Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

call me crazy, but I have not bought any of the starter sets. I plan on grabbing most of the characters. I prefer to buy them in individual packaging because it has a better appeal as a collection set. I wish buzz lightyear, sully, mr incredible, and a few others were in individual packaging. I want to collect specific figures. I know its not cost effective, perhaps this makes me the crazy one.  

I went to a BB with my receipt from Dec 4 when I purchased two Frozen sets, and asked them whether the store's price match policy applied (since the purchase was during the period that qualified for the holiday return policy) or whether I should just do a return and rebuy. The girl asked her mgr and then asked me to just grab another set and she did the return/rebuy for me. I didn't have the two sets with me, and she was cool with that. I walked in with just a receipt and walked out with another Frozen set. I hope others get the same courtesy that was extended to me.

call me crazy, but I have not bought any of the starter sets. I plan on grabbing most of the characters. I prefer to buy them in individual packaging because it has a better appeal as a collection set. I wish buzz lightyear, sully, mr incredible, and a few others were in individual packaging. I want to collect specific figures. I know its not cost effective, perhaps this makes me the crazy one.
Pretty much.

So, still no word when the final 2 TRU exclusive discs are getting released?

Starting to think that they're gonna hold'em until Wave 3 discs gets released

The only figures that are staying in their packaging are the handful of crystal ones I own. The rest will eventually make their way out of their packaging.

What is the difference in buying the packs with multiple figures, besides getting them all together? Does it bring anything extra? Also what are the discs for? I've seen that they come in blind packs, which sucks if you're after something specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the difference in buying the packs with multiple figures, besides getting them all together? Does it bring anything extra? Also what are the discs for? I've seen that they come in blind packs, which sucks if you're after something specific.
Paying for Mrs. Incredible, Mike, and Barbosa individually at $13.99 a piece will cost you $41.97. The playset with the same three figures sold together costs $30.99. That saves you 10.98.

In the case of two-pack playsets (such as Anna & Elsa from Frozen) the individual cost would be $27.98 for both figures and the playset is $30.99. The playset, however, comes with two power discs (snow textures for the sky and ground) which can also be found in blind bags at a cost of $4.99 per bag (though since the bags are random you are not guaranteed to receive both discs in one pack and would have to spend more money trying to find them). The total cost for individual pieces would be $1.98 more ($32.97) than the playset (not factoring in the chances of getting both discs in a single pack).

The wiki would probably do a better job than I of describing what the power discs do.

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Discs

Finally "finished" the toy box. We've earned enough spins to buy everything they have available in it. I guess more stuff may appear in there when you put new characters on the base, but as far as what actually comes with the game, it looks like we are done.

What a weird sale for Best Buy. No Woody but they have Elsa for preorder as part of it (no Anna). They also have the Ralph set preorder. But you can't preorder the figures that come out Tuesday. I get the exclusivity window being the problem there, but still. Weird.

I'd love to join you guys in a toy box, but I'm on the Wii U version of the game.
Does Wii U not have online for DI or are you just assuming no one else has it? I ordered a copy from the GoHastings sale, so I'll be able to play when I get it in a few days if it has online. (My NN is Sharksocks)

Apologies if this is old news, but I'm new to DI.

I have been getting my figures at Sams Club for $10.98 each. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Hmm. Woody isn't showing up as free on the website. I'm sure he's free in the store, since it says ANY figure or playset, but I was hoping to buy the ones I wanted (including Rapunzel when they finally make her available online) and do in store pick up for tuesday. Hopefully the website will have things figured out. My local Best Buys (Glendale, CA; Burbank, CA) both have a really crappy selection of Disney Infinity items. Either its so popular at both stores that they can't keep both displays for it well-stocked, or it doesn't sell well at all and they don't care to keep the areas stocked. 

