Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

So, after telling myself I might as well wait for the Toy Story set to drop(my favorite Disney franchise), I caved on launch and picked up the starter pack with GS credit.  A week later and I now have almost everything that was released in wave 1(No Cars or extra Incredibles, my two least favorite Pixar films). :shock: 

Wave 2 is really going to kill me as it has all of the characters I'm interested in.  Crap.

I went to Toys R Us to pick up my Crystal Lighting & Violet, I noticed they still had 3 crystals in stock. Only Toys R Us (Shops at Midtown Miami) in my area to have them. I went to the Inifinity area to get power disc I wont lie I scratched. Thankfully no one else was there to see me lol. I found 2 rares and took them both to get the BOGO $1 promo. I also noticed they had 2 of TRU power discs packs picked one up for me and buddy.

Now its getting really hard having 2 figures 6 power discs and no game. I am really hoping some store has a good deal this week on the starter pack. Curse you Disney for making me cave in!!!! lol 

I went to Toys R Us to pick up my Crystal Lighting & Violet, I noticed they still had 3 crystals in stock. Only Toys R Us (Shops at Midtown Miami) in my area to have them. I went to the Inifinity area to get power disc I wont lie I scratched. Thankfully no one else was there to see me lol. I found 2 rares and took them both to get the BOGO $1 promo. I also noticed they had 2 of TRU power discs packs picked one up for me and buddy.

Now its getting really hard having 2 figures 6 power discs and no game. I am really hoping some store has a good deal this week on the starter pack. Curse you Disney for making me cave in!!!! lol
Wow, you're lucky. My experience with getting the crystal figure was the opposite. The website showed that 1 store in my area had it at the time, and I could order it and pick it up today. I immediately put the order through, and the confirmation email said that it should be ready for me to pick up in less than 2 hours.

Now, I kind of wonder if this is because I used Paypal instead of entering in my credit card information... but the order simply wasn't sent over to the store when I made it. After 4 hours had passed, I figured it couldn't hurt to call the store and ask them what's going on. The girl told me that they don't have any online orders in. They just didn't have it. So by then, someone would have surely picked it up.

I called the 800 number and asked, and the guy agreed that it should be ready for pickup by now, but for some unknown reason it's still "processing." He also gave me a code to use to get 10% off on a future purchase! Oh, yippee!

Well, the next day, I finally got the email to come pick it up! I was so excited until I scrolled down and saw that the crystal figure was actually unavailable, but I could pick up the other things that I ordered.

That really pissed me off and I ended up buying it on ebay for 25 bucks. I mean, if Toys R Us is going to do these exclusive figures AND they're going to set up a system to order it on their website, the damn thing should work. And if it is a case of using Paypal, then they shouldn't have that as an option. The only reason I use it on sites like that is to save some time and not have to pull out my wallet.

fuck you, Geo. (God, I haven't said that in YEARS :lol:)

The only people I'm pissed at really are the ones that snatched up all the TRU disc packs. There are none within at least 50 miles of here.

I just want Mike's friggin car. Everyone I've PMed had just worked out a trade with someone else. I may go to eBay tonight...
I got 0 of those. I didn't plan on hoarding, I figured all along I'd just trade extras 1:1 for anything I don't have. It's fair, right? :p

I managed to get a trade for Mike's car though! :D Made me happy. 3 TRUs near me, 30 minute drive to EACH, none at any. but I did find some new MLP merch to hoard... and a DDR mat at Kmart still sealed with the game for $20, now it's hooked into a USB port for Stepmania.

Oh and sp00ge, fuck you. (Man.. I missed urbandead now :p)

Anyways sp00ge, let me know if you need any of these, drop me a PM. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318627-wtt-disney-infinity-power-discs/page-3#entry11008916

You've always been a friend so I'll just send ones you're missing if you want. Hitting the post office Monday.

So glad I got my crystal figure the day after it came out, I haven't seen one since.

