Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neocisco']Between needing to go take care of something and some intermittent drops in the quality of the feed I stopped after the 10-man match and will finish watching it this weekend. Did it actually drop completely at the end?[/QUOTE]

It dropped near the end then resumed right after the match ended. It's odd that some people have reported their stream was having intermittent drops during the show yet I never had any of those issues. I'm assuming ROH will have the complete show up within the next 12-24 hours.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That list has been posted several times before, but I always find myself reading it to the end.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I will never not laugh at that "TAKA fucked Sunny while Candido watched" one.

Everyone the real reason why ROH's stream choked near the main event tonight have been unveiled... NSFW...

14904012992697719326514.jpg

New ROH World Heavyweight Champion Jay Briscoe... you thoughts.......

52460210151553799929297.jpg

Thinking of checking out the ROH show but never ordered one before. If I buy it now will it give me the crappy feed one, or how does watching the PPVs after they air work? Perfect quality?

As of right now they still have the glitched version on the site for the replay that is missing the last few minutes of the main event. Eventually they will replace that with a fixed one. I'll post here to let you know when that's available. Show is well worth $15 to watch the replay for sure even just for Lethal vs Elgin.

I did some more research on Haas' retirement and found this report from Cageside Seats.

Haas got into an argument with Grizzly Redwood and started a fight with the company jobber before his scheduled match on the show. It is believed Haas was picking on Grizzly, matching his reputation for acting aloof and disrespectful to the younger, more inexperienced members of the ROH roster, and became enraged when the enhancement talent stuck up for himself.

ROH booker Hunter Johnston, better known by his ring name of Delirious, was one of the people who pulled Haas off Redwood. His temper understandably flared up too, verbally ripping Charlie to pieces before telling him his services for the evening were no longer required and to leave the building.

However, that didn't happen as Haas returned shortly thereafter and belligerently insisted that he would do the match whether they wanted him to or not, as he was a professional, which was a bit rich coming from someone who had just instigated a backstage brawl. The decision was made by ROH management to allow him to perform, but never to use him ever again, fearing that trying to stop him would create an even bigger scene, whilst having all their officials and wrestlers waiting on call behind the curtain should Haas cross over the line.

There was no problems with the match itself, with Haas even putting the guy over, but his post match retirement promo caused more headaches as he went into business for himself with a vicious burial of Johnston, announcer Kevin Kelly and storyline commissioner Nigel McGuinness. In particular, Haas smeared McGuinness by repeatedly screaming about him having Hepatitis C, which is a bare faced lie. As he revealed in his documentary The Last Of McGuinness, Nigel once had Hepatitis B (a big difference), but has since been cured of the disease.

There was obviously locker room scuttlebutt that Haas must have been intoxicated for these outbursts to happen, but there was no hard evidence to corroborate these claims.

It is believed that Haas had planned to retire after this weekend's ROH shows anyway and this incident just led to it happening a week earlier than he had expected.

Actually, forget watching it. I gotta pay more attention to ROH. I had a fairly free schedule yesterday, and had I known there was a show/ippv at Hammerstein, I would have tried to go and taken a later train out of town.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That list has been posted several times before, but I always find myself reading it to the end.[/QUOTE]

I never realized that Becky Bayless aka Cookie from TNA was the 14 year old girl caught with Raven. Heard about it in shoot interviews.

[quote name='Scorch']Stephanie McMahon has revealed that The Rock will be on the cover of WWE 2K14.[/QUOTE]

I find something wrong with every noun in that sentence...

[quote name='mykevermin']Would it be ironic if the on-disc game was a "steaming pile of monkey crap" like it has been the past two years, then?[/QUOTE]

WWE '13 wasn't bad, I enjoyed it a lot.

Vince revealed the WM29 set last night on Twitter (I know there have been leaked photos, but this is a detailed look of the whole thing). This is probably my favorite set. They definitely didn't phone it in like they have the past few years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOPWbpPdtxc

The internet has also dug this up. Punk's old Livejournal. http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/

[quote name='Demolition Man']As of right now they still have the glitched version on the site for the replay that is missing the last few minutes of the main event. Eventually they will replace that with a fixed one. I'll post here to let you know when that's available. Show is well worth $15 to watch the replay for sure even just for Lethal vs Elgin.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'd appreciate it if you could. Kinda excited to watch the show.

