Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I don't understand what's up with so many people thinking it'll be this low... That's some mighty wishful thinking. I don't even think the first Skylanders SP has ever gotten that cheap. I'd be surprised if it's anything lower than $45-$50, that's just too steep of a price cut for something that seems to be doing well and will probably only become more popular.
half off is not unreasonable for one day on black friday.. no matter how good the game. someone will have it that low.

I don't understand what's up with so many people thinking it'll be this low... That's some mighty wishful thinking. I don't even think the first Skylanders SP has ever gotten that cheap. I'd be surprised if it's anything lower than $45-$50, that's just too steep of a price cut for something that seems to be doing well and will probably only become more popular.
I'm not personally thinking there will be an amazing price cut. Instead, I'm thinking at least one store will have some kind of exclusive pack-in for Black Friday, such as another crystal character or some other gimmick (glow in the dark, pre-release character, unique power disc, etc.).

I'm nearly 27 but just watched a gametrailers review on this and it looks... very fun. I'm tempted!

After all I need something a little light hearted after Splinter Cell.

EDIT: Sorry for posting this in the deals compilation thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why we are all blabbing about WM and it's employees when we could be talking about Disney Infinity.. But I will jump on this off topic too..

The point is, regardless of how you get treated ... YOU should always hold YOURSELF at a higher standard. You can't control them.. nor what they thing.. nor how their day is going.. but what you can control is YOU.
Even if someone treats you like crap.. doesn't mean you have to do the same. Karma tends to handle those who dont do the right thing.. and will continue to do so.. so why ruin your karma just becaues someone wants to be a turd.

Now back to our normal thread topic? Or shall we go on about crap we can't control?

Has anyone tried to play two of the same characters on the same pad yet? Just curious...
I agree, sorry if my post was off topic, was just responding to another poster that I really disagreed with.

Yes, the game looks like a lot of fun, I've been on here waiting for a good time to get the Starter Pack 20% off of it in its first week isn't bad. I'm saving a lot of money for an XB1, so not entirely sure if I want this game at MSRP, especially when I will want other playsets for it (Cars and Lone Ranger look like a lot of fun, and Toy Story will most likely be great). It does make me sad that they are going to have an Infinity out every year, it could have been 1 game that remained in print and always had more toys and playsets to add to it, but I suppose that would require an online connection for updating it.

Has it been confirmed if Toy Story is the only new play set coming out? In that case for the first game there would be:

Monsters University

Incredibles

Pirates

Cars

Lone Ranger

Toy Story

It's somewhat disappointing if this is all the first game ended up being as there are so many major franchises being neglected. All I see at this point makes me think the game should be called Pixar and Johnny Depp Infinity. I want to see something like:

Mickey Mouse

Snow White

Dumbo

Pinocchio

Peter Pan

That being said I know I will get Infinity 1 at some point as obviously it interests me enough to keep checking this thread for deals. Just think that they had a weird selection of playsets, but maybe it was the best way to play it safe, financially.

What is this about there being a new base game every year? I've seen 2 people say it now and I've seen this nowhere else. This game seems designed for infinite expansion, not reiteration.

I'm nearly 27 but just watched a gametrailers review on this and it looks... very fun. I'm tempted!

After all I need something a little light hearted after Splinter Cell.

EDIT: Sorry for posting this in the deals compilation thread.
No worries, I'm 28. My girlfriend laughs at me (in a "that's so cute you're frustrated at a game designed for kids"kinda way) while i play, but it's fun. It's a great time wasting kind of game.

Kmart has the figures buy 2 get 1 free in the paper today

Not sure what the price is on the singles at Kmart though

What is this about there being a new base game every year? I've seen 2 people say it now and I've seen this nowhere else. This game seems designed for infinite expansion, not reiteration.
But how? They can't provide new characters that aren't already on the disc because then people without Internet wouldn't be able to download the levels. Imagine little Johnny getting a Star Wars play set at Christmas for his never-been-on-the-Internet Wii and finding out the characters aren't recognized by his un-patched/no-DLC version of the game.

It sucks but unfortunately that is the reality. It is just like Skylanders - all the content is on the disc day one (barring perhaps a few special DLC-only things for people who can download them but those could not be associated with figures).

So it makes perfect sense for them to release a new game each year with new play sets in it. I assume they will make the newer versions backwards compatible with all the figures and power discs. And hopefully we don't need a new portal. But yeah, a new game each year is almost assured - and I have no knowledge of it either way but it only makes sense. Disney has near limitless IPs to plug into this game so they can keep it going for quite a while with yearly disc updates. Skylanders, on the other hand, has to rely on new gimmicks (first Giants and now swappable pieces on characters) to keep it fresh - and I think they will lose a lot of steam as a result of fatigue of the rather limited gameplay not to mention competition with Infinity.

