Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a TRU email for the weekend... Saturday from 10AM-1PM ONLY!

Infinity figures 3 for $24
Power disc packs 3 for $5 (2.0)
2.0 playsets $19.99
1.0 playsets $14.99
All infinity travel and storage cases 50% off
All Infinity 1.0 starter packs 24.99
Hate to be Mr Correction, but maybe we got different emails. Mine that says that this sale is for RewardRUs members only (free sign up tho). Also, only the first two items are from 10 to 1 with the rest being all day. All discs are on sale not just 2.0.

Even though I only buy the Power Discs on sale anyway, I still feel bad every time a deep discount pops up on them.

I wonder if that 2.0 Playset discount applies to the Aladdin Toy Box set...that never seems to be included in those sales when they pop up.

Hate to be Mr Correction, but maybe we got different emails. Mine that says that this sale is for RewardRUs members only (free sign up tho). Also, only the first two items are from 10 to 1 with the rest being all day. All discs are on sale not just 2.0.
Forgot the biggest difference. Lol. Mine says the sale is 5/3, so Sunday and not Saturday.

Thanks! Corrected... That's what I get for typing from the road...

TRU online is currently showing BOGO on the playsets and powerdiscs. Good way to start a collection for anyone who just owns a starter set

Email from TRU I got says figures are 3 for $33, no mention of the sale you guys said. It's even online. 

3 for $33 is the regular sale that is going on all week. 

The other sale is for RewardsRUs members only and is only today, and in-store only.  The offer was emailed to RewardsRUs members earlier this week.

These are the offers in the email:

Doorbusters from 10AM to 1PM
All Figures: 3 for $24
All Power Disc Packs: 3 for $5

All Day
2.0 Playsets: $19.99
1.0 Playsets: $14.99
All Storage and Travel Cases: 50% off
1.0 Starter Packs: $24.99

3 for $33 is the regular sale that is going on all week.

The other sale is for RewardsRUs members only and is only today, and in-store only. The offer was emailed to RewardsRUs members earlier this week.

These are the offers in the email:

Doorbusters from 10AM to 1PM
All Figures: 3 for $24
All Power Disc Packs: 3 for $5

All Day
2.0 Playsets: $19.99
1.0 Playsets: $14.99
All Storage and Travel Cases: 50% off
1.0 Starter Packs: $24.99
I'm a member, almost at my next reward and I never got the email. Weird.

Same here. Occasionally I may get an email from TRU, but it never has anything to do with these bonus deals. Just regular weekly ad stuff.
It's a separate mailing list than the regular TRU email. The email states that the sender is "RewardsRUs". If you're not getting them, the only advice I can give is to log into your RewardsRUs account (which is a different login from your TRU account) and check your account settings.

TRU has different levels of email. I cancelled all of them because I would literally get 5 messages a day from them.

BB and ebay are sending 3 a day now.

There should be a 1 per day law.

I have been on the TRU website and even checked the RewardsRUs section and I am signed up for emails but rarely get them. I even signed up for text msgs a while back. I received a couple and then no more.

BB is starting to get on Bath & Body Works levels of emails per day. But I think The Children's Place takes the cake as my wife receives 5-6 emails per day every day.

266-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

Disney Infinity has become the gaming destination for nearly everything Disney. Avalanche Software’s first two installments put Disney, Pixar, and Marvel characters under one roof in story-based and freeform experiences. Now it’s time for Disney to give the Star Wars brand its due – Luke, Leia, Anakin, and more are joining the family with Disney Infinity 3.0, and we’ve got all the details in our mega-sized 16-page cover story.

