Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) $44.44 at Amazon

[quote name='FromChaos']Kmart will be having a $10 credit with DK starting tomorrow, so hopefully Amazon will match it.[/QUOTE]

It's actually qty of two $10 credits, unless something recent has changed.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']All of you can speculate that they'll throw a gift card in there but don't be surprised when the price raises to $49.99 without any gift card for a while.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is also one of those cases where they don't need to run a gift card since the title is likely going to sell well without an incentive, especially around the holidays.

This is one of these games where I don't care how much it costs, I must own it now!

And I wonder why the price number is all 4s lol probably cuz its the 4th DKC

[quote name='kodave']Target is having the $10 gift card tomorrow with DKCR I believe, and Amazon frequently matches Target. It may take them a day to do it. It'd be awesome if they matched it at $44.44 w/ $10 VG Credit[/QUOTE]

This would be hawt... I've cut back a lot on buying video games since a near 300 game backlog is quite steep, but GT5 CE, Epic Mickey CE, and now this is tempting me... sigh.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Agreed. This is also one of those cases where they don't need to run a gift card since the title is likely going to sell well without an incentive, especially around the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys miss the part where Target is giving a $10 gift card?

I'm sure Amazon would rather have me give them anywhere from $44.44 to $49.99 and they give me $10 future video game credit, than have me go down to Target and give Target my $49.99 because I get a $10 gift card in return.

If Amazon matched TRU for Kirby - which also had no pre-order deals - I think the chances are quite good they'll match Target for DKCR.

Its not like Amazon had to offer pre-order bonus points that equal gift credit for CoD Black Ops because the game was selling no matter what, but they did.

This isn't for certain, but Amazon has shown a willingness to want my money in the past so I suspect they'll match up for DKCR very soon.

I was checking out the BB deal for DKR and correct me if i'm understanding this wrong, but it says that you get 500 bonus points ($10 value) for purchasing the game between Nov 21-25. the fine print on the bottom reads

"Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. "

So those that mean the if in the standard Reward Zone program I'm close to getting another $5 off coupon, buying DKR can in reality get me $15 worth of coupons at BB?

Breakdown:
DKR: $50
Gamer Reward Zone Bonus: $10
std Rewarz Zone: 5

= DKR for $15 off.

Is this correct?

[quote name='thepoetvd776']I was checking out the BB deal for DKR and correct me if i'm understanding this wrong, but it says that you get 500 bonus points ($10 value) for purchasing the game between Nov 21-25. the fine print on the bottom reads

"Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. "

So those that mean the if in the standard Reward Zone program I'm close to getting another $5 off coupon, buying DKR can in reality get me $15 worth of coupons at BB?

Breakdown:
DKR: $50
Gamer Reward Zone Bonus: $10
std Rewarz Zone: 5

= DKR for $15 off.

Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

Only problem is that it specifically says preorder so I don't know if you would get the points now.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Why do people think Kmart is giving 2 $10 gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Because the rep for K-Mart stated as such.

And its in the OP of his thread.

[quote name='kodave']Did you guys miss the part where Target is giving a $10 gift card?

I'm sure Amazon would rather have me give them anywhere from $44.44 to $49.99 and they give me $10 future video game credit, than have me go down to Target and give Target my $49.99 because I get a $10 gift card in return.

If Amazon matched TRU for Kirby - which also had no pre-order deals - I think the chances are quite good they'll match Target for DKCR.

Its not like Amazon had to offer pre-order bonus points that equal gift credit for CoD Black Ops because the game was selling no matter what, but they did.

This isn't for certain, but Amazon has shown a willingness to want my money in the past so I suspect they'll match up for DKCR very soon.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the $5 off is their way of "matching up" for a grade A title being released Thanksgiving week. IMO there's not a whole lot of difference between ordering from Amazon at $5 off, versus physically taking the time to go into Target, get a $10 gift card but also have to pay tax (which most don't have to do at Amazon) and consume gas, etc. Basically a wash.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Perhaps the $5 off is their way of "matching up" for a grade A title being released Thanksgiving week. IMO there's not a whole lot of difference between ordering from Amazon at $5 off, versus physically taking the time to go into Target, get a $10 gift card but also have to pay tax (which most don't have to do at Amazon) and consume gas, etc. Basically a wash.[/QUOTE]

And realistically you're pretty right with that analysis, but that's not the way most consumers will see it. To them its either $44.44 or $49.99+$10GC+instant gratification. I think we'll be luckiest if Amazon implements $10 credit and we catch it before they raise the price up.

Although I'm not familiar with BB's current policies, assuming the 500 extra points are still good, could you price match Target, get either a $10 GC or $10 off, AND get the extra 500 RZ points?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Perhaps the $5 off is their way of "matching up" for a grade A title being released Thanksgiving week. IMO there's not a whole lot of difference between ordering from Amazon at $5 off, versus physically taking the time to go into Target, get a $10 gift card but also have to pay tax (which most don't have to do at Amazon) and consume gas, etc. Basically a wash.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Best Buy and Target are both pretty far from where I live. I could get to target pretty easily, but it's not worth for me to pay $10 more for a $10 Target gift card and spend time going over there. There are KMarts real close by but I had amazon credit to spend. I don't think amazon has ever considered matching any KMart deals anyway.