My mother and son played the Cars playset with reg McQueen and crystal McQueen with no issues, but I am unsure if the game sees them as two separate characters or not.
I believe it does see the crystal characters as separate characters. I was watching a video about the pantheon thing with all the character statues and if you go out back, there's a whole other section dedicated to the crystal characters and there appeared to be around 6 to 8 spots.

On another note, my son and I are finally finishing up the MU play set.  We have one more flag to find at the University and a couple of hard-level challenges to complete, but otherwise we are near 100%.  We are at least 12 hours in at this point.

What I didn't expect out of this game was for each play set to be a fully-realized game in and of itself.  I mean, they could have released that MU game as the movie tie-in game and it would have gotten very good reviews for what it was.  Sure, it doesn't follow the plot at all but then not all movie tie-in games do.  But for sure it would have been a very nice $20 standalone game.  I've played much shorter, much worse Pixar-movie themed games (Ratatouille and Up, for example).

So if you think of it that way, the 3 "games" that are included in the Starter Pack are worth at least $60 and each expansion we got for $17.50 is also worth $20 each (and some people might value them higher - I'm just being cheap ;)).  That's without even considering Toy Box mode or the figures themselves.  So, yeah, I've done a 180 on this game and actually think it is a pretty good value now.  And my basis of comparison is Skylanders.  The expansions that came with that (for $25) were pathetic in comparison.

I was just about to say that unlike Skylanders where the game always looks the same no matter what piece you got put on there...
I think this game DOES show different chars for special or exclusive chars vs normal ones..

And with all this blabbing about not getting certain sets..

How on earth can y'all not say ...

ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!111 Where is the Star Wars set?! Have we all forgotten that Disney bought Lucas films?
On a side note, I hope they make more sets and more pieces. I know its a cash cow.. but I am loving the fact that I am having to go out and find pieces, make new friends and trades with me, and enjoying a pretty bad ass game all at the same time.

This week has been pretty amazing.
Oh, and I hate you TRU..

And iO... Well said.

I bet you guys anything that Star Wars and Marvel will get spin off games, not characters added to the main Disney infinity game. Why add characters when you can sell a whole new game called Disney Infinity: Star Wars Universe and Disney Infinity: Marvel Universe, each with their own $75 dollar starter sets. ;-)

So if you think of it that way, the 3 "games" that are included in the Starter Pack are worth at least $60 and each expansion we got for $17.50 is also worth $20 each (and some people might value them higher - I'm just being cheap ;)). That's without even considering Toy Box mode or the figures themselves. So, yeah, I've done a 180 on this game and actually think it is a pretty good value now. And my basis of comparison is Skylanders. The expansions that came with that (for $25) were pathetic in comparison.
I would wait for future expansions before comparing. I could easily see them releasing weak expansions in the future. They had a ton of time to work on the starter edition and the release sets (they even delayed the game) but once the game is released they are on a strict time table and are highly pressured to get the games out on time and crank them out every 4-6 months. Hopefully they will still be good but who knows.

I would wait for future expansions before comparing. I could easily see them releasing weak expansions in the future. They had a ton of time to work on the starter edition and the release sets (they even delayed the game) but once the game is released they are on a strict time table and are highly pressured to get the games out on time and crank them out every 4-6 months. Hopefully they will still be good but who knows.
We started playing the Lone Ranger one tonight. Sure enough I don't like that as much as MU, but then it is more the subject matter there than anything else. I never even saw the movie, and barely remember Lone Ranger TV reruns from when I was a kid - just not attached to those characters. But I am also starting to see a little repetition (the horse races are exactly the same as the bike races in MU minus the tricks).

But there's no way they could be as weak as the Skylanders packs which were essentially just one "level" added to the 10 or 12 or whatever was in the real game. I think at least we can expect them to have a decent amount of content. And they are all done already anyway. Sure enough, they might have packed in some of the better ones, but unless they totally screwed up Toy Story I don't see the future ones (for this version of Infinity) dropping off too much. Now if you are talking about the next disc release, then, yeah, perhaps there will be a drop off in quality since the success of this iteration will put pressure on a quick as possible release for the next one. On the other hand, the engine of the game is done, so they can concentrate on content going forward. Though for sure I'd like to see the framerate cleaned up for splitscreen in future versions. There's kind of no excuse for that (on PS3/360/Wii U, anyway).

