Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just do not understand it. Cena is pretty much this generations Hogan. Even Hogan knew his act was getting stale, predictable, and that people were growing tired of it. Cena knows this as well as he has joked about it numerous times. The BIGGEST revitalization of Hogans career was his heel turn and it paid dividends. People that had grown tired of his crappy hero persona became fans, and even those who loved his hero persona were closet fans of the bad Hogan.

Why can't anyone realize this is what NEEDS to be done with Cena at this point and time? A love fest between Rock and him is not going to make people root for him and like him. I know it would be hard as hell to do all this make a wish stuff with him as a heel, but seriously...

Y'all act surprised at this?

I went skating and then watched Game of Thrones. fucking magnificent episode. Diana Rigg *killed* it as Olenna Tyrell. Exactly how I pictured her from the book.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']neo, I know you love to shit on current WWE, but you need to see the Punk-Taker match somehow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was planning on seeking it out. There are several guys in WWE that I enjoy but I can't abide trudging through the hours of sludge that they spew out every week in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, I'll find a few minutes worth of a golden nugget. It's not so much that I love to belittle WWE but when I see so many people continuing to scoop up what is a definitively inferior product I can't not occasionally speak out. Also, before anyone tries to throw out a TNA and/or ROH fanboy claim, saying it is a "definitively inferior product" can just as easily be applied when comparing it to WWE's own past as it can to other promotions.

[quote name='Spyder187']I just do not understand it. Cena is pretty much this generations Hogan. Even Hogan knew his act was getting stale, predictable, and that people were growing tired of it. Cena knows this as well as he has joked about it numerous times. The BIGGEST revitalization of Hogans career was his heel turn and it paid dividends. People that had grown tired of his crappy hero persona became fans, and even those who loved his hero persona were closet fans of the bad Hogan.

Why can't anyone realize this is what NEEDS to be done with Cena at this point and time? A love fest between Rock and him is not going to make people root for him and like him. I know it would be hard as hell to do all this make a wish stuff with him as a heel, but seriously...[/QUOTE]

I already posted this story before in an older CAG wrestling thread, but I'll post it again.

Went to a Raw/SD supershow about 2 years ago. There was this lady and her 2 kids (decked entirely in Cena gear, the headbands, wristbands, shirts, etc) sitting in front of us. About 45 min into the show and Cena comes out for his match and wins. The mom and her kids immediately get up afterwards and starts leaving. Me and my friends tell her theres still an hour left plus another show right after but she said its alright cause her kids just wanted to see Cena...

And thats why Cena will certainly never turn heel. We as fans keep hanging onto the hope that he will eventually turn but WWE is too afraid of losing their cash cow & media darling.

That's a good summation. WWE doesn't give a crap about storylines as long as merchandise sales and the other various revenue streams keep going strong. They're a publicly traded company and anything that doesn't show immediate and consistent profit is shown the door. If your primary interest in this business is as a wrestling fan then WWE just isn't where you want to be right now.

[quote name='mykevermin']Y'all act surprised at this?

I went skating and then watched Game of Thrones. fucking magnificent episode. Diana Rigg *killed* it as Olenna Tyrell. Exactly how I pictured her from the book.[/QUOTE]

I caught the last five minutes of Rock-Cena. So cheesy. That saluting and hand-raising bro-love serves as a reminder as to why I don't even watch WWE clips anymore.

Here is TNA's YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/TNAwrestling/videos?view=0

And ROH uploads full shows on a week delay

http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Just because there's more than just WWE out there, y'all. ;)

It's great Cena's 1 to 2 week identity crisis is over. I really thought he might have to start coming out in all black and change his music to Who Are You from FF7. I can't see me. :roll:

Summary of main events

HHH/Brock

gqsn0.gif

X3lvD.gif

Cena/Rock

1306118538487s.jpg

Honorable mention to your annual Taker burial.

Shit was atrocious, shocked there wasn't a riot after people "coming home" to see that garbage.

My report from seeing it an Ale House:

-Place was packed, people basically parked watching WM and not buying anything else. Servers were pissed, and there were tons of people waiting for tables that weren't going to open. Lucked out and grabbed a spot at the far bar, basically in the kitchen.

-Got there late, basically in time to just see the three big matches. Punk/Taker by far had the most people enthralled.

-The crowd was a good illustration of that the IWC forgets...most everyone wearing either Rock or Cena gear, some with plastic championship belts. One person was wearing a Daniel Bryan shirt.

