Dollhouse Friday Nights on FOX at 9pm est-Update 10/24

to give you some context, my heroes opinion was "don't take it so seriously" to the people digging on plot holes -- heroes isn't good tv, but i still enjoy it... if anything that should strengthen my criticism against dollhouse because my criticisms against it were made despite the fact that i have a high tolerance for bad television

[quote name='Koggit']to give you some context, my heroes opinion was "don't take it so seriously" to the people digging on plot holes -- heroes isn't good tv, but i still enjoy it... if anything that should strengthen my criticism against dollhouse because my criticisms against it were made despite the fact that i have a high tolerance for bad television[/QUOTE]

this is a forum i made to support Dollhouse so more CAGs might wathc it and become fans.
if you dont like it then thats cool.
Make your own thread.
were Dollhouse fans here.

[quote name='Bezerker']$10 says she's Alpha's new form.[/QUOTE]

Done, bet accepted. Just got done watching it and somebody owes me $10 :bouncy:

Once again I have to give the guy who plays Victor props. He did a great Topher impersination. Also realized that Summer Glaue can not act, I thought she did good in Sarah Connor Chronilces than my wife pointed out that its not that hard to play a Robot.

[quote name='Davestation']Done, bet accepted. Just got done watching it and somebody owes me $10 :bouncy:

Once again I have to give the guy who plays Victor props. He did a great Topher impersination. Also realized that Summer Glaue can not act, I thought she did good in Sarah Connor Chronilces than my wife pointed out that its not that hard to play a Robot.[/QUOTE]

I think she's a cool actress i think its the roles she plays.
Not a lot of room to breath and make it her own.
I thought her and Topher were very funny in a geeky way.

You gotta see her in Firefly, the movie Serenity and the show The 4400

Yeah, I gotta say, the guy who plays Victor is an amazing character actor. All the different roles he's played have really run the gamut of acting. I'll never forget when everything got scrambled and he got imprinted with Echo's personality, and he was at that club sexy dancing all over the place. That was hilarious.

If the show goes away, I'll just be sad to not be able to see Miracle Laurie (November) anymore. God that woman is just stunning. Kudos to Joss for letting a curvy gal into primetime.

[quote name='Davestation']Done, bet accepted. Just got done watching it and somebody owes me $10 :bouncy:

Once again I have to give the guy who plays Victor props. He did a great Topher impersination. Also realized that Summer Glaue can not act, I thought she did good in Sarah Connor Chronilces than my wife pointed out that its not that hard to play a Robot.[/QUOTE]Don't get me wrong I'm pretty much your generic gestalt guy. For the most part I like the shows as a whole not individual parts but I have to agree with your wife. People always talked about Summer but her characters in Firefly and Terminator were emotional voids. Not sure how everyone can percieve any skill in that.

I also agree with you Victor is great. I'm a huge Dushku fan but this role or rather 90% of her imprints are not good for her.

[quote name='adriley313']I think she's a cool actress i think its the roles she plays.
Not a lot of room to breath and make it her own.
I thought her and Topher were very funny in a geeky way.

You gotta see her in Firefly, the movie Serenity and the show The 4400[/QUOTE]Where was Summer in 4400? did I spaz out on that?
[quote name='nasum']If the show goes away, I'll just be sad to not be able to see Miracle Laurie (November) anymore. God that woman is just stunning. Kudos to Joss for letting a curvy gal into primetime.[/QUOTE]shockingly so. When I first saw her I thought she was kinda cute but nothing special but the more I saw of her the more I realized she might be one of the hottest girls in the show.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I gotta say, the guy who plays Victor is an amazing character actor. All the different roles he's played have really run the gamut of acting. I'll never forget when everything got scrambled and he got imprinted with Echo's personality, and he was at that club sexy dancing all over the place. That was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Kiki was a lot of fun.

I'm just now watching last week's episodes. The twist with the senator was great, and I love Summer Glau's character already. It sucks that the show is ending so soon.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, Kiki was a lot of fun.

I'm just now watching last week's episodes. The twist with the senator was great, and I love Summer Glau's character already. It sucks that the show is ending so soon.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, Kiki. Nice that you remember the name, Matt. That name just sums up everything about the character. I wish my name was Kiki, lol. :)

[quote name='Temporaryscars']How this show has lasted longer than Firefly is beyond me.

But hey, big ups to you guys for sticking with it.[/QUOTE]oh it's not that bad. I mean as far as I can see it only has one major problem. Rich people pay ludicrous amounts of money for a 'designed' person and then request the most mundane purposes like 'midwife'. Not sure why you need a doll midwife when a normal one is perfectly fine. If you can put side that aspect the rest of the show is perfectly entertaining
[quote name='Magus8472']She played Tess, the paranoid schizophrenic with mind control powers.[/QUOTE]oh yeah soon as i saw the name Tess I remembered.

I hate to see this show go as its one of my favorites this year.
maybe they should put a few after A. Idol and that would get more viewers.

