Donkey Konga $35 at Circuit City

The nintendo brand bongos are 19.99 at my local circuit city. This was also posted in another thread, but I can't seem to locate it.

i picked up 3 sets of nintendo brand bongos and they also had a bunch of the pelican brand...listed on the box as the best bongos to play with donky konga....i wonder how true that is....anyways, i think the OP is saying that the bundle is $35...id say that he is saying that the game itself is $35, but then why would he say "extra" set of bongos for $20??? anyway, my CC didn't have any bundles, so i went to BB and bought one for $45

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i picked up 3 sets of nintendo brand bongos and they also had a bunch of the pelican brand...listed on the box as the best bongos to play with donky konga....i wonder how true that is....[/quote]
FYI - that is total BS. The Pelican bongos are bigger, but they are not as sensitive or responsive as the Nintendo bongos. I bought one of the Pelican set and then got my 3rd and 4th ones from Nintendo. Trust me, the Pelican ones pale in comparison.

Also - Donkey Konga Jungle Beat (looks to be a one player game played on the bongos) is coming out 3/14 and Donkey Konga 2 is due May 9th! :D

Hmm...I might have to go check that out tomorrow. I have been wanting to get this game for awhile, and if I can get the Konga bongo bundle and an extra set of bongos for $55, sign me the hell up! ^__^

Thanks OP!

My store (Bellingham, WA) had Donkey Konga at full price and either brand of bongos for $19.99, listed as the every-day price.

YMMV, which is sad, because that is such an awesome deal! ;_;

Sorry. I would have replied faster, but the stupid plugin. Anyway, it was $35 for the bundle (Game + Bongos) and $20 for the Nintendo Brand Bongos. It was kind of weird because the price on the rack (the paper that's behind the plastic on the shelf that holds the boxes of the bongos) said $35 and when he asked a clerk if it's really that price he said to bring that tag up to the customer service table to get it at that price.

[quote name='Outrager']Sorry. I would have replied faster, but the stupid plugin. Anyway, it was $35 for the bundle (Game + Bongos) and $20 for the Nintendo Brand Bongos. It was kind of weird because the price on the rack (the paper that's behind the plastic on the shelf that holds the boxes of the bongos) said $35 and when he asked a clerk if it's really that price he said to bring that tag up to the customer service table to get it at that price.[/quote]

thats for the asap response, but these details would have saved a lot of CAG gas if they were brought to our attention in your original post

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='Outrager']Sorry. I would have replied faster, but the stupid plugin. Anyway, it was $35 for the bundle (Game + Bongos) and $20 for the Nintendo Brand Bongos. It was kind of weird because the price on the rack (the paper that's behind the plastic on the shelf that holds the boxes of the bongos) said $35 and when he asked a clerk if it's really that price he said to bring that tag up to the customer service table to get it at that price.[/quote]

thats for the asap response, but these details would have saved a lot of CAG gas if they were brought to our attention in your original post[/quote]

Then again, just calling ahead and asking them to scan them for you could have also saved you gas, no?

[quote name='icemanjmw13'][quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='Outrager']Sorry. I would have replied faster, but the stupid plugin. Anyway, it was $35 for the bundle (Game + Bongos) and $20 for the Nintendo Brand Bongos. It was kind of weird because the price on the rack (the paper that's behind the plastic on the shelf that holds the boxes of the bongos) said $35 and when he asked a clerk if it's really that price he said to bring that tag up to the customer service table to get it at that price.[/quote]

thats for the asap response, but these details would have saved a lot of CAG gas if they were brought to our attention in your original post[/quote]

Then again, just calling ahead and asking them to scan them for you could have also saved you gas, no?[/quote]

it didn't effect me...im just speaking for convenience sakes and the guidelines of posting a deal....and rule #1 for my deal finding is to never call a store and ask them about a deal....especially CC....this draws attention to a sweet deal, giving employees first dibs on something that they may have not already knew about.....and it also draws attention to possible pricing errors, giving employees a chance to fix the problem...

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']rule #1 for my deal finding is to never call a store and ask them about a deal....especially CC....this draws attention to a sweet deal, giving employees first dibs on something that they may have not already knew about.....and it also draws attention to possible pricing errors, giving employees a chance to fix the problem...[/quote]

My experience is that most retail clerks are relatively ignorant when it comes to new clearance deals. You'll only shoot yourself in the foot by drawing attention to deals before you actually get in on them yourself. If you don't have a CC nearby, you might want to wait for confirmation of the deal before driving there; that's all. :)

[quote name='JSweeney']Considering that Taiko Drum Master is 35 there as well, it seems somewhat reasonable.[/quote]

Agreed.

I saw it for 35 also but they didn't have the bundle. They even put the bongos where the bundle is supposed to be. I got my hopes up but then realized that it was just the bongos.

I saw the first party bongos at CC the other day for $20, and I was really surprised, but I don't need any more bongos. I did get to play the Jungle Beat demo, it was a blast, I am definitely buying that. The shelf tag on Konga itself was $49.99, and I had no reason to believe otherwise, so I didn't bother scanning it (plus I certainly don't need another copy of that).

I think I know why no one else is geting the set for 35:
Today, I went to CC to check this deal out. I went to the VG section, and low and behold, there were the bongos. I noticed two priced under the shelf: 19.99 and 34.xx. At this point, I was excited, but upon closer inspection of the tags, both said they were just the bongo. Confused, I talked to one of the workers there. What he said was that the Bongos alone were originaly 34.xx, and they marked them down, but they did not remove the old tag. Hopes this saves some time for people.

[quote name='JSweeney']Considering that Taiko Drum Master is 35 there as well, it seems somewhat reasonable.[/quote]

Can you confirm the price is still 35 for it JS?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i picked up 3 sets of nintendo brand bongos and they also had a bunch of the pelican brand...listed on the box as the best bongos to play with donky konga....i wonder how true that is....anyways, i think the OP is saying that the bundle is $35...id say that he is saying that the game itself is $35, but then why would he say "extra" set of bongos for $20??? anyway, my CC didn't have any bundles, so i went to BB and bought one for $45[/quote]

Impulse buyer :lol:

[quote name='Outrager']I was with my cousin at Circuit City on Saturday and they had Donkey Konga for $35 and he also got an extra set of Kongas for $20.[/quote]

I'm working at CC right now, and standing about 10 feet from Donkey Konga. It is most definitely scanning for $49.99.

I'm thinking the price on the rack was for the Pelican bongos which I think are usually $34.99. They just got confused and honored the tag for the wrong item. Just a thought.

[quote name='Outrager']Sorry. I would have replied faster, but the stupid plugin. Anyway, it was $35 for the bundle (Game + Bongos) and $20 for the Nintendo Brand Bongos. It was kind of weird because the price on the rack (the paper that's behind the plastic on the shelf that holds the boxes of the bongos) said $35 and when he asked a clerk if it's really that price he said to bring that tag up to the customer service table to get it at that price.[/quote]

At CC in Springfield, IL, they the first party bongos were still marked 34.99 but scanned $19.99. This was last week.

I was to CC on Saturday in Lansing, MI, (on Saginaw Highway), and I can also confirm that they had the official bongos for $19.99 and $34.99 for the Donkey Konga/Bongos combo.

The Circuit City in Montclair didn't even have any on the floor, but Target had it at $34.99 as a sale price. I didn't pick it up because I already spent $50 worth of DVDs today.

bread's done
Back