Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

Nothing for me either. I'm 99% sure I signed up, is there anywhere to check so I don't enter twice and get screwed up?
If you go to sign up at dragonagekeep.com, it will say thank you for entering, regardless if you've already entered. You're not going to get penalized though if you've already done it.

I know I've been a little grumpy towards Dragon Age lately.  Maybe I just need to get out of the house (damn midwest snow), so I'll try to not dump a pile of steaming nug poo on the thread.

But it is disappointing, isnt' it, that none of us got into the Keep beta?  Eh, not a big deal.  I just miss the good old days where Bioware had a very open and engaging dialogue with fans.  I still can't wait for this game.  I expect they'll be dropping big news, E3 at the latest.

I just checked out the re-vamped BW Forum (had no idea they'd given it a reno).  Love the "Follower Friday" idea and that first picture of Viv.  

BjRC9PuCUAImLBL.jpg

I really want to see a trailer focused more on gameplay (although the last one was pretty), but this type of thing is fun, too.

Nice find on those screenshots, Ryuuk.  Looking at the horns on that dragon, I am wondering if it may be the new look for Flemeth or Morrigan.

"Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."
Oh god, here we go again. Hmm looks like they learned their lesson with Mass Effect 3, this is huge and very exciting.

Oh god, here we go again. Hmm looks like they learned their lesson with Mass Effect 3, this is huge and very exciting.
Copypaste my thoughts on this from another forum:

They need to learn not to overpromise. They said 16 endings with Mass Effect 3, when any unbiased observer would have said that game had 3 endings, plus some minor variations within those. I'd bet a million dollars that "40 endings" actually means 3-5 endings with additional small variations within those.

Still super hyped for this game.
icon_biggrin.gif

Copypaste my thoughts on this from another forum:

They need to learn not to overpromise. They said 16 endings with Mass Effect 3, when any unbiased observer would have said that game had 3 endings, plus some minor variations within those. I'd bet a million dollars that "40 endings" actually means 3-5 endings with additional small variations within those.

Still super hyped for this game.
icon_biggrin.gif
It may take a while after release to see if there really are 40 distinct and different endings and not the ME3 situation like you mentioned above.

After all the crap they received should get them to carefully make statements about 40 different endings.

So are we all going to get this one on 360 vs XB1? Or possibly jump to PS4 if the PS4 ends up being better like on pretty much all of the PS4 vs XB1 comparisons like we've seen?

Precisely! I'm hoping there will be a model with a larger HDD by then. Hopefully for $450 or less.
I can only hope so, with mandatory game installs on the XB1 and the size of some of the patches. 500GB disappears quickly, as my 750GB on my PS3 was getting a bit full until I replaced it with a 1TB hybrid drive.

Can't replace the drive in the XB1 like you can the PS4, which is a real PITA.

I'll be playing this on the One! Yeah you would think it'd take a while until some nut puts up a all 40 ending youtube video lol.
We might luck out if enough people go diverse enough out of the gate and hit all the endings.

Well, we already know that we'll have a choice between human, elf, dwarf and Qunari and if you anticipate unique endings tailored to those races, times 2 for good/evil, you're at 8 endings. Given that we know we can make choices in the world that affects how regions/factions develop, 40 isn't unfathomable to me.

Already have my PS4. Just need this game. My most anticipated game for the year, followed by The Order 1886.

I had the Thedas CE lore book. Honestly, you're better off getting the vanilla version on amazon. It's a nice set, but almost too clunky and big to enjoy reading.

Don't know if Bound by Flame is on anyone else's radar... Comes out early next month, looks like kind of a low-budget Dragon Age knockoff... In any case, it has a customizable protagonist and you can romance your party members. :lol: Plus the current-gen versions are releasing at $39.99...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypv9KLZaIK4[/youtube]

Don't have time to post full thoughts but at PAX East & was at DA panel:

Cullen & Cassandra are first confirmed love interests for the Inquisitor
Allistar WILL be in Inquisition in a significant role if he is alive. If any character comes back from Origins or 2 it will be for detailed story elements, not just a cameo
DA Keep will be out before Inquisition and if you're connected the game will create your Inquisition world after character creation. Hope you have Internet ...
Flemeth is in the game
Tactical camera view from Origins PC on all platforms
Tactical combat is back: example create an ice wall at a choke point then rain arrows down
Rogue combat/traps GREATLY improved
Imagine the enemy waves being modified versions of how DA 2 DLC was handled
Party interactions at base a la Origins

Theme of the panel during QA, "We've learned from our mistakes."

http://ladyinsanity.com/post/82408616090/the-panel-the-first-panel-of-pax-weekend-was

Last edited by a moderator:
That gets a :drool:. Freaking sweet. Looks like we need to harness the power of dragons instead of fighting against them. But what/who has that power? Seems to me that the ending of Origins is going to play a big part here.

So much for us to nerd out over in that trailer. All those people at the table at the end! Was that Lelianna in the hood? Awesome stuff.

Also, note that there will be news in a few weeks about a limited edition. Not the digital deluxe version, but a real LE.

There are good pics at the website too. Including a still of that "last supper' shot at the end of the trailer.

Ryu, if you're able to get into the game far enough that you can get in Cassandra's pants within the same day of release, it's proof we're not worthy to share the same forum space as you have. :notworthy:  Guess we'll find out on October 8th, won't we? ;)

Chubby, I can only hope so, that we're getting a real LE.  Steelbook better be the first item on the list, and not the lame metalpack we had on DA: O CE.   Maybe a Flemeth dragon statue? :pray:  Scantily clad Leilana or Morrigan statue? :pray:    I'll also go check out the trailer later.

