Dragon Age: Origins...Any CAGs Buying day-one?

Justin_Scott

CAG Veteran
I am thinking about snagging this (360) at full retail when it drops in November...

Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

I've had the PC version pre-ordered for quite awhile now. If the EA Store ever stocks the CE I might cancel my pre-order and get that instead.

Yeah, I have the SE pre-ordered for the 360, need to change it to the CE.

Usually I shy away from the CEs, but Dragon Age's looks legit.

Indeed. I'd like to find out more about the bonus Mass Effect 2 item they are offering with the CE as well as how they are handling the Shale content for those that don't buy the CE. If the ME2 item is lame and the SE buyers can get the Shale content for free later, then I may just stick with the SE so I can spend that $15 elsewhere.

I'd probably buy it day one for PC...EXCEPT we won't know if it has activation until it's out (idiots).

Soooo...there are console versions? I didn't realize that. I guess I'll play it that way if the PC one has activation, but it sort of feels like something I'd want to play on PC.

Hi Justin_Scott...

I would love to have my hands on it .But sorry to say right now I cant afford it, but i will try to get the PC version as soon as possible.

I was on the fence initially but upon review I decided Im going to preorder this today looks really good and Ive always enjoyed Bioware titles.

Trying to decide between SE and CE, for console from amazon:

SE = $57*.9 (eca) = $51.30
CE = $75 * .9 = $67.50

$16 dollars.. dvd, cloth map, 3 items, 1 quest, 1 more follower to pick from, and a tin case... hopefully with a plastic game case as well...

planning for the ps3 which is being delayed behind the other 2, so at least i'll have a better idea which version to get.

It was going to be a day 1 for me... But I'm already going to be spending a good deal off money in November so I'm going to have to reconsider it. But if I do I'll probably get the CE for the 360 since I'll also be getting ME2 for it as well.

With a lot of the big titles I was interested in being moved to 2010 I may go ahead and snatch this one up if I need a new game to play. I guess it depends on if I'm still playing Borderlands at that point or how close it is to MW2. I'm also interested in the reviews as well.

LeRoy,

Borderlands looks stunning! I had forgotten about that. It is going to be an expensive Fall for me at least. As of right now I am picking up Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box, Scribblenauts, Borderlands, Beatles: Rock Band, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Batman, Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed psp bundle, Brutal Legend, Halo ODST, COD MW2, L4D2, Dragon Age, LBP psp, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank...

wow, I may need to reconsider some of those...

Anyways, Borderlands is a must buy for me as well.

Lol, I didn't hear about it until this year, so I may look into it. I'm always up for an RPG.

Just wondering, but is this game worth Pre-Ordering to get on Day 1? Reason why I'm asking is because I want to get this game, but my Gamestop store isn't taking preorders for the Collector's Edition. You still get the Feral Wolf Charm and Memory Ring if you Preorder the regular game. And I heard the Blood Dragon Armor you get with any new copy of the game whether you preorder or not.

I'm also having some money issues, and I already reserved Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition and Assassin's Creed II. If I do Pre-Order, I might not be able to have enough money to afford MW2 and AC2 on launch. I could trade some games in to buy Dragon Age, but I don't really like Trading games in unless the games are crap and/or I don't play anymore or hate playing.

So should I Pre-Order to get the game on launch even though the 2 bonus items might not be worth it? Or Should I just wait it out and buy the game after I get MW2 and AC2? I like playing RPG's and I've heard nothing but good things about this game, but Money Issues is what really bothers me about getting this on Day 1.

I might get my *cheap ass* status revoked on this, but I have preordered the Special Edition for the 360. Why? A cloth map. Im a sucker for a cloth map. I think it brings me back to my Ultima VII days. You guys who are under the age of 30 probably dont know the old Ultima games, but Ultima VII was *THE* most amazing game, long before Bauldurs Gate was a twinkle in Bioware's eye.

Any other old RPGers here who remember they days of "cloth map as standard?"

I have it pre-ordered for about $7 for the PC. (GC and ECA brought that number down.)

I'll be installing and running in seconds!

Nope. I can wait a few months for a 50% price drop.

I wish I would have waited on Mass Effect, I bought it at nearly full price and then 4 months later the game was selling for 30$ retail.

One of my buddies already preordered it on the PC, so he's getting all the DLC with it. The only real preorder bonus is the $10 gift card from amazon, all the trinkets I can do without. If feels more like a PC game I'll probably get it for PC otherwise, borderlands will more than likely occupy my time well into the new year.

Someone posted the sears black friday ad recently, which had the game for $40, so I'll probably wait until then and hope there's also a similar online deal.

When Mass Effect came out if I remember right, it had some good deals day 1 I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon Age did as well.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm intrigued by this one, but definitely planning to wait for reviews and possibly price drops.[/QUOTE]

Game Informer's reviews were either 9s or 9.5s (just read the review today). It's always been a sure thing, although I'm still far more excited about Mass Effect 2.

I was going to say Bioware hasn't made a bad RPG, but then I remembered that Sonic DS game :hot:

[quote name='SageBigly']paid and waiting! Got CE from EA with a nice discount.[/QUOTE]

What discount? the $5 Wendy's?

Hmm. I'm debating on whether to get the Black Friday deal or just wait a few years until the GOTY edition comes out... :)

Ugh. I feel stupid buying Fallout 3 last year. Still haven't played it, and now for less I can get one with the expansions :whistle2:/

At this point, it might be cheaper for me to REBUY it. I guess I can give it away at least

I have the CE (360) pre-ordered, so I will be getting it. Sucks that Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2 also come out right after, and I am still playing through Borderlands also. Damn holiday rush of games, never enough games in the summer time when you have more spare time.

bread's done
Back