Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

So, after watching my daughters play the game for the first time tonight, I have no idea if they'll want the other characters.  They never once even mentioned wanting to enter the Play Sets for any of the characters, as they only wanted to play with Anna and Elsa from Frozen.  (This could have been an expensive collection for nothing if they only play with those characters.)

I'm sure they'll take a look at the other modes at some point though... (I hope.)

So, after watching my daughters play the game for the first time tonight, I have no idea if they'll want the other characters. They never once even mentioned wanting to enter the Play Sets for any of the characters, as they only wanted to play with Anna and Elsa from Frozen. (This could have been an expensive collection for nothing if they only play with those characters.)

I'm sure they'll take a look at the other modes at some point though... (I hope.)
My daughter started just like that, but afterI convinced to at least try the playsets she actually enjoyed them, particularly the Lone Ranger and Incredibles. The pirates one was confusing for her, and the Monsters, boring. She also enjoyed playing the Toy Story one, but got lost a couple of times.

decided to grab girl set for my daughter, she was telling how much she like the game when she plays with her brother.

Too good fo a deal to pass up, under $7 a figure.

rapunzel

vanellope

violet

Went to a GameStop today and found these Infinity Zipper Pullers

They were giving them away with any purchase. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Lone Ranger set was shipped on the 7th, but it's been stuck in Louisville, Kentucky since then due to "Adverse Weather". Sunny and warm is considered adverse these days?

My Lone Ranger set was shipped on the 7th, but it's been stuck in Louisville, Kentucky since then due to "Adverse Weather". Sunny and warm is considered adverse these days?
I work at the UPS in Louisville and I promise you its been anything but "sunny and warm" over here. This past Monday was the coldest its been here in 20 years.

I work at the UPS in Louisville and I promise you its been anything but "sunny and warm" over here. This past Monday was the coldest its been here in 20 years.
This^^^...........I work for FedEx and people still do not grasp the concept on how a package goes from Point A to Point B. And yes, weather is a major factor.

I was just going by the weather forcast I saw online over the last 4 days.
Well take my word for it, the weather has been all over the place. A lot of the workforce didn't come in on the worst days so that put everything behind. It got so bad that they took people out of the office that work 1st shift and told them they had to work on the ramp on 3rd shift.

I understand you're not happy, but trust me... neither were they.

Well take my word for it, the weather has been all over the place. A lot of the workforce didn't come in on the worst days so that put everything behind. It got so bad that they took people out of the office that work 1st shift and told them they had to work on the ramp on 3rd shift.

I understand you're not happy, but trust me... neither were they.
I'm actually not too concerned about the delay, I was just worried that it got lost, since a weather site I went to indicated that it was sunny and 50 some degrees. And I do have empathy for the good UPS people. The driver is my neighborhood has been working into the late evenings since early December.

Could always just grab a filler figure and check back in a few days for an exchange.
I ended up just having them ship the third one. Stupid thing was you have to actually call their dumb phone hotline to do this. There is nowhere online to change shipping method and they couldn't do it in-store. WTF Best Buy?

So anyways, once that one arrives all I'm missing are Mrs. Incredible & Violet (not counting the ones not out yet like Mickey and F&F)

The sad thing is I keep buying these and I haven't played the game in a few months :p I should really just beat Wind Waker HD so I have an excuse to put the disk back in the tray :) (I'm hoping maybe they'll offer Infinity 2 digital next time since people will have the base now... I'd play this so much more if it was always available :p)

I ended up just having them ship the third one. Stupid thing was you have to actually call their dumb phone hotline to do this. There is nowhere online to change shipping method and they couldn't do it in-store. WTF Best Buy?

So anyways, once that one arrives all I'm missing are Mrs. Incredible & Violet (not counting the ones not out yet like Mickey and F&F)

The sad thing is I keep buying these and I haven't played the game in a few months :p I should really just beat Wind Waker HD so I have an excuse to put the disk back in the tray :) (I'm hoping maybe they'll offer Infinity 2 digital next time since people will have the base now... I'd play this so much more if it was always available :p)
I'm in the same boat. I keep buying all these figures/discs but I don't even think I've played the game since September. :lol:

I'm in the same boat. I keep buying all these figures/discs but I don't even think I've played the game since September. :lol:
I think those of us with kids are the ones still playing, because if my daughter didn't want me to play with her I'd be grinding on Borderlands or something else.

