Disney's Epic Mickey Collector's Edition $28.88 free ship w Prime @ Amazon

[quote name='Stele']Too bad this game is average at best after all the pre-release coverage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was really hyped about this one. Was expecting something Kingdom Hearts-esque, but apparently it didn't turn out that way.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The regular edition is $29.99. I see no reason not to spend the additional $3.75 for the extras![/QUOTE]

All I wanted was the extras. lol

[quote name='HeSaveDave']All I wanted was the extras. lol[/QUOTE]
This. That statue is awesome. I still want to play the game but that would require plugging in my Wii again...

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but two things are holding me back.

1) This price has been trending downward lately and I see it going lower.

2) Does this game feature all waggle controls? If so I can't deal with that garbage.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but two things are holding me back.

2) Does this game feature all waggle controls? If so I can't deal with that garbage.[/QUOTE]

what platformer features all waggle controls?

I started playing this game two nights ago--it's been sitting sealed on my shelf since it was released. I'm enjoying it, but it's nothing special.

Pretty nice price for the collector's edition. I'm kind of debating getting this even though I already have a backlog plus games coming out soon that I want. I already know the game isn't anything amazing but if you're into Mickey or Disney stuff at all and don't take the game too seriously, then I'm sure it's decent.

Note: You don't need Prime for the price or free shipping.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']All I wanted was the extras. lol[/QUOTE]
Same here. I already have the game and the special press-only pen and pin; I just want the damn statue now.

[quote name='frpilot']donald duck should get a game.. i'm more of a fan of him than mickey.[/QUOTE]

Donald Duck Goin Quackers was released last generation on every system. Made by Ubi Soft. It plays and feels exactly like a really easy Rayman game. Then there is a superhero Donald Duck game as well titled PK: Out of the shadows, so Donald has seen the limelight in the VG world a little bit though the two games are not as good as they should be.

Pretty lame collector's set. Cheap statue that most likely broke during shipment, lame attempt at Wii console skins (more like "stickers" than aren't even scaled to fit the Wii nicely), and they put the bonus material on a standard DVD instead of a WOD (which I would think would be more appropriate in this case).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Now's the time people! I just checked the link and the price dropped some more.

It's now down to a mere $32.88! lol.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. It's very temping because I have a bunch of Amazon credit to use. If I buy it, I'm not going to even open this game for a long time. Do you guys really think that $32.88 is the cheapest this CE will ever get on Amazon.com?

I've been sitting here re-reading every review for the game. Some of my favorite videogame related childhood memories are playing Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion on the Sega Genesis.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I was thinking the same thing. It's very temping because I have a bunch of Amazon credit to use. If I buy it, I'm not going to even open this game for a long time. Do you guys really think that $32.88 is the cheapest this CE will ever get on Amazon.com?

I've been sitting here re-reading every review for the game. Some of my favorite videogame related childhood memories are playing Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion on the Sega Genesis.[/QUOTE]
I can't say whether or not it will go down, but it's more than worth the current price. Although the camera is a bit iffy and they didn't give us the exact game they initially promised, it's still pretty great.

32.88 now. Bought it when it was around 36. What a mistake that was. This is one of the worst game I've played in the past few years. Stay away. I had really low expectation for the game due to the bad reviews and Warren Spector's history of making broken garbage (deus ex invisible war), but yeesh, the actual game is just so much worse than I imagined.

It's so funny how this game is dropping a few cents each day.

I think the last time I saw this was with the Mafia II LE. I eventually bit when it hit around $35 because it started going back up in price. I'm not sure if I should take the plunge now because this game might do the same.

Also, does anyone know if Kirby Epic Yarns new MSRP is $29.99? It seems Gamestop and Amazon have it at that price but that's it. Or is it just a sale that GS is having and Amazon pm'd?

[quote name='ZombieToast']Probably just a sale. It's uncommon for Nintendo MSRP's to go down.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I figured. But when i go into a GS store they have actually stickered each copy with that price. That seems odd for a temporary sale.

The Collector's Edition is now at $29.64.

I have to wonder how much further it could drop, but I told myself I'd pick it up once it dropped below $30.

I got 2 copies of these for $25 each during the b2g1 deal they had last week... as long as it doesn't go that low then I'm good.

I have a handful of Wii games that I have yet to play, but with a 360 and PS3 in the entertainment center, the Wii hardly ever gets turned on. Still, I told myself that

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but two things are holding me back.

2) Does this game feature all waggle controls? If so I can't deal with that garbage.[/QUOTE]

Do your lazy self a huge favor, Chief Wiggum: go read/watch some reviews on the game. Trust-worthy sites are GiantBomb.com and GameTrailers.com. You'll probably do the smart thing and not buy this for more than $20 once you see what the honest critics have to say.

Game is difficult as sheet to control and the dang camera goes all wacko at the best times. Skip it unless you like a dust collector.

[quote name='therealdeal19']fuck IT, I bought it. I've watched this dropped a little every day for some time now.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I won't play it for a while, but I ended up buying it.

[quote name='AwRy108']Do your lazy self a huge favor, Chief Wiggum: go read/watch some reviews on the game. Trust-worthy sites are GiantBomb.com and GameTrailers.com. You'll probably do the smart thing and not buy this for more than $20 once you see what the honest critics have to say.[/QUOTE]

Very true. The game is worth about $15 to me and the crappy little stickers, dvd, and broken figure are worth about another $15 for me as a big Disney fan.

[quote name='AwRy108']Do your lazy self a huge favor, Chief Wiggum: go read/watch some reviews on the game. Trust-worthy sites are GiantBomb.com and GameTrailers.com. You'll probably do the smart thing and not buy this for more than $20 once you see what the honest critics have to say.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='freeorelse']Game is difficult as sheet to control and the dang camera goes all wacko at the best times. Skip it unless you like a dust collector.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I'd assess it that harshly, although there are undeniably problems with the camera and controls. There was a stretch where I cursed at my TV, and I hardly ever do that while playing games. It plays like a (very) poor man's Mario Galaxy.

That said, some of the environments are interesting, the characters are colorful, and at those moments when things do work like they are supposed to, you will enjoy yourself. $30 isn't bad.

my gf borrowed this from her nephew. camera angles were sooooooooooooooooo bad...she couldn't even finish it and she had such high hopes for this game. it was a big disappointment to her. i didn't even try playing it...didn't look fun AT ALL. the statue looks pretty sweet tho. her brother in law got that one and i saw it in their display case.

bread's done
Back