Dominos Pizza Japan - Lunch with CheapyD

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You're in luck - okonomiyaki and takoyaki are both pretty cheap, about the same as a bowl of ramen. Pepsi Cucumber has already disappeared from the market, and though Potion is set to make a brief comeback, I can't imagine that'll be around for long either. Still, there's always tons of new, strange stuff being introduced, so who knows what you'll find when you finally get here.[/quote]

Hahaha...i was just joking about the pepsi cucumber and the final fantasy potion. LOL...even though i would like to try them, they arent in my list of "must eat, must try" food.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You're in luck - okonomiyaki and takoyaki are both pretty cheap, about the same as a bowl of ramen. Pepsi Cucumber has already disappeared from the market, and though Potion is set to make a brief comeback, I can't imagine that'll be around for long either. Still, there's always tons of new, strange stuff being introduced, so who knows what you'll find when you finally get here.[/QUOTE]
Thx for the updates Kirin :p Having a lot of fun, huh? Anyways, keep us posted ^^ It's fun to hear weird stories involving JET participants XD Btw, are you planning to be there for a year or for 2 years?

I'm heading to Japan for two weeks in September 08. I'm preplanning a year in advance so I'm happy when topics like this come up. I've looked into a "gaijin house" that's tailored towards foreigner and that price isn't that bad (japan-guide.com puts it at 40,000-100,000 yen = $345.92-$864.80 per month).

I'm using the Rosetta Stone program to learn some Japanese so in about a year, I should be able to eat, go to the bathroom, and count. :D

Having lived in Japan for half a year, the "That'll be 75$" literally made me bust out laughing because it's so true. Good show, sir.

[quote name='boozi']Thx for the updates Kirin :p Having a lot of fun, huh? Anyways, keep us posted ^^ It's fun to hear weird stories involving JET participants XD Btw, are you planning to be there for a year or for 2 years?[/QUOTE]
They've upped the limit to five years now - it used to be three. As for how long I'm staying, I guess that all depends on how I feel in a few months. Right now I'm having a blast, though, so I'll likely stay at least another year. I still can't believe they pay me this much to sit around and play games on my laptop for most of the day.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']They've upped the limit to five years now - it used to be three. As for how long I'm staying, I guess that all depends on how I feel in a few months. Right now I'm having a blast, though, so I'll likely stay at least another year. I still can't believe they pay me this much to sit around and play games on my laptop for most of the day.[/QUOTE]
That kicks ass man. I'm planning on doing that at some point. Before that, I'm planning on studying abroad next year ^^

[quote name='Punk_Raven']yal niggers got that oreo pizza yet?[/quote]

does oreos even have a presence there?

oh here's a picture for the curious

DSCN0118.jpg

He knows you are a foreigner. You didn't say thank you verbally!

Anyway, for those of you who have never been to Japan, you are going to have to throw out your CAG skills at the window. Westernized stuff here is really expensive.

Related? (Also, not sure how to un-embed, since it automatically did so when I typed in the link. My bad.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkSageRK']Related? (Also, not sure how to un-embed, since it automatically did so when I typed in the link. My bad.)
[/quote]

Lol pizza scientists.....

Does that guy piss anyone else off? They must be getting hobos for the study because I dont now one person that wold even try some of that shit

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j1mb07']Lol pizza scientists.....

Does that guy piss anyone else off? They must be getting hobos for the study because I dont now one person that wold even try some of that shit[/quote]

Whoosh..

The sound of that entire joke going over your head.

Wow! Its a shame Dominos Japan don't deliver to England. Some of those pizzas looks good and different to the boring stuff we get over here.

Still cant beat Meateor pizza though :D

pict_com015.jpg
pict_che001.jpg
name_che001.gif
pict_com014.jpg
name_com014.gif

name_com015.gif

Works of Art, Looks like I'll be trying "American Chains" next time I'm there, I avoid McDonald's even though they have a ¥100 menu.

[quote name='guyver2077']lmao..

and how come no tipping?

and thumbs up on the mk music[/quote]

there is no such thing as tip in asia XD. Well there is now in some places, like the places with alot of tourist. The restaurant usually included the tip in the pay check lol, I hate that. There also used to be NO TAX at restaurant lol.

[quote name='miktau']Shakeys is fucking amazing, although we looked pretty out of place sitting next to like 2 dozen japanese school girls.[/QUOTE]

Really? My friends told me it's kinda meh, but you get what you pay for XD

Shakeys is awesome (here in america though) I love those mojo potatoes. The pizza is delicious as well.

I dont think I would like the taste of corn with my pizza. :(

[quote name='equest943']Had Shakey's in the Philippines. I thought it was mediocre. Guess I'll have to try it again.[/QUOTE]Greenwich! Try them!

I wanted CHEAPY to kick the pizza into his face... after that crap bow. Unacceptable!!!! His feet werent even together. Guarantee if a big ass white bald dude kicked a pizza into ur face...you'd bow right for the rest of your life.
Guess cheapy was too hungry to bother correcting him. Oh well...thanks for the vid.

bread's done
Back