Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when Swagger was on the ups: Busted for DUI and marijuana possession:

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/02/20/wwe-star-jack-swagger-arrested-wwe-tv-taping-traffic-violations

Sorry for the mobile links, but I'm at work.

Just what... 6 weeks til Wrestlemania? and He couldn't stay out of trouble that long? What the hell, Swagger?

edit:
‏@ryansatin (covers Wrestling for TMZ)
Just got some more info from the police about Swagger's arrest. The DUI was NOT alcohol related. It's been listed under "other"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to imagine that the folks at WWE PR must hate their jobs. Never know what controversy they'll have to deal with next.

I bet they're going to take his WM spot away from him. Article:

WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly driving under the influence ... with pot in his car.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger -- real name Jacob Hager -- was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding.

According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence -- and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.

We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

He has been charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding -- all misdemeanors.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

He should come out and say that the market should decide whether his actions constituted a public nuisance. Real Tea Partiers would agree that the laws he violated are unfair and are a part of the work of a nanny state.

Edit: Just in case people thought I was kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLTPA_i6Bm0

The kind of people that take these kinds of risks with their career simply blow my mind.

I have nothing against pot personally (I do not partake) but seriously, you have been plucked from the lower-midcard where you were jobbing to Santino and Brodus, given a new gimmick and manager and fed a world title spot at Wrestlemania and you couldn't stay away from weed for 6 weeks? I have zero sympathy.

559825_514365641935828_1142151625_n.png

My bets on who takes his place (IF he is replaced for WM)

In no order:

1.) Cody Rhodes (A good choice IMO)
2.) Chris Jericho (Face Vs. Face)
3.) The Shield (I don't enjoy this choice but they are over right now)
4.) Ryback (PLEASE GOD NO)
5.) Antonio Cesaro (This would be my first pick)

This really sucks, because the We The People thing was one of the coolest things I've seen from WWE in quite a while.

They could terminate his deal, which they haven't before, but if they want to start a precedent from Section 14 of the Wellness Policy:

Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal.

I wonder if Vince still wants to ask Bradshaw to punish people (stiff 'em) for stupid shiz. Now would be a great time to bring JBL back to the ring, just in time for WM... and beat the everloving piss out of Swags for being a dumbass.

[quote name='mitch079']They could terminate his deal, which they haven't before, but if they want to start a precedent from Section 14 of the Wellness Policy:

Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal.[/QUOTE]

Emphasis on the semantics of "subject to immediate dismissal" which is there to ensure they don't have to fire a Cena or Orton tiered wrestler that manages to up like Swagger did. Good ol' legalese. Unfortunately for Swagger, I'm pretty sure he's that sort of caliber in the eyes of The E.

I'm sure Dixie Carter is itching to tweet about a major announcement regarding the signing of a former "world heavyweight champion".

[quote name='HydroX']I'm sure Dixie Carter is itching to tweet about a major announcement regarding the signing of a former "world heavyweight champion".[/QUOTE]

Jeff Hardy might be itching, but for a different reason :lol:

Jeff Hardy. RVD. Jack Swagger. Triple Threat Match for the TNA Championship. And a bag of pot.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He should come out and say that the market should decide whether his actions constituted a public nuisance. Real Tea Partiers would agree that the laws he violated are unfair and are a part of the work of a nanny state.

Edit: Just in case people thought I was kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLTPA_i6Bm0[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing when the news broke -- have him go all Ayn Rand-Libertarian. However, I don't think the audience is sophisticated enough for it. What a shame, I was digging the gimmick, something new and fresh. I did grimace and brace myself for faint cheers during these recent promos, with the WWE touring the south.

[quote name='mitch079']Jeff Hardy might be itching, but for a different reason :lol:[/QUOTE]

Body paint -125
Contact dermatitis -105
Crabs -300

[quote name='ced']Jeff Hardy. RVD. Jack Swagger. Triple Threat Match for the TNA Championship. And a bag of pot.[/QUOTE]

For a guy his size and reach, and wrestling background, I think there's still time for him to head down to AKA and train with Cormier and company.

Does it make me a bad person that this Swagger news makes me happy? It baffles the hell out of me that they see something in this guy to give him a title shot at WM.

I kind of hope he goes back to jobbing now...

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']My bets on who takes his place (IF he is replaced for WM)

In no order:

1.) Cody Rhodes (A good choice IMO)
2.) Chris Jericho (Face Vs. Face)
3.) The Shield (I don't enjoy this choice but they are over right now)
4.) Ryback (PLEASE GOD NO)
5.) Antonio Cesaro (This would be my first pick)[/QUOTE]

6. Randy Orton

[quote name='Demolition Man']6. Randy Orton[/QUOTE]

7. Mark Henry

One its better than the shitstorm it looks like they might be setting up with Kahli. Two, I actually have been enjoying Henry's run and like Del Rio being the underdog vs another super heavyweight.

[quote name='bg88']Does it make me a bad person that this Swagger news makes me happy? It baffles the hell out of me that they see something in this guy to give him a title shot at WM.

I kind of hope he goes back to jobbing now...[/QUOTE]

I'm right here with you. He was nothing special the first time around.

I hope he's gone. Then again, Orton is on what, strike 5 of 3? Ray too...

[quote name='HydroX']I wonder if Vince still wants to ask Bradshaw to punish people (stiff 'em) for stupid shiz. Now would be a great time to bring JBL back to the ring, just in time for WM... and beat the everloving piss out of Swags for being a dumbass.[/QUOTE]

Bradshaw used to use something else to stiff workers from what I remember.

