Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Anyone else disappointed that Wreck-It Ralph isn't a playset? I know I am...
I am too. I still haven't figured out how much I like this game. The toy box is fun but when I'm playing there I don't see the appeal of needing these extra characters. And then if I'm going to play co-op I'm still waiting for pro controller support on the wiiU.

So as a result I've only opened the starter set and everything else is still unopened.

Hmm. That was more of a tangent than a response. :)

So I have a couple of Wreck it Ralph questions.

1. Where do you get the nicelander's theme seen in the Youtube videos? 

2. Where do you get Ralph's Cherry Bomb weapon? I used it in one of the adventures and it was awesome.

Are both of these things in the vault somewhere?

So I have a couple of Wreck it Ralph questions.

1. Where do you get the nicelander's theme seen in the Youtube videos?
2. Where do you get Ralph's Cherry Bomb weapon? I used it in one of the adventures and it was awesome.

Are both of these things in the vault somewhere?
I assume they are in specific character vaults for Ralph and Vanellope that can't be unlocked until the figures are released.

Well... I promise it was 60 for Lone Ranger two days ago on Amazon... and that was shipped and sold from their warehouse. I couldn't believe it... I had it sitting in my cart and got the update of the price increase while I was checking out with some other items. Either way... paid full price at Kmart and the kids already opened it... so deal is done.

I assume they are in specific character vaults for Ralph and Vanellope that can't be unlocked until the figures are released.
So when you say "character vaults" are you talking about the playset vaults like in Cars or Lone Ranger? That would indicate an unannounced playset but I don't want to get my hopes up.

So when you say "character vaults" are you talking about the playset vaults like in Cars or Lone Ranger? That would indicate an unannounced playset but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Same idea as those vaults, but they're located in the toybox instead. I'm not sure if they appear randomly or what, but I've seen them before. Same thing with a Rapunzel vault.

So its not that preordering woody or jack means they're rare.. you're just getting them earlier at those locations before they become available everywhere else?

So its not that preordering woody or jack means they're rare.. you're just getting them earlier at those locations before they become available everywhere else?
Yep. Jack is 10/1 at Gamestop and Woody is 10/5 at Wal-Mart I believe, but all retail stores will be carrying them by the beginning of November.

Same idea as those vaults, but they're located in the toybox instead. I'm not sure if they appear randomly or what, but I've seen them before. Same thing with a Rapunzel vault.
I believe each character has their own "mission/challange" that is accessed in the toy box. I thought that is where these items would unlock.

I believe each character has their own "mission/challange" that is accessed in the toy box. I thought that is where these items would unlock.
I completed a couple of those (I think Mike's Specific Scare Pig Dash) and received at least some medal. I don't remember getting an item for it though. I got a spin or two I believe.

Hilarious that this stuff is still not well documented, even on the internet.

So this whole toy box thing.. does it really have enough substance to keep older players entertained? Is there online play where you can challenge friends?
Yes but not right now. The Toy Box is a completely different take on world building than something like Little Big Planet or Minecraft. There are way, way more (well modeled) objects in the Toy Box than either of those and more importantly there are way tools that simplify the process of building a racetrack, or combat game, etc.

The problem is there is still no way to share content, many potentially crucial editor tools are locked away and must be "won" by playing the game and finding them in the vault. It likely has a bright future but was clearly launched without a lot basic functionality.

A very important but subjective aspect is the Disney licensing though. If you like the idea of building a race track around Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, or Radiator Springs then you could spend hours just messing around with all the characters, levels and content that comes on the disc AND that you can download from Disney right now for free. Upcoming themes like Toy Story in Space and Tron are teased in some free playable boxes so if your willing to pay you can have that content or if you just want to browse it you can inside of the provided content.

So this whole toy box thing.. does it really have enough substance to keep older players entertained? Is there online play where you can challenge friends?
I may not be playing the toy box correctly, but it seems as though it allows you to just customize the world and mess around... so far, my daughter seems to like it more than the playsets because she can just run around and do random things. Of course, she makes me play with her and the toybox puts me to sleep.

I may not be playing the toy box correctly, but it seems as though it allows you to just customize the world and mess around... so far, my daughter seems to like it more than the playsets because she can just run around and do random things. Of course, she makes me play with her and the toybox puts me to sleep.
I'm in that boat w you... and then I went through the tutorial thinking I was missing something... it showed some cool functions like the launcher. So I went back to toybox to build my son a cool car launching track... oh wait, launcher isn't unlocked in my toy box yet. It sucks. I have minimal time to play w him anyways between work, school, and trying to play my own games... much less to go through unlocking components that should be unlocked from the get go. And don't even get me started on the downloadable toy boxes... which is basically like walking through a museum. Blah. Whoever invented the Minecraft comparison should be executed.

I'm in that boat w you... and then I went through the tutorial thinking I was missing something... it showed some cool functions like the launcher. So I went back to toybox to build my son a cool car launching track... oh wait, launcher isn't unlocked in my toy box yet. It sucks. I have minimal time to play w him anyways between work, school, and trying to play my own games... much less to go through unlocking components that should be unlocked from the get go. And don't even get me started on the downloadable toy boxes... which is basically like walking through a museum. Blah. Whoever invented the Minecraft comparison should be executed.
The line about the museum is perfect. You can't do jack with some of those toy boxes. Running around loses its appeal after about two minutes.

My kid only ever wants to go to the Hall of Heroes anyway.

The Toy Boxes are advertisements for stuff you haven't bought or unlocked. `They are lazy beyond belief. The interesting thing is all of the adventures are made purely from components in the Toy Box... that is if you've unlocked them. The whole Toy Box is broken in many, many ways. I can't imagine Disney/Avalanche not addressing before the holidays but wow will this be a catastrophe if it doesn't improve.