Nice to see you again, Tha X. 

Okay, to get us back on track, here is a pic of the preorder DLC, or at least part of it:

139818078063.jpg

The digital deluxe edition comes with the following:

Skyhold Throne – Every ruler should sit in a place of high honor, but as the Inquisitor you will have the greatest of all, fashioned from an ancient dragon skull.
Red Hart Halla – Traverse the perilous, living world atop this great-horned beast.
Bog Unicorn – Once belonging to an evil marauder, this unique mount has returned to inspire fear into those who would oppose you.
• Bring the world of Thedas wherever you go with the Dragon Age: Inquisition digital soundtrack

Bonus digital content – to be announced

The Digital Deluxe Edition also includes the mighty Flames of the Inquisition gear!• Multi-class Weapons: Smite your enemies with the Flames of the Inquisition weapons arsenal. Whether staff or daggers, greatsword or war hammer, these weapons will make short work of your foes.
Inquisitor Armor: Protect yourself against the onslaught of enemy attacks by suiting up in the Flames of the Inquisition Armor.
Armored Mount: Flames of the Inquisition gear also includes a valiant steed, complete with its own set of Inquisition Armor forged from the flames of battle.

I've been dying to dissect the "last supper" image, as I've started calling it.  The pic is large, so it's in spoilers:

WarTable_WM.jpg

So far, I can see:

1. The Inquisitor - Your character
  2. Cassandra
  3. Varric
  4. Vivienne, the Orlesian Mage
  5. The previously confirmed, super bland, Elf (next to Cassandra)
  6. Some guy on the far left that kind of looks like Anders.  though I doubt it's him.  He's clearly a powerful mage, though.
  7. Dante from the first Devil May Cry between Blandy McBlandElf and Varric on the left
  8. On the right side we start with our confirmed Qunari character (has he been named yet?)
  9. Some random guy that looks like he's a reject from a repo show on Tru Tv
  10. The hooded maiden who I think is Lelianna
  11. A rather non-descript female Elven archer
  12. A Rivaini (you can tell by the dark skin) rogue female warrior
  13. Duncan's plus-size half-brother?  I can't tell if he's wearing Orlesian or Grey Warden armor.
Note....do any of these stand out as Cullen, the Templar from DA2?  Is he #9?

Ryu, if you're able to get into the game far enough that you can get in Cassandra's pants within the same day of release, it's proof we're not worthy to share the same forum space as you have. :notworthy: Guess we'll find out on October 8th, won't we? ;)
Laying the groundwork man, laying the groundwork. Rome wasn't built in a day!

The elf mage is Solas, the Qunari is called Iron Bull, and the blond elf archer is Sera (BioWare please hire Troy Baker to angstily shout her name every few minutes.)

Cullen is a non-entity for me. I barely even remembered the character from the previous games, and then come to find out he's some huge fan-favorite on the BSN for god knows why.

Looks like someone on the DA Wiki did their dissection early of the same pic, chubby:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition (lots 'o SPOILERS)

For the link lazy:

The Inquisitor

Alistair (non party member)

Leilana

Cullen (Knight-Captain of the Templars (from both DA1 & DA2))

Morrigan (non party member)

Iron Bull (Tal-Vashoth merecenary)

Cassandra Pentaghast

Varric Tethras

Sera (elven archer)

Solas (renegade elven mage)

Vivenne (pro-Circle mage, former Senior Enchanter)

Thamond (non party member)

Random character returning the novel Dragon Age: Asunder (character list includes from the game - Leilana, Shale, Justina V (Leilana's Song) and Wynne, plus book characters of Adrian (senior enchanter of the White Spire), Cole (Ghost of the White Spire), Evangeline de Brassard (Kinght-captain of the Templars in the White Spire), Fiona (Grand Enchanter of the Circle of the Magi), Lord Seeker Lambert (Head of the Seekers of Truth), Pharamond (Tranquil friend of Wynne) and Rhys (Senior enchanter of the White Spire); Rhys, Evangeline and Cole are major POV characters, so one of those three seem likely)

Also mentions about previous game save data:

Mike Laidlaw confirmed the ability for players to import their save files, or alternatively their "world-states," from the first two games into Dragon Age: Inquisition to "shore up world consistency." Mark Darrah later stated that BioWare is looking into creating ways to include choices made in previous titles without the need for a Save File transfer system, as well as a method to import save files across console generations.
Makes me want to play it first on 360, since that's what I did DA, DA Awakenings and DA2, then see about PS4 or XB1. My guess is that same company consoles (PS3 -> PS4, X360 -> XB1) would be easier to do previous gen saves to current gen consoles than cross-company.

This is the "default" for non DA/DA: A/DA2 players, like the "default" for ME3:

Players who do not have or choose not to import a world-state into Inquisition will be provided a default "canon" as in Dragon Age II: an "Ultimate Sacrifice" Dalish Warden, Alistair made King, and Hawke a mage who sided with the mages in DA2. Mark Darrah and Aaryn Flynn indicated as well that choices from Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and other DLC will also impact playthroughs.
Seems like an interesting "default" option, which makes no mention of Awakenings gameplay in the "default".

Rhys from Asunder as a party character would be beyond cool. He is such a great character and deserves more attention. The only problem I had with him was that his demeanor (sarcastic and witty, yet introspective) is exactly how I played Hawke in DA2..

Speaking of Hawke, during DA2 Cassandra was desperately searching for Hawke or the Warden from Origins. Are we to assume that since the Inquisitor appeared, she no longer cares about the previous to heroes?

bread's done
Back