Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I already have all the rare power discs for series 1 but I figured at only $2.50 I might as well. I was also able to get in on Davy Jones but with how quick it went I'm worried about getting Barbosa later. Seems like you have to really be on top of these things.

I guess there is nothing for me today, the only figure I don't have is Violet. I thought they would let you choose from a list of characters but if the rest of the listings are like the first then, poo. =(

The wife grabbed frozen from Walmart for $20, she inadvertently misread the gamestop and managed to get a price match.

Yeah if I have to pay shipping on just the Frozen pack then I'm gonna pass on it. I was hoping to get both that and the starter kit and it would qualify but with no kit on sale, I'll just wait.

I need Amazon Prime.

I waited about 15 seconds before I even clicked get this lightning deal once it went live, and still got the lightning deal, but then decided not to get it.

If I don't wait those 15 seconds I should be able to get Frozen when it goes live :D (hopefully ;__; )

Oh snap, Elsa and Anna in 8 hours. That'll be gone in seconds. Hope everyone's ready :p

A few of you mentioned the app. Is that definitely quicker than the website as far as lightning deals go?
I would recommend the opposite. DON'T use the mobile app for Lightning Deals. The mobile app has no integration with the wait list function. After the deal sells out, you can add yourself to the wait list on the desktop site and then be notified if anyone who claimed the deal decides not to buy.

Perfect example: I logged into the desktop site at 12:09 after Davy Jones was very much unavailable. I joined the wait list and got a notification at 12:25 that I was able to add the item to my cart at the deal price. You have to stick around the website to get the notification - it pops up in the upper right corner with a timer, usually less than 3 minutes. If you add the item to your cart within that time, you have 15 minutes to check out and get the deal.

Guys, just a note about lightning deals in general at this time of year - many of them WILL sell out instantly. It doesn't mean there isn't a lot of stock - there could be thousands of pieces - it just means that the item is popular. DI is quite popular this season. Toys were selling out like this regularly on BF weekend. Just use the wait list function as I mentioned above and you'll still have a decent amount of success.

And I bought a 2nd power disc pack via my wife's account.  We don't have any of those packs yet, so 2 for $5 seems like a good deal.

I got into both lightning deals, ordered the power disk but cancelled Davy Jones. Dont want to buy individual characters that are also in a 3 pack. Will probably get Dash, Mater (maybe), the other power disk, and the Frozen set.

This is my first DI purchase outside of the starter pack, are there certain characters that are better than others, or characters that are hated? Whats the opinion on Mater?

Are the power discs worth getting at all, or are they just fluff? Not convinced I want to spend money on them.

Yeah if I have to pay shipping on just the Frozen pack then I'm gonna pass on it. I was hoping to get both that and the starter kit and it would qualify but with no kit on sale, I'll just wait.

I need Amazon Prime.
I made an Amazon account for my mom and am using it for the free Prime trial. :)

I got into both lightning deals, ordered the power disk but cancelled Davy Jones. Dont want to buy individual characters that are also in a 3 pack. Will probably get Dash, Mater (maybe), the other power disk, and the Frozen set.

This is my first DI purchase outside of the starter pack, are there certain characters that are better than others, or characters that are hated? Whats the opinion on Mater?
If you aren't really planning on collecting all of them, it just boils down to your actual opinion of the character. All the Cars characters play exactly the same. There isn't anything that really differentiates one character from another in a single play set other than appearance and voice (except for in The Incredible, in which they each have their own powers).

Get the characters you like and if you want to play Adventure mode with another person cooperatively, get two from the same movie.

Really bummed this is only for a limited set of figures. Was hoping the Toy Story set would go on sale. Guess maybe I'll try to get the Frozen figures but that's it - I have all the others

Damn... wait listed as soon as it went available.  Crazy.  That Frozen pack is going to kill me if I don't get it for my girls.

Tried to click on barbossa the second it went live and I'm on the wait list with 200+ people ahead of me according to the site. That's insane.

Ended up getting Barbossa after being on the wait list.  

Really scared about missing Frozen as my daughters are going to flip out if that arrives on Christmas day.  

Also, now that I'm reading more about the Play Sets, I'm seeing that this is a crazy expensive game (much more so than Skylanders) if you want Co-op play throughout all the sections.  

What a bunch of bull, I never got a chance to order it off the wait list. The popup never allowed me to get it, all I got was a popup that said my time for the deal has a expired.

What a bunch of bull, I never got a chance to order it off the wait list. The popup never allowed me to get it, all I got was a popup that said my time for the deal has a expired.
I've had that problem many times before. The main page where you click to buy, will change to Add to Cart. There is no other notification.

TRU has a Buy 1 Get 1 75% off coupon online and in store for TODAY 12/5 only.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/120513A_YT_TRU_YouTubeCoupon_Release.pdf
Hmm, I am all caught up on single figures but have to head to TRU later today anyways. Here's hoping they put out silver LR and Jack Sparrow early otherwise the B1G1 40% off on Sunday will have to do.

