Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Times Square TRU isn't holding the event. I just got off the phone with them.
I remember that they didn't hold the last 2 or 3 events either.
I'm assuming that they experienced a lot of hacks, so they stopped participating.

Thanks ItsAMe, but that's a whole lot of pokenerds (myself included) without another good option. I wonder if Nintendo World is doing it. Sometimes they seem to broadcast other store's event exclusives.

[quote name='battra92']Hear Hear! Really, the people working at Gamestop probably got them first thing too. Why would they care?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes we have xD dont worry most whom work at gamestop do play pokemon xD

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I'm pretty sure Japan had a Manaphy distribution for D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it may happen for Gen 4 games after B + W comes out, they don't just abandon the generation immediately, HG/SS only came out a year ago. :/[/QUOTE]
Serebii just confirmed the next event after Celebi is Victini in time for Black and White's release. It'll be distributed via Wi-Fi from March 6 to April 10 for the US, and March 4 to April 22 for Europe.

The last Manaphy we got came from being a prize earned through a mission on Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Event lasted from Oct. 4, 2010 'til Jan. 11, 2011.

[quote name='Tsukento']Serebii just confirmed the next event after Celebi is Victini in time for Black and White's release. It'll be distributed via Wi-Fi from March 6 to April 10 for the US, and March 4 to April 22 for Europe.

The last Manaphy we got came from being a prize earned through a mission on Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Event lasted from Oct. 4, 2010 'til Jan. 11, 2011.[/QUOTE]

Serebii just reported what Nintendo posted : http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=27623

Japan did get a WFC Manaphy after the 3rd Ranger mission event. Came with a Lansat berry, and ended 1 week before Black and White were released. Since Nintendo is running 2 sets of events for the Johto trio (Gamestop currently, then over WFC starting next week), they have a couple days to cram in a WFC Manaphy between WFC Suicune ending 2/27 and the EU release of B/W on 3/4 (and the start of the EU Victini event), mix 4th and 5th gen events or skip that Manaphy release for other regions.

[quote name='Bloomy']Nintendo is doing a WFC release for Europe, and English language carts in the US should be able to download them.[/QUOTE]

This is good to know. I forgot my DS at work along with all 5 of my Pokemon games :roll: Since I don't go back until Monday, I was afraid I would have to make a special trip to pick it up before then for Suicune. Glad to hear I can skip the trip.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Times Square TRU isn't holding the event. I just got off the phone with them.
I remember that they didn't hold the last 2 or 3 events either.
I'm assuming that they experienced a lot of hacks, so they stopped participating.[/QUOTE]
Sigh. This wasn't a problem when I lived in Brooklyn and could just drive to Caesar's Bay or the one near King's Plaza, but now I'm missing out because I live in Manhattan and am carless :cry:

I don't even know where a Toys R Us exists in the Dallas area anymore. The only ones near me have been out of business for a while.

What really sucks is that the out of business ones still show up on their online store locator, so I can't even trust the other ones that show up on it to exist.

Guess I'll need to make some calls.

[quote name='Rave Child']Sigh. This wasn't a problem when I lived in Brooklyn and could just drive to Caesar's Bay or the one near King's Plaza, but now I'm missing out because I live in Manhattan and am carless :cry:[/QUOTE]

Wait, isn't that one of the attractions of living in the big city? Not needing a car and taking public transportation to go places? I know my wife lived in Boston for two years and never owned a car that entire time and really didn't need one. She and her friends would rent a car if they wanted to travel to Maine or Vermont.

[quote name='Tech Star']I missed the first two, how can I get them again?[/QUOTE]
See if you can a nice GS employee that will turn the clock back on the DS for you.

[quote name='Tech Star']I missed the first two, how can I get them again?[/QUOTE]
Wait for Europe to get them. They get them via Wi-Fi. Good news is, US carts do pick up the same connection Europe gets for Wi-Fi events. Same can't be said for when Japan has its Wi-Fi events, though.

Went to GameStop today and picked up the shiny Suicune for my HeartGold and Diamond carts. Plan on trekking to Toys R Us tommorrow to pick up Ash's Pikachu.