So, every store exclusive Skylander from the original + giants, every normal Skylander from both, and the minis, and so far I'm up to date on these minus 3 single card figures I can pick up this week hopefully, and random discs. Skipping Swapforce, looks terrible, hate the style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for a big discount on the starter set of this. Besides whats already been released, is Toy Story the only new playset coming out until Infinity 2 hits? (it has been confirmed that there will be 1 game a year)

Your almost 3 year old son knows how to browse Youtube? That's incredible.
It'll be $29.99 or $34.99 by black friday ;)

Well my wife and I finally started playing tonight and its FUN!  Although we are slightly mad at ourselves for not buying the game on 360 so we could both be signed in on our xbox live accounts.....  Stupid PS3 only allows each player to be signed in with one account.  

Im guessing if you play 2 player with 360 you can each sign in with a different account?!

It'll be $29.99 or $34.99 by black friday ;)
That would definitely be a very nice price for the game. I remember about 6 months after Skylanders Spyro's Adventure came out, seeing the starter pack at Target for 45 bucks and bought it on impulse. Felt it was the right price, cause after buying the 2 characters I was interested in it came to about 60 bucks.

I'd definitely pick this up instantly if it was 30 or 35, hopefully I won't have to fight mobs in the stores on BF, would be nice if Amazon did a deal on it come November. I do think that Disney missed out by not having a version for the new consoles but they probably wanted the biggest user base possible.

Well my wife and I finally started playing tonight and its FUN! Although we are slightly mad at ourselves for not buying the game on 360 so we could both be signed in on our xbox live accounts..... Stupid PS3 only allows each player to be signed in with one account.

Im guessing if you play 2 player with 360 you can each sign in with a different account?!
On a lot of Xbox 360 multiplayer games when the second player joins into the game it will make them sign in, either as a nameless guest of the first player or through an Xbox Live account. At first I thought it was inconvenient then I realized how cool it was to be over a friends house and have us both signed in as individuals. PS3 does not do this.

Well, officially on the hook now.
Plan to get the WiiU version tomorrow at Target. Got my coupon to use & decided to combine it with New Sup' Luigis release.

But spent today grabbing the special deals from Wm, Tru & Tgt. PM'd where necessary.
Mostly controlled myself and only extra buys were Mater fig and the Tru display book. Was hoping to find a crystal McQueen but no luck. Settled for his bro, Mater
Oh and grabbed two disc packs. At 3 a pop, gambled on what I'd get. But at 5, we're talkin scratchin money ;)

So I should still be under a C-note for everything, as long as Target cooperates tomorrow. Not too shabby for all these figs and the extra levels. Discs are the only thing that seem like fluff
Thanks to all for helping sort this stuff out

So, now we're all rich right, because the prices have jumped back up and the sales are over for now. We all just doubled the value of our sets ... well, except for those of you who were holding out and missed all the half of deals. Yay? ;-)

So, now we're all rich right, because the prices have jumped back up and the sales are over for now. We all just doubled the value of our sets ... well, except for those of you who were holding out and missed all the half of deals. Yay? ;-)
I am just happy that I got the figures and power discs I wanted. I can wait for the starter to get cheaper but I couldnt say no to the sales on the figs lol.

I admit I scratched today. Went to Target and wanted to figure out what it was about. Grabbed the first pack I scratched and wasn't even sure if I did it right lol. Opened it up at home and got the Buzz thingamabob. Anyway, my kid's loving the game, even though he has a hard time moving Dash. Was hoping to nab a Cars playset today, but c'est la vie, they were out and I was too tired to go back down to Best Buy and try a price match.

I'm pretty satisfied. Got everything except Mater and Francesco at pretty much half off and out of the 8 packs of power discs (including the one that came with the game) I only have two doubles.

So here was my day...

