Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to go to 2 Gamestops to get the Vita version. The first I went to was the only one anywhere close that showed more than "low stock" so I figured it was my best bet. I was wrong. They didn't have any displayed, so I asked if they had any. They looked at me like I was crazy, and told me no such game exists. I explained it certainly existed, but they rolled their eyes and said well they didn't have it. Went to the second store, which had it prominently displayed asked about the free Avengers pack and figure (I realize this was a stupid thing for me to do) and they said that deal certainly was not happening, but I got them to reluctantly scan everything and I walked out with my Vita DI and free figures.

At the Gamestop I visited in San Francisco today, I bought the Disney Infinity Vita Starter Pack with a free extra figure, and a free Avengers playset.., but when I added a 2.0 "Originals" Power Disc pack, it only rang up as discounted @ $2.99 and not free. (They were out of the Rare Falcon/Ms Marvel Power Discs.)

Maybe the Power Disc offer only applies to either the Falcon/Ms. Marvel non-blind pack or the "Marvel" Power Discs? It for sure didn't work on the "Originals" blind Power Disc pack for me.
Unfortunately, the Originals packs are not in stock on the website, so no way for me to check that. The blind Marvel packs work though, and the verbiage that comes up in the cart certainly doesn't indicate that it has to be Marvel.

Dis Vita Starter GWP Power Disc - Buy Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Starter Pack and Receive One Disney INFINITY Power Disc Free! Offer is Subject to Availability and Limit One Per Customer. Offer expires 5/23/2015

At the Gamestop I visited in San Francisco today, I bought the Disney Infinity Vita Starter Pack with a free extra figure, and a free Avengers playset.., but when I added a 2.0 "Originals" Power Disc pack, it only rang up as discounted @ $2.99 and not free. (They were out of the Rare Falcon/Ms Marvel Power Discs.)

Maybe the Power Disc offer only applies to either the Falcon/Ms. Marvel non-blind pack or the "Marvel" Power Discs? It for sure didn't work on the "Originals" blind Power Disc pack for me.

Unfortunately, the Originals packs are not in stock on the website, so no way for me to check that. The blind Marvel packs work though, and the verbiage that comes up in the cart certainly doesn't indicate that it has to be Marvel.
So I just got back from my Gamestop in Southern California and I couldn't get the rare disc pack for free. He scanned before just to check if the deal was going then he scanned it again once I had everything rang up. But I couldn't get the disc pack.

Has anyone had any luck price matching the 50% off deal at Target at Best Buy and using the GCU discount? Someone on Reddit claimed they were able to do that and got each figure for a little over $5. 

Has anyone had any luck price matching the 50% off deal at Target at Best Buy and using the GCU discount? Someone on Reddit claimed they were able to do that and got each figure for a little over $5.
It is technically possible, but you would have to get really lucky. It is Best Buy policy to do either GCU or price match, but they are not supposed to do both. You could always try, but results would definitely be YMMV and most likely would end up with you getting turned down (can't blame employees for following the rules).

Also wanted to thank the users here who posted about the extra bonus figure that is available with the Vita version of DI 2.0 at gamestop. I was able to take my purchase from the weekend in store and have them ring up a free figure for me on top of the Vita version I picked up (along with the free Avengers pack and disks I already had gotten for free). :)

It is technically possible, but you would have to get really lucky. It is Best Buy policy to do either GCU or price match, but they are not supposed to do both. You could always try, but results would definitely be YMMV and most likely would end up with you getting turned down (can't blame employees for following the rules).
Yeah that's what I figured, honestly it might not worth the hassle. I've gotten them to do both before on Dragon Age (guy called it a universal price match or something) but I don't particularly want to stand around in a Best Buy arguing over whether they can give me Yondu cheaper.

Got the impression from previous posts that the free figure offer still applied thru 5/23 but my local GS told me that only applied to release day. I cant find anything on GS site to validate the free figure offer. Does anyone have anywhere official they can point me to or is this very YMMV? Thx in advance.

Add the Vita starter and a figure to your cart. The price of the figure will be deducted. It will also show the offer's expiration date as 5/23.