Orton & Mysterio tweeted this sign that a fan brought to Axxess yesterday.
eb1170c50575577d0271fc2d86d31df8_1024.jpg

Makes me wish they'd turn that into a shirt and force Cena to wear it.

I might be nitpicking but, I hate the set since they are in New Jersey and not NY. Also, I thought WM 1/10/20 were MSG? Why not 30? First WM I honestly don't even care about.

They always do that stuff when it comes to NJ and anything sports related. Expect to hear "In the shadow of New York City" from Cole at least 25 times.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I might be nitpicking but, I hate the set since they are in New Jersey and not NY. Also, I thought WM 1/10/20 were MSG? Why not 30? First WM I honestly don't even care about.[/QUOTE]

Well, they were going to make a NJ set, but they had some problems.

First one was they had already made the huge statue look like Andre the Giant, not Chris Christie.

Second, the Health Dept. said it was against the law to have a large pool of sewage in the middle of the arena. Also coupled with this was concern that the stink from said sewage may be confused with the stink of the FANNNNNN DANNNNNNN GOOOOOOOO gimmick.

Third, it was cheaper to make a Statue of Liberty replica than a Snookie one due to licensing agreements.

Finally, they did a test run on making the entrance ramp a replica of the Jersey Turnpike. Problem was none of the performers could carry enough money for tolls in their tights and congestion on it would make the show take 2 days instead of the allotted 4 hours.

Getting ready to head out to the WWE Hall of Fame, will try to send out some pics. So far Virgil is my single wrestler sighting, heh. Well besides Randy Orton at the Nets game.

If I were Shelton, I'd channel my inner Norman Smiley right there, if you catch my drift.

[quote name='mitch079']Sheldon's O face:

[customspoiler=Oh... Oh... Oh!]
1637_10151425922444858_980238570_n.jpg
[/customspoiler][/QUOTE]

TIL Custom Spoiler

And I need to see this latest ROH PPV. Caught half of Invicta, tho. Totally worth it.

Edit: WrestleMania is tomorrow, huh? I had no idea.

RoH was worth it. Elgin/Lethal was awesome, reDRagon vs the Wolves was a great match, I can't rate Steen/Briscoe because my PPV is still messed up, but I think 15 minutes of seeing Matt Hardy get shit on by the NYC crowd might be worth the price of admission.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Better?

http://imgur.com/UiIssDS[/QUOTE]

A little, thank you.

I was rooting for the guy when he was The Brian Kendrick. He looks greasy as hell in that picture.

$15 for a photo op and another $15 for a signature, is that the going rate?

WWE has a new article up revealing that Rob Van Dam is in attendance for tonight’s Hall of Fame ceremony. He told the website:

“I’m here to support my boy Booker T. [It’s great] seeing a lot of guys I haven’t seen since I left.”

WWE.com asked the former TNA star if he has plans to return to WWE and he replied:

“There’s always a chance.”

One of the coolest things I liked about last year's WM was how it started during daylight and ended when it was pitch dark outside. It was really something to experience it live in person.

I like this year's set. I don't know why 30 won't be at MSG, but if they are going to keep mentioning New York in New Jersey, they may as well incorporate the city into the arena.

I'd like to see the following trends from WM 27 continue tomorrow:

1. Metallica themes

WM 27 - "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

WM 28 - "Memory Remains"

Even though I hate the song, I'd like to see Brock come out to "Enter Sandman" like he did in the UFC.

2. Undertaker's winning streak continues.

3. John Cena's losing streak continues. Hell, I would love to see Cena with the longest losing streak at Wrestlemania. Is it wrong that I want to see another Youtube video of a kid crying when Cena loses?

Just got in from the Hall of Fame. Bob Backlund stole the show. Unfortunately, I think they cut him off some because of time. After the show ending he was running up into the crowd and all over the place and wiped out a couple of times. Bruno got a great reaction, but I thought it would be a little better.

He'll show back up somewhere. His popularity is still going strong and he can still do most of what he's been doing for his career.

