Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

There's been some talk in YouTube videos of "don't buy the wreck it Ralph figs because they are getting a play set plackage later"....one of the videos said the same thing about the Frozen characters also, that we should avoid buying them because they'll get a play set later.

What I'm wondering is are these guys confusing "play set" with the dual packs that include the power discs or is there talk of an actual game ala Cars or Lone Ranger.

There's been some talk in YouTube videos of "don't buy the wreck it Ralph figs because they are getting a play set plackage later"....one of the videos said the same thing about the Frozen characters also, that we should avoid buying them because they'll get a play set later.

What I'm wondering is are these guys confusing "play set" with the dual packs that include the power discs or is there talk of an actual game ala Cars or Lone Ranger.
Unless there's DLC, any play set for those figures will come in the next game. I think those people are just confusing terms like you said.

LOL.. I am burnt out on all these variants and they've only released the one... I think the only thing I am going to pick up next round will be the Toy Story pack and Woody. My kid just watched Toy Story all the way through for the first time last night and loved it. I am hoping he may play some with me if I have a Toy Story set to play in.

...Oh... and Crystal Mickey. That is my only must have...

...Oh... and Crystal Mickey. That is my only must have...
Indeed, Mickey is an essential. The thought of that still makes me kind of bitter though, because I still can't understand why other staple Disney characters like Donald, Goofy, and Pluto were left off in favor of so many Pixar characters. Not having the core characters in this game just feels like so much missed opportunity and wasted revenue. Have the developers ever gone on record to explain why they left these guys out? Did Disney not want Donald in the game?

Indeed, Mickey is an essential. The thought of that still makes me kind of bitter though, because I still can't understand why other staple Disney characters like Donald, Goofy, and Pluto were left off in favor of so many Pixar characters. Not having the core characters in this game just feels like so much missed opportunity and wasted revenue. Have the developers ever gone on record to explain why they left these guys out? Did Disney not want Donald in the game?
I think they're just saving them for the next game.

hey guys any advice for those of us late to party? Going to be getting the game for the little guy for christmas and noticed the coupon this week at tru. any thoughts on waiting for further deals? I figure black friday will have something going on for this game.

thank you.

hey guys any advice for those of us late to party? Going to be getting the game for the little guy for christmas and noticed the coupon this week at tru. any thoughts on waiting for further deals? I figure black friday will have something going on for this game.

thank you.
I think most of us bought in when the game/figs were first released. At that time there were a bunch of 1/2 price or buy one, get one free deals on the character and playset packs, so those are the gold standard of deals so far. I'm hoping for more Black Friday deals to pick up the last few figs I don't have.

I'm really regretting even getting into this whole thing.  I figured my fiance and daughter (and myself form time to time) would play it.  I've put maybe an hour into it and my daughter played for about 20 minutes. My fiance, who was the biggest advocate for buying all of the stuff, hasn't even touched it. :headache:  It just seems like a massive waste of money when compared to how little use it's even getting.

I'm debating whether or not to just cut my losses and sell it off while it's still semi-hot. Most of the stuff is still sealed, aside from the starter pack, the villians pack and the loose mater figure.  I have all the currently available figures except Francesco, Violet and Woody.  And all of the currently available power discs in the TRU book.

I supposed I can hold off another month and see if it gets any more use by then or just throw it all up on eBay, as a bundle, just in time for the holiday rush.

Meanwhile, assuming the Wii U Log is correct, I've put over 80 hours into it. lol

I think it's my most-played game at this point, besting my Sonic Racing time by about 15 hours.

I'm really regretting even getting into this whole thing. I figured my fiance and daughter (and myself form time to time) would play it. I've put maybe an hour into it and my daughter played for about 20 minutes. My fiance, who was the biggest advocate for buying all of the stuff, hasn't even touched it. :headache: It just seems like a massive waste of money when compared to how little use it's even getting.

I'm debating whether or not to just cut my losses and sell it off while it's still semi-hot. Most of the stuff is still sealed, aside from the starter pack, the villians pack and the loose mater figure. I have all the currently available figures except Francesco, Violet and Woody. And all of the currently available power discs in the TRU book.

