Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

[quote name='Roufuss']lol 1000 artbooks my ass, what liars, unless this thing is barely being preordered.[/quote]

Well, consider the fact that the early orders seem to be in the 3500's from what I see and the latest order number is 3900, it's easy to see there's still artbooks. Even if they gave 150 to DJ, that leaves like 400 artbooks for NIS. I was gonna order it from them, but I think I'll just wait for it to come out and buy it with the strategy guide then, just cause I'll wanna play this as soon as possible and if I order it from NIS, I'll most likely have to wait till Labor Day weekend since it'd be shipped to my house and my college starts the 29th.

The game will most likely ship from California. The last time I ordered from nisamerica, they shipped via UPS Ground, and it took 7 days to reach NJ. People in CA reported getting the game the next day.

Still looks like the Art Book is available...NIS has created an artificial shortages, just like Microsoft and the 360. (Just kidding I love Microsoft!)

Disgaea™ Complete Set
+ Disgaea™ 2 Game
+ Strategy Guide
+ Disgaea™ Manga

Included Bonus Items:
-Art Book
-Best of Disgaea™ 2 Soundtrack
-Manual Data
-Prinny Mouse Cursor (for PC)

Just wanted to let you know that your order came in time to get one
of the art books.

Regards,
Martin

whoo hooo ... i got this around 12:40am this morning.

People complaining about artifical shortages and 1000 artbooks my ass are clueless. They still have artbooks because they haven't taken a thousand orders yet. How hard is this to understand?

I already made a post saying that the online store manager told me there were still plenty of complete sets with artbooks available. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about right now. I guess nobody saw it.

I think I finally realized how crazy people are to fuss over an artbook.

I used to jump on every NIS preorder, but I honestly don't have 300+ hours to sink into these games.

Hopefully someone will provide some scans of the pieces.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']People complaining about artifical shortages and 1000 artbooks my ass are clueless. They still have artbooks because they haven't taken a thousand orders yet. How hard is this to understand?[/QUOTE]

NIS doesn't have 1000 artbook to begin with. 150 or so was allocated to DoubleJump's online store.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I already made a post saying that the online store manager told me there were still plenty of complete sets with artbooks available. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about right now. I guess nobody saw it.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone ordered through NIS. I ordered at 10:27 (the cutoff supposedly 10:45) through DJ and still haven't been confirmed.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']People complaining about artifical shortages and 1000 artbooks my ass are clueless. They still have artbooks because they haven't taken a thousand orders yet. How hard is this to understand?[/quote]

I'm just having some fun. And I don't beleive in artificial 360 shortages either. Like I said, just having some fun. :D

I ordered from the NIS store at around 10am this morning and I was order #4099. I completely forgot about this yesterday! Hopefully I still get the artbook, but I cant check my email from work, so I wont know till I get home today.

Yeah, I never got an email from DJ about the artbook. My order was at 10:51am, so it looks like I missed it. Glad I also placed that order with NISA.

I also never recieved an email regarding my cancellation request from DJ. Hopefully it's sitting in my inbox when I get home from work, I'd hate for them to give me a hard time about cancelling, especially since they charged my card already.

I think a lot of the CAGer's just over-estimated the demand for this item. Just goes to show that games like these are still some-what niche, I guess.

Placed an order last night after 10:30 PST I came home, and got an order # through NIS in the later 3900's. Didn't wanted to deal with DJ after all. Anybody who still wants a copy should order it today! There's no guarantee that it will still be there by tomorrow.

Nis's order confirmations don't tell you if you got a book as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Puffa469']I ordered from the NIS store at around 10am this morning and I was order #4099. I completely forgot about this yesterday! Hopefully I still get the artbook, but I cant check my email from work, so I wont know till I get home today.[/quote]

cant wait till Sept when people start to complain they didnt get their art book or the ART book sucks LOL

i got everything but im very tempted to cancell this order. 80 bucks for a game is very very high.. Then again i did pay 45 bucks for used copy of the first one.