After getting the Sidekicks pack months ago from that Best Buy glitch price of $12.99, The Cars set a few days ago at Target for $17.50, and the Starter Pack from Fred Meyer yesterday for $40:

First stop was Walmart since I had a gift card I'd never otherwise use (got it last Fall from My Coke Rewards).  So, yeah, very disappointed in Walmart.  There are a lot of things to dislike about the place, but the one thing people always tout in addition to their possibly every so slightly lower prices, is their huge stores with wide selections of stuff.  Walmart had just one small section of one shelf in the huge Electronics section dedicated to both Skylanders and Disney Infinity.  And 3/4 of it was Skylanders. Seriously - they had starter packs, a handful of single figures, and two boxes of the power disc packs.  But they didn't have a single play set or 3-pack.  I'll post a picture later - it was pathetic.  If they don't have a good selection of stuff to buy, what is the point of ever going there!?  I asked at Electronics and they said there might be some in the toy section.  So we hike 2 miles over there and nothing (except more Skylanders)...   They didn't even have the demo stations that even tiny Fred Meyer Electronics sections have.  Unbelievable.

So then we went to TRU where of course they hadn't had the crystal figure or special packs since day 1 according to the rep there.   I grabbed 6 random packs for $18.

Then at Target they were all out of the play sets and the Villains pack (but of course had tons of Sidekicks ).  So I couldn't even try a price match of Walmart's web site for the Villians.  Oh well... They did price match 4 power packs for me so I got those for $11.38 after Red Card.

I didn't think about getting a rain check on the Lone Ranger pack but that's OK because I was able to grab last week's Sunday ad flyer on the way out and use that at Fred Meyer on the way home to price match the Lone Ranger set - so $17.50 on that.  Unfortunately they don't price match off of phones so I couldn't get the Villain pack (from Walmart web site price match).

I checked out all the packs I got and I have the worst luck at getting duplicates.  Seriously, in the 10 packs I got, I ended up with 3 Kahns (the horse), yet another Cinderella Coach (after already getting 2 in just 2 packs yesterday), and a duplicate Up cane (which came with my starter pack).  At least I did find Dumbo (yeah, I scratched at Target - there were tons of packs with "rares" but I just grabbed two).

All told, I'm $117 into this thing now after saying just in the beginning of the week that I wouldn't get sucked into it ;).  And note that I didn't even buy any extra figures except for that initial Sidekicks pack!

My 5 year-old played this evening and he spent the entire time in the startup Toy Box world and in the Hall of Heroes where he just grabbed all the little characters and threw them off the edge.  Good times!

So here was my day...

After getting the Sidekicks pack months ago from that Best Buy glitch price of $12.99, The Cars set a few days ago at Target for $17.50, and the Starter Pack from Fred Meyer yesterday for $40:

First stop was Walmart since I had a gift card I'd never otherwise use (got it last Fall from My Coke Rewards). So, yeah, very disappointed in Walmart. There are a lot of things to dislike about the place, but the one thing people always tout in addition to their possibly every so slightly lower prices, is their huge stores with wide selections of stuff. Walmart had just one small section of one shelf in the huge Electronics section dedicated to both Skylanders and Disney Infinity. And 3/4 of it was Skylanders. Seriously - they had starter packs, a handful of single figures, and two boxes of the power disc packs. But they didn't have a single play set or 3-pack. I'll post a picture later - it was pathetic. If they don't have a good selection of stuff to buy, what is the point of ever going there!? I asked at Electronics and they said there might be some in the toy section. So we hike 2 miles over there and nothing (except more Skylanders)... They didn't even have the demo stations that even tiny Fred Meyer Electronics sections have. Unbelievable.

So then we went to TRU where of course they hadn't had the crystal figure or special packs since day 1 according to the rep there. I grabbed 6 random packs for $18.

Then at Target they were all out of the play sets and the Villains pack (but of course had tons of Sidekicks ). So I couldn't even try a price match of Walmart's web site for the Villians. Oh well... They did price match 4 power packs for me so I got those for $11.38 after Red Card.

I didn't think about getting a rain check on the Lone Ranger pack but that's OK because I was able to grab last week's Sunday ad flyer on the way out and use that at Fred Meyer on the way home to price match the Lone Ranger set - so $17.50 on that. Unfortunately they don't price match off of phones so I couldn't get the Villain pack (from Walmart web site price match).

I checked out all the packs I got and I have the worst luck at getting duplicates. Seriously, in the 10 packs I got, I ended up with 3 Kahns (the horse), yet another Cinderella Coach (after already getting 2 in just 2 packs yesterday), and a duplicate Up cane (which came with my starter pack). At least I did find Dumbo (yeah, I scratched at Target - there were tons of packs with "rares" but I just grabbed two).