My girlfriend and I got every character, and play set. My family lives in Texas so we ordered a Crystal Lightning Mcqueen from the local store in Tyler, Tx and my aunt is going to mail it to us. We currently only need the Power Discs.

I agree, sorry if my post was off topic, was just responding to another poster that I really disagreed with.

Yes, the game looks like a lot of fun, I've been on here waiting for a good time to get the Starter Pack 20% off of it in its first week isn't bad. I'm saving a lot of money for an XB1, so not entirely sure if I want this game at MSRP, especially when I will want other playsets for it (Cars and Lone Ranger look like a lot of fun, and Toy Story will most likely be great). It does make me sad that they are going to have an Infinity out every year, it could have been 1 game that remained in print and always had more toys and playsets to add to it, but I suppose that would require an online connection for updating it.

Has it been confirmed if Toy Story is the only new play set coming out? In that case for the first game there would be:
Monsters University
Incredibles
Pirates
Cars
Lone Ranger
Toy Story

It's somewhat disappointing if this is all the first game ended up being as there are so many major franchises being neglected. All I see at this point makes me think the game should be called Pixar and Johnny Depp Infinity. I want to see something like:
Mickey Mouse
Snow White
Dumbo
Pinocchio
Peter Pan

That being said I know I will get Infinity 1 at some point as obviously it interests me enough to keep checking this thread for deals. Just think that they had a weird selection of playsets, but maybe it was the best way to play it safe, financially.

If they released every "big" franchise within the first year, where would they go from there? I'm sure the roadmap for Infinity is over several years.

The release delay was actually not development-related. Disney had the game finished and ready to ship in May, but their retail partners (have to assume Walmart and TRU) came to them and asked for release to be pushed back into late summer so that kids would be buzzing about it when they went back to school. Not a bad strategy.

But with that in mind, it makes sense that the series 2 figures are coming so soon. And I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see DLC adding content to the game in the next few months.

But how? They can't provide new characters that aren't already on the disc because then people without Internet wouldn't be able to download the levels. Imagine little Johnny getting a Star Wars play set at Christmas for his never-been-on-the-Internet Wii and finding out the characters aren't recognized by his un-patched/no-DLC version of the game.

It sucks but unfortunately that is the reality. It is just like Skylanders - all the content is on the disc day one (barring perhaps a few special DLC-only things for people who can download them but those could not be associated with figures).

So it makes perfect sense for them to release a new game each year with new play sets in it. I assume they will make the newer versions backwards compatible with all the figures and power discs. And hopefully we don't need a new portal. But yeah, a new game each year is almost assured - and I have no knowledge of it either way but it only makes sense. Disney has near limitless IPs to plug into this game so they can keep it going for quite a while with yearly disc updates. Skylanders, on the other hand, has to rely on new gimmicks (first Giants and now swappable pieces on characters) to keep it fresh - and I think they will lose a lot of steam as a result of fatigue of the rather limited gameplay not to mention competition with Infinity.

If you own the portal, they could release a new disc with new content (a la Skylanders)

I have all figures except the Lightning McQueen Crystal which is a b- to find in Chicago right now. 

Yesterday, I went with my partner to Target to do some pack scratching for the first time and found 4 rare packs out of the few hundred we saw there. Got 2 dumbo, 1 buzz, 1 aladdin.

We both admit it's the thrill of trying to find the rare, best ones that keep us hooked. Since Pokemon cards died a long time ago, and Beanie Babies were too a fad, this may be one as well. But it's one we're both happy to be a part of it.  

If anyone in the Philadelphia area is looking for the crystal lightning mcqueen, TRU Cottman and Arimingo stores are showing OH stock on the website. Good Luck.

From IGN:

Wave Two
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey
  • Jack Skellington
  • Anna
  • Elsa
  • Phineas
  • Agent P
  • Rapunzel
  • Vanellope Von Schweetz
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Jessie
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Woody

