Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
BB does not price match and do GCU on top. So, this is a little bit of a deal, which is nice. I do not need to rush out to get the GotG playset.
I don't see anything in my post you quoted about pricematching at BB. I said Walmart to get the $25 price and a $10 giftcard. Maybe I'm just tired.

Well, answering my own question...

I just got back from Walmart with the intention of picking up Rocket, Venom, Anna, Elsa and hopefully Vanellope. They didn't have the latter, but I grabbed the first four. Not a single one that they scanned indicated the free $5 gift card. I told the guy that it was in the sales flier after it didn't scan on Anna, and at first he stated that they had to be Marvel characters. So I had him scan Venom, then he stated that it had to be Marvel Heroes. So I had him scan Rocket. Then he stated that they had to be one of the three characters shown in the ad (Thor, Captain America, Hulk.) He grabbed a Captain America and scanned him, and sure enough, it indicated $5 gift card.

So yeah, sale is apparently only on the three figures in the ad. :(
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but thank you very very much for trying those figures and reporting back.

I price matched:

• Spiderman Playset for $25 + $10 gift card at walmart
  • Marvel Starter Kit $40 + $20 gift card at walmart

Then bought Donald, Mickey, and Baymax for $8 each at Best Buy.

I price matched:

• Spiderman Playset for $25 + $10 gift card at walmart
  • Marvel Starter Kit $40 + $20 gift card at walmart
Then bought Donald, Mickey, and Baymax for $8 each at Best Buy.
Didnt get the giftcard at walmart for PM. Guess the staff jnew it was double dippung or something. Oh well. Getting my singles at bestbuy then.

I stopped at Toys R Us after work.

Saw that they had a sale going on, get five Disney Infinity Power Packs for $5 (does not include the Gold Packs or 2.0 packs.)  The sale was still going that gave a free Power Pack with each character purchase, though that seemed to only be 2.0 packs (even though the sign made no specification of that.)  So I got them to price-match BestBuy's $9.99 per figure sale, and they manually over-rode the price of the gold packs down to a penny so that I would get it free with purchase of the figure.  Picked up Rocket, Venom, Anna, Elsa, Vanellope and Merida.  Got four of the Gold Packs and two 2.0 packs free with the figures, and then bought five of the 1.0 packs.

$70.18 in total.

I stopped at Toys R Us after work.

Saw that they had a sale going on, get five Disney Infinity Power Packs for $5 (does not include the Gold Packs or 2.0 packs.) The sale was still going that gave a free Power Pack with each character purchase, though that seemed to only be 2.0 packs (even though the sign made no specification of that.) So I got them to price-match BestBuy's $9.99 per figure sale, and they manually over-rode the price of the gold packs down to a penny so that I would get it free with purchase of the figure. Picked up Rocket, Venom, Anna, Elsa, Vanellope and Merida. Got four of the Gold Packs and two 2.0 packs free with the figures, and then bought five of the 1.0 packs.

$70.18 in total.
Do they limit the 1.0 packs to 5 per person? I don't own any 1.0 power discs except for the one that came with the starter pack. In a perfect world I'd like to go hoard 15 or 20 packs.

Do they limit the 1.0 packs to 5 per person? I don't own any 1.0 power discs except for the one that came with the starter pack. In a perfect world I'd like to go hoard 15 or 20 packs.
I can't say for sure, but I don't recall anything on the sign saying that they would. I can't imagine so, after all, what's to stop a person from buying five, dropping them out at the car, going back in, and buying five more at a different register?

Well, looks like I'll be hitting up TRU before I go to work tomorrow. 

Tonight I managed to get the 3DS starter for $10 at Kmart, plus a figure storage bin for $5.

I never really picked up the 1.0 packs either.  Worth it to stop by to grab a few since the kids really haven't dived into the previous version all that much.

I don't see anything in my post you quoted about pricematching at BB. I said Walmart to get the $25 price and a $10 giftcard. Maybe I'm just tired.
I was thinking about running out to BB to pricematch and then remembered that they won't apply GCU on top of a pricematch. I was pointing this out so people would not run straight out to BB.