Damn GameStop got me again though. They had a copy of Puzzle Quest Galactrix PC for $1.99 (I got a sealed copy, scary!) and a copy of Octomania Wii that's in decent condition (aside from the Case, but that's going to be replaced once I get home) for $4.99, so I picked them up. At least it wasn't like the first time at this GS where I bought $59 in guides. $7.50 after tax.

[quote name='Tsukento']Wait for Europe to get them. They get them via Wi-Fi. Good news is, US carts do pick up the same connection Europe gets for Wi-Fi events. Same can't be said for when Japan has its Wi-Fi events, though.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain how to to this? (Or maybe link me to somewhere that explains it?) I've never tried to d/l anything from Nintendo's Wi-Fi events.

No special trick, really. It's just as I mentioned with using "Nintendo WFC" as the choice when going the Mystery Gift route. :p

Raikou - Feb. 7 through Feb. 13
Entei - Feb. 14 through Feb. 20
Suicune - Feb. 21 through Feb. 27

[quote name='Tsukento']No special trick, really. It's just as I mentioned with using "Nintendo WFC" as the choice when going the Mystery Gift route. :p

Raikou - Feb. 7 through Feb. 13
Entei - Feb. 14 through Feb. 20
Suicune - Feb. 21 through Feb. 27[/QUOTE]
sweet, someones has to keep this thread bumped so we remember.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is Ash's Pikachu or Celebi gonna be offered via WiFi in Europe as well? I'm lazy.[/QUOTE]
For now, nothing's been said about the two in Europe. I'm sure they'll be given out in the same manner a little before March 4, which is when they get B/W. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I don't have any TRU near me and would prefer to get Ash's Pikachu via Wi-Fi. :(

[quote name='doodmandood']A Pokemon event is going around the country at malls.

There are details on Bulbapedia.[/QUOTE]
It's basically a sneak-peak tour for B/W. The event Celebi needed to battle Giovanni in HG/SS will be given out there, along with a free viewing of the most recent movie, featuring Zorua and Zoroark.

[quote name='Spanky']Nintendo WFC Legendary Trio is up for download now. Just downloaded Raikou.[/QUOTE]

thanks will give this a try.

[quote name='Spanky']Nintendo WFC Legendary Trio is up for download now. Just downloaded Raikou.[/QUOTE]

Same here, works just fine!

Only difference is the name of the OT on the pokemon.

Thanks to those who pointed this out; was bummed about missing Raikou, though had grabbed the other two.

glad to hear i didnt miss out on the 3 legenedaries. im assuming it can be done on all versions diamond plat through hg and ss??

[quote name='gauu']glad to hear i didnt miss out on the 3 legenedaries. im assuming it can be done on all versions diamond plat through hg and ss??[/QUOTE]

Yep. Downloading them to each cart right now:)

Was able to swing by Gamestop and TRU tonight before the Super Bowl. Grabbed 'em both from the parking lots.

i funny enough havent started hg or ss yet so how far do i have to get in the games for the downloads??? been too busy with work and other stuff.

Looking at the list of events, it seems NoA opted to skip out on the recent Scizor and Manaphy events, jumping onto the Legendary Trio first and distributing Ash's Pikachu at the same time. It's likely because there's nothing special to them, other than Scizor being another promo for the recent movie while it was just released in Japan. The reasoning behind Pikachu being distributed is likely because the Sinnoh League came to a close in the dub and...well, it's Pikachu.

Manaphy had nothing special about it, other than the Cherish Ball, Classic Ribbon and knowing Aqua Ring and Heart Swap much earlier than normal.

[quote name='gauu']i funny enough havent started hg or ss yet so how far do i have to get in the games for the downloads??? been too busy with work and other stuff.[/QUOTE]
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/mysterygift.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/mysterygift.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/mysterygift.shtml

Everything you need to know in order to access them. You at least need a Pokedex in order to get them. Be aware, you'll need a couple of badges in order to be able to control the Trio for a while, as they are Pokemon "owned by another trainer."