Series 2 and 3 Power Discs
  • Merlin's Summon (Stat Boost)
  • Emperor Zurg's Wrath (Stat Boost)
  • Mickey's Sorcerer Hat (Stat Boost)
  • User Control (Stat Boost) (Toys 'R Us Exclusive)
  • Scrooge McDuck's Lucky Dime (Stat Boost)
  • Violet's Force Field (Stat Boost)
  • Star Command Shield (Stat Boost)
  • Rapunzel's Healing (Stat Boost)
  • Electro-Charge (Stat Boost)
  • Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Damage-inator! (Stat Boost)
  • C.H.R.O.M.E. Damage Increaser (Stat Boost)
  • Chernabog's Power (Stat Boost)
  • Ralph's Power of Destruction (Stat Boost)
  • Chill in the Air (Theme)
  • Halloween Town Sky (Theme)
  • New Holland Skyline (Theme)
  • Buy N Large Atmosphere (Theme)
  • Tron Interface (Theme)
  • Frozen Flourish (Theme)
  • Jack's Scary Decorations (Theme)
  • Victor's Experiments (Theme)
  • Wall-E's Collection (Theme)
  • On the Grid (Theme)
  • Danville Sky (Theme)
  • Tri-State Area Terrain (Theme)
  • Wall-E's Fire Extinguisher (Weapon/Pack)
  • Condor Wing Glider (Weapon/Pack)
  • Hangin' Ten Stitch with Surfboard (Weapon/Pack)
  • Flamingo Croquet Mallet (Weapon/Pack)
  • Toy Story Mania Blaster (Weapon/Pack)
  • Dragon Firework Cannon (Weapon/Pack)
  • Tantor (Ride)
  • Phillipe (Ride)
  • Headless Horseman's Horse (Ride)
  • Angus (Ride)
  • Maximus (Ride)
  • Calico Helicopter (Ride)
  • Captain Hook's Ship (Ride)
  • Disney Parks Parking Lot Tram (Ride)
  • Pizza Planet Delivery Truck (Ride)
  • Cruella De Vil's Car (Ride)
  • The Electric Mayhem Bus (Ride)

I'm figuring on keeping 1 set of power discs finished but unused, and extra Mike's Car pack unopened (once they come back in at TRU) and 2 Lightning Exclusives in the package for later on when all that stuff is scarce.

So if that is all the is in the Hall of Heroes, I wonder if that's all that Disney plans for this release or if they can upgrade the Hall of Heroes somehow? Like io said, they have to do something for anyone who doesn't have a connected 360... Or do they? I don't know how much memory is on the bases - could they possibly store the world data on the base in the future? Interesting stuff. I can't wait for the next round of figures already. My God, this has become a money suck.

I believe it does see the crystal characters as separate characters. I was watching a video about the pantheon thing with all the character statues and if you go out back, there's a whole other section dedicated to the crystal characters and there appeared to be around 6 to 8 spots.
Huh, pretty cool. I wasn't terribly enthused about a Crystal Lightning McQueen figure, but that may push me over the edge into picking one up eventually.

I bet you guys anything that Star Wars and Marvel will get spin off games, not characters added to the main Disney infinity game. Why add characters when you can sell a whole new game called Disney Infinity: Star Wars Universe and Disney Infinity: Marvel Universe, each with their own $75 dollar starter sets. ;-)
I see one for Marvel but there might be licensing issues with Hasbro, I don't know if figures like that would have a conflict of interest. I guess the same could be said about Star Wars but I don't see it as being a big money maker.

Monsters University
Incredibles
Pirates
Cars
Lone Ranger
Toy Story

Mickey Mouse
Snow White
Dumbo
Pinocchio
Peter Pan

While I agree with you, Disney was playing it safe by launching two playsets on recently released films: Monsters University & The Lone Ranger, (Which I'm sure they were hoping would have been more successful, of course.) and two of their biggest franchises: Cars & Pirates.

The Incredibles was an odd choice considering we haven't really seen much of them marketing-wise since the film's release almost a decade ago.

Overall, the sad truth is that outside of Disney's recent revival after John Lasseter was given a promotion (starting with 2009's "The Princess & the Frog"), almost all of their successful animated films/franchises over the past 15 years have come out of Pixar, so that's why you're seeing so much of it here.

The biggest issue with Star Wars, and something I admit I totally forgot about, is the contract that EA signed to be the sole provider of SW games. I don't recall the length of time that contract runs, but that could be a major limiting factor in seeing any Star Wars characters or sets anytime soon.

Now Indiana Jones on the other hand ... make me that add-on Disney!

Actually, am I the only one that thinks a Park-themed Disney Infinity would be awesome. Basically, take that Disney kinect game from a few years ago, polish the park model up and then make each of the lands a set you can buy. A theme park in your console ;-p

If anyone in the Philadelphia area is looking for the crystal lightning mcqueen, TRU Cottman and Arimingo stores are showing OH stock on the website. Good Luck.
Thank you for this...I placed an order online to pick up at store, and it went through at the Cottman store!

Got a chance last night to try out the set and it all seems good.  

Guessing the set I bought was a return from someone who picked up the wrong version.  Regardless, seems new and can't complain about the price I paid

Only thing I haven't tried is the code on the card.  What's that for anyway?