Ugh. Just Ugh. C'mon...ripping off
The Matrix? I did NOT like the "find the Architect and free the minds of the people trapped in the Matri...I mean Attic" garbage in The Dollhouse tonight. Echo = Neo, downloading "imprints" of skills...all the minds of the people in the attic becoming a multi-processor computer, etc.
What a shame.

The last two episodes of dollhouse rocked
Its nice to see Echo, Victor and Sierra as a team ready to kick butt.
And i almost lost faith in Dewitt but knew she was a big ole softy.

The last episodes are going to be sweet.
Maybe there will be a dolllhouse movie called Echo.

Would be the hottness,

You know, after watching Dark Knight again, I think Alan Tyduk could do a good Joker. He definitely pulls off the crazy when he does Alpha. My guess is that since Ledger died, they probably wont actually have joker in any more of the movies, which is a shame.

[quote name='Bezerker']You know, after watching Dark Knight again, I think Alan Tyduk could do a good Joker. He definitely pulls off the crazy when he does Alpha. My guess is that since Ledger died, they probably wont actually have joker in any more of the movies, which is a shame.[/QUOTE]Easily. Alpha was one of my favorite villians. He's right up there with Season1 Sylar. I wouldn't say Ledger was bad but for many reasons it wasn't my favorite portrayal of The Joker. Alpha (before you find out his end game was to just make echo kill herself) was just great. He was bad, off his rocker and you didn't really know why.
[quote name='adriley313']Maybe there will be a dolllhouse movie called Echo.[/QUOTE]Yeah this resurgence of the end of series movie that appears to be popular with Firefly and Sex and the City I just don't see that happening across the board. I remember people trying to get a campaign for a movie ending for Kyle XY (which was arguably a good show with decent ratings that got canceled because the network decided to basically change formats), but I still think these are rare occurances. The fact that we're getting any kind of resolution is pretty nice as it is. I wouldn't hold my breath for a movie that'd be tempting fate once to many times.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Ugh. Just Ugh. C'mon...ripping off
The Matrix? I did NOT like the "find the Architect and free the minds of the people trapped in the Matri...I mean Attic" garbage in The Dollhouse tonight. Echo = Neo, downloading "imprints" of skills...all the minds of the people in the attic becoming a multi-processor computer, etc.
What a shame.[/QUOTE]ehh. I didn't find it that bad. I mean yeah the guy who lives in there and runs the system aspect was a bit much but aside from that as long as they're going to rip off the good one I can deal. Although to be honest I didn't realize until this post how much of it was 'mirrored'.

No movie for Dollhouse. Angel stood a better chance at getting a TV movie and that didn't happen; of course, that had a lot to do with Boreanaz not wanting to do it. I'm with Wolfkin, I'm just pleased to get something resembling a wrapup.

and we're back. in spite of everything I really wasn't expecting to get scenes from "Epitaph One". as far as the big reveal at the end I didn't guess that person but I'm 60% sure that was because I got interrupted by 4 phone calls during my viewing and got distracted. Dr. Sander's kill was pretty boss though. Still not sure why she did it but it was just randomly wicked.

Jesus! That was badass and totally unexpected. Such a shame this show is ending - it's really great. At least we got 20+ episodes though. I really think Whedon should go to HBO - a show like this would be a huge hit at a minimal cost. It's easily as good as True Blood and that show is the bees knees. Either that or pitch his shows from now on as a 20 part self-contained mini-series.

Boyd? Seriously?

I let out a huge groan when they revealed that...

I totally expected something bad to happen with Whiskey, but I did not see that coming. Poor Topher.

[quote name='Bezerker']Boyd? Seriously?

I let out a huge groan when they revealed that...

I totally expected something bad to happen with Whiskey, but I did not see that coming. Poor Topher.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that Boyd revelation was kinda stupid and didn't really surprise me.

What went down with Whiskey and Topher? Now that was shocking.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Yeah, that Boyd revelation was kinda stupid and didn't really surprise me.

What went down with Whiskey and Topher? Now that was shocking.[/QUOTE]

Since I picked up Dollhouse S1 last week, I've been re-watching season 1's episodes giving me the chance to evaluate Boyd's reveal. At first, I enjoyed having that kind of surprise revolution, but having gone through season 1 I'm beginning to have second thoughts. It seems totally out of character for Boyd to be able to convince that many people that he's "one of the good guys" without having any slip ups.

Maybe there's something Whedon has been holding back until tonight, so I'll reserve my final thoughts until then. Hopefully we'll finally learn more about Boyd that will help tie everything together.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It seems totally out of character for Boyd[/QUOTE]oh easily. I think it's a decent twist and I for one wasn't expecting it but I think most of us would agree it doesn't make sense given Boyd's character, and now they have to explain it and close off the series in one episode, because we only have two left and the last will be another flash forward.

I just finished last week's ep last night and the scene with Topher caught me completely off guard. Truly shocking. The Boyd thing was spoiled for me since I read the thread before watching so it didn't have much of an impact on me.

Next week's ep is so supposed to tie in directly to the unaired future ep, "Epitaph One". If you haven't seen it, put in in your Netflix queue or go rent it. It's the 4th disc in the set.

