Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Is the second wave out yet? I haven't heard any verification on it.
I don't think he means series 2. I think he just means the restock of series 1 packs at TRU. No indication of changes. Only thing I've heard are rumors of the Tron disc showing up at TRU on 9/7, but no confirmation as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he means series 2. I think he just means the restock of series 1 packs at TRU. No indication of changes. Only thing I've heard are rumors of the Tron disc showing up at TRU on 9/7, but no confirmation as far as I know.
Gotcha. There's so many things "Second Wave" could apply to:

1) Second Wave of Power Discs (I.E. "Series 2")
2) Restock of Toys R Us Exclusive Power Disc Packs (Incl. Mike's Car)
2) "Second Wave" of TRU-Exclusive Power Disc Packs (Incl. Tron Disc)

I'd really like to get into this but cant find a good deal on the starter pack. Should I wait for the Toys R Us sale or is there an option right now?

The ad for 9/1 states the tron disk will be available in blind packs on 9/7.

"Daddy, why is that man touching all the power disc packages?"

"Look away, son, look away."
Well, luckily considering the TRU packs all have the same disc, there should be minimal touching involved.

Might be a madhouse that day. I think that is the day they are doing the disc trading event at every TRU from 12:00-2:00.
I'll be there at 9 or 10 then, when the store is open but the event hasn't started.

Well, luckily considering the TRU packs all have the same disc, there should be minimal touching involved.

I'll be there at 9 or 10 then, when the store is open but the event hasn't started.
Knowing my store they wont sale any of the exclusive packs till 12:01.

Any CAG's buying more then one to help out other CAG's? I know I have to work that day and my TRU will be picked clean.

Any CAG's buying more then one to help out other CAG's? I know I have to work that day and my TRU will be picked clean.
I might buy two, but I'm close to a full set of series 1 and I hate to buy too many duplicates once I've completed it.

If anything, if I still need one of the "normal" rares I'll probably pick up a second just to trade.

5 New Disney Toy Boxes are Available for Download !!

Cave of Wonders, Super Sidescroll, ESPN Speedway, Hot Lava & Wrestling Arena or now available for download! Go to Toy Box Share and then Disney's Toy Boxes to download. Anyone try them yet ??

Cave of Wonders - Race through the Cave of Wonders and Aladdin's Agrabah Palace. Compete against Cars characters or your friends! Super Sidescroll - Trigger the side scrolling camera to start. Then jump and bash your way through a classic game level. ESPN Speedway - Rev your engines! Race your friends around the stadium loop, brake for a pit stop, and celebrate with a victory lap. Hot Lava - Rope bridges are the only thing between you and flowing lava in this treacherous Toy Box. Watch your step! Wrestling Arena - Are you the Disney Infinity combat champ? Prove it in two tricked out wrestling rings!

Courtesy of Explicit Disney Infinity Fans Forum

Cave of Wonders, Super Sidescroll, ESPN Speedway, Hot Lava & Wrestling Arena or now available for download! Go to Toy Box Share and then Disney's Toy Boxes to download. Anyone try them yet ??

Cave of Wonders - Race through the Cave of Wonders and Aladdin's Agrabah Palace. Compete against Cars characters or your friends! Super Sidescroll - Trigger the side scrolling camera to start. Then jump and bash your way through a classic game level. ESPN Speedway - Rev your engines! Race your friends around the stadium loop, brake for a pit stop, and celebrate with a victory lap. Hot Lava - Rope bridges are the only thing between you and flowing lava in this treacherous Toy Box. Watch your step! Wrestling Arena - Are you the Disney Infinity combat champ? Prove it in two tricked out wrestling rings!
Can't wait until I actually have some time to play this game. Hopefully the toy box downloads are fun. It seems like the toy box could either be the best part of this game or the biggest let down depending on how restrictive it is.

The new Toy Boxes are cool, plus the wrestlng one gives you the frying pan and an elasti-hand.

Not looking forward to 9/7 at TRU. It's gonna be crazy. You already have tons of peole coming in to trade, but now all those people will be fighting for the Tron disc. 

Still hoping that WA gets a rystal restock.  I honest would never play with the cars one, but the collector in me wants to get them all >.. >  has anyone played the cars playset? What is is like? any good suggestions. 