All told, I'm $117 into this thing now after saying just in the beginning of the week that I wouldn't get sucked into it ;). And note that I didn't even buy any extra figures except for that initial Sidekicks pack!

My 5 year-old played this evening and he spent the entire time in the startup Toy Box world and in the Hall of Heroes where he just grabbed all the little characters and threw them off the edge. Good times!
You could just save yourself some money and test the power discs on your base before you open them to ensure you don't open duplicates.....lol. The benefits of receipts and street smarts! :p

What are fair prices for the discs in ebay? I'm seeing a lot of variance.
Whatever you are willing to pay! I mean....retail is $5 per pack of 2... So in my opinion, if you need a couple ( in my instance 3) it will save me money to pay $2-$4 per disc and not have to deal with gas money and testing/returning to get the 3 i need.

Whatever you are willing to pay! I mean....retail is $5 per pack of 2... So in my opinion, if you need a couple ( in my instance 3) it will save me money to pay $2-$4 per disc and not have to deal with gas money and testing/returning to get the 3 i need.
Well, I still need 14, including Mike's Car and the Astro Blaster...also, I'm still on the fence about collecting them in general.

Well, I still need 14, including Mike's Car and the Astro Blaster...also, I'm still on the fence about collecting them in general.
Yea...I mean they aren't necessary... my wife and I are just OCD Disney and collecting, haha. It wasn't that hard for us...we scratched 4 packs with rares and all got all including one extra Abu. The others we got with some luck, only have a few duplicates, but have traded for a few with friends and will figure out a way to get the others.

And with TRU having the Buy One Get One for $1, we didn't have a problem with buying $12 packs....$30 for them all...eh, not bad.

With Disney infinity if I want to play online do I have to know other people and invite them? Or is there some sort of find game functionality? None of my friends play this game but I want to play online

You could just save yourself some money and test the power discs on your base before you open them to ensure you don't open duplicates.....lol. The benefits of receipts and street smarts! :p
I'm sorry - but what makes you think I didn't do that? In fact I did and will be returning at least 2 of the packs using my "full price" Fred Meyer receipt from the other day (and keeping all my B1 G1 for $1 ones).

But before I do that I'll look into trading here I guess. I'm not sure what I don't have though. I mean, there's tons in the Hall of Heroes I don't have, but I don't know which are out yet - need to look at a Series 1 sheet I guess.

So, yeah, very disappointed in Walmart. There are a lot of things to dislike about the place, but the one thing people always tout in addition to their possibly every so slightly lower prices, is their huge stores with wide selections of stuff. Walmart had just one small section of one shelf in the huge Electronics section dedicated to both Skylanders and Disney Infinity. And 3/4 of it was Skylanders. Seriously - they had starter packs, a handful of single figures, and two boxes of the power disc packs. But they didn't have a single play set or 3-pack. I'll post a picture later - it was pathetic. If they don't have a good selection of stuff to buy, what is the point of ever going there!? I asked at Electronics and they said there might be some in the toy section. So we hike 2 miles over there and nothing (except more Skylanders)... They didn't even have the demo stations that even tiny Fred Meyer Electronics sections have. Unbelievable.

Yeah, Walmart was (and always is) pretty pathetic. I saw the anemic-looking selection of Infinity that you were talking about at my local Walmart. A handful of items on the end of the electronics aisle. And the same two boxes of power discs. They just straight-up do not care.

I avoid shopping at Walmart whenever possible. Selection and stock is terrible. Go in with a list of 10 items and it is a guarantee that a minimum of 3 items will be out of stock. Come back a few days later, still out of stock. Their supposed low prices are often higher than other stores. They constantly play this game where they move things around and reset displays so that you can never easily find what you need. And the employees are so underpaid and marginalized that they look like they are being held captive against their will. That's why around my house, we refer to it as Sh!@mart.