When they ring it up in-store, the cost of the figure will automatically be deducted.

Drove from northeast TN thru GA last week and the Toy Box pack was marked with a clearance price of $39 at WalMart in the Atlanta area as well as NE TN (Bristol & Johnson City) and western SC (Greenville).  Didn't scan them.

3.0 playsets seem to be:

Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic (Clone Wars/Prequel Trilogy) - Starter set with Anakin and Ashoka. Officially announced

Star Wars: Rise of the Empire (Original Trilogy) - Playset with Luke and Leia. Not officially announced, but might as well be.  

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode 7 - not officially announced but highly probable) - will likely include Rey and Finn

Inside Out - Playset with Joy and Anger. Officially announced 

Marvel (probably Avengers: Age of Ultron) not officially announced, but highly likely.

I also read in an article that once a playset is beaten, it can be played through again with characters from other sets.

I also read in an article that once a playset is beaten, it can be played through again with characters from other sets.
I am hoping they open this up even more. My daughter would love to play through the original trilogy with Elsa, and there is really no reason not to make that happen. Also mind boggling that Disney just won't make a Frozen playset.

Are some of the Disney Infinity figure like certain amiibo where you have to get them right away at launch? I am planning to get one of my nephew the new Disney 3.0 starter set and a couple of figures for Christmas this year.

Are some of the Disney Infinity figure like certain amiibo where you have to get them right away at launch? I am planning to get one of my nephew the new Disney 3.0 starter set and a couple of figures for Christmas this year.
All of the 3.0 figures should be in stock at every major retailer for a while. John Vignocchi confirmed that they don't want to artificially raise the prices by not making as many of any particular figure on Game Informer's recent podcast interview with him.

It's 1.0 figures you have to worry about, as some of them (Francesco, Syndrome, etc.) will cost you north of $20 to get them brand new now.

Okay thanks for the info. I am just planning to get figures from the 3.0 line and maybe some of the 2.0 Marvel figures.

Are some of the Disney Infinity figure like certain amiibo where you have to get them right away at launch? I am planning to get one of my nephew the new Disney 3.0 starter set and a couple of figures for Christmas this year.
No series 2 figures are rare or hard to find. Syndrome and Randall are impossible to find on shelves, Violet and Mrs. Incredible are really hard (though the Sidekicks and (import only) Girl Power 3 packs can still be had for relatively little), and Francesco can be found at Walgreens, but hard to find elsewhere.

Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire (Original Trilogy) - Playset with Luke and Leia. Not officially announced, but might as well be.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode 7 - not officially announced but highly probable) - will likely include Rey and Finn
These two were basically announced by John Vignocchi, the VP of Production for D:I 3.0, during a podcast with Game Informer's Ben Hanson on Monday. They'll be coming after launch, but before Christmas. They didn't confirm the characters that come with the playsets, but your statements are probably accurate.

I am hoping they open this up even more. My daughter would love to play through the original trilogy with Elsa, and there is really no reason not to make that happen. Also mind boggling that Disney just won't make a Frozen playset.
I'm sure if they had it to do over again Frozen would have gotten a playset in 1.0 instead of Lone Ranger. As is, my guess is they'll do it when the sequel comes out.

These two were basically announced by John Vignocchi, the VP of Production for D:I 3.0, during a podcast with Game Informer's Ben Hanson on Monday. They'll be coming after launch, but before Christmas. They didn't confirm the characters that come with the playsets, but your statements are probably accurate.
I saw Luke and Leia on several Youtube videos, in which they had an actual box. The Rey and Finn belief is entirely due to their prominence in the trailers. Did John mention any new Marvel sets?

I saw Luke and Leia on several Youtube videos, in which they had an actual box. The Rey and Finn belief is entirely due to their prominence in the trailers. Did John mention any new Marvel sets?
He mentioned that there would be one, but said he was contractually obliged not to say anything more about it.