Star Wars fandom is often divided between the two trilogies, and Disney Infinity 3.0 is catering to both audiences. Avalanche returns at the head of development while recruiting other studios to work on specific packs and systems. Ninja Theory’s (Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword) pack-in playset, Twilight of the Republic, follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army. The story is set after Star Wars: Episode II, and it features land and space battles with plenty of melee combat. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Darth Maul can enter the fray, too, as separately sold figures. Studio Gobo’s (Disney Infinity's Pirates of the Caribbean playset) Rise Against the Empire is a highlight reel of sorts that follows the events of the classic trilogy. Luke and Leia tangle with Darth Vader and his forces through memorable sequences, including the battle of Yavin as well as time on Hoth and Tatooine. Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Darth Vader figures will be available individually. Star Wars characters can cross over between the Star Wars playsets, too, which could lead to some canonically unsound (but fun) scenarios.

Disney Infinity 3.0 isn’t just tossing in a wookiee and a few new playsets and calling it a day, either. Avalanche has reexamined fundamental parts of its core game and is working with best-in-class developers to ensure that Infinity is as good as it can be. Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat, adjusting the timing and adding depth for advanced players. After all, you want to feel powerful when you’re wielding a light saber. Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) has taken Infinity’s driving gameplay to the shop, tweaking the handling and drifting to provide a smoother experience. That’s key, considering one of the new Toy Box games is a kart racer. Those tweaks carry over into the Toy Box, which means legacy characters like Hulk and Mr. Incredible benefit as well.

Another Star Wars playset is coming this winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more. Additional figures for Disney Infinity 3.0 include Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more. The Toy Box is getting special attention, too, with the addition of an updated hub world, toys for new players and experts, and the addition of an all-new farming system. May the pitchforks be with you.

We’ve got the behind-the-scenes story on every facet of the game’s development, and you’re only going to read about it in Game Informer’s June issue. Disney Infinity 3.0 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, and Android this fall. The Starter Pack is priced at $64.99. A new batch of Power Discs are also coming, with a twist: They won't be in blind bags anymore. You can see what you're getting before you buy them.

To get a glimpse of what's to come in our full month of exclusive online content for Disney Infinity 3.0, check out our coverage trailer below or watch and share it on YouTube.
So it looks like we've got three confirmed Star Wars playsets; one based on the Clone Wars era, which seems to be taking heavy influence from the animated series, one based on the Original Trilogy of films, and one based on The Force Awakens, which likely won't come out until December to avoid story spoilers.

Then we've got a playset based on Inside Out, and another Marvel playset coming, so that's five total, matching the playsets we saw in 1.0.

Confirmed new characters include all the emotions from Inside out, Ultron, the Hulkbuster from Age of Ultron, Sam and Quora, Mulan, and others.

Ninja Theory is working on the combat in the game, just as in the last one, and Sumo Digital is working on the racing and driving mechanics.

But here's the big revelation:

NO MORE BLIND BAGS FOR POWER DISCS WITH 3.0

Might get a few of the Star Wars figures.....still sticking with Marvel though. That Hulkbuster is mine!

Nice that blind bags won't actually be blind. I wonder if they'll be mixed up or if the same two discs come win a pack with each other.

[quote name="maximumzero" post="12677126" timestamp="1430844020"]
266-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

But here's the big revelation:

NO MORE BLIND BAGS FOR POWER DISCS WITH 3.0[/quote]

No blind bags means more scalping opportunity.. Tsk! Just hope disney is really aware of what discs will be sought after the most (abilities) and make production adjustments accordingly. I would hate this to be like amiibos.

And hope the discs are like $1.00 or something and not $4.99

Hulkbuster and Ultron has me excited for the Marvel side. Daughter will like Olaf and Mulan(im sure shes part of it since the rest of the leak is). Other then that don't really want much else. Not a Star Wars fan and could care less about Inside Out.

Another Spiderman and Hulk? Wonder how that is going to work.

[quote name="mchittumjr" post="12677158" timestamp="1430844910"]Hulkbuster and Ultron has me excited for the Marvel side. Daughter will like Olaf and Mulan(im sure shes part of it since the rest of the leak is). Other then that don't really want much else. Not a Star Wars fan and could care less about Inside Out.