Ah, cool! I couldn't bring myself to make a trip to GS just to pick up the other two Legendaries after I did so for Raikou. Glad to know I can still get Entei and Suicune from Wi-fi- that's SO much easier. :D

Also, I managed to get my Ash's Pikachu yesterday on a trip back from visiting a friend. I plan on cloning that thing soooooooo much. :3

i wish they'd have an event for manaphy, i don't want to have to go play one of those ranger games just to get one of the few remaining legendaries i have left to get

[quote name='Abeja']So wait.. if we got one from GS already can we still get them over the WFC?[/QUOTE]

If you downloaded them from GS, you can't get them over the WFC.

If you missed out on the GS ones, then yes, connect to the WFC and download away!

[quote name='y2jasper']i wish they'd have an event for manaphy, i don't want to have to go play one of those ranger games just to get one of the few remaining legendaries i have left to get[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, which is why I was asking about/hoping for it earlier. :/ But I'll take the earlier poster's word that they're not going to bother with a US distribution like most non-game function related event Pokes. They could at least have brought it on the B + W Malls Tour (which I am excited to be attending a month from now.) At least there's Celebi rite? I wonder if you can double up on them from the Tours and Gamestop.

[quote name='y2jasper']i wish they'd have an event for manaphy, i don't want to have to go play one of those ranger games just to get one of the few remaining legendaries i have left to get[/QUOTE]

Well, why do you think NoA hasn't made it available yet? They want to buy a Ranger game!

Wasn't Manaphy their first event?

I remember that being the first "event" Pokemon I got when I was still playing Pearl.

Yes, Manaphy was released at a Toys R Us event back in September of 2007, only Diamond and Pearl were available then.

[quote name='Rig']Was Celebi the second of the rares? (Mew being the first.) Or, was Jirachi somewhere between the two?

I remember going to the mall tours back in '99/2000 to get some Mew's. I thought they did a similar mall tour for one of the next rares? Is that where it could've came from?

I should go dig out my Red/Yellow/Gold/Silver carts.[/QUOTE]

They did hand out Celebi back then (and it was the 2nd rare), but those can't be transferred to this current generation. So that's what everybody is refers to.

Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald can all transfer their pokemon to Pearl, Diamond and Platinum given that you own one of the first two styles of Nintendo DS. And you can transfer those to Black and White if you own two different DS systems.

But the original Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal cannot transfer their pokemon to the GBA games. So those rares are stuck there.

Tedious process, but it's great if you want to bring along some of your favorite pokemon or get special moves that they can no longer learn.

[quote name='guinaevere']Uh no. Tsukento was just telling gauu what he had to do in order to be able to download Mystery Gifts from the store. The GS downloads are not available over WFC. They're only available instore on very limited days.[/QUOTE]

"Uh yes" they are.

[quote name='Dendaman']Looks like you can't get another over WFC if you got one from GS. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Even if you delete the Wonder Card?

[quote name='pacifickarma']Even if you delete the Wonder Card?[/QUOTE]
Deleting the card simply clears room for more cards. The game still recognizes that they've been obtained. The whole reason you only get 3 cards is to keep you from racking up several event Pokemon and items all at once, and as a reminder that you have stuff to pick up.

While the Legendary Trio have a different OT Name and ID, they're still part of the same event flag. So the game recognizes that.

[quote name='Tsukento']Deleting the card simply clears room for more cards. The game still recognizes that they've been obtained. The whole reason you only get 3 cards is to keep you from racking up several event Pokemon and items all at once, and as a reminder that you have stuff to pick up.

While the Legendary Trio have a different OT Name and ID, they're still part of the same event flag. So the game recognizes that.[/QUOTE]
So the legendary trio will unlock Zoroark in B/W, correct?

[quote name='jeremiahkd']So the legendary trio will unlock Zoroark in B/W, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep. But technically, you just need one of them to unlock the event.

[quote name='Xiaan']If you downloaded them from GS, you can't get them over the WFC.

If you missed out on the GS ones, then yes, connect to the WFC and download away![/QUOTE]I hadn't seen that posting at Celebi, my mistake. I thought the signage at GameStop read that they were GS exclusives. Odd.

[quote name='guinaevere']I hadn't seen that posting at Celebi, my mistake. I thought the signage at GameStop read that they were GS exclusives. Odd.[/QUOTE]

The current WiFi event is actually intended for Europe. It just happens that we're able to access it over the WFC too.

bread's done
Back