He mentioned that there would be one, but said he was contractually obliged not to say anything more about it.
Odd, especially since they've already announced all the Marvel films up to 2019, so that might give us some clue. They are: Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Dr. Strange, GOTG 2, Spider-Man (full title tba), Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War Part 1, Black Panther, Captian Marvel, Infinity War Part 2, Inhumans

Odd, especially since they've already announced all the Marvel films up to 2019, so that might give us some clue. They are: Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Dr. Strange, GOTG 2, Spider-Man (full title tba), Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War Part 1, Black Panther, Captian Marvel, Infinity War Part 2, Inhumans
It's probably Age of Ultron since there will be Hulkbuster and Ultron figures. Just not sure why they couldn't announce it yet.

Disney Infinity needs to come up with an X-Men set already!  I know the rights belong to someone else, Fox?, but still it would be awesome to play as Wolverine or Colossus. Ah wishful thinking...

Disney Infinity needs to come up with an X-Men set already! I know the rights belong to someone else, Fox?, but still it would be awesome to play as Wolverine or Colossus. Ah wishful thinking...
Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man (on film, at least) but that didn't stop Disney from doing a Spider-Man play set. I expect if they do an X-Men set, it will be around when Apocalypse launches, regardless of whether the playset has anything to do with the film.

Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man (on film, at least) but that didn't stop Disney from doing a Spider-Man play set. I expect if they do an X-Men set, it will be around when Apocalypse launches, regardless of whether the playset has anything to do with the film.
The Spidey playset (and subsequent figures) was based on the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon series, which is owned by Marvel/Disney. There is no current X-Men cartoon (or other property for that matter) that a new set could be based on. Antman wouldn't sell, and they wouldn't be able to base an entire playset on Wanda and Pietro. I honestly don't know where they would go with Marvel right now, but I would buy a Scarlet Witch figure for 2x retail if need be.

It boils down to Mavel and Sony have a good relationship, Marvel and Fox do not.  Silly, but there it is. 

Oh, for anyone in the midwest, Meijer appears to be clearancing out some 1.0 stuff.  Picked up Mater for $3.89 and the Toy Story playset for $13.99

My local Walmart has all the 1.0 single figures for $5, and all the 1.0 playsets and Toy Boxes for $10. Single figures were Jack, Rapunzel, Woody, Mickey, Ralph, Mike, and 1 Elsa. Lots of Lone Ranger playsets, a few Cars, 1 Toy Story, and a handful of Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph toy box sets.

Are the 1.0 and2.0 characters worth picking up if I don't plan on jumping on until 3.0?
Depends.

It's your favorite character ever, yes, you might as well. Other than Mickey Mouse, there are no characters who are getting replaced with new versions in 3.0.

In terms of power level, be aware that the 1.0 characters are significantly limited in comparison to 2.0. In many cases, their one attack just flat out does more damage to compensate for the fact that their 2.0 counterparts have special moves, movement powers, block breaker combos, etc. It may be worth going to Youtube and searching for "disney infinity 2.0 [name]" to see if someone has posted a video of how functional or non-functional that character is. If you want to buy the car racing game, go farming, or sightsee in user created content any character will probably work, so it's just the more combat heavy areas where you might have problems.

They have not stated explicitly whether the new 3.0 characters will have new types of abilities that the 2.0 characters do not. They have said that many weapons including some 1.0 characters have updated attacks that were made by Ninja Theory in designing the Star Wars playsets. Also, it sounds like many or perhaps all Marvel 2.0 characters will be allowed to play in the 3.0 Marvel playset (that exists and probably is an Ultron movie tie-in, but they're not talking yet) so that's some level of added value to buying those characters during 2.0 if you like them. (Right now there are no announced playsets that use any existing Disney figures.)

Depends.

It's your favorite character ever, yes, you might as well. Other than Mickey Mouse, there are no characters who are getting replaced with new versions in 3.0.

In terms of power level, be aware that the 1.0 characters are significantly limited in comparison to 2.0. In many cases, their one attack just flat out does more damage to compensate for the fact that their 2.0 counterparts have special moves, movement powers, block breaker combos, etc. It may be worth going to Youtube and searching for "disney infinity 2.0 [name]" to see if someone has posted a video of how functional or non-functional that character is. If you want to buy the car racing game, go farming, or sightsee in user created content any character will probably work, so it's just the more combat heavy areas where you might have problems.