I probally end up dumping all the extras on ebay as soon as i get them (i might keep the art book, but i know for sure im dumping the guide. the manga and the rest of the junk)

all i wanted was the game and art book

[quote name='sega-trader']Nis's order confirmations don't tell you if you got a book as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

NIS claim that they will pull the artbook bundles from the website when it runs out. So, if it listed the artbook when you ordered, then you got the artbook.

[quote name='hohez']Woke up to find my email from Martin.

Boo Creepy foot doctor. Hoooray Doublejump![/QUOTE]

Me too :bouncy: My order was at 9:58.

I'm guessing most (if not all) that ordered through NIS yesterday must have got an art book, seeing how 850 or so art books were available there.

I think for those of you who ordered through DJ, between 10:00 to 11:00 am PST and missed out on the art book, should email NIS to see if they would allocate more art books to DJ orders. It wasn't our fault that the stupid NIS store wasn't working at the time that we were told to pre-order! Those who made an effort to pre-order within the hour deserve the bonus, IMO.

Good luck CAGs.

Did DoubleJump's website even say the artbook was limited. When I order from them yesterday I don't remember ever seeing anything about it being limited. For that matter the only reason I know NIS was limiting on their site was because I read the press release first, Nothing is mentioned on the store's page.

Here is the email i got about my order with dj..

of the art books.

Regards,
Martin

I wanted to know if anyone got a link to the manual? I replied back asking about it but have yet to hear. The NIS site still says that they have the art book, but thats hard to believe unless its not limitied to 1000.

[quote name='wbc1228']NIS claim that they will pull the artbook bundles from the website when it runs out. So, if it listed the artbook when you ordered, then you got the artbook.[/quote]

Well if thats the case then there are still artbooks available, cos I just checked the website this very minute and the bundles are all still listed there (with the artbook). So take that for what its worth, but there may still be coveted artbooks to be coveted. What?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Here is the email i got about my order with dj..

of the art books.

Regards,
Martin

I wanted to know if anyone got a link to the manual? [/quote]

You should have gotten an email with the title "Thank you for your order!" before the email telling you that you ordered in time for the artbook. In that email, there are links to the .pdf manual and Prinny Cursor with a password to unlock it.

From the DJ pubisher:

http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4111.0

Firstly, sorry for the confusion. Situations like this tend to cause a little disarray.

We've been speaking with NIS America about the situation and we've gotten an accurate count of the overall artbook quantities. The good news is that there are a lot more art books left than anticipated.

If your order number is lower than 24302, you will get an art book.

This means a very large chunk of the orders are getting them. We'll send another batch of E-Mails later this afternoon to confirm.

Guess I don't have to cancel, but I'm guessing that there'll be a hundered or so less availible from NISA since DJ took some of their spares so I'd order now or keep your DJ order if it is under order number 24302.

Nice to see DJ help those who were fucked by the preorder rush.

NIS has gotten, and is going to continue to make so much money off my fanboy ass.

disgaeadvdcagsizeng9.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9104/disgaeadvdcagsizeng9.jpg

[quote name='trunks982']^ yea they came out a 12 Episodes series.[/QUOTE]

12 episodes, huh? And because it's anime, instead of getting all 12 episodes for $14.99 or $19.99, we'll get 3 episodes per DVD for $19.99.

I can't wait!!

I really hate the way they price animes compared to how we get US cartoon's packaged... something like 26 episodes for a straight $30 - $35.

pff the anime is pretty bad except for maybe the first episode and the last 2-3 episodes...Ill consider buying when it becomes cheap as a box set or thin pack

[quote name='fff398']pff the anime is pretty bad except for maybe the first episode and the last 2-3 episodes...Ill consider buying when it becomes cheap as a box set or thin pack[/QUOTE]
You took the words right out of my mouth.