I supposed I can hold off another month and see if it gets any more use by then or just throw it all up on eBay, as a bundle, just in time for the holiday rush.
That's how I felt about the Kinect...I bought it and no one plays it. Luckily with this, we have gotten a lot more hours of co-op in. My daughter surprised me a bit because she liked the Incredibles so much more than any other characters, but I can kinda see why, as their special abilities are more unique and stand out more than the other characters.

I'm really regretting even getting into this whole thing. I figured my fiance and daughter (and myself form time to time) would play it. I've put maybe an hour into it and my daughter played for about 20 minutes. My fiance, who was the biggest advocate for buying all of the stuff, hasn't even touched it. :headache: It just seems like a massive waste of money when compared to how little use it's even getting.
Im with ya man. My GF & I have barely touched it as well. But ive cut all my ties with it. I am currently selling most of my stuff on Ebay/Craigs. I don't want to invest anymore, since I plan on getting the PS4/X1 next month. Only thing i'm keeping are the crystal figures in hopes that they carry over to DI2 for next gen. :whistle2:#

Meanwhile, assuming the Wii U Log is correct, I've put over 80 hours into it. lol

I think it's my most-played game at this point, besting my Sonic Racing time by about 15 hours.
I got 2 questions.

1. Do you have any buyers remorse in buying that console? I want to get one but the first game that has me even considering it is Wind Waker HD.

2. What can you do with the second screen in DI? Does it do anything nifty/useful?

I got 2 questions.
1. Do you have any buyers remorse in buying that console? I want to get one but the first game that has me even considering it is Wind Waker HD.
2. What can you do with the second screen in DI? Does it do anything nifty/useful?
1) No remorse at all. I lined up outside a local Best Buy on launch day last year and gladly plunked down my $350 + tax for the deluxe bundle. It's a great console with some unique features, and as always Nintendo's software just knocks it out of the park with every release.

Now, this comes with two caveats. Firstly, I'm a born and raised Nintendo fan, going all the way back to the NES I received at age 4 in 1989. I grew up with these characters, so I have a bit of a bias to Nintendo's software. I don't believe it quite reaches "fanboy" levels, primarily because I feel that the term "fanboy" is often used in a negative connotation--referring to people that don't give other publishers and developers their due.

Secondly, I hate the direction the industry as a whole has gone in. Everything is first-person shooters in drab colors with half of the content locked away behind multiplayer and downloadable content. Nintendo is the antithesis of this. They make fun, colorful games that don't rely on how many people I can kill or how many f-bombs I can drop per hour.

I own a 360 and love the damn thing, but I'll be the first to admit that I feel that the Wii's library outclassed it easily. My Wii library is at something like 70 titles while I have around 20 360 titles.

So yeah, I enjoy the Wii U, and in an effort to reduce my backlog and the amount of money I'm spending on videogames, it's going to be the only next-generation console I'm purchasing.

2) The Wii U version of infinity offers off-tv play, obviously, and it also puts the toy box inventory and controls onto the touch screen for ease of use. During playsets missions and other guides are moved to the Wii U gamepad's screen as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. Ya I am huge Nintendo fan too. I got my NES,SNES,N64,Wii & 3DS day 1. Just the WiiU was the first one I had huge reservations on. Ill probably get it by the time they release the new Smash Brothers. lol

So I ordered 2 SE Jack when the AD came out. I knew about the date being pushed back and decided to buy the regular edition to make up for the free glow-in-the-dark poster.

Ugh, now I guess I'll have to wait and see if any of my stores have any in stock around launch.

I'd been meaning to order it the last few days, but every time I tried to find some filler to bring the order up to $25 for the free shipping I always wound up not being able to decide or not finding anything.  Oh well, maybe it'll come back. 

I think most of us bought in when the game/figs were first released. At that time there were a bunch of 1/2 price or buy one, get one free deals on the character and playset packs, so those are the gold standard of deals so far. I'm hoping for more Black Friday deals to pick up the last few figs I don't have.
thanks

mostly just looking for the starter set now. I figure if multiple places has them for 59.99 that a better deal will come

I was at Disney World this weekend for the Tower of Terror 10 mile Run Disney race and ended up getting a MagicBand when I checked into the resort. Now all I need is a Mickey Mouse to see that little tribute to New Fantasyland.

