Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife picked up the Vita version with the free playset and 2 bonus free power disks.  Also picked up the Gaurdians playset for $15 at BB.  Picked up the PS4 disk for $5 used as well so that was solid.

Ended up with the console version and the handheld version + all playsets + 2 bonus disks for $80.  Not bad.  Had a base from the Wii U 1.0 from last year so all in all a cheap buy in to 2.0.

http://www.iheartinfinity.com/disney-infinity-character-compatibility-chart/

Ok seriously, what the hell is with the compatibility?  Some of that stuff just makes absolutely no sense at all.  At the very least Iron Man is the co-op character always for crossovers.  I wish Nick Fury was more useable, especially since he was voiced by Samuel L.

Is $30 for the 2.0 (non-Marvel) Starter Pack a good deal?  I already have the base from the Marvel Starter Pack but it looks like just getting the game disc and figures would end up costing about that much...

Is $30 for the 2.0 (non-Marvel) Starter Pack a good deal? I already have the base from the Marvel Starter Pack but it looks like just getting the game disc and figures would end up costing about that much...
A few months ago it would have been a good deal, but with all the discounting going on, I'd wait. If it was the Marvel one, I'd say go for it, but the way this stuff is increasingly discounted, even that might be a risky proposition. This set was $25 a few weeks ago at BB, making it $20 with GCU, and we haven't even got to the heavy clearancing to make room for 3.0 yet.

You are right, though; buying the game disc, figures, and adventure discs would cost more if purchased separately.

I've actually seen more sales on the Marvel starter than the regular one, but I've only been following these for a couple weeks.

That's a good point about clearing out for 3.0 - might just wait for further discounts. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

A few months ago it would have been a good deal, but with all the discounting going on, I'd wait. If it was the Marvel one, I'd say go for it, but the way this stuff is increasingly discounted, even that might be a risky proposition. This set was $25 a few weeks ago at BB, making it $20 with GCU, and we haven't even got to the heavy clearancing to make room for 3.0 yet.

You are right, though; buying the game disc, figures, and adventure discs would cost more if purchased separately.

Another week, another DI sale at TRU. 

All Disney Infinity 2.0 Power Discs:  3 for $6

All Disney Infinity single figures:       2 for $18

All Disney Infinity Play Sets:             $19.99

Don't forget Target's flyer has all Disney Infinity for 50% off as well.

Is $30 for the 2.0 (non-Marvel) Starter Pack a good deal? I already have the base from the Marvel Starter Pack but it looks like just getting the game disc and figures would end up costing about that much...
Gamestop carries the disk alone for as low as $13 if you want to go that route...

Target website has the 360 2.0 Starter for $22.99.  PS4 Starter is also >50% off, as are the two CEs.  Store pick-up is an option.

Oddly, Target.com has removed the majority of 2.0 figures from their site. I was waiting for the 50% sale to place an order using a 5% coupon and my RedCard, and now I can't.

Sweet got the Special Disc pack and the Avengers playset.

Too bad I already have both. I guess I'll give them to my cousins or something
You should have also picked up a free standard figure. They give you a figure with any starter pack. I got the Playset and an extra Figure at no cost with the vita starter. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the disks. Hell of a deal if you want the vita version.

You should have also picked up a free standard figure. They give you a figure with any starter pack. I got the Playset and an extra Figure at no cost with the vita starter. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the disks. Hell of a deal if you want the vita version.
Ah didnt know. Have all the figures (Minus TRUs Crystal ones) anyway

Woah what? My wife picked up the Vita version with the Avengers playset and some disks thrown in. She didn't get another figure. I'll have to look at the ad again.

I didn't get an additional figure either; didn't see it in the advertisement...
Yeah I just looked into it. Looks like if you brought it to check out it worked in store and online, but it wasn't advertised. Doubt anyone who didn't take part could go back and get the fig.

Was the GameStop deal for Saturday only?
Dang, I didn't find out about it until today. :(

I did pick up the Spider-Man & GotG play sets for $16 each (after GCU) at Best Buy and got Elsa & Groot for 50% off at Target today.
I also found a Cars play set with an 'online item' tag priced at $20.96 and got Guest Services to take 50% off that for me too! :)
...now I just need to find a cheap copy of DI 1.0, haha.

Dang, I didn't find out about it until today. :(

I did pick up the Spider-Man & GotG play sets for $16 each (after GCU) at Best Buy and got Elsa & Groot for 50% off at Target today.
I also found a Cars play set with an 'online item' tag priced at $20.96 and got Guest Services to take 50% off that for me too! :)
...now I just need to find a cheap copy of DI 1.0, haha.
If you have a Wii U the base game of 1.0 is free :D/

I wasn't aware of the free single figure, either.

I just checked GameStop's website. I added the Vita set, the Avengers playset and another figure (Hulk) to my cart. It automatically deducted the price of the playset on one line, and the cost of the figure on another.

These are the lines from the cart. Those are negative prices at the end.

Dis Vita GWP Marvel 2.0 Playset - Buy Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Starter Pack and Receive the Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) - The Avengers Playset Free! Offer is Subject to Availability and Limit One Per Customer. Offer expires 5/16/2015. - Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) - The Avengers Playset - $24.99
DIS Vita Starter GWP IGP Free - Buy Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Starter Pack and Receive One New Single Pack Disney INFINITY Figure Free! Offer is Subject to Availability and Limit One Per Customer. Offer expires 5/23/2015. - Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) - Hulk Figure - $12.99
The free Avengers playset with purchase of the Vita version is valid through the 16th, and the free figure is valid through the 23rd. So you could probably go back to the store and get the free figure now.

