Disney Infinity AKA Disney Skylanders

I hope so too. There's no way in hell they're possibly content with the Fall releases and nothing else for 2-3 years until Infinity 2. I mean, seriously right.

I have an extra of the following to trade:

Buzz Lightyear rare

Aladdin elephant rare

Rapunzal

Mickey Mouse Car

Cinderella coach

So we picked this up over the weekend with the Cars playset. the sidekicks pack and two packs of power discs (and we already have a duplicate in there with the one that came with the game - ridiculously annoying).  TRU seemed to have the best deal (20% off starter set, buy one get one 50% off everything and second power disc pack for $1).  My son had some gift cards from his birthday so I only went out of pocket a few dollars. 

I didn't spend much time with it but it seems pretty good - definitely not as polished as I would have thought.  The figures are very nice - they are heavy and the paint job is excellent.  That said, they are really trying to squeeze every dollar out of you with this game.  In theory I'm OK with that approach but they are doing it in a blatently obvious way, which sucks.  I mean, who the crap wants Holly Shiftwell?  Of course Mater and Lightning are sold separately!

It took 10+ hrs to beat the Incredibles.  I thought it was a blast.  I'm currently working on Pirates and JUST the sea battles makes things worth it there.  Monsters U I have about 8 hrs put in.  Those are the ones that came with the game.  My Cars set is clocking in about 5-6 hrs of play time.

This isn't at ALL including playing in the Toybox.

Someone on GameFaqs went into the PS3 version and said there's files for everything that's been announced for the October release. That would be Skellington, Toy Story set, Sorcerer Mickey, and Wreck It Ralph I believe. As long as they make new content to sell I won't be bothered. They probably had all this in mind for the first wave but decided to hold it back so they could release something closer to the holidays. So I wouldn't label this one a Capcom YET since in all likilhood it was intended to be released at launch but then they realized they would have nothing else to sell until at least the new year.
There's a "Hall of Heroes" in the game that has pedestals and slots for every character and power disc they plan on releasing, so there's no reason to "go into" any of the versions to see what's coming up...

Yea but it's software, it's easily changeable as far as the Hall of Heroes is concerned.    Change a couple of bits and you have a whole different character or set.  Would they do that?  I don't know.  I don't THINK so.  Especially since some people don't have internet/updates so that'd be problematic for them.  But they COULD.  

Yea but it's software, it's easily changeable as far as the Hall of Heroes is concerned. Change a couple of bits and you have a whole different character or set. Would they do that? I don't know. I don't THINK so. Especially since some people don't have internet/updates so that'd be problematic for them. But they COULD.
They can't change it simply because of the Wii's limitation on internal storage space.

I doubt Disney wants to fragment the market like that.

I hope so too. There's no way in hell they're possibly content with the Fall releases and nothing else for 2-3 years until Infinity 2. I mean, seriously right.
I'm 100% sure it won't be 2-3 years. There will be a new one (or at a minimum an "update" disc) next Fall. Skylanders has managed to come out 3 years in a row now. And it ought to be easier for Infinity to have a new version since the engine needs very little change - just more content.

I have an extra of the following to trade:

Buzz Lightyear rare

Aladdin elephant rare

Rapunzal

Mickey Mouse Car

Cinderella coach
There is a trade thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318627-wtt-disney-infinity-power-discs/

Check my list there as I'd be interested in the Mickey Mouse car.

In theory I'm OK with that approach but they are doing it in a blatently obvious way, which sucks. I mean, who the crap wants Holly Shiftwell? Of course Mater and Lightning are sold separately!
Uh, the Cars set does have Lightning McQueen (TRU just has that stupid crystal version sold separately). But for sure their strategy on at least 2 of those expansions is to include one "good" character and one "weak" one with the other must have in a separate pack. So with Cars Mater is separate and even more egregious with the upcoming Toy Story pack Woody is not included (it has Buzz and Jessie). At least with the Lone Ranger pack there are only 2 characters - we were able to open the special vault in the level which was nice (it was full of Toy Box items). Opening the one in the Incredibles play set will be a pain since you need all FIVE characters for that. There's no way I want to buy all of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if this site and Skylanders has taught me anything it's these things should be constantly on sale the next few months or at least after the holiday season starts. I don't intend to pay retail for any new figures since they should be on deals sporadically. (Or I'll just buy a figure used since I'm gonna open it anyway)

Honestly, launch seemed like the cheapest time to get them.  Buying all of them in sets for half off beats the B1G150% that'll likely be in the future.  I wouldn't count on seeing a huge discount IMO.  Besides, if you pre-ordered the game you got a fig free.  After buying all the 3pks you were left buying Mater, Dash, Violet, Francesco.  All the other figs (minus Crystal Lightning) were bundled somehow.  Just my opinion.  I'm sure they'll be cheaper by how much.... even with sales Skylanders only really got good discounts on B-Friday... and that was for the Dregs in the barrel... not decent characters.