Managed to get Walmart to price-match GameStop on the Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man sets along with the $10 gift card this evening.  Score!

Gah! I was just up at TRU tonight and didn't even bother to check out the DI area since I picked up most of the stuff there already. I guess I'll have to stop back in the morning just in case...

I went to TRU and bought 60 1.0 power discs. 30 from series 1 and 30 from series 2. They didn't have any series 3 for some weird reason, but they had hundreds of packs of 1 and 2 and TRU exclusives. Could the series 3 discs possibly be somewhere else in the store?

I didn't have any 1.0 power discs and I hardly have any 2.0 discs, so if anyone is looking to complete their 1.0 series 1 or 2 collections and want to trade, you know who to PM. I don't know when I'll actually go through all of these packs (probably after the holidays). Maybe it was dumb to buy 30 of each when a complete series set only has 20, but hopefully they make good trade fodder. I'm not sure if these old discs are sought after much anymore if TRU is selling the packs for a buck. I know I enjoy using the 2.0 discs I bought during the last Amazon sale (I love that fuck ing Infinity Gauntlet).

I left way more than I bought, but I still feel like a dick buying so much. Nothing was marked on sale at my store yet. The playsets were ringing up half off and the other discs were ringing up B1G1. I guess I had first dibs tonight. I was very tempted to buy the Toy Story and Cars playsets also. Are these worth it for $17.99?

After TRU I went to Walmart and bought the Guardians of the Galaxy pack for $24.99 with the $10 coupon. I printed out and showed the cashier the TRU picture on InfinityInquirer, but he said he couldn't match it if the price wasn't clearly written. He said they don't match "percentage off sales." I showed him the price tags were all $35.99, and nicely said that 50% off of that would be $17.99. He wasn't going to budge, but I was willing to pay $24.99 anyway (I was also willing to pay $17.99 at TRU, but I figured I'd give it a shot at Walmart). I wish they weren't sold out of the Spiderman playset though. I probably should just buy it for $17.99 at TRU tomorrow anyway. My TRU store is open until 2am tonight FWIW.

I was thinking about running out to BB to pricematch and then remembered that they won't apply GCU on top of a pricematch. I was pointing this out so people would not run straight out to BB.
Ok. Sorry I was confused. I was reading it late at night and thought "did I talk about best buy on accident?" :D

Edit: I couldn't sleep and put the series 1 power discs on the reader to see what I got... everything except the 3 rare discs. I guess these have been picked through and people felt the lenticular discs and bought them all. I'm just going to cut my losses and return the unopened duplicates even though they were just a buck. I'm going to do the same with series 2. I definitely bought too much. Hopefully TRU doesn't get pissed if I return a bunch of $1 toys.

If I buy the Gold TRU exclusive packs, each pack comes with a "rare" power disc?

Just left my TRU. None of the signage was changed, and I was rather worried when power disc still rang up as BOGO. But Marvel play sets did indeed ring up $17.99 each, so I picked up each of the three 2.0 sets.

I went to TRU and bought 60 1.0 power discs. 30 from series 1 and 30 from series 2. They didn't have any series 3 for some weird reason, but they had hundreds of packs of 1 and 2 and TRU exclusives. Could the series 3 discs possibly be somewhere else in the store?

I didn't have any 1.0 power discs and I hardly have any 2.0 discs, so if anyone is looking to complete their 1.0 series 1 or 2 collections and want to trade, you know who to PM. I don't know when I'll actually go through all of these packs (probably after the holidays). Maybe it was dumb to buy 30 of each when a complete series set only has 20, but hopefully they make good trade fodder. I'm not sure if these old discs are sought after much anymore if TRU is selling the packs for a buck. I know I enjoy using the 2.0 discs I bought during the last Amazon sale (I love that fuck ing Infinity Gauntlet).

I left way more than I bought, but I still feel like a dick buying so much. Nothing was marked on sale at my store yet. The playsets were ringing up half off and the other discs were ringing up B1G1. I guess I had first dibs tonight. I was very tempted to buy the Toy Story and Cars playsets also. Are these worth it for $17.99?