I'm usually not a trophy whore, but at least the fact that this game has trophies/achievements is keeping me motivated to play. Pretty close to the platinum now.

I still play a bit from time to time, but it's never the hours-long sessions it used to be when I was still working through the playsets.

I think what has me most excited is the potential of improvement in future sequels. They've laid down a pretty great foundation for a first try here, and I can't wait to see how this year's iteration turns out.

Anywho, not that anyone cares, but I picked up two Rapunzels and a Vanellope as planned Saturday morning.

Luckily enough points cleared in my "My Best Buy" account to net me a $15 reward certificate, and just in time, too, as not only was the sale ending on Saturday but the figures were fairly wiped out compared to what I saw earlier in the week.

So after use of the reward zone certificate, two of the figures were $5.49 and one was free, so assuming I can sell one of the Rapunzels for around $11 on eBay, that'll be two figures for free.

Sorry for the triple post, but I'm about to do some opening post cleanup and I was wondering if you guys still want to keep the "expired deals" section going.

I need to know if I need to move expired deals to that section or if I can just delete them outright.

Sorry for the triple post, but I'm about to do some opening post cleanup and I was wondering if you guys still want to keep the "expired deals" section going.

I need to know if I need to move expired deals to that section or if I can just delete them outright.
Would you consider hiding them with a spoiler button? It's in the "Special BBCode" list when editing. You just put a "spoiler" at the beginning and "/spoiler" at the end with brackets around it.

I think it's handy to see how the old deals stack up to current deals when deciding whether to take advantage of a sale or to wait.

i'm weird like that

Yeah, but he turned it into a wiki post, and I was able to edit it a few days ago, so either I've been somehow banned from editing Wiki posts or the thread is busted.

So is the villan set officially out of stock everywhere?  None of the big box stores have it any longer around me. 

Also, I tried to use the Disney RFID bracelet things from Disneyland and it didn't work on my power base....bummer. 

So is the villan set officially out of stock everywhere? None of the big box stores have it any longer around me.

Also, I tried to use the Disney RFID bracelet things from Disneyland and it didn't work on my power base....bummer.
I saw the villain set at Walmart the other day even though according to the website the store was OOS. Gamestop's inventory tracker says it's "Low stock" and "in stock" at various stores around me. Hope that helps!

So is the villan set officially out of stock everywhere? None of the big box stores have it any longer around me.

Also, I tried to use the Disney RFID bracelet things from Disneyland and it didn't work on my power base....bummer.
I see the villain pack at a good deal of local Gamestop locations. Hopefully you can track it down that way.

I just realized I'll be waiting at least until April 1st to buy more figures.

With Mickey, Phineas, and Agent P all having retail exclusivity periods, there's no way I'll be able to buy all three at the same time until then.

And when I say at the same time I mean with some sort of deal, because fuck paying MSRP.

I just realized I'll be waiting at least until April 1st to buy more figures.

With Mickey, Phineas, and Agent P all having retail exclusivity periods, there's no way I'll be able to buy all three at the same time until then.

And when I say at the same time I mean with some sort of deal, because fuck paying MSRP.
I'm hoping for another buy 2 get 1 free promotion at Best Buy. That will be the least expensive way to get those figures if they run that again.

In today's "Retailer Exclusivity Roundup", I noticed that Target seems to be claiming exclusivity on the Anna figure starting on February 25th. Every other retailer is listing her for a March 11th release, so that's a 2-week head start for Target, similar to Mickey's early exclusivity at Wal-Mart and the "Phineas and Perry Toy Box Set" early exclusivity at Gamestop.

Interestingly enough, Best Buy is listing only a 1-week head start on Elsa, releasing her on March 4th. She also gets a wide release at all retailers on March 11th.

Addendum: Oh jeez, looks likes things are actually even more confusing. Looks like the single-figure Phineas is exclusive to Best Buy for 2-weeks starting 4/14, getting a wide release on 4/29.