Definitely if you want to get into the game pre-Christmas, the launch sales were the best.  Though I think a lot of people picked up the figures/packs/power discs and held off on the Starter Pack.  That was probably a good move.  If anything gets cheap again before Christmas, it will be the Starter Pack.  Remember Amazon had the Skylanders Giants Starter Pack during a Black Friday lightning deal for $39 (and the game had just come out in mid-October).

As it was I got the Infinity starter set for just $40 from Fred Meyer ($25 gift card for that game combined with a generic $10 off $50 coupon).  But that was limited to OR/WA/AK (where there are Fred Meyer stores) and only lasted 2 days.  In any case, I'm glad I got it because the game is more fun than I anticipated and it probably won't get much cheaper than that if at all.  I could see $30-$35 maybe next Spring/Summer when they are gearing up for the next iteration.

I'll probably regret not getting more individual figures from the B1G1 50% off but I think I can do better than that.  If not, it is no big deal as I'm not trying to get them all anyway.  The nice thing about having Fred Meyer is the very frequently have $10 off $50 coupons for Electronics.  If they ever have a sale on the figures (which they did NOT at launch by the way) then I will most likely be able to combine the two and do better than B1G1 50% off.

They way I look at is I only paid $41.00 for the starter pack on launch day anyway. Since I pre-ordered I got the free figure ($14.00) and the free power disc pack ($5.00) plus I was able to knock $15.00 of the price with the TRU 20% off coupon. I was going to buy the figure and the power disc pack anyway so it worked out best to get it at launch for me.

They way I look at is I only paid $41.00 for the starter pack on launch day anyway. Since I pre-ordered I got the free figure ($14.00) and the free power disc pack ($5.00) plus I was able to knock $15.00 of the price with the TRU 20% off coupon. I was going to buy the figure and the power disc pack anyway so it worked out best to get it at launch for me.
Oh cool, I didn't know you could stack that coupon and the pre-order since the coupon wasn't activated until the 18th anyway.

My kids are loving this game.  I spent some time with it and it is fun because of all the Disney and the real world toys but honestly it seems like it could have been a PS2 game.  This game needed like 6 months to a year more of development time.  The graphics are terrible and the interfaces/menus are just dumb.  The controls are wonky and the missions (so far) have like zero creativity or thought.  Maybe I just need to keep playing to unlock stuff.  For some reason it is still fun though - just goes to show you how strong their properties are.

My kids are loving this game. I spent some time with it and it is fun because of all the Disney and the real world toys but honestly it seems like it could have been a PS2 game. This game needed like 6 months to a year more of development time. The graphics are terrible and the interfaces/menus are just dumb. The controls are wonky and the missions (so far) have like zero creativity or thought. Maybe I just need to keep playing to unlock stuff. For some reason it is still fun though - just goes to show you how strong their properties are.
Man, what. I'll all for subjectivity and what have you, but in what universe are the graphics in this game "terrible"?

Also, holy cow is the "No More Traps" mission in The Incredibles Playset infuriating...there's something like one or two left and I can't find them to save my life. I wish there were some sort of radar/waypoint for 'em.

Man, what. I'll all for subjectivity and what have you, but in what universe are the graphics in this game "terrible"?
The textures are horrible. Everything is flat and uninteresting. The character models are good (they look like the figures) but everything else is just so bland. I've only spent time with the Incredibles and Cars playsets though (and Cars is decent looking but still sparse). Also, the intro movie thing was amazing but the game seems to look nothing like that. Toy Story 3 seemed to look a lot nicer but maybe I just need to spend more time with it.

Umm when I had (one or two) of the Traps left... I missed the ones on the Hero Island.  Check there.  I wish I'd have made a list of all of them when I completed it.  One specifically,
I missed because the jail was in the way.

Umm when I had (one or two) of the Traps left... I missed the ones on the Hero Island. Check there. I wish I'd have made a list of all of them when I completed it. One specifically,
I missed because the jail was in the way.
I'm fairly certain I got all the ones there, but I'll double-check tonight.

