Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
In every game past the original, you needed the "new" figures to access all the 'extra' stuff
The extra stuff is usually a little area with a new hat or treasure at the end. Not huge chunks of the game or anything amazing. You get a staggering amount of content with just the Trap Team starter set and nothing else. A lot more than Infinity 2.0. But Disney has those nostalgic characters we love.

The Disney Cruises announced they're doing a Disney Infinity room where kids can play with ALL the figures and take home some unlocked exclusive content.

From their official blog:

Disney Infinity Toy Box

Also in the Oceaneer Club, a high-tech interactive space based on the Disney Infinity video game offers more fun for kids.

In the Disney Infinity Toy Box area, children can experience a whole new way of playing together with exciting virtual experiences and immersive activities. Customized, on-screen adventures will bring to life characters and stories from across The Walt Disney Company.

The complete set of Disney Infinity character figures will be on display for creative inspiration and available for gameplay. Kids visiting this special room – found only on the Disney Dream – will be able to unlock exclusiveDisney Cruise Line content that they can continue to enjoy when playing Disney Infinity at home.

Special activities will bring the virtual gameplay experience to life in the real world. For example, a life-sized Disney Infinity Base sets the stage where children take the place of character figures for a group gaming experience unlike any other. Lighting up in response to gameplay on a large screen, this interactive floor will allow kids to be immersed in the Toy Box.

[quote name="slowdive21" post="12666107" timestamp="1430253720"]I believe all power discs are on sale for 2.99 @ BB in store (they didn't have all the different types).[/quote]

After getting spoiled with TRU $0.25 power disc sale last week, i dont think ill ever buy power discs again unless its

Thanks for this. I chatted with Mircosoft Store and they gave me a price adjustment from a few days ago when I ordered Phineas and Agent P for $3.99 each.
Did you have to call or was it via email? I'd like to price adjust, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of calling a cs line for $2.

Ended up ordering the Lone Ranger play-set and the Falcon costume change power disc pack since they are 15.99 and 2.39 w/ GCU respectively right now on BB's website. Not really going to find better prices than those.

Had to pre-order the Lego Dimensions Ninjago level pack with it though, so I could get free shipping, but I'll probably end up cancelling that since I have never heard of Ninjago before, lol.

Anyways, only 6 more figures to go until I complete my Disney Infinity figure collection! :D

4/29-5/17 GameStop has Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Pre-Owned Disney Infinity Figures.

Although it looks like they're selling the used figures for more then the new ones.

So I have some power up rewards points to get 5 dollars off a purchase at Gamestop. And it's buy one get one free on power disc packs for 2.0. If I used the coupon for the five dollars off would I get the b1g1 deal?

So I have some power up rewards points to get 5 dollars off a purchase at Gamestop. And it's buy one get one free on power disc packs for 2.0. If I used the coupon for the five dollars off would I get the b1g1 deal?
Yeah, as long as you're not using two coupons in the same transaction, you should be fine.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a 3.0 leak.
Huh. Is Rebels doing worse than Clone Wars in the ratings/whatever? I don't mind either way, but it seems odd to make the starter based on a show that isn't airing when another one is actively being broadcast.

Or I wonder if it is more along the lines of "Gotta Have A Skywalker".

Huh. Is Rebels doing worse than Clone Wars in the ratings/whatever? I don't mind either way, but it seems odd to make the starter based on a show that isn't airing when another one is actively being broadcast.

Or I wonder if it is more along the lines of "Gotta Have A Skywalker".
I would imagine one of the playsets will be Rebels-themed.

So we went from 3 figs and three levels/playsets in the 1.0 starter pack, to 3 figs and 1 playset in the 2.0 starter pack, to 2 figs and I'm assuming one playlet in the 3.0....

I freakin dare you Disney to try and sell me an Ep. 1, 2, or 3 playset.

I guess I'm still in wait-and-see if they're going to have a Marvel starter or not.  I like Star Wars, I guess, but not $80 for a Clone Wars starter much.  You always pay more for getting new games when they come out, but with all of the figures that are attached to these toys to life franchises the savings, or lack thereof really add up.  If the best they're offering for Marvel looks like the Disney Original 2.0 pack (two figures and one or two toy box games) I can't justify that level of investment.

On the plus side, if the Germans are right and it is launching in August at least that improves the odds of significant discounts at Christmas. 

I agree. If they are going to charge the same amount for even one less figure and only one playsets they've got a lot of catching up to do with the Lego dimensions game. I love the clone wars series but I'm confused why no Episode VII or Rebels.

I guess I'm still in wait-and-see if they're going to have a Marvel starter or not. I like Star Wars, I guess, but not $80 for a Clone Wars starter much. You always pay more for getting new games when they come out, but with all of the figures that are attached to these toys to life franchises the savings, or lack thereof really add up. If the best they're offering for Marvel looks like the Disney Original 2.0 pack (two figures and one or two toy box games) I can't justify that level of investment.

