Does anyone buy games via gamefly?

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I just started a trial with gamefly and i got star wars the force unleashed, TNA Impact, and Lego Batman all around release day. But i have the option to keep them for 40 bucks. That seems like a great deal, if you get them within the release week and have no scratches. You save 20 bucks each time, and they mail you the box/instructions for free. Seems like a good way to go for games.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just started a trial with gamefly and i got star wars the force unleashed, TNA Impact, and Lego Batman all around release day. But i have the option to keep them for 40 bucks. That seems like a great deal, if you get them within the release week and have no scratches. You save 20 bucks each time, and they mail you the box/instructions for free. Seems like a good way to go for games.[/QUOTE]

Ya they have had sales in the past that iv used. Their games usually come in good condition and are always complete.

It's an AWESOME way to buy used games! Somehow, they've always been in 99.9% perfect condition, and the boxes and booklets have been f'n immaculate!

Also, if you get them during their insane clearances, you can possibly get an awesome game for like $10-$15!

(I bought Mass Effect for $15!!!!! and Forza 2 for $10!!!!!)

[quote name='camoor']Off topic - Simon DI, is there going to be an Iron Man lego game. That would be cool.[/quote]

Spongebob, Thomas and Bob the Builder are the only Lego licenses left.

Yup, Bully: Scholarship Edition was on my desk when I came into work this morning courtesy of GF. I have purchased about 6 games total from Gamefly and they have all been in what appeared to be "like-new" condition.

I've bought games too (you get some discounts the longer you're a member), and the nice thing is you know ahead of time if the disc looks okay, and yeah, so far the manuals and everything are essentially new-probably as "new" as half the "new" games at Gamestop...we all know how that goes :D

I've purchase two games from GameFly (Burnout Paradise and BioShock) and both have been in excellent working order. I think it's a great way to try games before you buy them. Not to mention that after a certain period of time you can get 10% off the games you buy, and you get $5 coupons.

[quote name='camoor']Off topic - Simon DI, is there going to be an Iron Man lego game. That would be cool.[/quote]

Hehehe, that WOULD be awesome! Imagine a Lego Fin Fan Foom (or whatever the hell his name is!)

...but yeah, I'm thinking of signing up with gamefly again just for those deals again! (and the great service of course)

I've bought numerous games from GameFly and they all looked like sandpapered crap. Plus, most of them wouldn't work.

Not everyone gets pristine games. Go look through a number of the recent Gamefly deal threads and you'll see that not everyone gets perfect games.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've bought numerous games from GameFly and they all looked like sandpapered crap. Plus, most of them wouldn't work.

Not everyone gets pristine games. Go look through a number of the recent Gamefly deal threads and you'll see that not everyone gets perfect games.[/quote]

Well i would rent it first, and make sure the disc is in the condition i would want. Then use the keep it option.

I buy all the time, and they're good for me, but I don't buy too often. Maybe twice a year.

Edit; wow, what kinda crap was I on?

All the time, but not too often, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually wait for the Kmart/Target/TRU clearances, since usually most of the games I want at least get to the $5-10 range before I buy them. If I've bought 3-4 new/at release games in the past couple of years, it's a miracle.

The last one I bought was Mercs 2, which is just like the first one. I haven't run into any of the major glitches people said were rampant in the game either, so in that respect I've been lucky as well.

But I have thought about buying from GF before, only problem is I don't have even a debit card to do so, so I'm SOL.

I buy used games from them more than any other place. They have always come in great shape with new cases and manuals. Its a pretty good buy too as their prices quickly lower on pretty new games. I usually wait till a title hits under $20 and grab it then.

Most of the games I get from GF are in good condition. I have gotten some real clunkers, though. I once received a disc that had...no joke...what appeared to be bite marks all over the edges. But not one game I have ever rented or bought from them (probably around 25, now, including the chew toy) didn't work. And of course, if you are lucky enough to get them to ship you a new game when it first comes out, well, it's hard to pass up keeping it, especially if you have coupon codes you haven't used...plus your 5%/10% off, if you have been a member that long.

I've bought three games from them and all of them were basically new minus the shrink wrap. Plus their prices are typically cheaper than anything you'd find on EB Games, GameCrazy, Amazon or Half.com.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well i would rent it first, and make sure the disc is in the condition i would want. Then use the keep it option.[/quote]I don't have a GameFly account, I've just purchased games during their sales. Did a bunch in Xmas time last year, and a few months ago. Both sets of games, which included 360, PS3 and Wii games, they all looked like crap and didn't play at all without resurfacing them.

They said I could have either returned them without replacement or kept them. I opted to keep them and had them all resurfaced. Fixed the issue, for now.

[quote name='Duckbutt']I've bought three games from them and all of them were basically new minus the shrink wrap. Plus their prices are typically cheaper than anything you'd find on EB Games, GameCrazy, Amazon or Half.com.[/quote]

Well, if the stars align, a 25% coupon and EDGE will help GS beat out GF. Of course, the stars also have to align for you to get a newly released game from GF. I have only gotten a handful over the last year.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't have a GameFly account, I've just purchased games during their sales. Did a bunch in Xmas time last year, and a few months ago. Both sets of games, which included 360, PS3 and Wii games, they all looked like crap and didn't play at all without resurfacing them.

They said I could have either returned them without replacement or kept them. I opted to keep them and had them all resurfaced. Fixed the issue, for now.[/QUOTE]

That stinks. And it reminds me of a question-what do people DO to these discs? I mean NONE of my discs ever have any scratches or anything-how are people treating their stuff if it causes these problems?

Well, you have to imagine a good deal of the damage dealt to these discs is from kids. You also have to consider inconsiderate people who probably don't take care of the discs, only because it isn't there. Whereas they would usually carefully handle a game and always put it away, they simply don't care and just leave it lying around wherever.

I just bought DMC4 and Condemned 2 on sale. I'm renting Too Human and the buy it price dropped from $46.99 to $39.99. Seriously thinking about keeping it since I've had it for about 3 weeks anyway.

bread's done
Back