Donkey Kong Country Returns - $39.99 shipped at Amazon

It's selling very well. Since released it's sold over 800k.

I really want this game. Might just get it for this price if I don't find a better price. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I wonder why this is dropping so soon. Anyone know what the sales are like for this game?[/QUOTE]

It's price dropped at Amazon this week along with a bunch of other games including Epic Mickey, Goldeneye, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Rock Band 3, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sonic Colors, COD: Black Ops, and NBA Jam (all for Wii).

Really this thread could be titled "Newish Wii games all priced at $39.xx so you don't have to buy 2 and get a $30 gift card from Best Buy"

I bit and I'd give you guys the links but I'm not allowed to post links so sorry about that. And the website is Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can at least say where it's that price even if you aren't allowed to post links. Otherwise, this thread is useless.

[quote name='bajingo']this game is fuckin hard[/QUOTE]
It's hard and AWESOME. I think I lost around 40 lives on the final boss.

The reason why it's so good is the fine-tuned difficulty. I highly recommend this game.

My second best 2010 game (behind SMG2). Good year for Wii considering I own all three consoles + gaming pc and played most of the major games from each.

[quote name='bk187']Do people think that, like other Nintendo titles, this won't drop much farther?[/QUOTE]

It seems to be performing well critically and commercially, so I'm guessing the deals you've been seeing lately might be as good as it gets until this time next year.

I think I have to tag this and Kirby on the BB deal. Too bad Amazon didn't go for a sucker punch and say $35 a pop.

[quote name='Magehart']I think I have to tag this and Kirby on the BB deal. Too bad Amazon didn't go for a sucker punch and say $35 a pop.[/QUOTE]

Only if you take the time to do the math this is just as good as the Best Buy deal. See the Best Buy thread or the thread about the dead Amazon deal for the maths.

I was initially going to pass on this in favor of 3D Dot Game Heroes, but DKCR was in my gold box quick picks today, knocking another few bucks off the sale price. Using the credit from my ACB order, I bit.

I'll probably pick up 3DDGH at the GS B2G1 sale, since it recently dropped to $17.99.

[quote name='Cao Cao']I'll probably pick up 3DDGH at the GS B2G1 sale, since it recently dropped to $17.99.[/QUOTE]

That ended yesterday.

[quote name='dino88']That ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Eh, no problem. I can always pick it up later at another sale.

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Just bought this used at gs for $40.49 plus tax (was $44.99 -10%) should I return it and order this? Does amazon charge tax?[/QUOTE]

From Amazon's page on the subject:
The following is a partial list of merchants selling items at Amazon.com which may be included in your order, and the states in which they charge sales tax.

Amazon.com LLC: KS, KY, ND, NY and WA
New Jersey is not included in their list, so you should be okay

This is the first game I paid full retail for in a long time. It's worth every cent and to my surprise it's pretty difficult. Awesome game!

I don't know...I am worried about whether it'll drop, but at the same time, the fact people say it's hard means I'm super skeptical. Maybe I should just rent. Plus I didn't think the DKC games were that great anyway, although I liked DK64.

[quote name='Cao Cao']

I'll probably pick up 3DDGH at the GS B2G1 sale, since it recently dropped to $17.99.[/QUOTE]

OT but 3DDGH is on sale for 15.99 all day at Amazon today!

3DDGH = 3D Dot Game Heroes if you're like me and just ran a Google on it.

I own it...it's in the backlog (plus waiting for my Intel SSD to arrive for my new Playstation :D )

bread's done
Back