As for the 9/7 my gf said if we are the only adults we are only going to take advantage of sales and leave. She doenst want to be the crepy trading adults XD 

As for the 9/7 my gf said if we are the only adults we are only going to take advantage of sales and leave. She doenst want to be the crepy trading adults XD
exactly how I feel. I am gonna go, but if it's just a bunch of kids I will just try buy some power disc packs

Straight took what I wrote word for word, except for you adding the "anyone try them yet?" You even have my mistake of putting or instead of are. :dead:

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3200#sthash.8uhhVTUz.dpbs

The new Toy Boxes are cool, plus the wrestlng one gives you the frying pan and an elasti-hand.

Not looking forward to 9/7 at TRU. It's gonna be crazy. You already have tons of peole coming in to trade, but now all those people will be fighting for the Tron disc.
Just to clarify... the wrestling toy box unlocks more toys for use in the game? I have a Rapunzel fanatic and I am going to need to get that frying pan if that's the case.

exactly how I feel. I am gonna go, but if it's just a bunch of kids I will just try buy some power disc packs
My 4 and 1/2 year old will be my beard. He's old enough to be interested in trading but doesn't understand the concept well enough so I'll be running the show. I'm going to create picture print outs for him to walk around with and trade for so he knows what to look for. My only concern is that I'd like to watch him from afar but I don't know he might get bullied or tricked by older kids. Call me cynical but...

Isl Target's B2G1 (essentially 3 for $28) a good deal for those figures (Dash, Mater, Violet etc) not in the 3 packs?
It's not a horrible option for the single pack figures, but when the Sidekicks and Villains 3-packs were $15 last week, paying almost full retail price for a 3-pack is painful. Remember that Violet will be released in a 3-pack with Vanellope and Rapunzel in a few months.

Courtesy of Explicit Disney Infinity Fans Forum
Damnit Disney, we don't want your other subsidiaries mingling in with the Disney branding.

My 4 and 1/2 year old will be my beard. He's old enough to be interested in trading but doesn't understand the concept well enough so I'll be running the show. I'm going to create picture print outs for him to walk around with and trade for so he knows what to look for. My only concern is that I'd like to watch him from afar but I don't know he might get bullied or tricked by older kids. Call me cynical but...
I think you are spot-on. I ran through the same scenarios when thinking about my kid. I don't think kids that young can really comprehend the lasting ramifications of trading so if you're on the fence, it's completely understandable to run the show for him.

Just to clarify... the wrestling toy box unlocks more toys for use in the game? I have a Rapunzel fanatic and I am going to need to get that frying pan if that's the case.
Yes, it unlocks those toys for use in the toy box.

And I agree, my wife and I will go to the trading event. If it's all kids, I don't want to look like a creep. I'll just grab a Tron disc(hopefully) and leave.

OK, keeping in mind that I'm a typical gamer, who's more user than creator...

What's up with the new worlds that get dropped in.  Are we able to build them out???  Is Disney gonna build'em out???

I ask since I hopped in the Tron vs Sugar Rush level and didn't find much of anything to do.  So I went back to completing Adventures with Mr. Incredible.

And since I'm also lazy, I still haven't tried out the crystal cube/fig that came in the starter pack.  Is that how you access the individual worlds for each of the starter figs?

A lot to like about the game, but I keep finding myself wasting time in the main hub world or hopping into the individual adventures.  So, I've barely touched the surface of this beast.

What's up with the new worlds that get dropped in. Are we able to build them out??? Is Disney gonna build'em out???

I ask since I hopped in the Tron vs Sugar Rush level and didn't find much of anything to do. So I went back to completing Adventures with Mr. Incredible.

And since I'm also lazy, I still haven't tried out the crystal cube/fig that came in the starter pack. Is that how you access the individual worlds for each of the starter figs?

A lot to like about the game, but I keep finding myself wasting time in the main hub world or hopping into the individual adventures. So, I've barely touched the surface of this beast.
Yikes, if you haven't even touched the playset token you haven't reached the REAL "Adventures with Mr. Incredible".

The playset token is what unlocks the playsets for you to play. Without it all you have is the creative side of the package.

What's up with the new worlds that get dropped in. Are we able to build them out??? Is Disney gonna build'em out???

I ask since I hopped in the Tron vs Sugar Rush level and didn't find much of anything to do. So I went back to completing Adventures with Mr. Incredible.

And since I'm also lazy, I still haven't tried out the crystal cube/fig that came in the starter pack. Is that how you access the individual worlds for each of the starter figs?

A lot to like about the game, but I keep finding myself wasting time in the main hub world or hopping into the individual adventures. So, I've barely touched the surface of this beast.
Disney will keep dropping new Toy Boxes, and eventually we'll be able to see user created Toy Boxes. I think if you own everything that is in a Disney Toy Box then you can edit it.