They have not stated explicitly whether the new 3.0 characters will have new types of abilities that the 2.0 characters do not. They have said that many weapons including some 1.0 characters have updated attacks that were made by Ninja Theory in designing the Star Wars playsets. Also, it sounds like many or perhaps all Marvel 2.0 characters will be allowed to play in the 3.0 Marvel playset (that exists and probably is an Ultron movie tie-in, but they're not talking yet) so that's some level of added value to buying those characters during 2.0 if you like them. (Right now there are no announced playsets that use any existing Disney figures.)
Thanks. I'll most likely grab some of my more favorite characters they have released so far then. Just didn't want to buy them and find out they were useless with 3.0 or being replaced.

Toys R Us  6-7 thru 6-13

All Disney Infinity single figures $8.99

Edit: Looks like Best Buy has figures for $9.99 or less so if you have GCU that's better.

Looks like Best Buy has figures for $9.99 or less so if you have GCU that's better.
Yep, this was in the ad.

Does the discount for GCU apply before or after checking if you've ordered $35 worth of stuff for free shipping? I.e. if I order 4 figures for $40 and it rings up at $32 after GCU do I still get shipping? I know you can use a reward certificate to push the total below $35 and still get shipping because that's a payment, but I have no way to check the GCU thing.

I'm on the fence here because I tend to buy games months later when I can get them half off, at which point it's usually quicker and more convenient to order from Amazon (with no shipping minimum through Prime). Almost all 2.0 figures have been available for around $9-10 with Prime from Amazon for over a month now, so we're talking about waiting a month for the $9.99 sale to come back and then having to order 4-5 figures in an order to save what works out to $1-2 per figure (plus reward points, but then you need to place more orders with BB under the same terms to spend the certs). Getting the starter for $13 off at launch with GCU and a $10 reward cert plus the secret preorder bonus is very tempting, assuming other retailers don't get a better pre-order package, I'm just trying to gauge how useful GCU really is for figures if you're not driving to stores and don't routinely buy new titles for MSRP at launch.

Yep, this was in the ad.

Does the discount for GCU apply before or after checking if you've ordered $35 worth of stuff for free shipping? I.e. if I order 4 figures for $40 and it rings up at $32 after GCU do I still get shipping? I know you can use a reward certificate to push the total below $35 and still get shipping because that's a payment, but I have no way to check the GCU thing.

I'm on the fence here because I tend to buy games months later when I can get them half off, at which point it's usually quicker and more convenient to order from Amazon (with no shipping minimum through Prime). Almost all 2.0 figures have been available for around $9-10 with Prime from Amazon for over a month now, so we're talking about waiting a month for the $9.99 sale to come back and then having to order 4-5 figures in an order to save what works out to $1-2 per figure (plus reward points, but then you need to place more orders with BB under the same terms to spend the certs). Getting the starter for $13 off at launch with GCU and a $10 reward cert plus the secret preorder bonus is very tempting, assuming other retailers don't get a better pre-order package, I'm just trying to gauge how useful GCU really is for figures if you're not driving to stores and don't routinely buy new titles for MSRP at launch.
i believe its before GCU. pretty sure i had an order come up under 25$ and still qualified for free shipping.

edit: Confirmed (3 figures and 2 power disc packs = 28.75 in cart gcu, 35.95 sale price 54.95 normal price) free shipping kicked in after adding the 2nd power disc pack putting the order over 35$

Amazon has dropped the price of the Power Discs for Marvel 2.0 to $2.49 ea.  They appear to be price matching other BB deals as well.

Glad D2 power discs are getting discount everywhere now. But ever since TRu had that $0.25 D1 power disc sales, this type of discount dont appeal to me at all. Sheesh!

Probably only a matter of time until the 2.0 discs get to that .25, maybe .50 price. Seems like TRU still has quite a few of them. 

Toysrus.com has a 'special offer' of 5 power disc packs for $10 right now. No signs in the local store and the discount didn't ring up at the register. But, they price matched and manually changed the prices to $2 each.

bread's done
Back