As for the Amazon deals, I tried to get some power discs but they were coming up full price. I may try for the Frozen set but If I don't it's ok since I got it with the $5 off coupon at Target on release day. Was hoping there was a deal on the Lone Ranger set as thats the only one we don't have

I've had that problem many times before. The main page where you click to buy, will change to Add to Cart. There is no other notification.
It never did though, it went from "You are on the waiting list" to "100% Claimed Waiting list full"

I really wish I would have taken a screenshot of my #1 on waiting list only to not have the ability to buy it come through because obviously others on the waiting list got an opportunity.

I cancelled my Davy from earlier because I don't see much point in getting individual figures for a set unless you get them all. To hell with it though, I'm not jumping through hoops all day for this because they obviously have a very limited quantity set aside for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It never did though, it went from "You are on the waiting list" to "100% Claimed Waiting list full"

I cancelled my Davy from earlier because I don't see much point in getting individual figures for a set unless you get them all. To hell with it though, I'm not jumping through hoops all day for this because they obviously have a very limited quantity set aside for this.
You don't see the point? If you have the game, you already have Jack Sparrow. So by your logic, you'll have to get them all anyway.

Well, was really hoping for a deal on the Toy Story playset as well as Woody, but I guess I'll try to get Syndrome, Dash, and Mater since I just got a free trial of Amazon Prime anyways. About $21 for those 3 (including tax) isn't bad, especially since I had some Amazon credit just sitting there.

You don't see the point? If you have the game, you already have Jack Sparrow. So by your logic, you'll have to get them all anyway.
Exactly, I can already play Pirates with Jack. The only advantage to getting the other figures is to get all of them to unlock the vault on the level. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Ugh. If people were having trouble getting Barbosa the second he was available, then the chances of any of us getting the Frozen set have to be pretty terrible =/

Ugh. If people were having trouble getting Barbosa the second he was available, then the chances of any of us getting the Frozen set have to be pretty terrible =/
I tried to get a toy for my daughter the other day on a Lightning Deal and I was told the trick is to already have the item in your cart. So that might be what happened to Barbossa. I would suggest getting Frozen in your cart prior to the sale. This is all speculation, though. I'm not guaranteeing that this will work.

I hate Toys r'Us non-stacking promos :( 

There's that BOGO 75% off on single figures for online and in-store use, but there's also a Free Power disc with the purchase of an individual DI figure. Aaaaaand, the buy 30, get 10 on DI figures or accessories... If we could stack two of the promos it woudl've been amazing, but sadly no :( 

There's that BOGO 75% off on single figures for online and in-store use, but there's also a Free Power disc with the purchase of an individual DI figure. Aaaaaand, the buy 30, get 10 on DI figures or accessories... If we could stack two of the promos it woudl've been amazing, but sadly no :(
You should at least try. A few weeks ago, I stacked a bunch of stuff together and got the Toy Story set for just around $5.

don't forget about the 20% off coupon that ends today

Have managed to get Syndrome, Dash, and Mater so far, just as I hoped for. Might go for the Frozen 2 figure pack later, but I'm undecided as I haven't seen the movie, so have no real desire to get these characters just yet.

here is what I was thinking should stack:

Frozen set-30.99 x 20% off = 24.72

2 figures 13.99+(13.99 x 75% off) = 17.4875

24.72+17.4865 = 42.2075 which would give you the 10 gc for being over 30

D'oh! I made sure to get in on the Dash lightning deal because I thought that was the last figure I needed. It turns out I already had it. It was in a bag because I was saving it for birthday/Christmas for the kids. I had gotten that, Mater, and Francesco from a Target price match of some other sale. They weren't quite as cheap as the Amazon LD so I thought, OK, I'll buy these anyway and return the ones I bought earlier. I found the Target receipt and it expires TODAY, which is 3 months after I bought them. I don't have time to get to Target today so I'll just delete them from my Amazon cart. But what are the odds? If it was tomorrow or the LD happened a few days ago it would have been no problem.

In any case, I am definitely in for the later 2 deals since I don't have any Series 2 packs and wouldn't bother with the Frozen one at anything less than half off.

They should have honored it. It explicitly states no video games but says nothing about accessories or add-ons or anything.
When I was at TRU, they scanned the Cars Playset, then scanned the 20% coupon. They said not valid. Unless it is considered video game hardware? If it was accessory I could have gotten 30% off yesterday, didn't try.

Went to TRU at lunch and they had five pegs worth of crystal Jack Sparrow but no crystal Lone Rangers. Also had the TRU exclusive disc capsule set

When I was at TRU, they scanned the Cars Playset, then scanned the 20% coupon. They said not valid. Unless it is considered video game hardware? If it was accessory I could have gotten 30% off yesterday, didn't try.
They must have changed the exclusions on the coupon, as I used a 20% off coupon last month to buy the Toy Story Playset.

I'm really curious now to know what the actual allotments were for the lightning deals considering every single one of the lightning deals figures is still in stock for regular price.  You stay classy Amazon...

These lightning deals are kinda pointless unless you have amazon prime. 

And out of the 8 figures I ordered from GameStop early Thanksgiving morning, they've only shipped one of them.

bread's done
Back