I was at Disney World this weekend for the Tower of Terror 10 mile Run Disney race and ended up getting a MagicBand when I checked into the resort. Now all I need is a Mickey Mouse to see that little tribute to New Fantasyland.
We got our bands in the mail last week for our trip in 3 weeks. The Dragon Toy Box is nice, but the flying dragon is great.

A few weeks back when the Tron disc launched, does anyone remember when it went up on the website? Was it the morning of the release or at 12AM? Hoping I can set up in-store pickups for the two crystal figures and Zurg disc since I won't be able to make it to the store at 8AM.

A few weeks back when the Tron disc launched, does anyone remember when it went up on the website? Was it the morning of the release or at 12AM? Hoping I can set up in-store pickups for the two crystal figures and Zurg disc since I won't be able to make it to the store at 8AM.

I believe it was in the morning, around 9AM or so. Crystal Figures and TRU discs have been available for store pick up in the past.

It looks like Toys R Us will have a B1G1 40% off coupon starting the 13th when the two new Crystal figures get released.  Updated OP.

Toys R Us

(Upcoming 10/13) Buy One Get One 40% Off - should work for the exclusives releasing this weekend as well

(Upcoming 10/13) Disney Infinity Crystal Figure Exclusives (not a deal) - Sully & Mr. Incredible - $13.99 each

(Upcoming 10/13) Disney Infinity Power Disc TRU Exclusive Series 3 (not a deal) - $4.99, contains Emperor Zurg's Wrath

I believe it was in the morning, around 9AM or so. Crystal Figures and TRU discs have been available for store pick up in the past.
Be careful with In Store pickup for this stuff, a few of us ran into issues the last time they released a disc pack. I was able to grab a crystal McQueen and the first disc pack when these first came out with in store pickup, but the second time I used it on the day that disc pack 2 was released, my order was cancelled before the store even opened and they obviously had stock. Just a warning for anyone who thinks in store pickup will allow them to avoid crowds.

Be careful with In Store pickup for this stuff, a few of us ran into issues the last time they released a disc pack. I was able to grab a crystal McQueen and the first disc pack when these first came out with in store pickup, but the second time I used it on the day that disc pack 2 was released, my order was cancelled before the store even opened and they obviously had stock. Just a warning for anyone who thinks in store pickup will allow them to avoid crowds.
My experience was the same. Worked fine for the Mike's Car, didn't work for Tron.

It looks like Toys R Us will have a B1G1 40% off coupon starting the 13th when the two new Crystal figures get released. Updated OP.

Toys R Us
(Upcoming 10/13) Buy One Get One 40% Off - should work for the exclusives releasing this weekend as well
(Upcoming 10/13) Disney Infinity Crystal Figure Exclusives (not a deal) - Sully & Mr. Incredible - $13.99 each
(Upcoming 10/13) Disney Infinity Power Disc TRU Exclusive Series 3 (not a deal) - $4.99, contains Emperor Zurg's Wrath
Hmm, I wonder if it'll be usable online.

I'm not worried about crowds, I'm worried about some jackass scalper that gets to the store 5 minutes before I do to clear out the rack of both figures and discs. I get nervous about this kind of shit for stupid reasons--it's not like the first shipment will be all there will be.

If the aforementioned coupon is usuable online I'll likely just order them to ship-to-home.

Tron disc was online a 6am EST.  Order 4 as soon as I woke up.  Went to store around 1pm or so and picked up the order and got my credit for the 2/6 deal they had running which did not work online.  No hassles at all.  Plan on doing the same this time around.

I have a question i'm hoping a Wii U owner could answer. I have it on the 360 and while playing co op, the sound effects will not work properly. Some items wont even make a sound, like stitchs laser gun. Does this happen on Wii U also?

I have a question i'm hoping a Wii U owner could answer. I have it on the 360 and while playing co op, the sound effects will not work properly. Some items wont even make a sound, like stitchs laser gun. Does this happen on Wii U also?
Oh yeah, glitches abound, easily.