Another Spiderman and Hulk? Wonder how that is going to work.[/quote]

Just hope hulk and spiderman is just a misprint in this ad. Having variants is not a good idea imo. Didnt bother with crystal figures in DI1.0 since they are basically the same and itl just saturate the market more.

And dont say never when it comes to inside out. Bet once your daughter watches the film, shell ask you for them too... Hehe! Im expecting that to happen with my kids. Disney knows how to get your money out off your pocket through tour kids.

Hulkbuster and Ultron has me excited for the Marvel side. Daughter will like Olaf and Mulan(im sure shes part of it since the rest of the leak is). Other then that don't really want much else. Not a Star Wars fan and could care less about Inside Out.

Another Spiderman and Hulk? Wonder how that is going to work.
I hate to be that guy, but I'm trying to help people out here... it's "couldn't care less." If you "could care less" then you still care about it somewhat.

It's good to see that, seemingly, all of the Star Wars figures will be compatible with all of the playsets. Why they couldn't do that with the Marvel characters, I'll never know...

I am a giant Star Wars fan, have hundreds of figures, books, cards, etc etc....And this is basically like crack for me. I have been able to avoid Skylanders, Amiibo, and Disney figures even when they announced 2.0 with Marvel. But combining my love of SW action figures and video games is very scary for me...

The one saving grace for me is I really dislike the art style of Disney Infinity, looks like they are toys made for ages 0-3. Amiibo's look a lot better to me, but I still may get this damn Disney Infinity 3.0 cause...I NEEDZ MAH CRACK!

dave-chappelle-crackhead-character-541.jpg

Great, and I just bought all the Infinity 2.0 stuff. I waited for this exact reason but I was hoping they'd at least be fun if not all the same.
Everyone has their own opinion. Personally, I greatly enjoyed all of the play-sets, especially the Avengers play-set. You should play it for yourself and see how you like it. :)

GLO_Lineup_INF_I_INF_II_INF.jpg

Here is the roster off of Game Informer, a lot of the same characters I doubt they'd remake all of them. Atleast I hope not.
I think the since the focus is on Star Wars that there weren't enough NEW Marvel and Disney characters to show, so they used the older ones as filler for the promo art. You got about 10 Star Wars and what they announced about 4 each for the others? Well, I hope that's what they did.

I actually really like the super-stylized look of the Disney Infinity characters. It makes everything look cohesive so nothing looks super out of place next to one another.

I was just at an HEB and all Disney Infinity was at 40-50%, so individual figures went for $7.5 and playsets $17.5

Also BB still has figures at $10 and disc packs at 2.99.  I guess they continued the sale from last week. 

Also, why announce a Star Wars themed DI the day AFTER the May the Fourth be with you hoopla day?

GLO_Lineup_INF_I_INF_II_INF.jpg

Here is the roster off of Game Informer, a lot of the same characters I doubt they'd remake all of them. Atleast I hope not.
That's just concept art for the 3 brands. It's not the new lineup. Maybe for Star Wars it is, but that's because they don't have any older figures. The other two images have a mixture. Heck, there's already confirmed originals who aren't in that picture. I doubt we're getting any reposes (unless you count Classic Mickey, who is confirmed, or Hulkbuster Iron Man. The latter could also conceivably be a costume power disc, as I don't think we've seen a figure yet.)

That's just concept art for the 3 brands. It's not the new lineup. Maybe for Star Wars it is, but that's because they don't have any older figures. The other two images have a mixture. Heck, there's already confirmed originals who aren't in that picture. I doubt we're getting any reposes (unless you count Classic Mickey, who is confirmed, or Hulkbuster Iron Man. The latter could also conceivably be a costume power disc, as I don't think we've seen a figure yet.)
If you look at the video you'll see the unpainted Hulkbuster coming out of the vat.

bread's done
Back