Sorry, Joss...but I can't wait until this is over. Now all the future stuff makes it feel like it's ripping off Terminator's Judgment Day. We're expected to believe someone as computer-savvy as Topher would suggest that just by
destroying Rossum Headquarters the schematics for the imprinting weapon would be gone? Dude's never heard of off-site backups? Especially since Rossum was already into the "mass-production" stage?
Ugh.

Some of the recent deaths have been really disturbing/shocking too. Last week's shooting of
Bennett
was bad enough, but
Mellie's suicide
this week? Eesh. Almost too much.

Oh, and how they supposedly disposed of
Boyd
this week ( there's wiggle room for this to be another ruse ) was incredibly lame.

i don't completely agree with you but you're not wrong. Oddly enough I could believe that
if they blew up the prototypes, and the 'solution' that Topher created. that the tech could die out. I mean they have the plans schematics but they don't work like cloning technology.

Getting canceled is a double edged sword. On the plus side this season has been really ramping up nicely it's been very exciting. On the down side these last couple of episodes have had some really cheap plot holes, which I expected i mean you can't ramp up this hard, this fast and still have a satisfying end.
Exception for Chuck Season 2. They went for broke and for the most part it worked very well. It didn't leave them much wiggle room for season 3 but for season 2 it was awesome.
Either a) you have time and you use it to make silly filler arcs I'm looking at you LOST SEASON 2 or b) you don't have time and you just skim over the parts you can't think out.

Great episode this week.

Next Week they're doing Epitah Two as a series finale. Hopefully it will be 2 hours long.
I really hate FOX for screwing over Whedon like this for the second time. Hopefully if he does another show it will not be on FOX.

I was really happy when they finally had Echo and Amy Ackers do a fight scene. We all know she can throw down from Angel and Alias. It was nice see her kick some ass.

I really hope the cast gets more acting gigs. We all know that Echo, Eliza Dushku and Paul, Tahmoh Penikett will. I just hope that Topher, Victor, and Sierra do cause they are really good. I loved seeing Victor when he was doing Topher. Some of my favorite scenes.

Also the reason I think the killed off the Mellie and Boyd characters was because what was the point of having them in the finale if it would be a crazy future. Since Mellie doesnt have butt kicking skills like the rest of the dolls and isnt smart like Topher or the semi old leader DeWitt I can see why they did it.

Next

Joss Whedon- Doing the movies The Cabin In The Woods and Goners.
The Cabin In The Woods is a new take on the classic tale. Amy Acker will be in it and it looks good.
And hes directing Goners which is supposed to be a Fantasy Horror Thriller.

Also rumor is he's gonna do another Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog.

I'm a big Whedon fan, but with the way this is ending, I wish they hadn't bothered with the second season. Or at least not attempted to cram several years' worth of story arcs into 5 episodes.

[quote name='javeryh']All Whedon shows end like this with major characters getting killed off unexpectedly. He likes to go out with a bang.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind the characters dying, as that's par for Whedon, but for me this "homage" to other sci-fi is just too much. At least when they did the Matrix thing on Chuck he at least quipped, "Guys...I know kung fu!"

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I don't mind the characters dying, as that's par for Whedon, but for me this "homage" to other sci-fi is just too much. At least when they did the Matrix thing on Chuck he at least quipped, "Guys...I know kung fu!"[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Topher made a Matrix comment in the episode from 1/8

[quote name='javeryh']All Whedon shows end like this with major characters getting killed off unexpectedly. He likes to go out with a bang.[/QUOTE]

I'm more referring to how the series turned into a pastiche of sci-fi cliches. I'm more than fine with major characters getting the ax.

Spent my break watching DollHouse. Heard mixed reviews about this show so I didnt tune in for the premiere.

One word - AWESOME.

Kinda bummed out that it's getting canceled, although I can't say I'm surprised since season one took a while to pick up, and this show starts Eliza Dushku. Everything with her in it gets canned. :( Tru Calling was good though...damn you, Fox!

[quote name='neocisco']In case any of you missed it at the end of last week's ep, the finale is next week, 1/29, and it's 2 hours starting at 8.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Glad Joss was able to talk Fox into a 2 hour finale. With the way they've handled this show, that feels like a moral victory right there.

Well, either Fox changed the schedule or I misunderstood the promo tag on the last ep (most likely the latter). Dollhouse does start at 8 this Friday but it's only 1 hour. Why Fox is showing a 1 hour ep at 8 instead of 9 is beyond me but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I don't think it was ever two hours, at least not since the beginning of the season. Fox only bought 13 episodes, so you likely misheard the promo.

Allegedly Epitaph One (the unaired ep from season 1 that's on the DVD) was going to air the first hour. If that's so, it looks like that's been changed.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I don't think it was ever two hours, at least not since the beginning of the season. Fox only bought 13 episodes, so you likely misheard the promo.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I said. You know that "latter" means the second of two options, right?

[quote name='adriley313']Yes i lov me some Eliza Dushku too.
Cant wait to see her next show...get cancelled.
[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

bread's done
Back