Disgaea 3 pre order bundles are up on rosenqueen

[quote name='LiK']is the flag that bad? how big is it? i'd like the artbook but the flag design looks alright.[/quote]
It's not that bad, in and of itself. If it was just straight offered as a bonus, it would be pretty cool.

However, since you would be getting it INSTEAD of a CD or art book, it sucks. It's not that the flag by itself is all that bad; it's that it would represent coming in 3rd place in the lottery.

I'm enough of a Disgaea fan to get the $90 bundle and not regret it if I get the flag. It looks to be a decent size...the artbook would be sweet, as will be the soundtrack (although technically both are up on the internet already anyway >_>)...

I knew this was going to be a day one purchase for me :D

[quote name='Monroeski']It's not that bad, in and of itself. If it was just straight offered as a bonus, it would be pretty cool.

However, since you would be getting it INSTEAD of a CD or art book, it sucks. It's not that the flag by itself is all that bad; it's that it would represent coming in 3rd place in the lottery.[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head.

Thing is about the cd, you are already getting two soundtracks, so getting a third one isn't really all that great either. Getting an artbook would be WAY better.

The artbook is a cool collector's item, but won't all that art be in the big artbook later anyway (like the ones for Disgaea and Disgaea 2 that Brocolli's been releasing in the US?)

Now I'm torn. It's either Soul Caliber 4 Collector's Edition (for the 360, faceplate pre-order) or Disgaea® 3: Absence of Justice No.1 Honor Student Set. This sucks.

If it was a definite thing for the soundtrack and/or artbook, I'd go Disgaea but I'm in the same boat with basically everyone else who doesn't want a flag.

[quote name='robbart914']Watch the flag be the super limited one they only make 100 of.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking otherwise..the flag is probably the cheapest thing to produce so it'll probably be the most abundant. I'm guessing the artbook will easily be the most limited.

Either way, this is a shady move by NIS.

Will wait for Amazon to have it on sale. Don't need any of the other stuff. The Double Jump books would be neat though.

Might be interesting if they gave some sort of idea what might be in this "Digital Media Disc"... Random prizes seem like a bad thing though. Anyone know if they charge sales tax in CA? I really hate not being able to tell that before I order.

Oh, and I suppose I'll eventually have to pick up a PS3. :p

If I was guaranteed the soundtrack I would order the premium bundle then I would order. I have no need for the artbook or flag.

[quote name='b3b0p']Will wait for Amazon to have it on sale. Don't need any of the other stuff. The Double Jump books would be neat though.[/quote]

they said over on their forums that Amazon should be getting the Disgaea 3 guide up for preorder soon anyways

[quote name='robbart914']Watch the flag be the super limited one they only make 100 of.[/quote]
If that is the case, then I would be able to sell my flag for more than enough money to get a soundtrack and art book on ebay. :D

I think the flag may be cool. It says they were used in Japanese stores, so they are probably pretty big (maybe like 5 feet x 2 feet or something) I wouldn't mind having some massive flag like this.

I got the $90 one of course and I think it will be cool. I really like my previous M K limited edition I got before and I look forward to adding this to my collection.

normally i would preorder the best bundle...but the whole you get a random item just pisses me off, give everyone the same thing...Ill buy retail/used/sale price elsewhere

Rosenqueen is NIS America's official store and in the U.S. so shipping shouldn't be too bad. Not liking the random item offer at all. I'll still probably buy it though...

[quote name='CaoPi']how are the shipping fees? I never even heard of this site before[/quote]

My total was $88.22, no tax so shipping was about $8.25 for Priority Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
pre-ordered 3 No.1 bundles, and I've emailed them about getting different bonuses, hopefully I will receive some positive response~^

[quote name='aznguyen316']no one answered my Q..

how are reviews for this game over in Japan? as good as the others?[/quote]

Famitsu gave it 8/8/8/8

[quote name='aznguyen316']no one answered my Q..

how are reviews for this game over in Japan? as good as the others?[/quote]

NIS games are all the same (except Soul Nomad and La Pucelle).

They have tweaks and this one has higher-resolution graphics, but they're all pretty much the same game.

That said I own Makai, Disgaea 1 and 2 and Phantom Brave. ;)

A cd would be nice with the normal bundle, but with $8 for shipping, and then tax, I'd feel really lame to just make a pretentious purchase for a bonus I have no use for; in the end If I cared about the music, I'd dl the cd.

I guess I'll save money and buy from amazon. I'm glad the price for this game isn't $59 like most, since it is a bit outdated.

Anyone know when they might stop taking preorders, like a week before release or something? I kind of need to wait a while before I can plunk down the cash for this.

I'll end up getting the No 1. version, since I want the guide and Art CD. Wish they didn't charge your card immediatly, otherwise I'd plunk down the order right now.

Just ordered from them today. So far only 7 left, the last time I checked. They're selling out fast, so anybody holding out, better get it now by today or tomorrow the latest.

Edit: Meant the "Honour Student" Set, as that's the one with the extra goodies that will make this set the "rarest" to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NolbertoS']Just ordered from them today. So far only 7 left, the last time I checked. They're selling out fast, so anybody holding out, better get it now by today or tomorrow the latest.

Edit: Meant the "Honour Student" Set, as that's the one with the extra goodies that will make this set the "rarest" to have.[/quote]

Now, only 4 in stock. I just ordered on myself, thanks for the heads-up!

I'd consider ordering one, but I don't really think it'll be worth an insane amount. I still don't like that the last bonus item is random (1/3). :/ I want the damn art book.

As I was posting that there was one left, they're now all gone. Good luck to everyone that ordered it, and may you get a random item that you actually want.

I think the days of rare Atlus titles are long gone. Atlus finally wised up and realized low print runs means less dollars in their pockets. They seem to print more as people demand titles. I'm a sucker for art books, but I already have the hardcover from the first game.

I'll wait for the inevitable price drop like just about every other title. I have yet to play through any Disgaea, although my PSP version is primed and ready.

[quote name='misbitski']I think the days of rare Atlus titles are long gone. Atlus finally wised up and realized low print runs means less dollars in their pockets. They seem to print more as people demand titles. I'm a sucker for art books, but I already have the hardcover from the first game.

I'll wait for the inevitable price drop like just about every other title. I have yet to play through any Disgaea, although my PSP version is primed and ready.[/quote]

You are exactly right except for the fact that Atlus has nothing to do with this title.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You are exactly right except for the fact that Atlus has nothing to do with this title.[/QUOTE]

I thought NIS and Atlus partnered on this like the first one?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/885/885388p1.html

Either way, I'd say the company is interchangeable. All these niche titles seem to have the same publishing strategy anymore. Having a low print run makes it seem rarer and more collectible. It's a time-based thing though...wait a few months and they make more or do a re-release. The only items in short supply seem to be the preorder bonuses.

[quote name='misbitski']I thought NIS and Atlus partnered on this like the first one?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/885/885388p1.html

Either way, I'd say the company is interchangeable. All these niche titles seem to have the same publishing strategy anymore. Having a low print run makes it seem rarer and more collectible. It's a time-based thing though...wait a few months and they make more or do a re-release. The only items in short supply seem to be the preorder bonuses.[/quote]

Yeah, they are just distributing where as they published the first title. You seem to be mostly right as under printed titles certainly don't exist very often anymore.

ANyway, *pleads to the overlords for the 3rd soundtrack*

Well, hell. Thought that it would have been in stock for a very long time much like their other sets have been in the past. Oh well, saves me some money.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can anybody here let me know what size the Disgaea 2 limited Japanese artbook was?[/quote]
About the size of a slim DVD case.

bread's done
Back