The crystal cube is how you access the play sets, which are essentially their own individual games. The starter pack contains the Monsters U, Pirates of the Caribbean and Incredibles play sets.

Yikes, if you haven't even touched the playset token you haven't reached the REAL "Adventures with Mr. Incredible".

The playset token is what unlocks the playsets for you to play. Without it all you have is the creative side of the package.
Thanks. That's what I thought.

Really a case of not being used to having to drop a physical item down to play a level/world. Know you gotta do that with the Cars or Lone Ranger sets but didn't expect that for the starter figs.

At least I knew just enough that I HAD to put the toy fig on there to play :)

Disney will keep dropping new Toy Boxes, and eventually we'll be able to see user created Toy Boxes. I think if you own everything that is in a Disney Toy Box then you can edit it.
Thanks.

So these are like starter levels that we can build out.

1. I just got back from my Toys R Us and I spoke to one of the workers there.  They had 5 gold packs on the shelf and he explained that they were all returns that came in over the week.  The actually did not get any new stock.  So I think that may be the case across the country.  Also, no crystal lightning McQueens.  He also said they could possible do a waitlists for some of the more popular figures that come out in the future.  He also confirmed the sale prices for next week.

So do these Disney made "toy-boxes" stay available for download for awhile or just a limited time? All this stuff is for my sons b-day which is not till the end of September. I really don't want to miss out on any free content if possible.

• I just got back from my Toys R Us and I spoke to one of the workers there. They had 5 gold packs on the shelf and he explained that they were all returns that came in over the week. The actually did not get any new stock. So I think that may be the case across the country. Also, no crystal lightning McQueens. He also said they could possible do a waitlists for some of the more popular figures that come out in the future. He also confirmed the sale prices for next week.
There was one store in my area that got more of the gold packs in stock, so I placed my order for in-store pickup. When I got there, they gave me a regular pack and I didn't notice until after I'd already left the store. When I went back, they said they didn't receive as many gold packs as the computer said they had. Then they refunded my money without apologizing for trying to pass off the wrong item in the first place. I'm not going back there...

There was one store in my area that got more of the gold packs in stock, so I placed my order for in-store pickup. When I got there, they gave me a regular pack and I didn't notice until after I'd already left the store. When I went back, they said they didn't receive as many gold packs as the computer said they had. Then they refunded my money without apologizing for trying to pass off the wrong item in the first place. I'm not going back there...
That's what I'm afraid is going to happen with me. i'm about to head out the door to pick up an in-store order for a gold-pack at a TRU that's a bit out of the way for me (I still need Mike's Car and refuse to submit to the eBayers!). I have other things to do out that way, so it won't be a wasted trip regardless.

However, last week almost turned into a clusterfuck. I ordered a crystal McQueen for pick-up at my closest TRU not thinking they were doing the BOGO%Off. So after I picked it up, I asked the guy about returning and rebuying it with another figure to get the deal and he said no problem. My fiance picked up Dash and a few other things and we went to the counter and got everything taken care of. On the way out, I checked the receipt and noticed that he put it in as a no-receipt return and I was only given ~$8 for the returned McQueen instead of the full $13.99 I just paid.

We went back in and talked to him and he took the receipt over the register, did a few things and came back and said he took care of it. He didn't have another receipt to show he did anything, so I was skeptical. But the guy was the manager and he seemed genuinely apologetic, so I took his word for it. Two days later, my PayPal debit statement showed a credit from Toys R Us for $15.xx! Basically got the McQueen for free. Not too shabby.

Anyone hear about this yet?

Personally I think that's pretty cool, though now I'm a bit sad that I don't have one... They're beta testing the things right now, but I'm still holding out hope that the wife and I will get to try them out when we're there in a couple of weeks.
Yes. It's been discussed. I can see magic bands being sold on Ebay for this. LOL.

The ad for 9/1 states the tron disk will be available in blind packs on 9/7.
the big question is, will mike's car be in the packs as well, or is it retired? Or if you already have mikes car are you going to possibly get it again?

Your logic ruins my fun!

But yes, this is an excellent time for in-store pickup.
be careful with instore pickup and the toysrus exclusive stuff

I did an instore pickup for the toysrus exclusive power disc pack and they just gave me the regular version instead.

I wonder how TRU will run the event, there could easily be a lot of stealing if they let the kids go wild.

I wish there was somewhere I could rent a kid so i don't feel like a creep going into TRU all the time.

bread's done
Back