Cost at target $53.50 and $10 gift card. (+gas and time-about one hour)
Cost at Amazon $44.44 (shipped to house and ready to play)

I don't know many who would opt for Target in that scenario. KMart would be good with $20 credit but amazon has no desire to match them and many people don't even have a Kmart anywhere close to them.

Even with Kmart Deal
You're paying $53.50 for DK with $20 credits.
Take $10 off $53.50 and you have $10 credit left. Say you want to buy Black Ops for 360 then you're paying another $54 for that game using the store credit. You end up paying $43.50 for DK (94 cents savings) and $54 for Black Ops which is the same as amazon.

You really saved nothing and just took time for a trip to Kmart. Sometimes Amazon still trumps all and with a game like this I don't think they will be forced to offer a further incentive to buyers, other than $5 off on release. Games like Black Ops where people seem to think "they didn't have to offer anything anyway" is just wrong. They know how many people preordered or didn't preorder. Also, they knew how many more they could get by offering "200 points" and they got many more buyers because of that. Kirby doesn't compare at all to Donkey Kong either, sorry.

Whatever, don't act surprised when the price goes up to $49.99 and you all miss out on $5 off. It's all speculation but we'll see who's right tomorrow, right?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Just curious.. Did you pre-order Mario All-Stars?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I own every game in there in some shape or form. It's a cool collector's item, but I have no incentive to get it.

I bought this at Kmart today and it only printed off one $10 coupon, not two. Anyone else have that problem? I may take it back if they screwed up or something.

[quote name='lilman']
-Update-
Order shipped today (11/20), expected delivery 11/23 (using prime 2-day).[/QUOTE]

Hmm... mine shipped from about as far away from me as amazon ships... they also shipped it USPS??? with a delivery estimate of 11/24??

Great that I have prime and they shipped USPS....

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Mine hasn't shipped yet, it says delivery estimate Nov 24 though[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped today and estimated arrival is for tomorrow 11/23. I knew amazon would be good like that and give me some one-day shipping! :applause:

[quote name='Afflicted']Hmm... mine shipped from about as far away from me as amazon ships... they also shipped it USPS??? with a delivery estimate of 11/24??

Great that I have prime and they shipped USPS....[/QUOTE]

ok.. I actually received this today. odd that shipped saturday and I received today USPS esp considering the distance but 2 days quicker than amazon's estimates.

JohnDoeHoe is right if DKCR is the first game you bought in a while. The Kmart deal trumps Amazon if you have been buying previous games there with coupons.

I got Kirby for $35 +tax after $15 coupon

Then DKCR for $30 +tax after $20 coupon from Kirby

Next I'll get Epic Mickey for $20 +tax after DKCR $20 coupon & the $15 EM coupon that cost $5. Plus I'll have a $20 coupon from Epic Mickey for my next purchase.

Hey,

Just curious if anyone has received the price adjustment for Donkey Kong? I have had mine ordered since July and did get the price adjusted after the game showed up in my Lightning Deals, so it isn't a huge savings, but it would still be nice to save even more. I contacted customer service and they just told me that since the game had already shipped the price can no longer be changed. So, I'm just wondering if the price has been adjusted yet for anyone else.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Hey,

Just curious if anyone has received the price adjustment for Donkey Kong? I have had mine ordered since July and did get the price adjusted after the game showed up in my Lightning Deals, so it isn't a huge savings, but it would still be nice to save even more. I contacted customer service and they just told me that since the game had already shipped the price can no longer be changed. So, I'm just wondering if the price has been adjusted yet for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

They should honor it, it's part of their pre-order guarantee. You need to call them again.

I did this yesterday as the price didn't automatically adjust for me. I got a refund of around $4~ on my credit card. The price was $44.44 before the release date, so you should be able to get a refund of whatever your difference is.

Just curious if anyone has received the price adjustment for Donkey Kong? I have had mine ordered since July and did get the price adjusted after the game showed up in my Lightning Deals, so it isn't a huge savings, but it would still be nice to save even more. I contacted customer service and they just told me that since the game had already shipped the price can no longer be changed. So, I'm just wondering if the price has been adjusted yet for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

I preordered it Oct 23 when it was in my personal Gold Box/Today's Deals to get an extra $2.xx off. I contacted them when it dropped to $44.44 and the CS rep replied saying it was adjusted to $44.44 and I received an email confirming it. I still kept my $2.xx saving (though it went down a bit).

Not sure if that's exactly what you're referring to.

I did and you should be able to as well.

In fact, they even gave me the gold box equivalent price. So when it dropped to $44.44, they took off another $1.99, to make the total $42.21.

This was without me having to ask about it, it was just automatic. So chat with a live person and tell them your deal and hopefully they'll adjust it.

i already bought kirby and want donkey kong, but is dkcr and kirby one of those nintendo games that will have an msrp of 49.99 forever? i bought mario super sluggers thinking it would be 49.99 forever and saw it on clearance recently..

