Disgaea DS $19.99 - Gamestop

^^

In store, they can sell you a display copy and there is a chance that the game may have been used. It is a bitch.

Online, never. You'll get a sealed copy, end of story.

Really, this is a good deal but this will have to wait for me.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Oh man. I've only one concern, does GS sell games actually new and sealed, or are the rumors true?[/quote]

yeah, what rumors? If gamestop has only one copy of a new game left, it is a gutted game. More than likely most stores only have 1-2 copies of Disgaea new, so many of the new copies at the stores will be gutted.

I'll still get the DS version over PSP for longer battery life. What's the point of pretty graphics and good audio if you can't play the damn game because battery is out.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I got Disgaea from Toysrus, and it was the canadian version. The manual was in French.[/QUOTE]

Check the first half of the manual for English. More and more companies are printing their case art and manuals in multiple languages these days.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I got Disgaea from Toysrus, and it was the canadian version. The manual was in French.[/quote]

NIS placed the French manual in the front, healthy and safety second, and... English manual all the way in the back.

For me, my DS and PSP battery life are about equal.

I prefer the PSP due to the widescreen format, speedier movement of Laharl around the dungeon, and higher resolution. The music is also much better!

[quote name='joe50000']I have both. The DS version is better because the PSP version is fucking slow.[/QUOTE]

I think you stated that backwards; movement in the PSP version is much faster.

I never played the other versions of Disgaea, so the DS version which I have (54+ hours in now, woo!) plays fine for me. What really makes the game for me is having the top screen display the top-down map of the level. That REALLY makes item worlds much easier to battle in, not to mention planning Geo Panel chains :D It's also great for getting an idea of where your team members are, where they're facing, and if they still have one or two actions left (Move and/or Attack/Special).

There's also the Etna mode (which I think is in the PSP version, too), Prinny Commentary, and Pleinar as an unlockable character.

If the DS is all you have, then you are not missing out on anything - just buy it and enjoy one of the best SRPGs ever. This is a terrific price, folks!

Really? I thought the PSP version was slower. Oh well, to each his own. I like the stylus control too.

I snagged this at a B&M and it was actually sealed! although it was shrink wrap, not the factory sealing. The manager told me it was because people steal that game a lot so they had to put a security tag in it. I've seen it done at BB and Fry's, so i have no reason to doubt it...

[quote name='jacknicklson']NIS and Atlus titles dropping faster than the Deadskins[/quote]

That was a low blow man. At least they stole one from you this year...

Anyway, is there a drop in the PsP version also or just the DS?

Apparently you really like it :D This is just an inferior port of the PSP version though. The reviews said they did an amazing job getting it crammed onto the DS, but it only makes sense if you for some reason don't own a PSP.

I own it on PS2, PSP, and DS. The DS version is the one I actually play.

Then again, I just don't really like my PSP much. Even with the slim, the form factor's just not as comfy as a DS Lite.

bread's done
Back