As an FYI to everybody interested in the discs, the trading thread on here has been great. I got what I wanted and dumped my duplicates for way less than the price of driving back to a store to do returns and hope to get what I wanted.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318627-wtt-disney-infinity-power-discs/

Here is the complete list of discs that are currently out.

https://infinity.disney.com/power-discs#set1

As a note, the Tangled images are actually swapped, so keep that in mind on the trading thread. Also, if any of you were unaware, the round discs can be stacked and you can use up to 2 on each figure, even the same disc. So technically having as many as 4 of the same round disc is still usable, where having more than 1 of any Hex disc is completely pointless.

As an FYI to everybody interested in the discs, the trading thread on here has been great. I got what I wanted and dumped my duplicates for way less than the price of driving back to a store to do returns and hope to get what I wanted.

As a note, the Tangled images are actually swapped, so keep that in mind on the trading thread. Also, if any of you were unaware, the round discs can be stacked and you can use up to 2 on each figure, even the same disc. So technically having as many as 4 of the same round disc is still usable, where having more than 1 of any Hex disc is completely pointless.
Good point about the discs. Me and my fiancee stack the round ones and you can stack different hexes as well. Stacked a cinderella, kahn & alice the other day.

I'm going to hold on to my doubles I think and trade for the next waves/exclusives I think.

Wonder when all of those will come out next.

Yeah, Walmart was (and always is) pretty pathetic. I saw the anemic-looking selection of Infinity that you were talking about at my local Walmart. A handful of items on the end of the electronics aisle. And the same two boxes of power discs. They just straight-up do not care.

I avoid shopping at Walmart whenever possible. Selection and stock is terrible. Go in with a list of 10 items and it is a guarantee that a minimum of 3 items will be out of stock. Come back a few days later, still out of stock. Their supposed low prices are often higher than other stores. They constantly play this game where they move things around and reset displays so that you can never easily find what you need. And the employees are so underpaid and marginalized that they look like they are being held captive against their will. That's why around my house, we refer to it as Sh!@mart.
Or you know, they could be out of stock, as is the case with my store. It took about a week to happen, though.

Overall, you guys treat Walmart employees like shit when their douchebag managers just sit in their offices doing diddly-squat getting paid full bonuses year-round and getting free vacations to Walmart's Christmas expo thing in Florida to test out all the new gadgets before anyone else. Just stop and think before reacting to your first world problems.

EDIT: Quoted wrong guy.

Still looking for Buzz and or Mike's car... I've PMed a lot of people too, oh well.

So the game is great fun for the kids as well as adults.  Honestly much more fun that Toy Story 3.

I think the trade thread is going to be pretty big.  Especially after series 2 discs drop.

Judging from the eBay listings, the bubble is about to burst on the rare power discs. Or maybe it already has. As of yesterday, $10 per rare including shipping was the going rate. This morning I've seen them for as low as $8 shipped, with tons of new discs listed overnight. If you're like me and don't have any of the rares yet, it looks like the best course of action is to keep waiting. 

The only rare I am super worried about is the TRU ones.. but then again, if Disney does like Skylanders we could all be screwing ourselves.
TRU released an exclusive legendary pack and at first.. they sold right out. Then they got a 2nd shipment of them and for the longest, that was all that was on the shelf.
Also, they did a TRU, Target and a WM exclusive.. and then 4 months later, released them again in one pack!

Target employee was cool with my transaction.  Got Luigi, Fire Emblem and Dis.Infinity with my coupon.

Only real problem was the box seal was cut and it was the last WiiU version.  Everything looks to be new but won't have time to test it out until tonight.  Heading out to D-land in a bit

Or you know, they could be out of stock, as is the case with my store. It took about a week to happen, though.

Overall, you guys treat Walmart employees like shit when their douchebag managers just sit in their offices doing diddly-squat getting paid full bonuses year-round and getting free vacations to Walmart's Christmas expo thing in Florida to test out all the new gadgets before anyone else. Just stop and think before reacting to your first world problems.