I can't seem to see who has Agent P early, though I'm still looking.

Ugg, getting sick of these weird timed exclusives. For Christmas season, ok, I get it. But exclusives on already-available stuff in different packaging? Really? Can't we just get a normal rollout of the rest? :p

Here's the retailer breakdown:

Sorcerer Mickey: 2-Week Exclusivity
Wal-Mart Release Date: 1/26/14
Universal Release Date: 2/09/14

Anna: 2-Week Exclusivity
Target Release Date: 2/25/14
Universal Release Date: 3/11/14

Elsa: 1-Week Exclusivity
Best Buy Release Date: 3/04/14
Universal Release Date: 3/11/14

Wreck-It Ralph Toy Box Set: 3-Week Exclusivity
Toys R Us: Release Date: 3/11/14
Universal Release Date: 4/01/14

Phineas & Agent P Toy Box Set: 2-Week Exclusivity
Gamestop Release Date: 3/14/14
Universal Release Date: 4/01/14

Phineas: 2-Week Exclusivity
Best Buy Release Date: 4/15/14
Universal Release Date: 4/29/14

Interestingly enough, I can't seem to see who has "Agent P" early. The usual suspects (Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Gamestop, Toys R Us, Disney Store) all list a 4/29/14 release date. Best Buy doesn't list him at all, but I doubt they'd have him exclusive if they already have Phineas as an exclusive.

I've yet to pay MSRP for any of my figures, much like most of you. Toys R Us, Target, or Best Buy always throw some sort of sale at us, whether it be "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off", "Buy 2, Get 1 Free", or some other variation of that. Since I've already purchased all of the available figures, I'm only down to three left. Since I'd likely need to buy at least 2 or 3 figures to get a deal, it looks like I'm waiting until April 29th for the three remaining figures to all be available at the same place.

How flippin' annoying.

Did you get the online trophies yet? I haven't gotten on my PS3 for awhile, but the boy will be getting Ralph today so I'm pretty sure we'll be on there this afternoon/evening if you still need them.
No, I probably missed you as I was watching UFC. I'm in no rush, if you see me on just holler and we can get them...thanks a lot.

I don't get why none of the newer or future releases have actual playsets to go along with them, instead of being mostly useless Toy Box-only additions.

Ok, I actually do get it because it costs a lot more to develop entirely new levels, quests, etc. but it's still disappointing.

I just got the game and some figures for Christmas, and the only additional sets I've bought were Cars/Lone Ranger/Toy Story during the Best Buy B2G1 sale since those have playsets with them. I completely understand the "collect everything" mentality, but I'm not really seeing any reason besides that to pick up the future sets or figures.

I'm with you there Vaultboy. Im assuming they will add something later on because Mickey is Disney's main guy and they aren't going to just make him and not make a world for him.
If they dont make new worlds for the others at least remove the stupid restriction of figures not allowed to go into other worlds. The only reason I see for that rule is they want you to buy two from each set in order t] play with another person.

The more I hear about how much of a success Frozen is at the box office, the more I think they could've raked in so much more cash by having a dedicated Frozen playset that released concurrently with the film. I'm sure they are still making money hand over fist with sales of the Anna and Elsa toy box figures, but it could've been so much more with a real playset.

I'm hearing that Frozen has sold way, way, more than they thought it would at the box office, though, so maybe this is just the result of the unexpected.

With Infinity being a yearly thing, I'm sure we are going to see some overlap across years. We'll get a Sorceror Mickey now, but we'll get a different Mickey with a playset in a couple years. We may eventually see a Frozen playset, or a Tangled playset, and the characters will overlap such that you'll be buying a character in 2015 that you already bought in 2013, with the new version having a different costume and/or being packed into a playset (and probably a different tag in the character base).

Disney is going to milk this thing. The fact that they sell $5 blind packs indicates to me that they're down for pretty much any double-dipping they can get away with.

With Infinity being a yearly thing, I'm sure we are going to see some overlap across years. We'll get a Sorceror Mickey now, but we'll get a different Mickey with a playset in a couple years. We may eventually see a Frozen playset, or a Tangled playset, and the characters will overlap such that you'll be buying a character in 2015 that you already bought in 2013, with the new version having a different costume and/or being packed into a playset (and probably a different tag in the character base).
If they make another Rapunzel figure, then Pascal better be sitting on her shoulder!!!!