After TRU I went to Walmart and bought the Guardians of the Galaxy pack for $24.99 with the $10 coupon. I printed out and showed the cashier the TRU picture on InfinityInquirer, but he said he couldn't match it if the price wasn't clearly written. He said they don't match "percentage off sales." I showed him the price tags were all $35.99, and nicely said that 50% off of that would be $17.99. He wasn't going to budge, but I was willing to pay $24.99 anyway (I was also willing to pay $17.99 at TRU, but I figured I'd give it a shot at Walmart). I wish they weren't sold out of the Spiderman playset though. I probably should just buy it for $17.99 at TRU tomorrow anyway. My TRU store is open until 2am tonight FWIW.

Ok. Sorry I was confused. I was reading it late at night and thought "did I talk about best buy on accident?" :D

Edit: I couldn't sleep and put the series 1 power discs on the reader to see what I got... everything except the 3 rare discs. I guess these have been picked through and people felt the lenticular discs and bought them all. I'm just going to cut my losses and return the unopened duplicates even though they were just a buck. I'm going to do the same with series 2. I definitely bought too much. Hopefully TRU doesn't get pissed if I return a bunch of $1 toys.

If I buy the Gold TRU exclusive packs, each pack comes with a "rare" power disc?
The gold packs guarantee one rare and are identifiable by their upc. Each upc is a specific disc.

I thought there were only 40 disks in the marvel series and 40 in the originals series?
Yes, plus the two toy box game discs (from the Marvel Starter and Disney Toy Box sets).

I'm not sure about Toy Story, but Cars was not well-received for DI 1.0. At all.

The TRU Gold Packs each have one rare disc and one disc from - I think - Series 1 (i.e. Di 1.0 Series 1). However, it isn't random. Use the UPC to identity which of the rare discs are inside. Some of the rares are from Series 1 or 2, but some are not found outside those packs (the Tron ones, for example).

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=3785#sthash.aR1PNXYY.dpbs

Yes, plus the two toy box game discs (from the Marvel Starter and Disney Toy Box sets).

I'm not sure about Toy Story, but Cars was not well-received for DI 1.0. At all.

The TRU Gold Packs each have one rare disc and one disc from - I think - Series 1 (i.e. Di 1.0 Series 1). However, it isn't random. Use the UPC to identity which of the rare discs are inside. Some of the rares are from Series 1 or 2, but some are not found outside those packs (the Tron ones, for example).

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=3785#sthash.aR1PNXYY.dpbs
Toy Story was pretty fun, about even with Lone Ranger. Cars was good only if you are very young, my 5 year old loved the Cars playset - if you are above that age you probably won't find much in it.

Cars was good only if you are very young, my 5 year old loved the Cars playset - if you are above that age you probably won't find much in it.
Yea Cars sucks.. because you can only race around, do flips off of various buildings, grab and sling cars with Mater, use your car in a giant skate park.... it sucks... /sarcasm

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!

Let us know if the $0.99 power discs are labeled as such. I went in this morning and tried one, but it rang up full price. Now I'm thinking that I should have tried five at a time.

Sorry if I missed the answer to this, but do we know if BOGO and the 5 for $5 deals stack? It would be pretty awesome to get ten for five bucks!

Sorry if I missed the answer to this, but do we know if BOGO and the 5 for $5 deals stack? It would be pretty awesome to get ten for five bucks!
That'd be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. My store wouldn't combine the 2 for $20 figures with the buy a figure get a free power disc deals last week.

How come thia ia not advertised in TRU website. Any orher confirmation in stores? Thinking of driving there suring my lunch break.

My store didn't have any of the items tagged for this sale. I had to use the price checker to see the price and right below it shows the promotion that applies to that item i.e BOGO or 5 for $5.

This worked in my favor because the whole infinity are was untouched by a local Hordo that raids my stores. I told some parents looking at the Infinity stuff and they were happy to get in on these deals.

So, there are issues unless you do 5 inside of a series.  

If you do 5 series 1, you will get them for $5.   If you do a mix and match of series 1, 2, and 3, they will ring up as a B1G1 Free.  

They had to adjust them to make it all work for me.  Actually, they took one of them off the list entirely, so I got 15 for $14.  

bread's done
Back