[quote name='Shiro']From the DJ pubisher:

Firstly, sorry for the confusion. Situations like this tend to cause a little disarray.

We've been speaking with NIS America about the situation and we've gotten an accurate count of the overall artbook quantities. The good news is that there are a lot more art books left than anticipated.

If your order number is lower than 24302, you will get an art book.
[/quote]
I got this e-mail a little while ago when I inquired if I was going to receive the art book. Looks like I got my order in just in time since my order number is 24250. Let's hope this is all true and won't turn into a debacle in a month when we get our packages in the mail.

Aaron

[quote name='Roufuss']12 episodes, huh? And because it's anime, instead of getting all 12 episodes for $14.99 or $19.99, we'll get 3 episodes per DVD for $19.99.

I can't wait!!

I really hate the way they price animes compared to how we get US cartoon's packaged... something like 26 episodes for a straight $30 - $35.[/quote]

Unfortunately that's licensing costs for anime. And a lot of the time the Japanese companies insist that the US releases occur that way. I've never bought FLCL because it's 6 episodes on THREE DVDs, but the US publisher (I forget who, Bandai?) even flat out said that Gainax required them to do that in order to get the US rights. It's crap, but I don't blame the US companies. Personally I wait, eventually for almost everything they will release a really cheap box set, or you can pick them up used/cheap on amazon. I've been picking up tons of slightly older series dirt cheap, like I got the Escaflowne complete set new for $34 at Best Buy and Outlaw Star Perfect Collection at $39 at Best Buy, unimaginable prices a couple years ago.

[quote name='Roufuss']12 episodes, huh? And because it's anime, instead of getting all 12 episodes for $14.99 or $19.99, we'll get 3 episodes per DVD for $19.99.

I can't wait!!

I really hate the way they price animes compared to how we get US cartoon's packaged... something like 26 episodes for a straight $30 - $35.[/QUOTE]

American cartoons:
*Gets money from commericals for each airing
*Gets money from products sold in major stores
*Gets money from licensing to other companies for showing in other countries
*Gets money from DVD sales

Most anime in America:
*Gets money from a small amount of DVD sales
*Might get money from a few products sold in Suncoast stores and online

I've never bought FLCL because it's 6 episodes on THREE DVDs, but the US publisher (I forget who, Bandai?) even flat out said that Gainax required them to do that in order to get the US rights. It's crap, but I don't blame the US companies.

Another good point. In Japan, it costs A LOT more, so often the publishers do stuff like this (as well as giving lower quality RAWs to US companies, etc.) so Japanese people don't import the cheaper US versions to Japan.

More from the DJ forums:

http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4103.45

Just so it's clear, DoubleJump books orders no longer will recieve the art books so if you want one, you should order from NIS America now as they have a few left.

All that's left is NISA now...

Also, I made an inquiry to NISA earlier in the morning about the status of books left and got this response two hours ago...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking time to contact us.

As to this moment, about one hundred artbooks are left.

I cannot give you an estimated time when it will be sold out, since I realized that a lot of people are re-ordering since their transaction did not complete.

Thank you again for your support!

Sincerely,

Online Store Manager,

NIS America, Inc.

This was from two hours ago... I'd order now if you still want the book...

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Unfortunately that's licensing costs for anime. And a lot of the time the Japanese companies insist that the US releases occur that way. I've never bought FLCL because it's 6 episodes on THREE DVDs, but the US publisher (I forget who, Bandai?) even flat out said that Gainax required them to do that in order to get the US rights. It's crap, but I don't blame the US companies.[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that explanation anymore cause ADV's re-released alot of series including NGE at budget price, they also price some of DVDs that are normally $20 to as low as $5 when they have sales on their site, there's no way they can absorb such a huge amount if the licensing fees are that expensive, these US companies are just being greedy by gorging on the otakus

[quote name='NeoStrider']I don't buy that explanation anymore cause ADV's re-released alot of series including NGE at budget price, they also price some of DVDs that are normally $20 to as low as $5 when they have sales on their site, there's no way they can absorb such a huge amount if the licensing fees are that expensive, these US companies are just being greedy by gorging on the otakus[/QUOTE]

Key word there being RE-released... which means they already made most of their money on the first release, and can afford to budget-price their older titles (or they're just cutting bait and selling what they can for whatever price they can get). I mean, that's like saying why don't all videogame companies just release their games at the 10 dollar pricepoint, since a lot of these games are available for that price in clearance sales months later.