On the plus side, if the Germans are right and it is launching in August at least that improves the odds of significant discounts at Christmas.
If it's coming out in August, it'll be even more rushed than the last one. Disappointing that they aren't doing Episode 7, unless this is a fake, which it might very well be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a 3.0 leak.

0PSh8eq.jpg
Man, between this leak, the lineup of the Disney Originals leak and the Inside Out play-set leak, I feel pretty bad for JV and the marketing team at Disney. While I appreciate leaks of future games and what they will contain, I'm sure they were very excited to announce them and had some pretty cool ideas to do so. Not that big of a deal though.

Anyways, I agree with other CAG's here. Going from three play-sets to one is one thing, but now they are only including two figures with the starter pack? That's pretty lame unless the day-one price goes down a bit. I got 2.0 on release day because I love Marvel but I'll probably wait until the price goes down significantly for Star Wars and all of their figures. It's cool that it's coming out in August though, if that's the case then I should definitely be able pick it up at a cheap price before the end of the year.

Funny part about all of these leaks though is the one I am waiting for is the Marvel figures and potential figures and play-set(s). Love the Disney figures and play-sets and I'm sure the Star Wars figures and play-sets will be pretty cool, but the main reason I play this game is for the Marvel figures and play-sets. Hope they come through!

Got my unusually light package from Microsoft after three weeks of waiting. Packing list said there was a Phineas and an Agent P inside. What did they actually ship?

Nothing. Inflated packing cushions and a piece of paper.

What pisses me off is that the refund (assuming, of course, that this even makes it that far, which is anyone's guess) won't begin to cover the amount of time and headache it'll take hashing this out with customer service.

Last time I order from these goddamn incompetents.

I love Star Wars, but this feels like a miss. You have Episode VII coming out which is bringing back classic Star Wars characters but you go with an era that many people werent that high on.

Granted I did enjoy Clone Wars but just seems odd since as soon as Disney bought Star Wars they ended Clone Wars and didnt run any new episodes.

Make a Starter pack with Chewie, Han and  R2D2 and it would fly off the shelves.

If it's coming out in August, it'll be even more rushed than the last one. Disappointing that they aren't doing Episode 7, unless this is a fake, which it might very well be.
If 3.0 is coming in August, that means 3.0 is coming months before Episode 7 releases. I think a second wave with episode 7 is more likely than it arriving with the box launch. This could also explain why they went with Clone Wars for the starter - I doubt they'd do variants of the classic trilogy characters within 3.0 since they're all in episode 7, and that would mean they could not do classic trilogy for the starter.

FWIW, the German retailer had it up for 70 Euro's. That said, the problem is not whether the starter box costs $60 or $80. The problem is that - if 2.0 is the example - either number is a lot to ask for 4-6 hours of gameplay in a playset that comes with fewer than half of its associated characters, with the rest reserved for $15 DLC. Plus blind packed power discs and toy box only figures who cost the same amount even though they don't have access to any professionally created content. And everything will be 50% off in six months (which in this case is hundreds of dollars, rather than $20-40 off that you might get on a $60 game).

I've had a good time with 2.0 and I want to be excited about this thing, but it just seems like you have to not like money to jump on at launch.

If the box is real, there is a Hoth scene on one side of the main picture and a Podracer scene on the other. I'm guessing a Clone Wars play set, an original trilogy play set and a episode 1-3 play set. And about 100 figures...

First time I won't be picking up a new DI game on day 1. I love Star Wars, butwe're just getting less and less with each starter. Waiting for the inevitable Black Friday price cut.

I know that there will probably be a bunch of SW characters, but Anakin and Jedi-Girl (I seriously have no idea who that character is) doesn't do it for me.

Luke and R2, Liea and C3PO, Han and Chewie, Vader and Obi-Wan. Those are the characters I want.

I just want the ability to play Dejarik.

Apparently some guy developed it, but Lucas Arts wasn't interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_RHJ-6MBk8

I'm pretty sure this pack will sell for $59.99, just like the 2.0 Disney Pack, except this comes with a play set as well. And the $60 only isn't worth it if all you're in for is the play sets. The Toy box is huge and fun (especially with kids) and there are some great toy box artists out there that release big, thought out toy box levels to download for free.

As for the 3.0 stuff, my money is on that play set piece included being for all Original Trilogy, Clone Wars & Prequel trilogy. All three are represented on the box including Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Princess Leia, Yoda & Darth Vader. I could honestly see them releasing three variations of it. One with Anakin & Ahsoka for Clone Wars, one with Obi-Wan & Darth Maul for the Prequel Trilogy and one with Darth Vader & Leia/Yoda for the Original Trilogy. All would have the same play set piece but different figures. Then all the figures would be sold separately at retail. At least, that's what I hope they do, give people some options when there's only two figures.