I wish there was at least a counter so I know for certain that the game didn't glitch or something.

Yea, the only time you see the counter is when you destroy one.  :p  It sucked.  I used the incredicopter to get to all of them if it helps but there were a few on the ground behind destroyable objects.

Found two on the lower ledge of a building, but I'm at 29/30.

I think I'm going to stack about 4 hours onto this playset looking for that last one by itself.

Edit: Okay so...the last one was apparently at the top of one of the blue cranes in the game's intro. I don't recall seeing it but I was just flying around shooting and it triggered...I honestly think it was invisible or glitched into the level geometry.

So hey, someone found these on a concept artist's blogspot.

JP-Animal+turns-9-11.jpg

JP-Beaker+turns-9-11.jpg

JP-Fozzie+turns-9-11.jpg

JP-Gonzo+turns-9-11+copy.jpg

JP-Kermit+turns-9-11.jpg

JP-Piggy+turns-9-11.jpg

Hmm.

Some of the muppets are already in the toybox, and the Muppets Bus is one of the discs in Hall of Heroes.  It wouldn't surprise me, especially with ANOTHER Muppet movie in the works.

Ahhhh yea, those.. There were actually 4-5 in that starting area.  1 on each crane top, one on the right crane, one middle, one near the destroyed building.  I wonder if that was a clipping thing.  Cause I did the same thing.. just up and back, shooting anything that look like an anvil :)

Anybody else having problems with the flying mechanics of the game ? It seems broken trying to fly anything.

5 New Disney Toy Boxes are Available for Download !!

Cave of Wonders, Super Sidescroll, ESPN Speedway, Hot Lava & Wrestling Arena or now available for download! Go to Toy Box Share and then Disney's Toy Boxes to download. Anyone try them yet ?

Cave of Wonders - Race through the Cave of Wonders and Aladdin's Agrabah Palace. Compete against Cars characters or your friends! Super Sidescroll - Trigger the side scrolling camera to start. Then jump and bash your way through a classic game level. ESPN Speedway - Rev your engines! Race your friends around the stadium loop, brake for a pit stop, and celebrate with a victory lap. Hot Lava - Rope bridges are the only thing between you and flowing lava in this treacherous Toy Box. Watch your step! Wrestling Arena - Are you the Disney Infinity combat champ? Prove it in two tricked out wrestling rings!

Courtesy of Explicit Disney Infinity Fans Forum

No issues flying.  I've used the Incredicopter, the Green Army Man, the Dumbo.  Now, with the nunchuck it's really damned hard but with some practice... I can still shoot my daughter down more often than not.

5 New Disney Toy Boxes are Available for Download !!

Cave of Wonders, Super Sidescroll, ESPN Speedway, Hot Lava & Wrestling Arena or now available for download! Go to Toy Box Share and then Disney's Toy Boxes to download. Anyone try them yet ?

Cave of Wonders - Race through the Cave of Wonders and Aladdin's Agrabah Palace. Compete against Cars characters or your friends! Super Sidescroll - Trigger the side scrolling camera to start. Then jump and bash your way through a classic game level. ESPN Speedway - Rev your engines! Race your friends around the stadium loop, brake for a pit stop, and celebrate with a victory lap. Hot Lava - Rope bridges are the only thing between you and flowing lava in this treacherous Toy Box. Watch your step! Wrestling Arena - Are you the Disney Infinity combat champ? Prove it in two tricked out wrestling rings!

Courtesy of Explicit Disney Infinity Fans Forum
So these are the pre-made Toy Boxes? We haven't spent any time in the toy box yet.... I'm not sure my kids have the patience to actually create anything on their own.

I have a tendency to scratch packs when I'm at a store these days, just for the heck of it.

I found two rare packs at my local Wal-Mart today but I didn't buy 'em because I'm so close to a full set that I don't want to get any more duplicates.

The only two rares I need (out of what's available) are Dumbo and Buzz...it's definitely possible that those two rares I found today were exactly those two, but then I'd get two "common" extra discs that I don't need. Blah.

How do you remove misplaced items in the toy box?
Equip the magic want and point at the object you want to remove and then press B.

So I downloaded the pre-made toy boxes and the kids are playing around in them. Is there a point to it or is it just something to run around and do stupid stuff in? We just started messing around - I like the action items and switches and stuff. I'm sure you could get really creative. Is there a way to make a race - like have 2 characters race from point A to point B and the game actually determine a winner and loser? Can you get that complex?

bread's done
Back