[quote name='frpilot']i already bought kirby and want donkey kong, but is dkcr and kirby one of those nintendo games that will have an msrp of 49.99 forever? i bought mario super sluggers thinking it would be 49.99 forever and saw it on clearance recently..[/QUOTE]

Mario Super Sluggers came out over 2 years ago.....

[quote name='icedrake523']Mario Super Sluggers came out over 2 years ago.....[/QUOTE]

yea, but some nintendo games never see a drop in msrp that are 3+ years old such as super mario galaxy, smash bros, mario kart, zelda, etc. you see them go on sale occasionally for $35 or so, but msrp remains at 49.99

so just wondering if kirby or dkc will. maybe it is just mario games that never drop.

Most Nintendo 1st party titles that aren't spin off games and are legit AAA titles tend to go on sale for $35 at best. I think the major exception to this has been Punch Out and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I could see Kirby possibly dropping soon but unlikely the DKC will. I think a lot depends on how well it sells on a consistent basis and how big of a draw it is for people. Probably no one is missing Punch Out but people would probably miss Mario Kart or Super Mario Galaxy 1 if they disappeared off the shelves. Kirby games tend to hold their value provided they're the only Kirby game out at the moment.

This game will not be found on clearance unless if a store manager wants to get fired.

Read the thread for speculations. I've said this game will remain $50 for a long time. It will go from $44.44 on amazon to about $49.99 and stay there for a while. I think it will take until around sometime in May before seeing any discounts on the game but there's won't be any price cuts. It's possible I'm wrong, but DKC Returns is the best game I've played on the Wii to date.

I haven't played NBA Jam or Goldeneye but this game is the best. I've always loved Donkey Kong, one of my all-time favorites next to Grand Theft Auto.

Anyone hating on Wii must not know about Donkey Kong. DKC Returns has saved my Wii!

Keep it coming Nintendo!

I agree this game is in the class of Mario Kart, Brawl, ect. That stay full price because people will be willing to pay full price long after release date.

My guess right now is that it'll hold its value... sorta. It might drop to $40 unofficially, sorta like NSMB Wii did earlier this year for like 2-3 months, and what Mario Kart Wii did for a while.

Nintendo games hold their value based on sales and reviews. SMG 1 and Twilight Princess still go for $40+ everywhere because they still do well sales wise (I'm guessing), but they also got amazing scores.

@BlueLobstah, icedrake523, SkyMasterson, thanks for your replies. I contacted Amazon again and they adjusted the price for me. They didn't adjust it from Gold Box price, but they adjusted it down to the current price, so still a good deal. I'm not sure why it didn't automatically adjust, but maybe it had something to do with the price being adjusted to match the gold box deal.

Thanks again for the info!

Had Donkey Kong Country Returns in my Goldbox this morning for $42.xx, so ended up getting it for $2 after stacked credits. :D

With holidays, even my 2-day Prime won't have it here until Monday. :(

This game is amazing. I'd take this over NSMB Wii any day.

Motion controls don't really bother me at all, it's just added fun to the game. I guess maybe they could've made it so you didn't need motion controls but it's fine to me.

10 out of 10, 5 out of 5

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']This game is amazing. I'd take this over NSMB Wii any day.

Motion controls don't really bother me at all, it's just added fun to the game. I guess maybe they could've made it so you didn't need motion controls but it's fine to me.

10 out of 10, 5 out of 5[/QUOTE]

How far are you into the game? I can imagine the motion controls becoming irritating once more precise movements and timing are required in the later levels.

Not very far. I'm probably on the easiest setting right now but kept dying when I was trying to play late last night. I'm on 2-4 Cannon Cluster at the Beach now. There are probably some things I haven't seen yet though, hopefully nothing too frustrating.

So far it's all I could ask for and then some more.

[quote name='jcwkings']did any prime mebers receive their 10 dollar credit? i didn't wtf amazon[/QUOTE]
You had to spend $75 on qualified merchandise using Mastercard to get the $10 credit.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']You had to spend $75 on qualified merchandise using Mastercard to get the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]
wait what? when i placed my order i saw the offer was prime mebers receive 10 dollar gaming credit. did i read wrong?

nevermind, just went back to the first page here and saw the mastercard stuff. oh well this ends my credit streak. great game though got it for 20 bucks with past credit. takes me back to my childhood.

[quote name='jcwkings']wait what? when i placed my order i saw the offer was prime mebers receive 10 dollar gaming credit. did i read wrong?[/QUOTE]

Yes you read wrong. You had to spend $75 on stuff from their Holiday Toy List and ship it using Prime 2 Day. I think if you're Prime you don't have to use your Mastercard to pay for it to qualify for the $10 credit.

[quote name='jcwkings']did any prime mebers receive their 10 dollar credit? i didn't wtf amazon[/QUOTE]

Yea, no standard credit for this game. Sucked and ended my streak, but it's worth it.

bread's done
Back