The more I hear about how much of a success Frozen is at the box office, the more I think they could've raked in so much more cash by having a dedicated Frozen playset that released concurrently with the film. I'm sure they are still making money hand over fist with sales of the Anna and Elsa toy box figures, but it could've been so much more with a real playset.

I'm hearing that Frozen has sold way, way, more than they thought it would at the box office, though, so maybe this is just the result of the unexpected.
I was at magic Kingdom Orlando yesterday and I didn't see any frozen merchandise... Hopefully epcot has some since that is where the character meet and greet is located.

I was at magic Kingdom Orlando yesterday and I didn't see any frozen merchandise... Hopefully epcot has some since that is where the character meet and greet is located.
Urgh...don't tell me that. I keep seeing more and more anecdotal evidence of folks going to Disney in January. I'm planning to go next year in January because it's supposed to the lowest crowd levels of the year...more and more it looks like that's not the case. Gah.

Urgh...don't tell me that. I keep seeing more and more anecdotal evidence of folks going to Disney in January. I'm planning to go next year in January because it's supposed to the lowest crowd levels of the year...more and more it looks like that's not the case. Gah.
I went last year during a fairly volume period (August) and we were still able to pretty much everything we wanted to do because we planned well. It's all about planning, planning, planning. With the rides, you'll figure out fast what's more popular and you'll end up knowing which rides you need to get a speed pass for and which ones you can blow off.

Also, I saw character meet and greets in every park, but the most I saw when we went were in Magic Kingdom. Epcot was more about learning other cultures and such.

Its the same for Disneyland Resort. I really am thinking that Disney was not expecting the level of success that Frozen is having and didn't prepare at all for it. The Disney parks only really had some Olaf plushies, a few little kid accessories (wigs, those packs of poorly crafted figures) and the pushcarts that cast members use to sell things around the park had light up Olaf things for a car. Nothing else, really. I was very disappointed. They only had one loose pin featuring Anna and Elsa and a 4-pack pin starter set. They had an Olaf pin during the films opening day, but that doesn't really count for constantly available merch. Disney stores, like ones found in the mall, didn't have much either. They certainly had more than a Disney park, but the display was still really small, and a lot of the items weren't that great unless you're a huge collector (dolls) or a child (wigs, hair clips, dresses). The Marvel section was bigger. Hell, the Brave section was bigger.

January, after the Disney parks take down their Christmas decorations, in considered the "off-season" for the parks. I don't know how long the "off-season" is, I think it might go until around Easter/Spring Break. Regardless, its not really a low-crowd level time The crowds are certainly better than Summer, Fall, and Winter/Christmas levels, but you should never go to a Disney park expecting it to be empty. The only time that will be true is if there is a huge HUGE rain storm that will keep families from going. I went the last day of Disneylands Christmas season (before decoration takedown) back in 2008 and it was pouring so bad you could pretty much get on whatever ride you wanted assuming they hadn't closed it. Thats unheard of for any day during their Christmas season, especially the very last day (usually a day when lower-tier annual pass members are finally unblocked).

I'm not saying it will be packed when you go, it probably won't, but don't be surprised if some of the more popular rides still have an hour+ wait time. I know at Disneyland, even on a low-crowd index day, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars still have long wait times that would make most people choose the fast pass method.

Is there any advantage to get the 2 Pack Toy Box sets over getting the characters individually? Are the power discs included with them exclusive?

The Frozen toy box set has Frozen discs that are found in series 2 packs. Same will go for the Wreck-it-Ralph pack (series 1, so maybe harder to find), Phineas and Agent P pack, and whatever toy box packs there are. Its certainly worth it if you want those discs and don't want waste a lot of money on blind packs or time scanning unopened ones and returning them if they aren't what you want. 

I think the toy box packs and the single figures should come out to around the same price assuming no sales or discounts are involved. If you want the discs, probably best to get the Toy Box pack. 

bread's done
Back