[/quote]

It's because of the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition...We're all freaking out!!!

[quote name='Number83']I thought it was supposed to be 10:00 PST...1:00 EST. And I too get timeouts. This is going to end badly...[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are right. I was just checking in early since I expected that at 10:00 EST there might be a flood. I wanted to see if I should try and waste my time at 1:00 EST if the site is going to be unusable.

Yah I'm kinda considering getting the $75 one but damn the site is laggy and the bundles aren't even up there yet.

Oh and I am also wondering, like a previous poster, when the charge will go through on the Pre-Order (ie. at time of purchase or upon shipping); I didn't see anything on the site mentioning it thus far but I was wondering if anyone had done a pre-order through the NIS site before.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

[quote name='icebeast']Yah I'm kinda considering getting the $75 one but damn the site is laggy and the bundles aren't even up there yet.

Oh and I am also wondering, like a previous poster, when the charge will go through on the Pre-Order (ie. at time of purchase or upon shipping); I didn't see anything on the site mentioning it thus far but I was wondering if anyone had done a pre-order through the NIS site before.

PeaceOut->
icebeast[/quote]

Ice, I'm trying to get ahold of NIS's offices in California to see about this.

when i bought the disgaea figures the day they came out, site would time out when i pressed "submit order."

so i didn't actually know if the order went through or not. In the end it worked out though so it's cool.

however, this site is going to get bogged down come 1:00 pm est

Hour? Its crashed now. I have been trying to get on the store for 40 minutes and have only once got the top banner to show. Most of the time I just get a blank page.

well, since we've had no confirmation or denial about the D2 units being billed immediately ... I might as well and say I'm getting the $75 package

I think it is time of shipment. I seem to remember my Atelier Iris charge not even showing up on my card till like 2 weeks after I got the game. May be different now though, that was a year ago.

Haha great it about to blow and yeah I remember seeing 10:00 PST which makes sense because they are based in CA. The Site is so dieing.

[quote name='psincubus']when i bought the disgaea figures the day they came out, site would time out when i pressed "submit order."

so i didn't actually know if the order went through or not. In the end it worked out though so it's cool.

however, this site is going to get bogged down come 1:00 pm est[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up on that one, because I really would have been worried on a $75 charge if when I hit submit order the site timed out; especially because I would not be willing to hit it again for fear of being double charged.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

bread's done
Back