Everything I've seen about the 3.0 stuff has been super disappointing. I'm not a huge Star Wars guy to begin with, but I definitely have no interest in a two-figure starter set based on a cartoon I've never seen. And on the Disney side of things...a playset + four figures for a brand-new movie while the classic Disney characters continue be released playset-less. I'm sure this stuff is making some people very happy, but I'm super bummed.

I'm a little lukewarm on the In & Out figures. Don't get me wrong - I love PIXAR, but even DI figures that are screaming for a playset like Big Hero 6 only got two figures for Toy Box mode.

And where's Goofy?

I'm just going to through this out there, take it or leave it

May 5th announcement
Playsets for prequels, holy trilogy, and ep 7 announced later
Rebels figures no playsets

MARVEL SMASH BROS PLAYSET
Inside out playset similar to little big planet
And something about a Mario kart knock off I think

I'm just going to through this out there, take it or leave it

May 5th announcement
Playsets for prequels, holy trilogy, and ep 7 announced later
Rebels figures no playsets

MARVEL SMASH BROS PLAYSET
Inside out playset similar to little big planet
And something about a Mario kart knock off I think

If the box is real, there is a Hoth scene on one side of the main picture and a Podracer scene on the other. I'm guessing a Clone Wars play set, an original trilogy play set and a episode 1-3 play set. And about 100 figures...
If you replace Knowwhere with the fIrst Death Star and Cosmo/The Collector with C3PO/Obi-Wan, the 2.0 GOTG playset would be maybe a third the size of a playset for Episode 4 alone. They would also need to do Tatooine - countryside and Mos Eisley, both of which could be the size of a 2.0 playset - and then implement a starfighter game (which would presumably be way more mechanics development work than another regular level) for before and after the Death Star.

Point being, Episode 4 alone would be more work on playsets than they spent in all of 2.0, on top of the leaked Inside Out Playset and the effectively leaked Clone Wars Playset. Throw in another 3-4 playsets for each of the other 5-6 movies, possibly one for rebels, and let's say a Marvel Ultron playset because we're reaching for the skies here and you're talking about going from 3 playsets in 2.0 to somewhere between 20-30 playsets in 3.0. And then they'd have no more Star Wars content to release in 4.0 because they would have covered everything.

I think it's more realistic to expect a Clone Wars set that is not based on a movie (so they can write a story that fits in ONE playset), Inside Out playset, Ultron toy box game discs, a playset for Episode 7 that may arrive post-launch due to movie spoilers, and toy box game discs for Hoth and podracing. I don't see them declining to relaunch again and sell 4.0 boxes in 2016, so the total amount of time they have to spend on 3.0 is roughly what they had for 2.0. We could see a bit more stuff but any more than 3-6 playsets (2.0-sized) and maybe 6 toy box game discs (2 each for Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney) seems unlikely.

I'm excited that Princess Leia is there. The starter seems to have less and less, though, and you KNOW they will still put a $75 price tag on it. I wonder if there are any toy box game discs included, because they're not shown on the picture.

I'll probably just buy the digital version since I don't have much desire for Anakin, and way less for Ahsoka.

Not a Star Wars fan and have no plans on seeing Inside Out so 3.0 isn't looking too appealing to me. I feel like they knew Star Wars was going to sell a ton no matter which characters they used so they took a chance on Inside Out being a main piece in toybox mode. 

Throw in a Marvel starter pack and that could change my mind. Maybe War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron, Black Panther. Also would like to see more princesses too possibly Cinderella, Aurora, Sleeping Beauty and a playset for them.  

Although I could see them skipping Marvel all together and waiting for 4.0. Then in 4.0 they could do the Disney Originals and 1-2 each of Marvel/Star Wars playsets with fill in figures. Just a thought.

I'm actually surprised they added Ahsoka, but as much as I hated her addition to the Clone Wars cartoons I really grew to like her as a character. Plus she kicks butt. Hoping they can add more of the female characters too from Rebels like Sabine & Hera. Doubtful since they never added Honey Lemon and Go Go, but a man can dream...

Just got a TRU email for the weekend... Sunday from 10AM-1PM ONLY!

Infinity figures 3 for $24
Power disc packs 3 for $5 (2.0)

ALL DAY:
2.0 playsets $19.99
1.0 playsets $14.99
All infinity travel and storage cases 50% off
All Infinity 1.0 starter packs 24.99

Just got a TRU email for the weekend... Saturday from 10AM-1PM ONLY!

Infinity figures 3 for $24
Power disc packs 3 for $5 (2.0)
2.0 playsets $19.99
1.0 playsets $14.99
All infinity travel and storage cases 50% off
All Infinity 1.0 starter packs 24.99
Nice, I was thinking of picking up some 2.0 power disc packs t best buy but this is even cheaper than that.

I just want the ability to play Dejarik.

Apparently some guy developed it, but Lucas Arts wasn't interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_RHJ-6MBk8
I've been wanting this for as long as I can remember. Heck, I would have settled for a physical board game as a kid.

bread's done
Back