Hmm. Woody isn't showing up as free on the website. I'm sure he's free in the store, since it says ANY figure or playset, but I was hoping to buy the ones I wanted (including Rapunzel when they finally make her available online) and do in store pick up for tuesday. Hopefully the website will have things figured out. My local Best Buys (Glendale, CA; Burbank, CA) both have a really crappy selection of Disney Infinity items. Either its so popular at both stores that they can't keep both displays for it well-stocked, or it doesn't sell well at all and they don't care to keep the areas stocked.
Purchased Woody in-store last night and can confirm he's part of the deal.

So I plan on getting Vanillope, Ralph and Rapunzel as part of the buy 2 get 1 deal, easy enough.

Now for the side don’t understand, I also want to get the Frozen two pack but how do those characters work as part of the deal.  Can I get the Frozen set, then either Lone Ranger/Cars/Toy Story and get another play set for free?  Or is Frozen not considered a playset since it's just characters? 

All the characters online are part of the deal, just add all three to the cart and it will show one as $0. You don't have to go through the select box deal page.

[font=Arial, 'sans-serif']So I plan on getting Vanillope, Ralph and Rapunzel as part of the buy 2 get 1 deal, easy enough.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, 'sans-serif'] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, 'sans-serif']Now for the side don’t understand, I also want to get the Frozen two pack but how do those characters work as part of the deal. Can I get the Frozen set, then either Lone Ranger/Cars/Toy Story and get another play set for free? Or is Frozen not considered a playset since it's just characters? [/size][/font]
Yes, just add three of the $30-$35 sets and one will show as free.

So I plan on getting Vanillope, Ralph and Rapunzel as part of the buy 2 get 1 deal, easy enough.[/size]

[/size]

Now for the side don’t understand, I also want to get the Frozen two pack but how do those characters work as part of the deal. Can I get the Frozen set, then either Lone Ranger/Cars/Toy Story and get another play set for free? Or is Frozen not considered a playset since it's just characters? [/size]
All single figures, two-packs, three-packs, and playsets are included in the deal, so yeah, you can stack the Frozen set with anything else and get the third item free.

Obviously you'll want your second and third items to be either a three-pack or playset for maximum deal value.

Noticed that all single figures are "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" at Target. Perfect for me as I've only got two figures left to purchase out of what's available, so any third figure I'd get at Best Buy would be a duplicate.

Noticed that all single figures are "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" at Target. Perfect for me as I've only got two figures left to purchase out of what's available, so any third figure I'd get at Best Buy would be a duplicate.
Interesting, where did you see this. The website didn't pull it up as a deal.

Interesting, where did you see this. The website didn't pull it up as a deal.
It's in-store only according to the weekly ad.

J5sGdPD.jpg

Looks like Toys R Us is running a deal this week as well - 3 figures for $30.

So let's see...Best Buy, Target, and Toys R Us are all running deals here.

What's the breakdown...hmm...

Toys R Us is selling 3 figures for $30, which means that you're getting each figure for $10.

Best Buy is offering "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" which means that you're getting each figure for $8.66. ($12.99 x 2 = $25.98) ($25.98 ÷ 3 = $8.66)

And then Target is offering "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" which means you've getting each figure for $9.74 ($12.99 x 1.5 = $19.49) ($19.49 ÷ 2 = $9.74)

So yeah, looks like Best Buy is offering the best deal all around, though I only need two figures, so I'm likely going with Target. Plus, I'll get the extra 5% off for using their Red Card, which means each figure will be bumped down slightly more to $9.26 each.

Of course I've got $10 Best Buy Reward Credit which could bring down the figures to $5.33 a piece, but I only need two, so that'll give me a third figure that I have no use for other than flipping on eBay. Hmm.

EDIT: HOWEVER, it looks like wide release for Sorcerer Mickey is February 9th. I'm a Elite Plus member at Best Buy, which means I get a 45-day return window...so feasibly I could always just grab a random third figure and do an even exchange on February 9th, no?

Nice breakdown maximumzero.  Best Buy is still probably my best deal. 

Regarding Mickey, yes I think you could do that, although I'm sure this deal will come back again in teh next two months given the age the game will be by that point. 

Nice breakdown maximumzero. Best Buy is still probably my best deal.