[quote name='Chase']
For a guy his size and reach, and wrestling background, I think there's still time for him to head down to AKA and train with Cormier and company.[/QUOTE]

Very well... Dave Herman. Jack Swagger. For a bag of pot.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm kind of excited for 2k14. 2K does pretty solid work with sports games.[/QUOTE]

Yukes is still producing, though. Old wine, new bottles.

So is this the quickest someone has potentially Munsoned their push?

tumblr_m8w038F9lF1ro9dtlo1_1280.jpg

A little big, so I put it in spoiler tags.

[quote name='mitch079']So is this the quickest someone has potentially Munsoned their push?[/QUOTE]

1482681_o.gif

[quote name='JJSP']I'm kind of excited for 2k14. 2K does pretty solid work with sports games.

LOOOOOOOOOL at Swagger.[/QUOTE]

MLB 2K has never been good.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']MLB 2K has never been good.[/QUOTE]
True, but there's like four people who play that game and not The Show. The 2K NFL and NBA games were great.

Baseballs been hit and miss with 2K. I liked the Bigs and Bigs 2 and MLB Power/Bobblehead Pros. MLB 2K10 wasn't too bad on the PC which I got when Gamestop had the Opening Day Special so I don't think I experienced a lot of the glitches and problems but I was aware of them from reading the message boards back then.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yukes is still producing, though. Old wine, new bottles.[/QUOTE]

Under 2k management I can dream. Yukes isnt too bad, they just need better direction. More finetuning, less scraping parts of their engine for shitty 1 game gimmicks.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']MLB 2K has never been good.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it will be even worse this year, or, at best, the same as last year. We're less than two weeks from the release date, and they haven't announced one thing about the actual game. All they've talked about is the million dollar perfect game challenge.

[quote name='HydroX']I wonder if Vince still wants to ask Bradshaw to punish people (stiff 'em) for stupid shiz. Now would be a great time to bring JBL back to the ring, just in time for WM... and beat the everloving piss out of Swags for being a dumbass.[/QUOTE]
Swagger would likely beat the fuck out of Bradshaw if things got too heavy handed, so I'm going to have to disagree with that being a viable scenario.

[quote name='mitch079']So is this the quickest someone has potentially Munsoned their push?

tumblr_m8w038F9lF1ro9dtlo1_1280.jpg

A little big, so I put it in spoiler tags.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bg88']
1482681_o.gif
[/QUOTE]

Neither one of these are Munson though. This is who you are looking for.
Roy_Munson_sm.jpg

[quote name='KaneRobot']Swagger would likely beat the fuck out of Bradshaw if things got too heavy handed, so I'm going to have to disagree with that being a viable scenario.[/QUOTE]

If JBL were a member of the active roster, then yeah, I'm positive Vince would have him dish some punishment out on Swagger in the ring. Swagger would pretty much have to take it.

So yeah, totally viable scenario.

Backstage-wise, I agree with you that Swagger would likely whip his ass. But that's not what I meant in my quoted post.

We don't see (or hear) much of the backstage bullying stuff anymore though, so my scenario, while totally viable ;), won't happen in 2013. Wishful thinking.

[quote name='HydroX']We don't see (or hear) much of the backstage bullying stuff anymore though, so my scenario, while totally viable ;), won't happen in 2013. Wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

be-a-star-logo_standard.jpg

[quote name='KaneRobot']Swagger would likely beat the fuck out of Bradshaw if things got too heavy handed, so I'm going to have to disagree with that being a viable scenario.[/QUOTE]

Considering Swagger has a legit wrestling background and Joey Styles knocked JBL out cold I am going to have to agree with this statement. Swagger would hurt Bradshaw real bad.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I have a feeling it will be even worse this year, or, at best, the same as last year. We're less than two weeks from the release date, and they haven't announced one thing about the actual game. All they've talked about is the million dollar perfect game challenge.[/QUOTE]

This

Plus did they even release in gameplay vids yet? I'm guessing it will just be 2K12 with updated rosters new menu screens.

[quote name='TheRock88']This

Plus did they even release in gameplay vids yet? I'm guessing it will just be 2K12 with updated rosters new menu screens.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, wasn't there uncertainty about them having the license this year at all?

If you have a PS3, MLB The Show is an amazing title anyway. For Xbox 360 or Wii, well, sorry about your damn luck (to throw in a James Storm quip, as this is a wrestling thread).

[quote name='mykevermin']To be fair, wasn't there uncertainty about them having the license this year at all?

If you have a PS3, MLB The Show is an amazing title anyway. For Xbox 360 or Wii, well, sorry about your damn luck (to throw in a James Storm quip, as this is a wrestling thread).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a last minute deal so there would be a MLB game on the 360 apparently.

[quote name='musha666']Considering Swagger has a legit wrestling background and Joey Styles knocked JBL out cold I am going to have to agree with this statement. Swagger would hurt Bradshaw real bad.[/QUOTE]

In a shoot fight, yeah, Swagger wins. Again, that's not what I said.

If Vince nods to Bradshaw, and JBL goes out to the ring and stiffs the fuck out of Swagger in a match, then Swagger is going to take it on the chin like a professional.

Had to go through the introductions to realize it's pronounced "lay-ah-key" not "leaky".

Probably for the best. Announcing the team of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Leakee doesn't flow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back