Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be sure to put some of my extra discs on the trade forum. I didn't realize how many I had of some of the earlier series.

I got the double deal of b1g1 free and b1g1 40% off yesterday (Just take off 20% and half it, works out $2.14 a pack with tax).  Got 12 packs of 2.0 discs.  So I finally fell for 2.0 after saying I will only bother with the first set (thanks to christmas).  Only problem is on the WiiU it doesnt show the name of the discs when you put the blind packs on the portal.  In some cases its obvious what it is (kittens for fists) but sometimes its too vague (sky with lots of colours).  

Anyone know how you can show the name of the discs being used?

I got the double deal of b1g1 free and b1g1 40% off yesterday (Just take off 20% and half it, works out $2.14 a pack with tax). Got 12 packs of 2.0 discs. So I finally fell for 2.0 after saying I will only bother with the first set (thanks to christmas). Only problem is on the WiiU it doesnt show the name of the discs when you put the blind packs on the portal. In some cases its obvious what it is (kittens for fists) but sometimes its too vague (sky with lots of colours).

Anyone know how you can show the name of the discs being used?
On XB1, only the circle discs are named - I think with one of the customization discs, it asks you to switch, but I don't think it says the disc name. In DI 1.0, I think everything was named, which made it easier.

On XB1, only the circle discs are named - I think with one of the customization discs, it asks you to switch, but I don't think it says the disc name. In DI 1.0, I think everything was named, which made it easier.
Same on WiiU. It shows the circle discs. At least you can narrow it down a little with the circle ones and the obvious ones.

I don't think Mrs. Incredible is rare, but I think her solo package has been gone for some time, and now she's really only available in the Sidekicks pack.

I wasn't aware that Violet was rare, but it makes sense. I don't recall seeing her much, if at all these last few weeks. I better get the Incredibles while I still can.
I ended up importing Violet through Amazon. I'm not super specific with having same region of these like I am for Amiibo. So at Amazon you can get the Power Girl Triple pack for only 33$. (Instead of paying the same price just for Violet), so it seemed like a much better deal since I dont have Rapunzel either,

I saw Violet pop up used on Gamestops site for a short bit, but it was gone in the time it took me to change my shipping info.

Also god damn, the duplicates kicked in hardcore in this set of purchases. So many Jack Skellington's, Anna's, and various Car/Horses. Did manage to get 3 Holo's though, and my Series 1 album is only a couple short of being full. Also managed to only get 1 2.0 duplicate.

To everyone:
I'm interested in buying some of your duplicates for cost plus 10% plus shipping.
TRU around me were ravaged by like minded buyers.
My kids got DI 2.0 for WiiU for Christmas and so now we have DI 1.0 as well thru EShop.
They will like to try out a few discs.

PM me if you want to make some of your money back.

To everyone:
I'm interested in buying some of your duplicates for cost plus 10% plus shipping.
TRU around me were ravaged by like minded buyers.
My kids got DI 2.0 for WiiU for Christmas and so now we have DI 1.0 as well thru EShop.
They will like to try out a few discs.

PM me if you want to make some of your money back.
I'd prefer to try to swap some out for other discs, but I'll see if I can get any bites in the trade thread since I just posted my stuff

I ended up importing Violet through Amazon. I'm not super specific with having same region of these like I am for Amiibo. So at Amazon you can get the Power Girl Triple pack for only 33$. (Instead of paying the same price just for Violet), so it seemed like a much better deal since I dont have Rapunzel either,
Do these work on American systems? What about the digital codes?

The TRU near me had a lot of crystal versions of characters you don't see too often, like Sully, Jack Sparrow, and Mr. Incredible, along with Buzz Lightyear and some others.

Thankfully my wife dislikes the crystal versions of characters as much as I do. It makes collecting a lot easier when you're not hunting for varients.

Thankfully my wife dislikes the crystal versions of characters as much as I do. It makes collecting a lot easier when you're not hunting for varients.
I don't like them either, but for some reason they're sought after. With the exception of Buzz, who looks superior to the normal version with the crystal highlights looking quite nice, some of them are god awful, particularly ones where most of the figure is crystal, like Sully, and they appear in crystal mode in-game as well (with enhanced abilities). I suppose it is the only way to get the 1.0 starter characters without buying another starter pack which is nearly useless (unless you plan on buying playsets, which are quite cheap now).

That's why I ran over to Kmart two days before Christmas. They had the 3DS starter set on sale for $10, well worth it for the three character pieces alone.

Ended up going back to my local TRu. They had a restock of 1.0. Had to buy 10. They also had 2.0 on sale. Bought 4 for 8.xx b1g140% off and b1g1f somwhow stacked

Curious, how do you guys know which characters are rare? Is there a list somewhere? Only have a few figures, but the TRU by me was packed with tons of 1.0 figures. Crystal and normal.

So....are Crystal figures worth buying or not? I saw quite a few at TRU, but they just don't seem that appealing to me aesthetically, and I have all the original versions. So I'd feel very anti-CAG paying full price for them

Also managed to PM that Sidekicks pack at TRU without any hassle. Was hoping to buy some 2.0 packs but they were cleaned the hell out, managed to find 5 scattered about, and I combined those with 3 specific Gold Packs (For some various discs I was missing).

As far as rare figures go, word on the street is that syndrome is the most rare next to violet, for whatever reason. I do like his sculpt, but he's not a character im going to rush out and pay a premium for. I have my one that's opened, and that will have to be enough.