Regarding Mickey, yes I think you could do that, although I'm sure this deal will come back again in teh next two months given the age the game will be by that point.
Yeah, Toys R Us is pretty consistent with their deals after all...and I'm kinda thinking I'd rather save that $10 for something more expensive and not have to deal with the hassle of exchanges.

Does Wii U not have online for DI or are you just assuming no one else has it? I ordered a copy from the GoHastings sale, so I'll be able to play when I get it in a few days if it has online. (My NN is Sharksocks)
Late response, sorry, but yes, the Wii U matches the online features of the PS3 and 360 build, just nobody has mentioned it yet in their "Hey you guys wanna hook up?" posts.

maximumzero said:
Best Buy is offering "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" which means that you're getting each figure for $8.66. ($12.99 x 2 = $25.98) ($25.98 ÷ 3 = $8.66)
And note that if you are a GCU member, the price is just $6.93. ($12.99 x 2 x 0.8 = $20.78) ($20.78 ÷ 3 = $6.93)

I'm getting a little antsy about the final two TRU exclusive discs and the remaining crystal figures. Just announce 'em already, Toys R Us, dammit!

Still mad I didn't take better advantage of the Nebraska Furniture Mart sale back when the game first came out. Buy one get one free on figures, plus all figures were on sale for like $11. Still the best deal I've seen. I only got two back then tho :(

I wonder if that "girl" pack is ever actually coming tho.. I still need Violet and the other two, but maybe I should stop waiting and just buy all those individually.

Still mad I didn't take better advantage of the Nebraska Furniture Mart sale back when the game first came out. Buy one get one free on figures, plus all figures were on sale for like $11. Still the best deal I've seen. I only got two back then tho :(

I wonder if that "girl" pack is ever actually coming tho.. I still need Violet and the other two, but maybe I should stop waiting and just buy all those individually.
Best Buy's sale is a better deal than the 3-pack would be anyway.

Picked up Toy Story, Cars and Lone Ranger playsets today for $58. Such a great deal, and like others have mentioned, we now have all available levels. My son will be thrilled. Thanks for the updating on this thread, guys.

Best Buy's sale is a better deal than the 3-pack would be anyway.
Thought about this, though I'm not even sure if I'd be able to get any. Last time I stopped by Best Buy (probably a few days before this sale started) their Disney Infinity section was totally picked over, minus like 20 Maters for some reason (guess no one loves Mater? :p)

Man, my store didnt have cars playset. So i passed on getting toy story and lone ranger playsets instore. Might have to do online order. Grrr! Didnt want to do it coz of the wait. Hehe! But oh well.

a lot of people hesitated on picking up vanellope (target exclusive) and ralp (best buy exclusive) when they were exclusive to two separate stores. I can see why, B2G1 is a much better deal. I am curious. If they are store exclusives, would they not have different S/N? This could potentially make the first batch of exclusives per store worth something. Otherwise store exclusives, is really pointless. 

I'm trying to confirm, will Rapunzel be available everywhere tomorrow?  Best Buy says 1/7/14, but you know how online retailer release dates can be. 

As it stands, I'm about to order the Toy story pack, the sidekicks pack and the frozen pack for $51.  Not bad at all for 7 figures, one playset and some discs. 

I'm trying to confirm, will Rapunzel be available everywhere tomorrow? Best Buy says 1/7/14, but you know how online retailer release dates can be.

As it stands, I'm about to order the Toy story pack, the sidekicks pack and the frozen pack for $51. Not bad at all for 7 figures, one playset and some discs.
I saw one at best buy. picked up with two other characters, as I was about to get ringed up the cashier said, "oops we are selling these tomorrow" what a waste of my time. I guess tomorrow is when they are being sold.

a lot of people hesitated on picking up vanellope (target exclusive) and ralp (best buy exclusive) when they were exclusive to two separate stores. I can see why, B2G1 is a much better deal. I am curious. If they are store exclusives, would they not have different S/N? This could potentially make the first batch of exclusives per store worth something. Otherwise store exclusives, is really pointless.
They're just timed exclusives so I doubt they'll change upcs

bread's done
Back