EDIT: Quoted wrong guy.
Anytime I have been to Walmart the employees don't care and treat me like shit. The poster you quoted was saying that it is probably because they are underpaid. If I had just any standard form of customer service there I would be fine, but its been nothing but terrible CS since our Walmart opened in 2001. I've called in before and have been told items were in stock by the person just to show up 15 minutes later and nothing is there and have someone else tell me that "its been out of stock for days". That's why I don't go there unless it is my last choice or only option. I've worked shitty jobs before but I never took it out on the customers and always treated them with respect and faked a smile, it's just common courtesy.

Every time I get terrible service at restaurants and discuss it with people later on (I'm not one to complain to management) I will hear stuff like "they have such a hard job you have no idea what it's like", but I don't see any validity to this argument.

I parked cars at a Six Flags in 100+ degree weather for hours on end, on a black top, with no shade, and dealt with thousands of people, never did I consider treating them poorly or neglecting things because the job was hard. Unless you specifically mean the senior citizen or disabled employees at Walmart (which is a great thing for them to do), there are always other options for employment.

I don't know why we are all blabbing about WM and it's employees when we could be talking about Disney Infinity.. But I will jump on this off topic too..

The point is, regardless of how you get treated ... YOU should always hold YOURSELF at a higher standard. You can't control them.. nor what they thing.. nor how their day is going.. but what you can control is YOU.
Even if someone treats you like crap.. doesn't mean you have to do the same. Karma tends to handle those who dont do the right thing.. and will continue to do so.. so why ruin your karma just becaues someone wants to be a turd.

Now back to our normal thread topic? Or shall we go on about crap we can't control?

Has anyone tried to play two of the same characters on the same pad yet? Just curious...

Target employee was cool with my transaction. Got Luigi, Fire Emblem and Dis.Infinity with my coupon.

Only real problem was the box seal was cut and it was the last WiiU version. Everything looks to be new but won't have time to test it out until tonight. Heading out to D-land in a bit
Some little kid probably licked everything in it before his parents saw how much he was licking all the figures and were forced to return it to Target.

So far i picked up:

Villians Pack $14.96 plus taxes

Cars Play Set Pack $17.49 plus taxes

Lone Ranger Pack Under $15 Thanks to BB misprint

Sidekicks Pack  Under $15 Thanks to BB Misprint

Also Picked up 10 Powers Disc Pack Under $35

PS. Will Pick up Francesco , Dash, and Mater ( Next week B2G1 Free).  I waits for Violet on Wave 2 "Girls Power Pack"  and Will Pick up Disney Infinity Starter Pack by Black Friday  hope around $30 - $35 Price Range :)

So far i picked up:

Villians Pack $14.96 plus taxes

Cars Play Set Pack $17.49 plus taxes

Lone Ranger Pack Under $15 Thanks to BB misprint

Sidekicks Pack Under $15 Thanks to BB Misprint

Also Picked up 10 Powers Disc Pack Under $35

PS. Will Pick up Francesco , Dash, and Mater ( Next week B2G1 Free). I waits for Violet on Wave 2 "Girls Power Pack" and Will Pick up Disney Infinity Starter Pack by Black Friday hope around $30 - $35 Price Range :)
I don't understand what's up with so many people thinking it'll be this low... That's some mighty wishful thinking. I don't even think the first Skylanders SP has ever gotten that cheap. I'd be surprised if it's anything lower than $45-$50, that's just too steep of a price cut for something that seems to be doing well and will probably only become more popular.

Say what now? Is this new today?
No, it was months ago, I think in May, when they put the Infinity stuff up on BB website for preorder. They had listed the Lone Ranger pack and the sidekicks pack for $12.99. I was lucky enough to get the Lone Ranger pack for that price.

^ OK. I wouldn't call that a "misprint" - that usually implies a paper ad misprint that you then price match or get them to honor. I managed to get the Sidekicks pack that way - don't remember the Lone Ranger one being the same way. Oh well - I got it for $17.50 so no complaints on that.

I don't understand what's up with so many people thinking it'll be this low... That's some mighty wishful thinking. I don't even think the first Skylanders SP has ever gotten that cheap. I'd be surprised if it's anything lower than $45-$50, that's just too steep of a price cut for something that seems to be doing well and will probably only become more popular.
I'm pretty sure both Skylanders sets got dirt cheap many many times. The Starter packs are the "gateway" to get people into collecting the rest of the stuff so it makes perfect sense for them to discount them pretty steeply in a couple months to entice people to spend $100's on the other stuff. It worked for me already (getting the pack for $40 then going nuts within a few days ;)).