-Then there was me with my Ziggler shirt. #Heel

-Also on that note, no one even noticed that Rhodes Scholars match was cut. I did.

-Either way, RAW should be fucking amazing tomorrow. I would fucking hope and pray so.

This is WWE, don't count on it. When your main event for Botcha..err i mean Wrestlemania has half the audience asleep (i know i was) and chanting boring something is seriously wrong.

[quote name='TheRock88']Please tell me I wasnt the only one who was hoping Cena would rush into the ring and beat up the Rock after the match.[/QUOTE]

They've been doing a decent job of messing with people a bit regarding a Cena turn. The promo last week, and the (admittedly mild) expectation that he was going to smack Rocky with the belt after he turned around. Still don't think it'll happen for a long time, but at least this isn't flat-out annoying like the Nexus storyline where everything was perfectly set up for him to turn, and they didn't do it.

Not a great show. The Undertaker thing is starting to become a real problem since they rarely put him on last...the crowd is always out of gas after whatever match he's in. That was a fairly fun match but didn't get the same reaction where I was that the matches the last few years did (ie even the non-fans watching with me were yelling at every near-fall by the end).

HHH-Lesnar was quite literally where nearly half the people passed out on the couches. Alcohol probably had something to do with that, but good god was that long.

Rock-Cena just seemed sloppy. The final few minutes put an Undertaker match to shame with all the finishes/teased finishes. Nice touch with doing the ending sequence from last year, having Cena counter it, and then having Rock kick out. Thought for sure that was going to be the end.

Don't know if they were trying to make a point about how "serious" that match was or what, but when Cena came out with no big presentation, and then The Rock did the same, I assumed that they were just short on time (even with cutting the mixed tag match).

Orton and Sheamus being total afterthoughts on the card (not to mention losing) makes me happy.

EDIT - I saw on the Observer site that "It's very cold and that's hurting crowd reactions a lot" as well as "Based on e-mails from people in the arena, the explanation for the weak crowd reactions is so many of the seats had obstructed views." So...there's that.

My original plans were to watch this week's Impact and ROH during Wrestlemania... but I slept instead. :lol:

(Two 12 hours work days in a row with 4 hours of sleep in between will do that to ya! :puke: )

Oh, and Living Colour may be the first time I've ever though a rock band sounded OK at Wrestlemania. I guess Motorhead at 17 would have been OK if Lemmy knew the words.

[quote name='Sonne']http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=btxEePYNwms

Lol, This guy...

Thing is, I think I would have been more pissed if Rock won. At least the belt will actually be on TV.

And, he does have a point. I do want to see TNA Thursday for the TLC title match. Doubt it will change hands, but honestly I don't know TNA well enough to know how things go there.[/QUOTE]

"He's [Cena] not an athlete"

lol ok guy, calm down.

Some of those hands are a little weird. One looks like it's throwing the peace sign, another looks like it's trying to claw him. lol

What sucks is there's so many people out there that buy Wrestlemania no matter what. Got into it a little bit on Facebook over why they're contributing to an inferior product with a 100% markup.

Wrestlemania was about a 5/10 to me. The main event was just awful, I absolutely hate reversal/finisher fests and that was one of the worst I've ever seen. I mean I know it's Wrestlemania but holy lord was that awful. So many talented midcarders got the shaft AGAIN and couldn't even get on the card.....or even the fucking preshow. People like Cesaro and Rhodes not even being allowed 5 seconds of camera time makes me want to puke.

Punk/Taker was one of the only highlights of the night for me. Not Taker's best Wrestlemania match but it was still up there pretty high. If Punk does take time off now this current weekly product will be unwatchable trash (it was barely watchable with him). I will also say the opening match was pretty good, I'm surprised they haven't "Cesaro'd" the Shield yet, nice to see them still come off strong.

In closing, thank God I decided to obtain the show for free and just watch Game of Thrones and Mad Men instead.

Dear WWE:

Stop putting on shitty, overpriced shows like the one you did last night and maybe, just maybe, we will stop watching free streams of said shitty overpriced shows and actually pay for one.

Sincerely,

IWC

[quote name='renique46']Did this years Mania really cost more than previous Manias? :rofl:[/QUOTE]
It was Manier?

If rumors are to be believed, Rock is a no-show at Raw tonight. He's believed to have flown home immediately after the show last night despite being booked for a major angle to set up next year's Wrestlemania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back