I've had the game straight up lock up on me once or twice recently, and often times sound effects will play out of the Wii U gamepad when they should be playing out of the TV speakers.

Glad I preordered the CE Jack Skellington when I did

I see TRU's site shows the exclusive Series 1 power discs are sold out and Series 2 are available to order. The pics show the same packaging for both. Anyone know if there is a difference, how to tell? Just an error on the site?

I see TRU's site shows the exclusive Series 1 power discs are sold out and Series 2 are available to order. The pics show the same packaging for both. Anyone know if there is a difference, how to tell? Just an error on the site?
For the gold-foil, TRU-exclusive packages, "Series 1" refers to packages containing Mike's New Car, and "Series 2" refers to packages containing User Control (Tron).

In person, the packages are identical to the point where there's a sticker covering the original UPC.

I appreciate the effort, TRU, but that sale is not enough to get me to walk into your store. Wake me up when we see 2 for $20 or buy 2, get 1 free.

For the gold-foil, TRU-exclusive packages, "Series 1" refers to packages containing Mike's New Car, and "Series 2" refers to packages containing User Control (Tron).

In person, the packages are identical to the point where there's a sticker covering the original UPC.
Thanks. I am new to the exclusives and trying to play catch up. A few of the TRU's in my area were sold out of the exclusive discs. Found some the other day, just not sure which series they are. My youngest has a birthday in a few weeks so I guess we'll find out when he opens them

Anyone have any trouble finding a Jack Skellington? Seems like it's been pretty easy to find, even as a gamestop exclusive.
I'm sure answers are going to vary. When I went in to GS on Saturday the cashier that helped me said his store only got two extra Jack's over what was preordered.

Anyone having trouble finding Woody? I know he is only a Walmart exclusive for three weeks but I have yet to find him at three different Walmarts I've checked. I can wait until he hits everywhere else, just weird is all.

Anyone know if the figures/power disc won't be available until 12 like it was last time for the trade event or will it just be when the store opens?
Best thing to do is ask your local TRU, nothing has been announced as far as I know and I think they are focusing on Skylanders Swapforce that day instead.

Well, got two of the TRON disk packs today finally, woot! Screw you, guy who setup a deal with me and never shipped!

Considered getting 4 so I could 2-player it and have both with xp boosts, but only had $10 to spend. :(

Thanks. I am new to the exclusives and trying to play catch up. A few of the TRU's in my area were sold out of the exclusive discs. Found some the other day, just not sure which series they are. My youngest has a birthday in a few weeks so I guess we'll find out when he opens them

I'm sure answers are going to vary. When I went in to GS on Saturday the cashier that helped me said his store only got two extra Jack's over what was preordered.

Anyone having trouble finding Woody? I know he is only a Walmart exclusive for three weeks but I have yet to find him at three different Walmarts I've checked. I can wait until he hits everywhere else, just weird is all.
Haven't been in a GS... But the only Wal Mart I walked in to since the release had 2 on the shelf. I didn't get one, yet. Figure I'll wait until it's not exclusive and TRU has a sale or something.

Correct, the only difference in the packs at the moment is the sticker UPC covering the original UPC. I believe that once all the discs have been released individualy, they will release the gold packs randomly without the UPC sticker.

Anyone know if the figures/power disc won't be available until 12 like it was last time for the trade event or will it just be when the store opens?
There is no event this time around. They should be available once the store opens. I would strongly recommend doing an in store pick up if the option is available online. Stores on average are getting about 24 of each. Most of the larger volume store will get more.

Gonna go by TRU in the city on my way home from work on Sunday (work overnight 2am-noon, so stores will be open for only a little bit) as my local TRU is full of assholes.

Need to find a Tron Exclusive still... not paying fucking $8 for shipping.

Any IDK if I'm gonna get the crystal versions of the other infinity characters.. I want to, but damn it is eating away at my wallet like mad...

Woody is nowhere to be seen at my store. only saw 2 at midnight the night of the release when I went to go by fiancee Little Mermaid on BR with a $7 off coupon. And my GS only had 1 Jack the morning of release I went to get mine (Didn't PO and didn't wanna pay extra for the case)

bread's done
Back