As far as rare figures go, word on the street is that syndrome is the most rare next to violet, for whatever reason. I do like his sculpt, but he's not a character im going to rush out and pay a premium for. I have my one that's opened, and that will have to be enough.
Damn he's rare too? Guess I might be importing his 3 pack as well lol....

I'm wondering - to open or not to open? They do work in their packages, the downside is no web codes and you can't admire them as thoroughly, the upside is it will be worth a lot more if it becomes rare.

On their official forums, Disney has said they have not retired/discontinued any characters as of yet. The rarity of some might have more to do with supply and demand - Incredibles is a decade old franchise that there isn't much enthusiasm for today. That might change when Incredibles 2 comes out, but that won't be for a while, and they might release new versions.

I don't think Mrs. Incredible is rare, but I think her solo package has been gone for some time, and now she's really only available in the Sidekicks pack.

I wasn't aware that Violet was rare, but it makes sense. I don't recall seeing her much, if at all these last few weeks. I better get the Incredibles while I still can.
I still see her solo pack around here, but it's a little behind the curve here.

I'll be sure to put some of my extra discs on the trade forum. I didn't realize how many I had of some of the earlier series.
I need to do the same.

Do these work on American systems? What about the digital codes?
They do work on US consoles just the same and they look the same. As far as I understand only the packaging is different. Not sure about digital codes. I imported the villains pack for Randy and Syndrome. I'll try it out and see.

The TRU near me had a lot of crystal versions of characters you don't see too often, like Sully, Jack Sparrow, and Mr. Incredible, along with Buzz Lightyear and some others.
Every TRU I've been to recently seems to have lots of crystal figures. I have no desire to get those, too. I find it interesting that they released a crystal Mickey for 2.0, but in the inventory in 2.0 he is listed in the 1.0 figures section.

Damn he's rare too? Guess I might be importing his 3 pack as well lol....
I got it for 32 on Amazon from Gameseek. No complaints and it shipped much faster than the 18 to 30 days quoted. The cardboard was a little bent, but I'm not keeping it in the packaging so to me that does not matter.

My understanding of the rare figures is that Violet, Randy and Syndrome are the rare ones. Recently, I've rarely seen Francesco between here and Atlanta where I just moved from. There are three Violets at a KMart here and two Randall at a Target. In Atlanta, resellers would have snapped them up fast. Here, not so much apparently as it's been months.

Went to Kohls yesterday and saw that they now carry DI 2.0 figures and sets. Those familiar with Kohls know they always have sales and coupons so deals for below retail are very likely

Went to Kohls yesterday and saw that they now carry DI 2.0 figures and sets. Those familiar with Kohls know they always have sales and coupons so deals for below retail are very likely
Thats interesting.....I know my mom signs up for all the coupons and such, she shops there as much as I shop at Gamestop and Best Buy lol.

To my luck the store did have Syndrome. He was in some makeshift double pack bundle with Dash, so I just brought both since I didnt have him either. Stacked the B2G1 with 2 games I wanted anyway so I got a great deal

I thought you needed a statue for every 1.0 character in the Hall of Heroes to unlock the
lightsaber
but we unlocked it the other day in 2.0 and don't have Francesco, Buzz, or Jessie.

Needless to say, my son was very excited.

Well damn, think you could ship a Violet to me? I'd be happy to compensate you for your troubles.
Sorry, no luck with Violet. They were all gone after lasting for months before. There were also very few value games compared to last time I was there and they were unmarked so I think a hoarder came in and wiped it out.

Sorry, no luck with Violet. They were all gone after lasting for months before. There were also very few value games compared to last time I was there and they were unmarked so I think a hoarder came in and wiped it out.
No problem, I just found a used one at GS. Overall some of the 1.0 figures are starting to get cleaned out. I also just went into TRU and the selection of 1.0 figs is nothing compared to a week ago.

However, all figures (including multi fig packs) are still B1G1 40% off at TRU. Rather then trying to price match the Sidekicks pack I just combined it with a Frozen set for $49.58. Five figs, fifty bucks. Not too shabby.

Sorry if this has been posted, since I tend to have mixed results with the thread search function.

My wife found that the characters at Sam's were all marked ~$8.50.  It was nice not to have to get pairs to take advantage of the Target deal.  I thought others might be interested in checking out Sam's if they happened to have a card and were possibly just interested in 1 character.

It helped us because all the Targets near us were out of either Hiro or Baymax and they were the only characters my kid really wanted.  Sam's had plenty of both.  I had her check for Hulk and Rocket but those were both gone so YMMV on which ones they have in stock.

Is Violet really that rare outside of Disney parks? She was available at Disneyland a few weeks ago in the Star Traders shop.
I don't recall the last time that I saw her on a shelf.

And given that she goes for $30 on eBay, yes I'd say she's rare.

Apparently Toys R Us is doing a "50% off all Starter Packs and Playsets" sale and a "Buy 1 Disney Infinity item, get one for 40% off sale" at the same time.  Anyone know if these two stack?

Too funny. Just happened to my kids Violet. They were so upset, but the glue fixed it.

Also happened to Mrs. Incredible. The build quality of the 2.0 figures seems a good deal better.
My Mrs. Incredible and Violet both lost their heads, and my Hiro split at the waist. I wound up having to use an exacto knife to cut out all the poorly slathered on glue in Hiro's lower half in order to get him to fit together properly. Oh well.

I'm about to go pickup the Gotg disc album at gamestop. I have the $5 kongregate coupon. Are there any other specials or eeals going on right now to get this any cheaper?

bread's done
Back