[quote name='JJSP']For what it's worth, Donald Trump is being absolutely BOOED out of the building at the HOF ceremony.[/QUOTE]

But by the time the ceremony airs on tv, they'll somehow be cheering for him. :roll:

As for RVD, yeah, his TNA contract was up in mid-March. That's why they had him drop the X Division title to someone who needs more time in a development territory. Don't remember the guy's name, but a lot of his recent matches have already shown up in Botchamania.

Kenny King is the X division champ, he was in ROH for a while. I think RVD will go back to the E. He's not as fast and agile as he used to be.

[quote name='JJSP']Apparently the fans at MSG booed the hell out of Cena's Make A Wish video as well.[/QUOTE]

I know people hate the man, but you gotta respect his work outside the ring. That's sad though if it got booed. Some people have no class.

[quote name='neocisco']He'll show back up somewhere. His popularity is still going strong and he can still do most of what he's been doing for his career.[/QUOTE]

Smoking weed?

I'm curious as to what WM is costing everyone else who is ordering? It's $59.95 with my company and that's HD or regular digital version. Luckily I work for my cable company so we get PPV for half off. But I'm curious if the price varies with other companies or how much it is on the Xbox live app?

Odds they use the big gold belt match as the opener for the third straight year? I'm really hoping they don't, as I'm hoping Ziggler cashes in the briefcase. I don't see that happening if that match is first. He'd still have to wrestle in the tag title match later.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Odds they use the big gold belt match as the opener for the third straight year? I'm really hoping they don't, as I'm hoping Ziggler cashes in the briefcase. I don't see that happening if that match is first. He'd still have to wrestle in the tag title match later.[/QUOTE]

He won the briefcase in July right? So he's still got another 3 months to cash it in.

If there is a cash in I would rather see the tag title match go on first, even more so if they are going to give Ziggler two belts tonight. Have him and Big E beat Hell No, then have Del Rio get a win Swagger beat the crap out of him and Ziggler finally cash in.

I haven't been paying attention lately, how on earth did punk get into a feud with taker for a wm match?

[quote name='JJSP']Apparently the fans at MSG booed the hell out of Cena's Make A Wish video as well.[/QUOTE]

The Make A Wish video didn't get booed any worse than the live shots of Cena, maybe a little less. Cena in general got most of the boos during the event except for Trump and Maria Menunous. Maria really was getting booed and nasty things yelled at her when he intro speech for Backlund started going long.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm curious as to what WM is costing everyone else who is ordering? It's $59.95 with my company and that's HD or regular digital version. Luckily I work for my cable company so we get PPV for half off. But I'm curious if the price varies with other companies or how much it is on the Xbox live app?[/QUOTE]

DirectTv is showing WM for 69.99 for HD/59.99 for SD. I may have to pass on the show this year.

Congrats to Jake Roberts and DDP!
[quote name='cruzfactor']DirectTv is showing WM for 69.99 for HD/59.99 for SD. I may have to pass on the show this year.[/QUOTE]
Not to shit on anyone for buying it, but wow: That's a lot of fucking money for a PPV. Here, WWE. Here is my $60 - $70 vote saying "Yes. This shitty product is awesome. Feed Me More!"

I did buy WWE '13, though. :lol: Granted, I flipped some items and got it for free, essentially, but did have to fork over the bread, no matter how I got it, to buy it. #-o

[quote name='cruzfactor']DirectTv is showing WM for 69.99 for HD/59.99 for SD. I may have to pass on the show this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was browsing the guide today and saw an ad for it costing $70. That's completely fucking outrageous. Last year when we had Dish is was $55, which is still pretty damn expensive, but not $70 expensive.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm curious as to what WM is costing everyone else who is ordering? It's $59.95 with my company and that's HD or regular digital version. Luckily I work for my cable company so we get PPV for half off. But I'm curious if the price varies with other companies or how much it is on the Xbox live app?[/QUOTE]

Just talked to my friend, he's getting 60/65 SD/HD. I'm not sure what carrier he's on.

Was mildly tempted to have him get the XBox app and try that since the UFC one worked pretty well, but I don't want ot risk it fucking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back