Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness for PSP $29.99 @ Amazon

I've been trying to find this one used/complete at GS (I know, odds are close to 0% for that), so for $30 new, I jumped on it no question.

Don't forget it's 30.00 at BestBuy too.

My store locator said all local stores were sold out, but I found one yesterday when I went there :D

[quote name='eau']I just placed an order. I doubt it will get cheaper than this.

Has the guide been pennied yet?[/quote]

Actually there's and PDF file of the guide online, I believe its for Hour of Darkness though...

[quote name='Asgardian']meh.. I am weak, I caved and ordered a copy.. I need help man, I am buying too many games.. I don't even have a psp yet..[/quote]

Pft...loser. At least I have a PSP to go along with my "gotta catch 'em all" addiction with console/handheld/PC games. :lol:

Well I did something stupid, I went ahead and picked disgaea up off amazon after I just told myself I need to slow down on my game spending. Damn you amazon and your fantastic prices! This makes my third game purchase this week!

My order just shipped ! holy crap!

Looks like a few marketplace sellers have them new for $34 shipped.

Hard to find game, REPRINT????

Not in stock at GQD

A big ebay seller has tons of them for $36 shipped.

Must have been reprinted.

It was mentioned in the psp forums that this was probably reprinted. Ebay was flooded (relatively) with new copies starting about a week ago, plus it was available from other retailers (such as on preorder at Best Buy with a release date of 4/17) and Amazon through other stores.

If it was indeed reprinted, hopefully it means they will get to work on a port of Disgaea 2 for psp after they port AoD to the DS.

[quote name='eau']Is $29.99 an universal price drop?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

Most places don't / won't carry it anymore (except an eTailer similar to GQD).

Some people have suggested a reprint. It's possible there was excess inventory at the manufacturer, which was bought up by other distributors.

I think a lot of people bought the Amazon.com copies. Now, these people are listing these up at various places like eBay. The price should fall for a while, so you may want to check out other sources for a copy.

So tempted b/c of all the praise this series gets; but, other than Jeane D'Arc, I haven't spent much time with this genre since Shining Force II on the SEGA Genesis. Would this game be too difficult for me to enjoy it?

[quote name='AwRy108']So tempted b/c of all the praise this series gets; but, other than Jeane D'Arc, I haven't spent much time with this genre since Shining Force II on the SEGA Genesis. Would this game be too difficult for me to enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't SFII epic? They've infused a lot of depth in the genre since then. FFT and Disgaea are both heralded, but they're not as accessible as SF was for its time (nor Jeanne for the current period). Basically, if you have a solid sense of patience, they're probably more rewarding, but the learning curve is definitely steeper. Disgaea's pretty funny, especially if you're an anime fan. And FFT pretty epic. But even I've only played bits and pieces before I get overwhelmed. Your call.

29.99 is universal...i saw it for that price at GS and Walmart. The cool thing about waiting for this one is that I'm only paying $9.99. The first order they cancelled after 3 weeks by mistake, I got $10 off...and then DoYa had that $10 for recommending businesses, and that went there...so, $10 for a great game = awesome

and thank freaking god, it's being prepared to ship after waiting since February!

[quote name='robbart914']Wasn't SFII epic? They've infused a lot of depth in the genre since then. FFT and Disgaea are both heralded, but they're not as accessible as SF was for its time (nor Jeanne for the current period). Basically, if you have a solid sense of patience, they're probably more rewarding, but the learning curve is definitely steeper. Disgaea's pretty funny, especially if you're an anime fan. And FFT pretty epic. But even I've only played bits and pieces before I get overwhelmed. Your call.[/quote]

Thanks a ton for your thoughts--they've just saved me $30 on the point about being patient, because I am not.

[quote name='robbart914']Wasn't SFII epic? They've infused a lot of depth in the genre since then. FFT and Disgaea are both heralded, but they're not as accessible as SF was for its time (nor Jeanne for the current period). Basically, if you have a solid sense of patience, they're probably more rewarding, but the learning curve is definitely steeper. Disgaea's pretty funny, especially if you're an anime fan. And FFT pretty epic. But even I've only played bits and pieces before I get overwhelmed. Your call.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AwRy108']So tempted b/c of all the praise this series gets; but, other than Jeane D'Arc, I haven't spent much time with this genre since Shining Force II on the SEGA Genesis. Would this game be too difficult for me to enjoy it?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='AwRy108']Thanks a ton for your thoughts--they've just saved me $30 on the point about being patient, because I am not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I've disliked every Final Fantasy Tactics game I've played (always quit within a few hours), and most of these games are too hard for me.

Good to hear Jeane D'Arc isn't like that. I might pick it up now that it's $20 at Toy's R Us.

I loved Shining Force 2 (and Dragon Force was AWESOME). Some other games you might like are Vandal Hearts 1 on the Playstation 1 if you can find it, and the Gamecube Fire Emblem (I haven't played the Wii one yet and it's supposed to be WAY harder and got much worse reviews because of that). Vandal Hearts 1 I think almost anyone that liked Shining Force 2 would like.

I hate these games where you've got to reload thousands of times and memorize people's birth date and favorite food or whatever :lol:

The Sunnyvale Frys received three copies of Disgaea PSP and they were both priced at $29.99, so I can verify that this are not just amazon.com prices. All three copies were gone by the end of the weekend.

bread's done
Back