Also, the iPad app is terrible. If you really want to build stuff in the Toy Box on the toilet and don't mind something that runs at 15 fps and looks like a 10 year old version of the same game, well then, there ya go.

Toys R Us has a 20% off code now active and updated in OP.

Toys 'R Us

20% off any order use code FRIENDS20, can be used for in-stock or pre-orders online; create order for $79+ to qualify for free shipping

Anyone have experience creating a Toys R Us order with different release dates?  Curious if the items ship as they get released or if they send them collectively when the last one is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried the TRU 20% coupon in conjunction with the 2 for $6 power disc sale they have going on. Curious if it take the 20% off the pre discounted price like it did with the swap event a week or two back. I could go for some $2 disc packs :)

Hand't checked this thread for a while, initially I was waiting for a good deal to come close to Black Friday, however I was able to get an even better deal around Labor Day. I didn't want to go in and seem like I am bragging about getting this deal, but maybe some other CAGs got it too. I have no idea if the sale is still going or not, but if you know a Disney employee, check it out.

It was 50% off everything Infinity from the Disney Employee store. I know someone who works for them and was able to get the starter pack and Lone Ranger for 60 dollars, after tax and shipping (there were out of stock on Cars and I wasn't interested in the figures). Only problem is that it took 2 weeks to show up, but for a deal like that I can't complain. Just got it in the mail Tuesday and this game exceeded any expectations I had. This game manages to be very relaxing and fun at the same time. I've only tried Pirates and some Toy Box stuff, but the scope of Pirates alone is great enough to be its own game. 

I was interested in this game beforehand but now that I have played it I like it even more than I ever thought I would. 

This game for some reason reminds me a lot of the Lego games, but you have more of a purpose, more variety, are in an open world, and it is a lot more fun.

How does the Cars playset compare to the others? Are Power discs worth purchasing? The one that came in my starter pack was the Sugar Rush theme.

Has anyone tried the TRU 20% coupon in conjunction with the 2 for $6 power disc sale they have going on. Curious if it take the 20% off the pre discounted price like it did with the swap event a week or two back. I could go for some $2 disc packs :)
I got it to work earlier today. Ordered x2 Mike's Car "exclusive" packs along with an XO controller, and it worked on top of the 2 for $6, each pack came out to $2.

Placed order online for in-store pickup. The coupon code took 20% off of the original $4.99 price, or $4 + tax for 2 packs. :)

Just wanted to let you guys know that the exclusive series 1 disk is on sale at TRU now.  It doesn't ship to store or have store pick up.  I successfully ordered a figure, an in store power disk, and the shipped exclusive disk and got the 20% off plus 2 for $6 disk deal.

I missed the disk the first time and picked one up.

I can't post links yet, but I'm sure you can find it.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the exclusive series 1 disk is on sale at TRU now. It doesn't ship to store or have store pick up. I successfully ordered a figure, an in store power disk, and the shipped exclusive disk and got the 20% off plus 2 for $6 disk deal.

Good deal if you're still looking for these. I didn't order but went through checkout and even with their despicable shipping prices it came out to just under $10 for 2 packs.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the exclusive series 1 disk is on sale at TRU now. It doesn't ship to store or have store pick up. I successfully ordered a figure, an in store power disk, and the shipped exclusive disk and got the 20% off plus 2 for $6 disk deal.

The only thing that sucks is that the packages aren't marked and you could end up with duplicates, its too bad we couldn't start a TRADE THREAD to help everyone out.

The only thing that sucks is that the packages aren't marked and you could end up with duplicates, its too bad we couldn't start a TRADE THREAD to help everyone out.
Hmm... caps suggest sarcasm, but I don't get it...

If you're not being sarcastic, the OP has a link to the trade thread. And everyone has already figured out you can put the packages on the base before you open them to find out if there is anything you need inside.

Can anyone confirm an MSRP for the Wreck-It-Ralph 2-pack?  Amazon, Walmart, and BBY all have the Frozen 2-pack for $30.  That seems a bit high to me, but it seems legit since its coming from several sites.  I assume the other 2-packs will all be priced similarly...

Hmm... caps suggest sarcasm, but I don't get it...

If you're not being sarcastic, the OP has a link to the trade thread. And everyone has already figured out you can put the packages on the base before you open them to find out if there is anything you need inside.
my bad, sorry didn't read all, no sarcasm intended.

my bad, sorry didn't read all, no sarcasm intended.
No problem!

Has anyone found out why the Toy Columbia toy box was removed? I assume that it was for obvious reasons, but its weird that no sites have mentioned it. It seemed that everyone was reporting on it when it was released so I would have thought its removal would have garnered more attention.

Can anyone confirm an MSRP for the Wreck-It-Ralph 2-pack? Amazon, Walmart, and BBY all have the Frozen 2-pack for $30. That seems a bit high to me, but it seems legit since its coming from several sites. I assume the other 2-packs will all be priced similarly...
Look at it like this, MSRP for one figure is $13 & MSRP for a pack of two discs is $5. So, MSRP being set at $30 seems spot-on to me.

Even the triple packs are only $4 off of MSRP, so this being $1 cheaper is probably how they're gonna run with it. $11 off( the only other cheaper price) is probably too steep of a discount for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it like this, MSRP for one figure is $13 & MSRP for a pack of two discs is $5. So, MSRP being set at $30 seems spot-on to me.

Even the triple packs are only $4 off of MSRP, so this being $1 cheaper is probably how they're gonna run with it. $11 off( the only other cheaper price) is probably too steep of a discount for them.
I'm going to go ahead and preorder from Fishpond then, see what happens...

bread's done
Back