I wish that the site didn't still think one was pre ordering the Vita version. It would he nice to be able to use the store locator to see if any stores still have it in stock

What do you guys think I could get if I bought the vita starter pack, with the free avengers playset and figure and disc pack if I took the spider-man piece out? If I can get close to most of the money back I'll do it. I seen some auctions go for $30 for the game and portal.

Tip if anyone wants to order this online, because the Vita Pack is still ringing as a pre-order, if you only order the Vita pack and the 3 free items, the order will not go thru.  I figured out that this is because they're trying to charge your credit card for $0 (because they're not charging you right away for the pre-order), and it doesn't work.  I added a 49 cent tablet charger to my order and then it went thru.

Also, these appear to actually be different offers than the ones which were available on Saturday.  All 3 offers are tied to purchase of the Vita Bundle, and not anything else (like a $10 Infinity purchase, for example).  Also the power disc offer is not exclusive to the rare pack.  It works with any power disc pack.

I saw this posted on one of the Power Disc Trading Facebook pages. $4 Playset. Obviously YMMV

*EDIT: Looking at BrickSeek it has Anna and Elsa Toy Box Set listed at $10 at my local Walmart. Crystal Mickey as $4, Rapunzel $5(sold out).

11210513_10155596014270192_4334904336758229094_n.jpg

If you have a Wii U the base game of 1.0 is free :D/
Ah right! I totally forgot about that, thanks! :D
I don't have enough space available on my Wii U at the moment, but I'll download it eventually.

I wasn't aware of the free single figure, either.

I just checked GameStop's website. I added the Vita set, the Avengers playset and another figure (Hulk) to my cart. It automatically deducted the price of the playset on one line, and the cost of the figure on another.

These are the lines from the cart. Those are negative prices at the end.

The free Avengers playset with purchase of the Vita version is valid through the 16th, and the free figure is valid through the 23rd. So you could probably go back to the store and get the free figure now.
Thank you for sharing this!!
My local store was out of the Power Discs (which I didn't really care about so no big deal) but I got their last Vita starter pack and the Avengers Play Set & a Loki figure both rang up free! :D

Just wanted to jump in and curse you all in this thread. I swore off infinity after the first one. I got sucked back in for the $25 PS4 Avengers starter set yesterday. Today I spent another on the GOTG set and Rocket Raccoon.

Damn you all to hell!

Stumbled across something pretty amusing earlier when I was scanning in all my figures and discs to my vita version. If you place black suit Spiderman on the portal with the alien symbiote power disc, it cancels out the black suit and he just shows up as regular ol' red and blue Spiderman.

Stumbled across something pretty amusing earlier when I was scanning in all my figures and discs to my vita version. If you place black suit Spiderman on the portal with the alien symbiote power disc, it cancels out the black suit and he just shows up as regular ol' red and blue Spiderman.
I actually had a theory before the figure came out that the black-suit Spiderman figure has the RFID chip from a regular Spiderman AND the chip from the symbiote power disc. When you put the figure into the console game, does the icon for the symbiote power disc show up? That would confirm my hunch.

I actually had a theory before the figure came out that the black-suit Spiderman figure has the RFID chip from a regular Spiderman AND the chip from the symbiote power disc. When you put the figure into the console game, does the icon for the symbiote power disc show up? That would confirm my hunch.
Nope, there's no power disc icon when it's there solo. What's interesting about it is it shows up as black, has a different title on the hud, but it just shows up in the collection as the regular spider-man.

If it did that, you wouldn't be able to have two power discs recognized underneath it.

Btw, I spoke briefly with an artist who works in the marketing department for DI. I saw this weekend in Toronto. He's really excited about the game and that they're planning on this version of the game to be closest to their original goals for the game. I may see him at another comic book event in June so I may hit him up for more information then. 

In the recent stream they said that 3.0's figures will bring the grand total of available characters to over 100.

Shit. I need to figure out a decent storage solution or things are going to get ridiculous.

So I went out to pick up the last eight characters I needed to complete 2.0, thanks to the Target 50% off sale, and I am now solidified in my belief as to what the worst things about being a DI collector is.

Sure, there's the fact that those darn power discs are so expensive and, up until 3.0, were blind buys, and there's the fact that if you want a complete collection, you have to buy figures you would otherwise not want (I dislike Star Wars, so 3.0 will be a..."treat"...for me.)

But I would have to say the absolute worst thing is finding figures with a half-way decent paint job.  Seriously, I had to look through at least two or three dozen each of eight different characters until I found ones that were acceptable.  :(

Also, these appear to actually be different offers than the ones which were available on Saturday. All 3 offers are tied to purchase of the Vita Bundle, and not anything else (like a $10 Infinity purchase, for example). Also the power disc offer is not exclusive to the rare pack. It works with any power disc pack.
At the Gamestop I visited in San Francisco today, I bought the Disney Infinity Vita Starter Pack with a free extra figure, and a free Avengers playset.., but when I added a 2.0 "Originals" Power Disc pack, it only rang up as discounted @ $2.99 and not free. (They were out of the Rare Falcon/Ms Marvel Power Discs.)

Maybe the Power Disc offer only applies to either the Falcon/Ms. Marvel non-blind pack or the "Marvel" Power Discs? It for sure didn't work on the "Originals" blind Power Disc pack for me.

bread's done
Back