I have no doubt that anime companies are making money (and that, to a certain extent, some Japanese licensors are gouging them), but they're not gouging us, and it's unfair to compare anime releases with domestic stuff that made the bulk of it's money elsewhere.

Anyway, good luck to all those who got in for the artbook!

I'm really starting to wonder if this was a mistake... the artbooks been available for a mighty long time now.:whistle2:k I'm gonna be pissed if I find out I jumped the gun due to a miscalculation by NIS. I normally don't like paying retail for something less there's good reason (like an artbook).

Crap, I hope I made it in time for the artbook. I totally forgot about the preordering starting yesterday until about half an hour ago and quickly ordered one at NIS. I didn't notice if it said in parentheses on the site if it was without artbook, but my order confirmation says DISGAEA 2 GAMER SET (WITH ARTBOOK). I tried putting one in the cart several minutes later after reading some of this thread and it shows up on the side saying DISGAEA 2 GAMER SET WITHOUT ARTBOOK. However both times a warning popped up saying something about current levels are inufficiant to cover this item.

[quote name='fujishig']Key word there being RE-released... which means they already made most of their money on the first release, and can afford to budget-price their older titles[/QUOTE]

point is they still have to pay licensing fees on these re-releases so they couldn't have been that high for them to be able to now sell these DVDs for half the price

[quote name='NeoStrider']point is they still have to pay licensing fees on these re-releases so they couldn't have been that high for them to be able to now sell these DVDs for half the price[/QUOTE]

They pay the licensing fee up front, they sell it at normal price, they make their money. A year later, and they still have the license until year 2XXX, and the release is getting old, so they re-release it at a lower price. And sometimes they re-release them again. The ADV 5 dollar sales are clearance sales. Not sure what you mean by having to afford the same licensing fees.

BAck on topic: The "stock not available" warning was given to everyone because this is a preorder, and there is no stock yet... it's not an indication of whether you're getting an artbook or not.

[quote name='fujishig']The "stock not available" warning was given to everyone because this is a preorder, and there is no stock yet... it's not an indication of whether you're getting an artbook or not.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I hoped that was the case. I guess that means I was one of the very last orders to get the artbook before they changed their site to say they're without artbooks.

[quote name='fujishig']They pay the licensing fee up front [/quote]

Almost no licensing fees are payed up front, they are almost always based on per unit sold. Such as in video games, where in order to say release a game for XBOX360 a 3rd party company must pay microsoft a licesning fee for every game they sell in order to get the rights to release their game on the XBOX360 console.

The basic idea behind per sale licensing I believe is that both companies end up basically preventing themselves from getting screwed, if the game sells immensely well the company that owns the license still gets all they are due (which they might not if they underestimate how well the item would sell), but if the game sells terribly the company who is using the license didn't kill themselves by paying a huge up front lump sum for a license.

[edit]Oh on a rerelease it is quite possible that the license owner may lower the cost per unit; as a rerelease would I believe be considered to be a different product and thus warrent a new agreement. In most cases what gets rereleased is usually stuff that sold fairly well to begin with so the licenese owner already made quite a bit of money from the original release; so they might be willing to cut the publisher some slack on a more value priced rerelease that is bound to sell even more copies of the product (a good anaology to videogames is of course the Greatest Hits/ Platnium Hits/ Player Choice all of which are value priced rereleases of games that sold well).

PeaceOut->
icebeast

bread's done
Back