And since I was at D-land yesterday, I asked if the park was doing anything special (events, giveaways or special figs).  Only thing happening is a BIG ol' DI demo area in the Innovations center and they're selling the regular game and figs in one shop on Main St.

The codes are to make the figures playable in the PC and iPad versions of the game. But I don't think we know exactly what that means yet...

TRU now has the exclusive power disc package available for home delivery.

Too bad shipping costs more than the item itself...
Uh, yeah: $4.99 + $5.16 shipping. That is ridiculous. I can only assume that the will show up in store again (still none within 50 miles of me right now though).

Got a chance last night to try out the set and it all seems good.

Guessing the set I bought was a return from someone who picked up the wrong version. Regardless, seems new and can't complain about the price I paid

Only thing I haven't tried is the code on the card. What's that for anyway?

And since I was at D-land yesterday, I asked if the park was doing anything special (events, giveaways or special figs). Only thing happening is a BIG ol' DI demo area in the Innovations center and they're selling the regular game and figs in one shop on Main St.
I bet they are overpriced too, I can only imagine what the singles cost, most likely closer to $20.

Uh, yeah: $4.99 + $5.16 shipping. That is ridiculous. I can only assume that the will show up in store again (still none within 50 miles of me right now though).

$5.16 for shipping and they will likely dump it in to First Class mail at a cost of less than $1.50

Haven't been keeping up with the whole thread so sorry if this is a repost.

HEB Plus (grocery stores in TX only I believe) has an offer for the base game.  Buy the base game and get a $20 HEB gift card.

The individual figures and multi packs are buy 2 get 1 free.

So, I've only put in about 1/2 hour, just enough time to do the intro & a couple of Mr. Incredible challenges.

It seems like your character doesn't level-up. But you do get tokens to unlock more toys. Is that right? Or do your characters unlock more abilities as you play.

The codes are to make the figures playable in the PC and iPad versions of the game. But I don't think we know exactly what that means yet...
OK, thanks for that.

I bet they are overpriced too, I can only imagine what the singles cost, most likely closer to $20.
I was really more interested in knowing if they were doing something special, kinda like the Mickey fig early sneak peek.

I'm sure a woulda bought some L.E. item if it were only available in the park

Didn't even bother to look at the pricing since stuff is usually marked up 50%, when compared to the real world. Think they're gonna put a Starbucks into the park too; can't wait to see what those prices are gonna be :roll:

So, I've only put in about 1/2 hour, just enough time to do the intro & a couple of Mr. Incredible challenges.

It seems like your character doesn't level-up. But you do get tokens to unlock more toys. Is that right? Or do your characters unlock more abilities as you play.
no new moves. level-ups grant spins to unlock more goodies in toybox mode. that's it.

Didn't even bother to look at the pricing since stuff is usually marked up 50%, when compared to the real world. Think they're gonna put a Starbucks into the park too; can't wait to see what those prices are gonna be :roll:
http://youtu.be/gSBfiulE9TA

Not my video, but only one I could find of this clip...

Or they could release an add-on disc that installs new content to the HDD, much like the Fallout 3 add-ons.
DLC isn't an issue for 4 out of the 5 platforms.

But to prevent confused-as-shit parents, they have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Guess which platform is holding it back?

DLC isn't an issue for 4 out of the 5 platforms.

But to prevent confused-as-shit parents, they have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Guess which platform is holding it back?
I know that people like to crap on the Wii, but honestly even if it was just a 360/PS3/Wii U game they would still have the same problem. The game is meant for kids and a lot of them have systems that are not connected to the Internet. With new $200 PS3 and 360 systems they are just as cheap and accessible as the Wii was in its heyday. They wouldn't be able to make play sets and figures that didn't work "out of the box" for those systems either.

Two more Crystal variants of the Disney Infinity figure lineup have been leaked. GameSpot and Giant b0mb’s playthrough of the Disney Infinity Toy Box accidentally gave us our first look at the Lone Ranger and Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey Infinite Crystal Series figures ahead of their debut.
http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/disney-infinity-lone-ranger-sorcerer-s-apprentice-mickey-crystal-figures-leaked-1964655/

Crystal-Mickey-Lone-Ranger.png

I think I would pass on Lone Ranger, but I definitely want to score that Mickey figure!

I would also skip the Crystal Lone Ranger with how bad the movie dod you would think they would have scrapped that figure.

I would also skip the Crystal Lone Ranger with how bad the movie dod you would think they would have scrapped that figure.
They are trying to give it some exposure.

Disney doesn't even own the franchise. Classic Media (now DreamWorks Classics) does.

bread's done
Back