Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) $44.44 at Amazon

I pre-ordered this back on 23 October for the same price. Its nothing new, unless the price has been jumping between $45-$50 the last few weeks.

It also comes out on a Sunday so no release date delivery. I wonder if that fact was factored into the equation as to why we don't get at least $10 Amazon gaming money with it. I went ahead and preordered it anyway, though. I don't shop at K-Mart enough to care about there promos.

I mentioned this in the thread that said Donkey Kong Country Returns deals.. I don't see why there would be a need for it's own topic.

I think it was ~$47 for a while. Probably getting lower due to the other $10 offers out there. But my buy point doesn't start until they add a $20 GC on new games.

Kickin' Wing;7854444 said:
It has a $10 credit for prime members.

Heres the fine print so if people want to do it, know what to do to get it it.

$10 Credit for Amazon Prime Customers
Step 1:
Select $75 or more of qualifying eligible product(s) from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. When you are finished shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button. (Eligible product(s) will say "If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase" on the product detail page.)
Step 2:
Ship these items to a single address.
Step 3:
Select 2-day shipping.
Step 4:
When choosing your payment method, select or enter the information for any one of your active MasterCard cards.
Step 5:
Place your order and enjoy a $10 credit that will be applied to your account no later than 45 days after the promotion ends

Ordered this awhile ago when it was in my Gold Box, now I'm paying $32 thanks to the Gold Box and $10 credit. I love the SNES DKC games so I can't wait.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Heres the fine print so if people want to do it, know what to do to get it it.

$10 Credit for Amazon Prime Customers
Step 1:
Select $75 or more of qualifying eligible product(s) from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. When you are finished shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button. (Eligible product(s) will say "If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase" on the product detail page.)
Step 2:
Ship these items to a single address.
Step 3:
Select 2-day shipping.
Step 4:
When choosing your payment method, select or enter the information for any one of your active MasterCard cards.
Step 5:
Place your order and enjoy a $10 credit that will be applied to your account no later than 45 days after the promotion ends[/QUOTE]

Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75...

Kills it for me since I do the Amazon rewards things and need to use my Visa to get triple points.

Edit: Well, it doesn't kill it for me. It's just annoying that I either need to buy more stuff to get the $10 or just take triple points.

[quote name='MikeBastard']Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75...

Kills it for me since I do the Amazon rewards things and need to use my Visa to get triple points.

Edit: Well, it doesn't kill it for me. It's just annoying that I either need to buy more stuff to get the $10 or just take triple points.[/QUOTE]
It isn't really worth it anyway. That $10 credit won't combine with another promo, so if another game offers a gift card that you want it makes no difference.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I loved DKC as a kid, but that was many years ago. I've outgrown it, so it would take a real CAG price for me to think about it.[/QUOTE]
I'm willing to bet the trade-in for this will be pretty high regardless. Especially with $20 from Kmart is real nice, though it's more like $10 after tax compared to this price.

That's why I don't have much of a problem with it because the resale value will stay high. You're more likely to see deals on other games than on Donkey Kong. That's why I'm really debating if there will be another B2G1 soon or not...

[quote name='Brother Daz']I really wish this would have had a $10-$20 promo with it. I definitely would have preordered[/QUOTE]
The game had a $20GC w/purchase when it was first available. No idea if Amazon will still honor it for those of us who locked it in earlier.

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']The game had a $20GC w/purchase when it was first available. No idea if Amazon will still honor it for those of us who locked it in earlier.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember this game EVER having pre-order bonus credit and I've been keeping my eye on it since it was announced and the Amazon page for it was created. Same with Kirby (until they matched TRU's $10 GC the day of release or something like that).

Do you have a screen shot or anything of your order confirmation that indicates you should receive promotional credit?

[quote name='kodave']I don't remember this game EVER having pre-order bonus credit and I've been keeping my eye on it since it was announced and the Amazon page for it was created. Same with Kirby (until they matched TRU's $10 GC the day of release or something like that).

Do you have a screen shot or anything of your order confirmation that indicates you should receive promotional credit?[/QUOTE]

They had a giftcard with Kirby? I never received one.

[quote name='doodofdoods']They had a giftcard with Kirby? I never received one.[/QUOTE]

Whenever TRU offered $10 for buying Kirby, Amazon matched it and offered $10 video game credit. I think Amazon's match came a day after Kirby dropped. If wikipedia is correct, Kirby was released on Oct. 17, and based on my Amazon purchase history, I bought it on the 18th. I'm sure the Amazon Credit thread can confirm when Kirby's $10 credit began. But if I had to guess, Amazon began it the day after release, because if they did it the day of release, everyone who pre-ordered it would have complained and asked for the $10 credit.

In my goldbox today for $42.22. Had $35 in game credit so getting DK for $7.

[quote name='doodofdoods']They had a giftcard with Kirby? I never received one.[/QUOTE]
It was within the first week of release. I had cancelled my preorder since there wasn't a credit, but placed an order that Friday cause the credit had been added.

-Update-
Order shipped today (11/20), expected delivery 11/23 (using prime 2-day).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']I don't remember this game EVER having pre-order bonus credit and I've been keeping my eye on it since it was announced and the Amazon page for it was created. Same with Kirby (until they matched TRU's $10 GC the day of release or something like that).[/QUOTE]

You're right, I remember when it first came online at Amazon -- it's never had any kind of pre-order credit, and like you, I checked in it constantly over the last few months since. I'm guessing the poster might have it confused with another title.