Yeah... How long has it been and the lowest I ever saw it was just a few weeks ago at Target for $30... Infinity isn't going that low by BF. Not a chance. Be lucky to get it at $45 - unless you have a Target coupon or there is some sort of glitch/snafu/misprint/stacked promotions.

Since most of the deals expired today, I went ahead and updated the OP and put the expired deals under a spoiler.  We are pretty light on deals this week.  If there's any that I don't have captured, add to the thread and I'll update the post next time I check.

Since most of the deals expired today, I went ahead and updated the OP and put the expired deals under a spoiler. We are pretty light on deals this week. If there's any that I don't have captured, add to the thread and I'll update the post next time I check.
Yeah, Amazon did have the Sidekicks pack for $15 still until about an hour or two ago.

^ OK. I wouldn't call that a "misprint" - that usually implies a paper ad misprint that you then price match or get them to honor. I managed to get the Sidekicks pack that way - don't remember the Lone Ranger one being the same way. Oh well - I got it for $17.50 so no complaints on that.

I'm pretty sure both Skylanders sets got dirt cheap many many times. The Starter packs are the "gateway" to get people into collecting the rest of the stuff so it makes perfect sense for them to discount them pretty steeply in a couple months to entice people to spend $100's on the other stuff. It worked for me already (getting the pack for $40 then going nuts within a few days ;)).

Lowest I remember the first one getting within a year of launch was $45(that's when I jumped on the bandwagon). And here we are nearly a year after the launch of Giants and I still haven't gotten it because it's only just started to become available regularly for under $50, and most of those have been clearance prices.

As for the SP being the gateway(which I do agree with you on), Disney seemed to want to do it backwards for their launch and it still worked. So many people went nuts with the figures/playsets and they don't even have the base package yet. Either that or they went ahead and picked up the SP b/c everything else was so affordable, which is exactly what I did.

As expected, once the ads expire, three of the local TRU all get stock in the exclusive disc packs again.  Possible coincidence, I suppose, but at least I'll finally get the Mike's car my fiance's been clamoring over.

As expected, once the ads expire, three of the local TRU all get stock in the exclusive disc packs again. Possible coincidence, I suppose, but at least I'll finally get the Mike's car my fiance's been clamoring over.
Still OOS at all 5 stores within 50 miles of me. But I would expect to see them pop back in pretty soon.

Lowest I remember the first one getting within a year of launch was $45(that's when I jumped on the bandwagon). And here we are nearly a year after the launch of Giants and I still haven't gotten it because it's only just started to become available regularly for under $50, and most of those have been clearance prices.

As for the SP being the gateway(which I do agree with you on), Disney seemed to want to do it backwards for their launch and it still worked. So many people went nuts with the figures/playsets and they don't even have the base package yet. Either that or they went ahead and picked up the SP b/c everything else was so affordable, which is exactly what I did.
Giants was actually $38 at Walmart last BF, more recently it was a $1 at Target with some creative price matching ;-)

I just said F it and bought one on ebay for $6. I am still looking for Crystal Lightning though.
I bought mine the other night when my local got more stock. They got 3 boxes (8 in a box). They still had 2 in the back when I got my 2.

The other TRU north of me had like 4 of the TRU exclusive book, but no McQueens on Friday.

Neither have had any of the gold packs since the first day. If they restock, I'll probably buy a pack and a TRU book to have the full set of series 1.

Yeah... How long has it been and the lowest I ever saw it was just a few weeks ago at Target for $30... Infinity isn't going that low by BF. Not a chance. Be lucky to get it at $45 - unless you have a Target coupon or there is some sort of glitch/snafu/misprint/stacked promotions.
Well I did get my original Skylanders starter pack that cheap....paid just over $20. But I got it used (but 100% complete and unopened) from a gohastings sale.

bread's done
Back