DK never had a credit. I've watched it like a hawk ever since it appeared on their site.

I didn't preorder Kirby because they didn't have a credit for it. But (as was mentioned) AFTER it was released, they put a $10 credit on there. I ordered it immediately. Awesome game.

[quote name='lilman']In my goldbox today for $42.22. Had $35 in game credit so getting DK for $7.

It was within the first week of release. I had cancelled my preorder since there wasn't a credit, but placed an order that Friday cause the credit had been added.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what! I just checked Gold Box and no games are listed and as far as I know Gold Box deals are specific to accounts.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Wait, what! I just checked Gold Box and no games are listed and as far as I know Gold Box deals are specific to accounts.[/QUOTE]

Correct. He said he had it in his goldbox, which is account specific. I wish I had it in mine.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Wait, what! I just checked Gold Box and no games are listed and as far as I know Gold Box deals are specific to accounts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gpthree']Correct. He said he had it in his goldbox, which is account specific. I wish I had it in mine.[/QUOTE]
^ Correct. Also, check this thread for more information about Amazon goldbox, including how to increase the chance of getting what you want to appear:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235975

I have one in my goldbox, too, but unless my Assassin's Creed Brotherhood credit comes in before tomorrow I'm going to go get it from Kmart with my coupons.

Why did amazon charge me already? I thought it wasn't shipping until Monday and was still considering cancelling my order. Oh well, can't wait for DONKEY KONG!

[quote name='plasmabeam']As excited as I am for this game, for whatever reason I can't justify spending more than $30 on a 2D Platformer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah $30 is the sweet spot for this game, that's why I was hoping that amazon gave a $20 gc.

I wonder if they aren't doing that because its a nintedo first party game.

I just might have to get this at BB since they give you 500 pts I think which equals 10 bucks.

[quote name='plasmabeam']As excited as I am for this game, for whatever reason I can't justify spending more than $30 on a 2D Platformer.[/QUOTE]
Just curious.. Did you pre-order Mario All-Stars?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Once you order moves to the "shipping soon" status, that is when you are charged.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Bro it says shipping soon, I don't know when they plan on shipping it though... I guess it's just prepared to go out first thing Monday.

:lol: I can't wait!! I hope I don't get too frustrated with this game. I probably played the Donkey Kong Country on SNES 1000000000 times before I had enough patience to beat it.

What a great game though..I should have them on Virtual Console but don't. Donkey Kong saved my Wii from being sold!

I really want this game and it's gotten great reviews so far.

Too bad there isn't a bigger incentive to get this early though, as I have GT5 preordered and my backlog is too big already.

Between the gorgeous graphics and hardcore difficulty I know I'm not buying it used. I loved the Retro Metroid games and just loved them. I hope I can find it for around 35 by BF. Maybe a 10% off coupon with the Target deal...

[quote name='Antipodes']I really want this game and it's gotten great reviews so far.

Too bad there isn't a bigger incentive to get this early though, as I have GT5 preordered and my backlog is too big already.[/QUOTE]

Me too... this and Kirby. I've been waiting for both but since they're very short, I just can't bring myself to pay more than $30 for them.

If there was a B1G1 half sale, I'd jump on it.

[quote name='Antipodes']I really want this game and it's gotten great reviews so far.

Too bad there isn't a bigger incentive to get this early though, as I have GT5 preordered and my backlog is too big already.[/QUOTE]
Not really any incentive to get it early other than the $5 reduction. With many games the release week can be the best week to get them. If you don't get your gift credit or $5 off then you might not see anything. Some games are always worth waiting for though. I can see this game getting bumped up to $48.99-$49.99 during the first week or beginning of second week. Then, most likely the best option would be a B2G1 free somewhere.

Blockbuster charges $9 or $10 for rentals now. I think that at the very least I could keep the game and resell it for $30-$35 a month later if I want to. Just a $10-$15 cost. I wish I got a gaming credit but I'll enjoy the game and I'm sure it'll be worth it to get right away. :lol:

[quote name='thepoetvd776']I wonder if they aren't doing that because its a nintedo first party game.[/QUOTE]

They've done $20 credits for Metroid:OM and Mario Galaxy 2. Kirby (later) got a $10 credit.

[quote name='FromChaos']Kmart will be having a $10 credit with DK starting tomorrow, so hopefully Amazon will match it.[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of amazon matching KMart. IF they do match you can expect the price to be $49.99 as I've said in a previous post.

[quote name='Vinny']Me too... this and Kirby. I've been waiting for both but since they're very short, I just can't bring myself to pay more than $30 for them.

If there was a B1G1 half sale, I'd jump on it.[/QUOTE]
Kirby short? Uhh, don't know what you define "short" as but 20-25 hours, what you'd spend to get 100% in the game, isn't "short" anymore.

[quote name='Luketaru']Really want DKC Returns soooo bad but don't want to pay 44.44 lol... 40 I would bite most likely... come on amazon![/QUOTE]
I had a $40 credit from trading in Halo Reach so that's why I bit on it. I don't think I would've been able to get it on release if not for that. Probably would've been waiting for a B2G1 in January. :D

Target is having the $10 gift card tomorrow with DKCR I believe, and Amazon frequently matches Target. It may take them a day to do it. It'd be awesome if they matched it at $44.44 w/ $10 VG Credit

All of you can speculate that they'll throw a gift card in there but don't be surprised when the price raises to $49.99 without any gift card for a while.

bread's done
Back